Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,544 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Obi (459 Views)

SSS Raids APC Data Office Again - Party Spokesman / I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi / I Will Never Seek Elective Office Again, Says Ibb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Obi by Dainfamous: 9:41am On Mar 27, 2012
Anambra State Governor Peter Obi has said he will not run for elective public office or hold any political office after his tenure as governor in 2014.

In a statement in Awka on Monday, the Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Media and Publicity, Mr. Valentine Obienyem, said Obi would retire to his family and private life after completing his tenure.

Obienyem, who was reacting to reports that Obi was having issues with his Imo State counterpart, Chief Rochas Okorocha, said the governor had a passion to serve his people faithfully.

The report said the National Chairman of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, Chief Victor Umeh, had declared that Okorocha would replace the late Chief Emeka Ojukwu as the leader of Igbo, instead of Obi, many had suggested for the role.

Obi has also been linked with an aspiration to run as Vice-President in 2015 after his tenure.

“The governor himself has said it for the umpteenth time that after serving the people of the state that he would not go for any other political job, senate, ministerial appointment or any other,” Obienyem said.

He insisted that Obi and Okorcha were not at loggerheads, saying the reports of their brawling were unfounded.

He called on the media to reject one-sided stories and ensure that the views of all sides to a story were reflected in the interest of objectivity.

Obienyem said, “I am sure if the writer of that story had contacted either of the governors’ aides, they would have got the right position, except he was clearly out for mischief.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-wont-run-for-public-office-again-obi/

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Knew Of Third Term Plot –ex-minister !!! / Fuel Subsidy Probe / Who Are The Real Activists From The North?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.