Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,873 members, 7,817,571 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri (14608 Views)

Boko Haram Kill 29 Villagers. Burn 200 Homes In Borno / Abandoned IEDs By Boko Haram Kill 63 In Borno Town / Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by Beaf: 7:04pm On Mar 27, 2012
[size=14pt]Boko Haram sect reportedly kill father of arrested spokesman[/size]

Father of alleged Boko Haram spokesman, Abu Qaqa, was reportedly killed in Maiduguri, the Borno state capital, by suspected sect members.

The purported sect’s spokesman, who was arrested in February by the State Security Service in Kaduna, has remained in SSS custody.

The Boko Haram sect has repeatedly denied that the man in custody is the sect’s spokesman; however, security officials insist they have the right man in custody.

Qaqa’s father, said to be a retired prison warder, was murdered alongside a former colleague on Monday evening as they prepared for prayers in Maiduguri, heartland of the sect.

A security official, speaking on the basis of anonymity as he was not authorised to release information, confirmed to the Associated Press that one of the murdered victims was infact the father of the suspected Boko Haram spokesman.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/03/27/boko-haram-sect-reportedly-kill-father-of-arrested-spokesman/

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by Beaf: 7:06pm On Mar 27, 2012
[size=14pt]Boko Haram kills Qaga’s father[/size]
By Agency Reporter

Gunmen suspected to be members of the radical Islamic sect on Monday evening killed the father of its detained spokesman, Abu Qaqa, in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.

Qaga’s father, who is a retired prison warder and a former colleague were murdered as they preparing for prayers in Maiduguri, the sect traditional home.

The Boko Haram's spokesman was arrested by the State Security Service in February.

A security officer told The Associated Press one of the men was the father of a Boko Haram suspect arrested earlier this year on suspicion of being a spokesman for the sect.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/41192-boko-haram-kills-qaga%E2%80%99s-father.html
Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by MrGlobe(m): 7:36pm On Mar 27, 2012
The fck Stupid Nigeria security team. Dont they know that if they arrest qaqa or whatever they are meant to place a surveillance on his family. Protect them and all. Anywhere goodluck to them with fighting terrorism like they are fighting pepper theft.
Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by Beaf: 7:39pm On Mar 27, 2012
Mr. Globe:
The fck Stupid Nigeria security team. Dont they know that if they arrest qaqa or whatever they are meant to place a surveillance on his family. Protect them and all. Anywhere goodluck to them with fighting terrorism like they are fighting pepper theft.

Really? There is nothing to show that his family are boko haram members, therefore there is no need to spy on them and infringe upon their rights.
Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 27, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Well did that man tell the security forces his son was a bokram member ?
No he didn't, he didn't save the lives of his son's victims, so why should we spend our taxes on saving his life ?
Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by MrGlobe(m): 10:44pm On Mar 27, 2012
Beaf:

Really? There is nothing to show that his family are boko haram members, therefore there is no need to spy on them and infringe upon their rights.
.... says the director of SSS.

Well, i think killing the man can harden and intimidate qaqa against making any useful information. Its a signal that should have been prevented. Catch a terrorist, protect and place a survellaince on the family cos the org is coming after them. When will Nigerian security learn?
Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 27, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Well, i think killing the man can harden and intimidate qaqa against making any useful information. Its a signal that should have been prevented. Catch a terrorist, protect and place a survellaince on the family cos the org is coming after them. When will Nigerian security learn?
I think that first of all a man in prison can be kept from any outside information if it had to be done. And I think the only effect this would have on Qaqa is a liberation from boko haram threat to his father and the quest for vengeance on bh, therefore he should open up quicker now.
Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by oiseworld: 10:58pm On Mar 27, 2012
patriot2: I think that first of all a man in prison can be kept from any outside information if it had to be done. And I think the only effect this would have on Qaqa is a liberation from boko haram threat to his father and the quest for vengeance on bh, therefore he should open up quicker now.

i agree, if there be any human still left in him, then it's time for him to turn against the sect.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by Demdem(m): 11:01pm On Mar 27, 2012
patriot2:
Well did that man tell the security forces his son was a bokram member ?
No he didn't, he didn't save the lives of his son's victims, so why should we spend our taxes on saving his life ?

And how do u know that the father knows the attrocities of his son? If true, I expect the security forces should Av picked him to and charged him probably being an accomplice. As far as I am concerned, an innocent man has just been killed and it was very stupidd for not placing him under serious protection.
Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by Beaf: 11:14pm On Mar 27, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Do you know how many thousand boko haram members the SSS, prisons, army have under arrest? That would mean possibly tens or hundreds thousands for the intelligence services to watch. Your suggestion is utopian.

Even if the man had been kept under survellaince, it wouldn't have stopped anyone killing him - eyes looking at a person will not stop bullets aimed at the person.
Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by Mowire: 11:25pm On Mar 27, 2012
oiseworld:

i agree, if there be any human still left in him, then it's time for him to turn against the sect.

And this is if the man in custody is indeed the real qaqa.
Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 27, 2012
Demdem:

And how do u know that the father knows the attrocities of his son? If true, I expect the security forces should Av picked him to and charged him probably being an accomplice. As far as I am concerned, an innocent man has just been killed and it was very stupidd for not placing him under serious protection.
pls dnt let ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ insult U̶̲̥̅̊. D̶̲̥̅̊Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ U̶̲̥̅̊ HªvΣ brains @ all?
Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 27, 2012
Mowire:

And this is if the man in custody is indeed the real qaqa.
So you will rather believe terrorists!
Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by UKBobo(m): 11:35pm On Mar 27, 2012
Seems like the quality of life has now been reduced to a work-home arrangement in the North. Shame. I spent some great years in Kano and Biu.
Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 27, 2012
cry lipsrsealed
Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by msb247(m): 11:47pm On Mar 27, 2012
lipsrsealed
Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by 1025: 11:57pm On Mar 27, 2012
this boko haram of a group are so useless. they kill irrelevant ppl. we were calling them to attend the pdp convention where they will help nigerians reduce the number of federal govt recognised criminals but they refused to show up
now na old man wey village them go kill. it is a very big shame to the useless group.

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by ujchief(m): 12:02am On Mar 28, 2012
My brief- boko haram killed the man to send a strong message to qaqa and other detainees, 'sing and ur immediate family, wives and children will be next',
or, the security agency murderd the man, making it look like a boko job, just to make qaqa harden up against boko, exposing them on his quest for vengance.
My 20 kobo

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by Beaf: 12:02am On Mar 28, 2012
1025: this boko haram of a group are so useless. they kill irrelevant ppl. we were calling them to attend the pdp convention where they will help nigerians reduce the number of federal govt recognised criminals but they refused to show up
now na old man wey village them go kill. it is a very big shame to the useless group.

Why don't you build a shrine to worship boko haram?
Blood-sucking fool.
Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by jethro2: 12:06am On Mar 28, 2012
The story is having a twist. Approaching the interesting part when the sect starts turning against each other
Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by Businesstools(m): 12:13am On Mar 28, 2012
I think our christian leaders need to organize a special fasting and prayer session for God to take control of the security situation of this country.This Boko Haram menace is beyond what the government and security agencies can manage.
Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 28, 2012
ujchief: My brief- boko haram killed the man to send a strong message to qaqa and other detainees, 'sing and ur immediate family, wives and children will be next',
or, the security agency murderd the man, making it look like a boko job, just to make qaqa harden up against boko, exposing them on his quest for vengance.
My 20 kobo
Don't give too much into conspiracy theory, the most probable thing is that qaqa gave information and because of that bh drank his father's blood. But the thing is that if the government doesn't want bh members in jail to know what is going on outside then, then that would be very easy for gvt to do. So if this were a message then only outside members would get it.
Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by Nobody: 12:24am On Mar 28, 2012
Businesstools: I think our christian leaders need to organize a special fasting and prayer session for God to take control of the security situation of this country.This Boko Haram menace is beyond what the government and security agencies can manage.
My baby is crying in the living room, i think, just like you, that the gvt and security agencies can not manage it so please let us start fasting and praying.
Slowpoke!!!!!
Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by Mowire: 12:24am On Mar 28, 2012
patriot2:
So you will rather believe terrorists!

I believe neither. I'm indifferent to both's claim cos I trust neither. However, I've no doubt that the man in custody must be a bh member. And personally I think this particular killing was by one of the alleged rival factions of the sect. But, then, I'm not a security expert.
Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by Nobody: 12:31am On Mar 28, 2012
Mowire:

I believe neither. I'm indifferent to both's claim cos I trust neither. However, I've no doubt that the man in custody must be a bh member. And personally I think this particular killing was by one of the alleged rival factions of the sect. But, then, I'm not a security expert.
Listen you have no reason to doubt SSS on this.
What you should know is that 99% of terrorism is propaganda, so actually bh news agents actually do more than the bh men carrying guns. terrorists are professional liars, that is the only way they can survive.
If the people is not afraid then the terror goes away.me I don't fear death, if bh came my street then i would come out with my gun and fight to my end if necessary. terror is only in your head. If you chose bravery, peace of mind, then terror will be no more.
Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by eherbal(m): 12:36am On Mar 28, 2012
Very Good!Now they're feasting on themselves. Very,Very Good!
Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by Seamate(m): 3:16am On Mar 28, 2012
They can eliminate themselves. Will make Nigerians happier
Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by Odunnu: 5:47am On Mar 28, 2012
jethro2: The story is having a twist. Approaching the interesting part when the sect starts turning against each other
simples!
Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by betrani(m): 5:52am On Mar 28, 2012
Beaf:

so u don't watchh the americans! And u don't knw that the family of avaluable terrorist nids protection? The sect members would look for all possible ways to get back at him for "letting them down" hence any of his family members!
Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by onyewec3: 6:03am On Mar 28, 2012
Demdem:

Was JF kenedy(fmr american pressident) not under security watch b4 he was killed? Abu qaqa shuld start nailing the sect now......killing of qaqa's father was a collateral damage.Nigerian security is doing a good job.
Re: Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri by Nobody: 6:19am On Mar 28, 2012
nawa for some people for here o... Make them protect terrorist family it doesn't make any sense to me at all. You must reap what you sowed, simple!! If I hear say our police dey protect Qaqa family angry rubbish!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olaitan Akinwunmi Wins Lagos Bye-Election, Ifako Ijaye Federal Constituency / Jubilation, As Ihedioha Pays Full Salaries To Imo Workers, Implements 100% Salar / NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.