Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,338 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? (15603 Views)

counter thread: Wearing Fake Butt And Boobs Pad Isn't Bad / Isn't She Beautiful? / See What Omotola wore for Konga Ad...isn't she lovely? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by chinani(f): 7:04pm On Mar 26, 2006
@ Skidoc

You know what? You're an idiot. Why? B/c of the way you just handled this conversation. Allow me to recap: You stated your opinion. I stated my opinion and asked questions. Then you stated your opinion and asked questions. But when I responded all you could say was "I could not even make any sense out of your looooong prose."

It takes a real man, scratch that adult, to admit that they've been outmatched. It also takes an adult to concede an argument or to simply say[i] "I stand by my beliefs even though I can not prove them as I previously implied/stated."[/i] Adults do this for three reasons (1) He/she respects the person he/she is addressing. (2) He/she respects him/herself. or (3) Both (1) and (2).
Every adult has said/done this in their lifetime. You apparently are not that person. I hope you grow as a person. If you don't respect me & don't want to converse with me, as I said before, "fine" but spare me your bullshit because I'm not the one.

One thing you got right: You're not on my level.

But I knew that already.
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by chinani(f): 7:07pm On Mar 26, 2006
larger_20:

Ethiopians i think are mixuture of white and africans due to the history of that country so he is write back saying that she looks cassusian somehow. Ever head that ethiopia is corrupt or have u heard ethiopia is facing serious problems other african countires are facing? Their economony is growing like the ghana economy. Neverthless this notion has nothing to do with being mixture of white and blacks. Ethiopians are smart as hell, i have two in my school, they r just too smart and beating the whites hands down and they r not into making too much noise like loud mouth nigerians

Larger_20, I wasn't sure what you were trying to say here. What issue do you take w/ TX_longhorn's response. I don't think ya'll are saying different things, so I'm confused.
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by larger20(m): 7:15pm On Mar 26, 2006
chinani:

Larger_20, I wasn't sure what you were trying to say here. What issue do you take w/ TX_longhorn's response. I don't think ya'll are saying different things, so I'm confused.

Please read http://www.stormfront.org/whitehistory/hwr45.htm

Ethiopians are smart asses, tough like iron and resisted the white men during slavery in africa. Unlike nigeria and other african countries that sold their peopel to slavery. Ethiopia said no. They defeated the italians in the 17th centyury. They were the first country to get their freedom before south africa and other countries that joined later. After the creation of their independed state in the 16th century, the whites started visiting ethiopia and mixed up with them. The effect of this mixture is not too much  because of the dominant black population hyowever if the whites were allowed to be there for a longer time, the diffrence will be very clear like in south africa
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by chinani(f): 7:31pm On Mar 26, 2006
@ larger_20

LARGER_20, Stormfront is a WHITE NATIONALIST COMMUNITY! It's a "front" for white supremacist! It even says "White Pride World Wide" by a symbol that looks eerily like a swastika! Oh, god, it's kinda scary to have gone to that site. Did you know this when you gave me the link? Regardless, I can not go by their word. I don't trust bigoted people to relate or record history in a non prejudicial way. Please send me another link if available. (I want to know more about East Africa.)

But my original confusion was, how does what you just typed contradict anything that TX_longhorn said. Why the disagreement? Or maybe there isn't one. . .
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by larger20(m): 7:52pm On Mar 26, 2006
chinani:

@ larger_20

LARGER_20, Stormfront is a WHITE NATIONALIST COMMUNITY! It's a "front" for white supremacist! It even says "White Pride World Wide" by a symbol that looks eerily like a swastika! Oh, god, it's kind of scary to have gone to that site. Did you know this when you gave me the link? Regardless, I can not go by their word. I don't trust bigoted people to relate or record history in a non prejudicial way. Please send me another link if available. (I want to know more about East Africa.)

But my original confusion was, how does what you just typed contradict anything that TX_longhorn said. Why the disagreement? Or maybe there isn't one. . .

haha you are funny ok read this informal posting, maybe that should help, I have nothing against white men, I don't see why they should not be proud of the great things they are doing, What i am saying is that we africans should learn. Chinese people did it. jealousy will not help us. Something good is good and should be encouraged.

Regarding the ethiopians,, Check below for details

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/rnr/143965567.html
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by chinani(f): 8:32pm On Mar 26, 2006
@ Larger_20

Oh, I didn't mean to be funny. I'm just always afraid those people are going to trace my computer and go "She's on white! Let's kill her!" and I don't want any trouble. I was just lost on cyber space. But I don't think there the types that listen to reason. I know. . .the whole scenario is improbable but that's the fear.

As for you link. I checked out. Thanks. I agree w/ you. What's good is good. I like LIYA alot! But, I don't really agree w/ your sources b/c they're non-academic and I've kind of stopped believing in race[/i]s. I have cousins with blues eyes & white skin for god sakes and they're not White. They're Igbo like me. (It doesn't seem to matter if the non-"white" looking spouse is "dark", a majority of the babies seem to favor the lighter phenotype.) And everyone always ask me annoying questions: why do I have "good" hair? why aren't my eyes "dark" brown? why is so-and-so light skinned if he/she is African?

I think that some people are "mixed" but that others just defy what we think of as "African" or "Black" and to me [i]this means that our defn of white, black and everything in between is much to narrow

Mind you, I'm not arguing. If it comes to that: you're right & I'm wrong. It's all good. smiley
[center]
Again, thanks for taking the time & sending the link. I like to read up on stuff like that.
[/center]
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by larger20(m): 8:40pm On Mar 26, 2006
poor chinani

No body will kill you to voice our your opinion provided it is not prejudism and not in violation of laws in your territory. If you're afriad to voice out your opinion, well I am just the opossite.
No one will kill you for saying your mind ok? Remeber u r in the United states where freedom of speach is widely respected. Do you need a body guard?
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by Seun(m): 8:41pm On Mar 26, 2006
I think Liya Kebede is beautiful. I don't care why; just send her to me if you can! kiss
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by luvu567(f): 1:08am On Mar 27, 2006
yeah they are smart , i had this ethiopian boy in my class one time and he was smart as hell.
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by Txlonghorn(m): 4:37am On Mar 27, 2006
Wow, everybody here needs to calm down before I drop a C4 and blow up this mother grin grin. Ethiopians are gorgeous and not soooo feisty like we Nigerian end of topic.I don't want to be yelled at so I'll just do the right thing and shut up my big mouth lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by chinani(f): 4:41am On Mar 27, 2006
HAHA! C4 makes me think of Rush Hour and Chris Tucker. What's that man doing about now? We Nigerians are something else, myself included.
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by otokx(m): 8:39am On Mar 27, 2006
i don't think she is gorgeous.
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by ocho(f): 2:36pm On Mar 27, 2006
Aww she sure is and I bet her Ethiopian brother(s) will be even more gorgeous wink I love me some Ethiopian men! wink
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by romeo(m): 2:56pm On Mar 27, 2006
Ever head that Ethiopia is corrupt or have u heard Ethiopia is facing serious problems other African countires are facing? Their economy is growing like the Ghana economy
, dude they are fighting wars since i was a kid and recently under border dispute with neigbour Eritrea
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by Skidoc(m): 5:22pm On Mar 27, 2006
Haha, chinani. so you are still at it. You know your posts give you away as someone who is not bright, how do/did you cope in school? You can't possibly outmatch me, oh, in your dreams maybe. I was expecting you to post something that would challenge my thoughts but that long meaningless baby babbling you posted Hell no!!! You failed at it, so there's no point dragging it with someone who has got no clue. cool Trivial and thus negligible.
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by chinani(f): 6:10pm On Mar 27, 2006
Skidoc, as I stated in my above reply, you are no longer worthy of my conversaton. I haven't any interest in trading insults and such nonsense. Don't address your comments to me.
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by Skidoc(m): 6:29pm On Mar 27, 2006
It's good you have found your level. tongue
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by chinani(f): 6:44pm On Mar 27, 2006
chinani:

Skidoc, as I stated in my above reply, you are no longer worthy of my conversaton. I haven't any interest in trading insults and such nonsense. Don't address your comments to me.
Why are you still speaking to me? LEAVE ME ALONE. Geez.
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by Skidoc(m): 6:45pm On Mar 27, 2006
Muhahaha!  grin grin grin Am I freaking you out?
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by chinani(f): 6:56pm On Mar 27, 2006
Skidoc:

Muhahaha! grin grin grin Am I freaking you out?
NO, you're not. I actually think you're doing yourself a disservice. This is a forum. People come to express their views/opinions with others. You do not want to do this with me. All you can do is insult me. Fine; only ideas interest me, not you. So what's the point of still talking to me? You're not interested in any of my ideas, so what can exist between us: Nothing. Only acrimony and I'm not interested in that.
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by Skidoc(m): 7:12pm On Mar 27, 2006
Ok sorry. Is that what you want to hear? I take it again; "Ok sorry". kiss Please don't go nuts over "Ethiopian Liya Kebede" grin.
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by chinani(f): 7:19pm On Mar 27, 2006
I am "nuts" over "Ethiopian Liya Kebede". She's one of my FAV models. Hello! You and me on the other hand - - - anyways, let's just have a cease fire. **I think I might have carpal tunnel anyway.**
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by larger20(m): 7:28pm On Mar 27, 2006
chinani, ignorant is the best answer for skidoc until he learns to respect other peoples opinion without prejudism
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by Skidoc(m): 7:29pm On Mar 27, 2006
Chinani, When I said sorry, I expected you to shut the f**k up! Seems like you actually really want to keep talking. You keep saying you don't want to talk again and you keep talking?

Larger, you are still beefing me. cheesy And please correctment your English. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by chinani(f): 8:08pm On Mar 27, 2006
Skidoc:

Chinani, When I said sorry, I expected you to shut the f**k up! Seems like you actually really want to keep talking. You keep saying you don't want to talk again and you keep talking?

Larger, you are still beefing me. cheesy And please correctment your English. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Dude, what are you on about? My reply was meant to be light hearted and joking. It wasn't serious. Chill.

@ Larger_20
People do make me wonder. . .
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by Txlonghorn(m): 1:16am On Mar 28, 2006
I see you two are still going at it, I guess my warning was not taken serious, OK as from now on this fight is officially over so Chinani and Skidoc sake hands and be friends the next person to say something rude or mean will totally lose my respect and will be in DETENTION HALL all summer. Trust me I've been to DETENTION HALL A FEW TIMES in High School and it's not fun.

I have my BIG SEXY EYES ON YOU TWO shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by hotangel2(f): 7:33am On Mar 28, 2006
She's pretty. I never knew her name.
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by Skidoc(m): 8:55am On Mar 28, 2006
TX, you are one funny dude. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by effects8000(m): 12:55pm On Mar 29, 2006
Damm cus!!!!!!!! she fine! tongue
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by tipsy289(m): 8:19pm On Mar 29, 2006
Hmmmn, She's gorgeous but she looked like she was bones b4 she went to America,anyway Ethopians are good looking.In their good state,they have all their stuff fantastique. smiley Give it up 2 them.
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by Odeku(m): 10:31pm On Mar 29, 2006
HEC NO she is jacked up
Re: Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? by sade511(f): 10:43pm On Mar 29, 2006
Are you serious? shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Somalis Rated #6 Best Looking People On Earth. / 18 WAYS TO TIE A NECKTIE Presented by: Real Men Real Style.com (photo) / I Want To Be Beautiful!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.