Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 (8407 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

AC Milan: 40% (14 votes)
Barcelona: 28% (10 votes)
Draw: 31% (11 votes)
This poll has ended

AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 / AC Milan Vs Barcelona - UCL (2 - 0) On 20th February 2013 / UCL: AC Milan Vs Arsenal (4 - 0) On 15th February 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by mukina2: 1:16pm On Mar 28, 2012
AC Milan goalkeeper Christian Abbiati is not expecting an easy ride in tomorrow's Champions League quarter-final, first leg against Barcelona at the Giuseppe Meazza stadium.

The Serie A leaders face Barca for the third time this season after previously meeting in the group stages.

Abbiati is aware of the challenge his team faces against the European Cup holders and favourites, who can call upon a star-studded squad led by Argentina international Lionel Messi.

"I am perfectly aware that I will have in front of me the best player in the world,'' Abbiati said. "With a player like him, you can only analyse his free-kicks and penalties as the rest of his game is unpredictable because he is a complete player.''

However, Abbiati stressed that Barca are not a one-man team.

"It's not going to be a battle between me and Messi,'' he said. "Barcelona is not just Messi and hence, we will not only focus on him. They are a complete team.''

Milan have not beaten Barca since October 2004. They did hold the Spaniards to a 2-2 draw in Spain in September, while the Primera Division giants won 3-2 at the San Siro three months later to finish top of Group H.

"In the group stages we played two very good games,'' Abbiati said. "We did suffer a little bit in Barcelona.

"Our reference game, besides the result, will be the return leg we played in Milan.''

Abbiati knows his team will have to make the most of their chances to have a chance against Pep Guardiola's side.

"Barca create 20 goalscoring opportunities per game, hence we will have to be smart and make the most of our chances,'' he said.

Former Barcelona striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic will lead Milan's attack after scoring twice to give Milan a 2-1 win over Roma on Saturday.

A fourth straight win in the league kept Milan four points clear of Juventus at the top of Serie A.

The Italians will have to overcome the absence of injured defenders Thiago Silva and Ignazio Abate, while midfielder Mark van Bommel serves a one-match ban.

However, Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes expects a tough game.

" Despite those absences, they are still a great team,'' he said. "They are going through a good spell and they are always dangerous.

"We know that from our previous meetings against them this season.''

Barca have also put together an impressive run of form, winning their last seven league matches in a row to remain six points behind Primera Division leaders Real Madrid.

The Catalan outfit will be bolstered by the return of defender Dani Alves, who missed the clash at Mallorca through suspension.

AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri welcomes back defender Alessandro Nesta and winger Robinho from injury.

Match
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by collinsfbi(m): 1:33pm On Mar 28, 2012
mukina2: AC Milan goalkeeper Christian Abbiati is not expecting an easy ride in tomorrow's Champions League quarter-final, first leg against Barcelona at the Giuseppe Meazza stadium.

The Serie A leaders face Barca for the third time this season after previously meeting in the group stages.

Abbiati is aware of the challenge his team faces against the European Cup holders and favourites, who can call upon a star-studded squad led by Argentina international Lionel Messi.

"I am perfectly aware that I will have in front of me the best player in the world,'' Abbiati said. "With a player like him, you can only analyse his free-kicks and penalties as the rest of his game is unpredictable because he is a complete player.''

However, Abbiati stressed that Barca are not a one-man team.

"It's not going to be a battle between me and Messi,'' he said. "Barcelona is not just Messi and hence, we will not only focus on him. They are a complete team.''

Milan have not beaten Barca since October 2004. They did hold the Spaniards to a 2-2 draw in Spain in September, while the Primera Division giants won 3-2 at the San Siro three months later to finish top of Group H.

"In the group stages we played two very good games,'' Abbiati said. "We did suffer a little bit in Barcelona.

"Our reference game, besides the result, will be the return leg we played in Milan.''

Abbiati knows his team will have to make the most of their chances to have a chance against Pep Guardiola's side.

"Barca create 20 goalscoring opportunities per game, hence we will have to be smart and make the most of our chances,'' he said.

Former Barcelona striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic will lead Milan's attack after scoring twice to give Milan a 2-1 win over Roma on Saturday.

A fourth straight win in the league kept Milan four points clear of Juventus at the top of Serie A.

The Italians will have to overcome the absence of injured defenders Thiago Silva and Ignazio Abate, while midfielder Mark van Bommel serves a one-match ban.

However, Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes expects a tough game.

"Despite those absences, they are still a great team,'' he said. "They are going through a good spell and they are always dangerous.

"We know that from our previous meetings against them this season.''

Barca have also put together an impressive run of form, winning their last seven league matches in a row to remain six points behind Primera Division leaders Real Madrid.

The Catalan outfit will be bolstered by the return of defender Dani Alves, who missed the clash at Mallorca through suspension.

AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri welcomes back defender Alessandro Nesta and winger Robinho from injury.

Match

I know it's not going to be easy but I can see barca celebrating. 3-1 in favour of my team, the almighty Barca God helping us.

Gbamm over and out
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by dadicvila(m): 1:59pm On Mar 28, 2012
Allegri inspire the troops,na 1 head their players get too,we are battle ready....FORZA MILAN
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by ddippset(m): 2:07pm On Mar 28, 2012
and guess who already has something to say. the big mouthed, foul mouthed jose mourinho himself. he says he hopes there wouldn't be refereeing decisions to favour barcelona today. and then i respond to him; "do not worry about it mr mourinho, there wont be. barca already played milan twice this season without any controversies. milan do not have animals named pepe, ramos, and marcelo and do not have divers named di maria and penaldo. so there wont be controversies. milan have players who want to kick the football and not the footballer."
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by usbcable(m): 2:33pm On Mar 28, 2012
na barcelona way to get favors from refs.
no be today.
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by xage(m): 2:50pm On Mar 28, 2012
Any team playing barcelona should be ready for officiating menace
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by collinsfbi(m): 2:52pm On Mar 28, 2012
ddippset: and guess who already has something to say. the big mouthed, foul mouthed jose mourinho himself. he says he hopes there wouldn't be refereeing decisions to favour barcelona today. and then i respond to him; "do not worry about it mr mourinho, there wont be. barca already played milan twice this season without any controversies. milan do not have animals named pepe, ramos, and marcelo and do not have divers named di maria and penaldo. so there wont be controversies. milan have players who want to kick the football and not the footballer."

Never mind the useless coach like him, he play ordinary villareal and collected red card along two other players. It shows how rude and useless he is. Always has something to complain about. I hope we'll meet again.

Gbamm over and out
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by teskyg: 3:28pm On Mar 28, 2012
@ ddippset and collinsFBI,please focu on your match today and not what Mourinho said.You can start a whole new thread if you want to discussed Mourinho.After all,has refree not really been favouring Barcelona in most of the Matches in Uefa for the past five years?

Can you point to any season for the past years that Barcelona has not won any of the decisive matches under questionable circumstances?
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 28, 2012
Barca all the way! Next.
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by ddippset(m): 3:48pm On Mar 28, 2012
teskyg: @ ddippset and collinsFBI,please focu on your match today and not what Mourinho said.You can start a whole new thread if you want to discussed Mourinho.After all,has refree not really been favouring Barcelona in most of the Matches in Uefa for the past five years?

Can you point to any season for the past years that Barcelona has not won any of the decisive matches under questionable circumstances?

say what you say. mourinho himself won 2 champs league under questionable circumstances. at porto a wrong referee's decision gave him his first champions league. the man just cant live with the fact that barcelona has been beating him black and blue since he came to madrid. (including a neat clean fair and square 5-0 bashing) i'd focus on my match alright, thank you but you could be consistent with your 'good guy image' by simply saying 'mourinho should mind his own business'
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by Fin9(m): 4:22pm On Mar 28, 2012
come to think of it. Barca isn't that really a big team with the all the controversial refereeing decisions in their favour. For me, to enjoy good football, watch Swansea and Arsenal teams in the EPL. They play good football always. Shalom.
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by beey2(m): 5:31pm On Mar 28, 2012
teskyg: @ ddippset and collinsFBI,please focu on your match today and not what Mourinho said.You can start a whole new thread if you want to discussed Mourinho.After all,has refree not really been favouring Barcelona in most of the Matches in Uefa for the past five years?

@ teskyg be informed dt at Barca we talk football by PLAYING GOOD QUALITY GAME we dont waste our skills talking football nonsense ...over n out!
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by chic2pimp(m): 6:00pm On Mar 28, 2012
Thiago Silva is set to miss both legs as he has been ruled out for a month. Sad that we would have to make do without our best defender. I hope his absence won't be felt as much as I fear it might.

A win would do me just fine. Having something to hold on to for the return leg at the Nou Camp is vital.

Forza Milan!!!
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by mukina2: 7:43pm On Mar 28, 2012
hmmmm broken legs

hand shakes . .see dirtyyyyyyyyy Alvez .. please red card today too angry
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by mukina2: 7:45pm On Mar 28, 2012
game on!
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by mukina2: 7:47pm On Mar 28, 2012
seedorf kuku retire now na

offside boateng
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by mukina2: 7:48pm On Mar 28, 2012
haba robinho angry
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by cbjonstage(m): 7:48pm On Mar 28, 2012
robinho missed a chance....bleeped
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by chic2pimp(m): 7:48pm On Mar 28, 2012
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ROBINHO HAS KILLED ME OOOOO
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by mukina2: 7:49pm On Mar 28, 2012
hahahahahah nor faint o grin
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by mukina2: 7:50pm On Mar 28, 2012
ojoro starts

see freekick wey dem dash messi

hmmmm
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by cbjonstage(m): 7:50pm On Mar 28, 2012
three players marking MESSI...they don finish nah for d free-kick
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by mukina2: 7:51pm On Mar 28, 2012
hehehe e better wey e be offiside cuz see miss grin grin grin
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by cbjonstage(m): 7:51pm On Mar 28, 2012
na juju dem do ooo
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 28, 2012
Up barca Up barca Up barca Up barca Up barca Up barca Up barca Up barca
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by mukina2: 7:54pm On Mar 28, 2012
chei chei see heart attack for milan

ref give alvez red he wan kill keeper angry grin
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 28, 2012
Air conditioner millan ll hear wen today
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by mukina2: 7:56pm On Mar 28, 2012
Boateng is good

robinho is an idiot angry
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by Abujabir24: 7:59pm On Mar 28, 2012
any live stream?
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by mukina2: 8:00pm On Mar 28, 2012
another barca freekick grin
Re: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 by mukina2: 8:01pm On Mar 28, 2012
nooooo not a penalty o

give him a card for diving angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Utd V Liverpool [2 - 1] On Sunday 22nd March / Wigan Accept Chelsea's Bid For Victor-Moses / West Bromwich Albion Vs Chelsea (1 - 0) On Saturday March 3rd 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.