Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,780 members, 7,820,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

MTN'S Hourly Plan (simple Surf) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN'S Hourly Plan (simple Surf) (8824 Views)

How To Use Etisalat BIS On Android, PC Or Any Device That Can Surf The Internet / No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN'S Hourly Plan (simple Surf) by leuelliot(m): 9:41pm On Mar 28, 2012
I actually thought MTN had done something remarkable with this bundle plan (Simple Surf) cheesy cheesy to meet the needs of those who download large files but i was heavily mistaken. I subscribed to the 100 HOURS 30 DAYS plan 5k. it was fast and furious, Google was dishing out results as if it could read my mind lol. Then the downloading began, in 3hrs i had downloaded close to 1GB of Data then out of no where GBAM my download speed dropped to 15kb/s shocked shocked WTF i called customer care the next day filed a complaint as usual they said its a network issue give it time, after 12hrs we are still on it, 48hrs there is nothing wrong with the network. I then decided to devote my whole day to pay MTN a visit at their office (it's been a while i was there to make trouble). when i got to the first center there was no 3g signal imagine! (SMH) so there was no point narrating my ordeal to them undecided i was referred to the head office, after an hour of slow traffic i arrived. The OKOKO i saw said his job is not to check why it is slow, in fact why did i subscribe to the 100hr plan bla bla bla (omo one mind de do slap am! slap am! but i just maintain) when i saw he wasn't forthcoming i left. While driving i then had an idea, i was gonna try the 2hr 250Naira plan on another Sim, which i just did and after 200MB its speed has also dropped to 15kb/s. So here's the catch you get unlimited data but the speed/bandwidth would limited once you cross a predefined milestone(200MB 1GB etc). You can't imagine the joy i derived from smashing all my MTN sims. Summary if you are not a download junkie like me, these plans are not bad at all, but if you are stay away from them like you are under a restraining order.

1 Like

Re: MTN'S Hourly Plan (simple Surf) by leuelliot(m): 9:54pm On Mar 28, 2012
double post please delete or lock thanks
Re: MTN'S Hourly Plan (simple Surf) by FiremanJr(m): 11:39pm On Mar 28, 2012
Same thing happens to me. It even drops to as low as 5k/s. I knew it was too good to be true. s

1 Like

Re: MTN'S Hourly Plan (simple Surf) by Mcleo007(m): 11:46pm On Mar 28, 2012
MTN is a scam! Infact, no single Nigerian service provider is left out. Etisalat BB runs an unlimited bandwidth which presupposes that one can download ad infinitum. My first three weeks were amazing. My downloaded files (mostly seasonal movies) and sundry went above 8GB at an enviable speed, but, alas the deal. The welcome has been halted. As I speak with u now, my download speed hovers around 4-9kb/s. Its even worse on 3G whether its day or night. And like the op, other etisalat users around me who download minimally have things working well for them.
Re: MTN'S Hourly Plan (simple Surf) by gmcbiz1(m): 2:34pm On Mar 29, 2012
MTN has really proved they are a big fraud, this is same with all our ISPs here in Nigeria

but dont worry guys, if we cant beat them, we can at least beat them with a proxy

thats why HHT web tunnel is the best thing to happen to Nigerians this time

the screenshot u see above is real

i download gigs of files in a day without any restrictions, it really sounds unbelievable but its the truth and only a one on one trial will convince you

what more can i say

experience the amazing speed of the HHT web tunnel and say goodbye to all your internet hassles

see here for more details

https://www.nairaland.com/886128/most-affordable-highspeed-internet-service#10500678
Re: MTN'S Hourly Plan (simple Surf) by lacastre: 5:11pm On Apr 02, 2012
i thot is only me, even the tweaks are better than these
Re: MTN'S Hourly Plan (simple Surf) by lifestyle1(m): 6:12pm On Apr 02, 2012
Unlock the shit and insert etisalat SIM for affordable browsing with IWPV5 - With 1500 you get 8GB/18GB

life_style32@yahoo.com

It also works on multilinks. cool
Re: MTN'S Hourly Plan (simple Surf) by passionate88: 9:49pm On Apr 02, 2012
[quote author=life_style]Unlock the shit and insert etisalat SIM for affordable browsing with IWPV5 - With 1500 you get 8GB/18GB

life_style32@yahoo.com

It also works on multilinks. cool[/q areyou for real?. uote]
Re: MTN'S Hourly Plan (simple Surf) by lifestyle1(m): 8:20pm On Apr 03, 2012
[quote author=passionate88][/quote]

I'm for real bro. I can even give a test to convince you.. Though there are some limitations but still you enjoy fast near free internet browsing.

wake up guys.

life_style32@yahoo.com
Re: MTN'S Hourly Plan (simple Surf) by xtremeidea(m): 10:12am On Apr 05, 2012
Chei!!! MTN!!! thanks for the heads up bro!!!
Re: MTN'S Hourly Plan (simple Surf) by lifestyle1(m): 10:55am On Apr 05, 2012
xtremeidea: Chei!!! MTN!!! thanks for the heads up bro!!!

Bro what kind of language did u use to create the site in ur signature ?
Re: MTN'S Hourly Plan (simple Surf) by KSlam: 7:48am On Apr 09, 2012
I WONDER WHAT NCC IS DOING ON THIS MOBILE OPERATORS SLAs, MTN IS SIMPLY ROBBING ITS CUSTOMERS WITH THEIR SIMPLE SURF PLANS AND THE LIKE. IT HAPPENED TO ME TWICE AS, AS SOON AS U USE ABOUT 25% OF YOUR DATA PLAN, THE SPEED JUST DROPS TO 15KB/S. ITS NOT THEIR FAULT SHA, I PUT THE BLAME ON NCC FOR NOT MONITORING OPERATORS THE WAY THEY SHOULD, IM SURE SOMEONE SOMEWHERE IS BEING PAYED TO KEEP QUIET. WHAT ABOUT US THE CUSTOMERS, WHO WILL PAY US.
Re: MTN'S Hourly Plan (simple Surf) by Saddam: 11:42pm On Apr 11, 2012

Re: MTN'S Hourly Plan (simple Surf) by jethro2: 8:23am On Apr 12, 2012
You are very lucky if MTN allows you to use the time based subscription for 30 min. Each time i subscribe my money is deducted with no service provision. Getting their customer care has been something else. MTN are ripping people off
Re: MTN'S Hourly Plan (simple Surf) by emekaict: 4:35pm On Dec 12, 2012
As a network engineer, not one working for MTN I feel their is a certain constraint or handicap intensive downloads places on the general performance of a network. Its not like the normal data when a web page is been delivered. But its still wrong for them to place that limit, I have been a victim too, I basically used mostly their 20 hours plan and the speeds have been cut after some time, when it happened like 3 times I knew it was a rule placed for clients, what they have to do is to create a cheap plan for downloaders, charge downloads by size but make it cheaper outside that useless plan of their 5G, 3G and 150MB ... They should make their customers happy ...

1 Like

Re: MTN'S Hourly Plan (simple Surf) by leuelliot(m): 8:47pm On Dec 14, 2012
^^ I totally agree with you on this

(1) (Reply)

For All Those Who Say Samsung Aren't Copying Apple.... / Download Pes 2017 For Ppsspp On Android / Website To Download Movies For Nokia Java Phones?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.