Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies (21887 Views)

Olisa Metuh Falls Off Chair; Rushed To ICU / Man Falls On A Roof In London From A Plane Coming From South African (pic ) / Igbo Deportee From Lagos Dies, Five Others In Critical Health Condition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by Nobody: 1:12am On Mar 29, 2012
A man identified as an employee of the Odi-Olowo Local Council Development Area, Lagos, died on Wednesday after falling off a moving lift on the eighth floor of the 12-storey building of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC).

The spokesman of the Lagos State Police Command, Mr Joseph Jaiyeoba, who confirmed the incident to newsmen, said that the mangled body of the deceased was recovered from the ground floor of the building.

The victim, Fatai was said to have stepped out of the lift when the doors opened midway on the eighth floor.

Fatai assumed that the lift had reached its destination, and he stepped into the air, fell off from the eight-floor till he hit the ground.

However sources gathered that the elevators were not in proper shape.

The remains of the deceased had been deposited at the mortuary while police investigation continued into the matter.

WAEC Building, Lagos: [img]http://2.bp..com/-8rs_vXLLxXk/T3ODqJz-58I/AAAAAAAAUMk/wT2fzis21PY/s1600/WAEC-building-417x300.jpg[/img]

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/03/man-dies-after-falling-off-elevator-at.html
Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by Kobojunkie: 1:18am On Mar 29, 2012
God have mercy!

1 Like

Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by Beaf: 1:23am On Mar 29, 2012
What sort of story is this? Somebody needs to go to jail for the needless loss of life. angry
Its not like we are in the phucking stone age or something. Why can't we just bloody do things properly, on what planet does one hear that lift doors open between floors?

I keep saying our embrace of chaos is the single problem that has kept Nigeria from developing.

2 Likes

Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by Weselion1(m): 1:32am On Mar 29, 2012
Beaf: What sort of story is this? Somebody needs to go to jail for the needless loss of life. angry
Its not like we are in the phucking stone age or something. Why can't we just bloody do things properly, on what planet does one hear that lift doors open between floors?

I keep saying our embrace of chaos is the single problem that has kept Nigeria from developing.
i wonder or maybe the lift doors are made of handles and lockers. Haba
Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by 76Naira(m): 1:40am On Mar 29, 2012
This is a story you would probably not believe in another country.

Nigeria is a living HELL. Just that many got used to it already.
Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by Joeblis(m): 1:45am On Mar 29, 2012
Choi!wh kind elevator b dat self..in the frist place why did the elevator stoped at d middle
Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by Nobody: 1:46am On Mar 29, 2012
Beaf: What sort of story is this? Somebody needs to go to jail for the needless loss of life. angry

You just summarized why black people are called N I G G ERS! and looked down on by every other race!

1 Like

Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by Nobody: 1:55am On Mar 29, 2012
Something must be wrong with the design of that building.when he stepped out mid air out of the 8th floor,why didnt he just land in the 8th floor?did he have to just keep dropping downwards?

8 Likes

Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by doofanc: 2:27am On Mar 29, 2012
DAMN!!
Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by Nobody: 2:39am On Mar 29, 2012
cry cry cry shocked shocked shocked
Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by Businesstools(m): 3:04am On Mar 29, 2012
It's unfortunate.May his soul rest in peace-Amen.
Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by Nobody: 3:13am On Mar 29, 2012
chima12: Something must be wrong with the design of that building.when he stepped out mid air out of the 8th floor,why didnt he just land in the 8th floor?did he have to just keep dropping downwards?
I was wondering the same thing. Do the elevator doors on the eight floor lead outside the window?

7 Likes

Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by Nobody: 4:17am On Mar 29, 2012
Like I don't even understand it. Is the elevator a roller coaster that it just decided to stop in midair or is there like a big hole in the middle of the building? How is it that he stepped out of an elevator and plummeted to his death?
Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by mykejones(m): 4:58am On Mar 29, 2012
Am tryin2picture d scenario and i jus can't get it. Is d 8th floor outside d buildin or sometin?
He was supposed2step onto the 8th floor(my thoughts),how do u now fall from it?
Someone said d Elevator was faulty,i think d whole buildin is.

6 Likes

Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by Nobody: 5:23am On Mar 29, 2012
This story sends chills down my spine. However, it does not appeal to logical reasoning. If one steps out a lift inbtw floors, all u see is a cul-de sac. Just maybe the whole damn elevator cable snapped with the deceased inside. The 8th floor does notopen into an open window does it?

1 Like

Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by Fogman(m): 5:31am On Mar 29, 2012
This is very unfortunate. Still can not comprehend this story. My questions are:
1. Why did the lift door opened in between floor?
2. Why didnt he fall on the next floor?

Persons in charge of overseeing the lift maintenance should be held responsible for this needless lost of life. Such can never go unpunish in develop countries.
Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by edoyad(m): 5:40am On Mar 29, 2012
Fogman: This is very unfortunate. Still can not comprehend this story. My questions are:
1. Why did the lift door opened in between floor?
2. Why didnt he fall on the next floor?

Persons in charge of overseeing the lift maintenance should be held responsible for this needless lost of life. Such can never go unpunish in develop countries.

One thing i know is that we will never know what really happened cos this is Naija , but your questions remain pertinent.
Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by http(m): 5:44am On Mar 29, 2012
This is sooo sad, i can't picture the whole thing, someone dies becuase of incompetency of some people who ought to do the right thing by clossing and fixing that faulty elevator. Am sure this must have happen many times but as you Nigerians will always look the other way.
Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by DonDiara(m): 6:11am On Mar 29, 2012
Am sick and tired of everything relating to NIGERIA, how can people die like ants every day and the govt can't do anything about it ?? RUBBISH lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by betrani(m): 6:11am On Mar 29, 2012
the account given by the police inspector or who eva it was, is not convincing at allllllllll it doesnt hold water, someone at waec and the police connived to kill this guy and are tryin to fool us here, i neva hear say elavator d stop midway btw floors. choi c bigger lie which elevator is so constructed to leave gaps around it na bridge themd take climb enter the floors of d buildin abi?

3 Likes

Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by Nobody: 6:14am On Mar 29, 2012
N.I.G.E.R.I.A,it can only happen here,stupid set of humans in the world..maybe,the person in charge of the maintenance thinks everybody is a Superman..
Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by Nobody: 6:16am On Mar 29, 2012
In nigeria, this is no news. The last time i checked the value of a nigerian man's life, it was N10! It always ends with the usual statement- 'police will launch a comprehensive investigation, and afterwards, case closed!
Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by hardbody: 6:40am On Mar 29, 2012
It might be Boko Haram at work oooo.police should explore that angle.just my thots. BTW, did the deceased jump? Methink people step out of elevators and if d first step is on a void, couldnt he have retraced that first step. The death of any human saddens me though
Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by Cheester: 6:44am On Mar 29, 2012
Kobojunkie: God have mercy!
AMEN OOOOO
Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by mabcos: 6:44am On Mar 29, 2012
may his sins be forgiven if any and his gentle soul rest in peace. Hence may this bring about total correction in that sucidal elevating system.
Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by juman(m): 6:52am On Mar 29, 2012
ohhhh! Unfortunate.

The root of our problem is one nigeria.
Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by juman(m): 6:53am On Mar 29, 2012
The man's family should go to court and demand for 100 billion naira from WAEC.

2 Likes

Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by Mykoj(m): 6:58am On Mar 29, 2012
Mayb d elevator z faulty cos ao d tin go stop 4 mid flor mk police investigate d mata wella
Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by funkei: 7:05am On Mar 29, 2012
There appears to be more to it than the story. Was he the only one in the elevator? How come there is no operator in the elevator as it is usually the case with elevators in public buildings?How come the man did not notice the depth of the shaft that would have opened midway?A lot of unanswered quetsions?Proper investgation needs to be carried out.

1 Like

Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by eherbal(m): 7:06am On Mar 29, 2012
betrani: the account given by the police inspector or who eva it was, is not convincing at allllllllll it doesnt hold water, someone at waec and the police connived to kill this guy and are tryin to fool us here, i neva hear say elavator d stop midway btw floors. choi c bigger lie which elevator is so constructed to leave gaps around it na bridge themd take climb enter the floors of d buildin abi?
what kinda lowlife conspiracy theory be dis ?

1 Like

Re: Man Falls Off Elevator At WAEC Building, Lagos & Dies by funkei: 7:09am On Mar 29, 2012
There appears to be more to it than the story. Was he the only one in the elevator? How come there was no operator in the elevator as it is usually the case with elevators in public buildings?How come the man did not notice the depth of the shaft that would have opened midway?A lot of unanswered quetsions?Proper investgation needs to be carried out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media / President Buhari And His Marabouts By Reuben Abati / Bukola Saraki Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death, Shares Photo With Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.