Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society (14481 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / How To Deal With Strong-armed Robbery In Lagos Traffic. / Your Experience On Klm To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by BusHouse(m): 10:59am On Mar 29, 2012
gloryland: Ekene dili chukwu doesnt operate in Calabar. I doubt the authenticity of this story. Ekene doesnt have a park or terminal in Calabar. I wonder where he boarded d so called Lagos bound bus in Calabar
I also doubt d story. He board a bus from Calaber to Lagos and somewhere in Ibillo they meet these robbers. Ibillo that i know is in akoko edo L.g.a in Edo State close to Okene in Kogi State. So how come they found them selves in ibillo when they were not going to abuja. I sincerely doubt d story.
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by domack99(m): 11:01am On Mar 29, 2012
VALIDATOR: This is scary story!
Someone made a comment that Ekene... desn't operate from Calabar. you may wanna checheck it out with Ekene... to know if any of their buses was robbed recently. Otherwise you can take it that your friend was having a good time with his secret lover all the time he was missing.

gloryland: Ekene dili chukwu doesnt operate in Calabar. I doubt the authenticity of this story. Ekene doesnt have a park or terminal in Calabar. I wonder where he boarded d so called Lagos bound bus in Calabar
VALIDATOR: This is scary story!
Someone made a comment that Ekene... desn't operate from Calabar. you may wanna checheck it out with Ekene... to know if any of their buses was robbed recently. Otherwise you can take it that your friend was having a good time with his secret lover all the time he was missing.

The bus was travelling from Abuja to Lagos not Calabar to lagos, it was a mixed up error
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by SamAfoo: 11:10am On Mar 29, 2012
You were coming from Calabar to Lagos, how come you were robbed at Ibilo? Ibilo is about 20km to Okene in Kogi State.I dont think there is any truth in this story.
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 29, 2012
shakers:

Someone that has 4.2m in his account, what business does he have travelling by road on a route that he can afford to board an airplane, well i call it penny wise pound foolish, i hope he makes it out alive.
And how much is 4.2m that will make him fly to lagos? what if he is the type that travels for business on weekly or monthly bases,what if it's a loan for a project, what if he has had a bad experience while on a flight and what if everyone that has 4.2m decides to take flight to Lagos? Sometimes I wonder why people think 4.2m is such a huge cash.
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by dazzle37(f): 11:18am On Mar 29, 2012
Is it that some people start from the middle of a sentence to read ? you all saying the bus does not travel from calabar to lagos, Did you not see at the beginning of the post THAT IT WAS A MIX-UP IN THE TITTLE ? THE BUS WAS FROM ABUJA TO LAGOS.
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by Akpaamu: 11:19am On Mar 29, 2012
lestat: one's safety in Nigeria lies in the Lord's hands, whether u travel by air or land, night or day, this country of ours is a joke.. no one is accountable, in developed countries the police, and the management of the bus company would be held accountable.. i have never experienced a robbery of any sort and i am in my mid thirties, Lord knows i am grateful for that but this country offers no security for its citizens, its really disheartening that we are clearly heading no where, the signs are one the wall, Nigeria is spiraling out of control. eventually some north Afrikaans terrorist group will cease power in Nigeria the way it is in Lebanon, and these so called pastors and Christians would all too soon convert to isalm to save their necks, then Nigeria would be a forgotten land like Niger, because no body in the world right now takes Nigeria seriously any more havntu noticed that issues that happen in Nigeria are no more reported by reputable news networks, except the likes of Sahara... i guess eventually we would be singing a requiem for Nigeria
Safety is of the Lord, but wisdom is the principal thing....Pls with Gods Guidance...work out ur safety programs, thats why he has given us BRAINS, Tell ur friends in an event of missing complain, they should monitor your account, its done in civilized countries, these crooks are easy to catch, nothing new. less reliance on Govt, we start doing it or helping ourselves, only then will this great country be a great NATION...I BELIEVE IN NIGERIA irrespective of what people say, we are not an accident, nothing just happens...everything has its divine order.
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by Aringarosa(m): 11:31am On Mar 29, 2012
dazzle37: Is it that some people start from the middle of a sentence to read ? you all saying the bus does not travel from calabar to lagos, Did you not see at the beginning of the post THAT IT WAS A MIX-UP IN THE TITTLE ? THE BUS WAS FROM ABUJA TO LAGOS.

The OP must have Modified his post after the comment were made.
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by emmysam2: 11:34am On Mar 29, 2012
I normally wouldnt want to criticize people's story, but there loads of "holes" in the story worth picking out.
1. Ekene dili chuckwu dont ply calabar route.
2. The said "good Samaritan" must be extremely good. not only did he carried 5 unconscious bodies to the hospital, he was very eager to cough out 250k for them to be treated. undecided
3. Why would the robbers/ kidnappers be willing to take the risk of driving their victims all the way to a distance of abt 2hrs to calabar to dump them? Why bother when they can dump them anywhere away from their route? (i guess the robbers must be some nice guys).
4. If the poster's friend had just N6000 on him (as the poster said,) how come he was datained that long when it doesnt take much either to obtain 6k physical cash from him or from his ATM?

Loads of holes in the story.
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by totorimi: 11:41am On Mar 29, 2012
Please lets not trivialize the message of this post. Analyzing the post one can easily see the truth in it. I think our government need to reconsider that ban on police road blocks. Agreed the police might not have prevented this crime but sometimes their presence helps. Now the expressway is as free as a highway to hell. The candid advise is that passengers should for now avoid night travels as much as possible stay away from day travels as well if need be.
The times we are living in now is evil, people have no regard for God and human life is no longer sacred. These are signs of end time, everybody must be weary.
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by Bokoharam: 11:41am On Mar 29, 2012
werepeLeri: OP - tell me why someone will carry such huge amount of cash on him or herself on a journey? Whats the rationale?

I guess you didn't read the story.
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by lond07: 11:42am On Mar 29, 2012
SamAfoo: You were coming from Calabar to Lagos, how come you were robbed at Ibilo? Ibilo is about 20km to Okene in Kogi State.I dont think there is any truth in this story.

This Ibilo must be very notorious.

I was once robbed at Ibilo on my way to Abuja at a BROAD DAY LIGHT. the time was about 2pm.

At gun point I was dispossed of my 3 month old MBenz and several valuables in the car. I was hit on the head with a gun butt. The injury took several years to heal. I got to my to my destination with blood soaked cloth and bathroom slippers. It was a terrible experience. But I am really grateful to God today for his mercies and blessings. He has made up in multiples

That is even the danger on the road in daylight talkless of the night.

Ever since then I would rather fly or cancel the trip rather than go by road anyday/anytime
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by dazzle37(f): 11:46am On Mar 29, 2012
Aringarosa:

The OP must have Modified his post after the comment were made.

No, it was there from the onset, i saw it but did not want to be the first to comment on the post.

[quote author=emmysam2][b]I normally wouldnt want to criticize people's story, but there loads of "holes" in the story worth picking out.
1. Ekene dili chuckwu dont ply calabar route.
2. The said "good Samaritan" must be extremely good. not only did he carried 5 unconscious bodies to the hospital, he was very eager to cough out 250k for them to be treated. undecided
3. Why would the robbers/ kidnappers be willing to take the risk of driving their victims all the way to a distance of abt 2hrs to calabar to dump them? Why bother when they can dump them anywhere away from their route? (i guess the robbers must be some nice guys).
4. If the poster's friend had just N6000 on him (as the poster said,) how come he was datained that long when it doesnt take much either to obtain 6k physical cash from him or from his ATM?

Read carefully,his friend was detained so that the remaining 80k from his account will be gotten, not the 6k he had on him, and it took them that long to know what happened becos of whatever chemical or gas the robbers must have administered on them. taking them towards calabar maybe was just a way of people not being able to trace the ( robbers ) or know the origin.
for the good samaritan, i would not comment much but you should know that not because you can't do something, does not mean some other person can't do it also.

i have been in the hands of crazy ritualist too, but thank God, help came before any harm was done, so i would not want to argue this post.
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by vitality22(m): 11:47am On Mar 29, 2012
free2ryhme:

read the comment well before you rush to post your yeye words. Where did he say a man had N4.2m cash? How did you pass exams anyway?
I just wonder!
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by emsquare(m): 11:47am On Mar 29, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Armed robbers have now upgrade to e-Robbery.nawao

Imagine!
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by Blackteeth(m): 12:17pm On Mar 29, 2012
Is the poster saying the robbers had an atm machine with them connected to the network? How possible is that considering the protocols and security to pass before linking up the atm machine to the network?
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by Ehinafe: 12:19pm On Mar 29, 2012
That's where u guys got it wrong. If you book your flight online when you are sure of travel days, u dont need 100k for flight, but less than 30k return trip
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by igosee: 12:23pm On Mar 29, 2012
Anything can be possible in Naija, a remember an incident that happened to good friend of mine in 1992,we just them finished our waec exam then and he decided to travelled to Lagos by night bus and he was kinapped by Ritualists on his way to Lagos and they drove them and were kept in a house in Calabar. The head of Ritualist told him that he is useless and cannot fit in for their purpose of kinapping him while others were sacrified and they dropped him on the road and was discovered by a good Samaritan
After a week the man helped returned my friend to his village and pastors were called to pray for him, because he lost his proper senses but he died
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by muyoto: 12:23pm On Mar 29, 2012
Such things may indeed happen, but this particular one, I have to say, is riddled with so many inconsistencies that renders its possibility virtually nil.

1 Like

Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by Yorisb: 12:25pm On Mar 29, 2012
muyoto: Such things may indeed happen, but this particular one, I have to say, is riddled with so many inconsistencies that renders its possibility virtually nil.

+1
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by harakiri(m): 12:37pm On Mar 29, 2012
There was a time in my life when i used to feel sorry for thieves and robbers when they were being lynched or roasted like pigs. Sad stories like these have hardened my heart towards them. This reminds me of the bus robbery where passengers were ran over and killed. These people ought to be staked through the heart with searing hot steel.
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by ochukoccna: 12:44pm On Mar 29, 2012
If this story is true, its very scary seeing it reinforces the fact that Nigeria is very unsafe
BH up north, Armed robbers on the roads, Kidnappers in Warri, bank robbers in Ogun, no solution in sight.

As at 4 years back, I boarded a Chisco night bus and recalled we were filmed [in case anyone tried to do a stick up whilst in transit] and there were armed guards. is it that armed guards are no longer on this journeys? also I know at the point of ticket purchase your details and the next of your kin are taken. is it that family members and the police have not been contacted along with telecomm companies to narrow down the base station/stations delivering the texts messages?
In case this story is true, I pray no one is killed knowing the insurance paid out [written on your ticket] by chisco as at 4 years ago was a miserly 50k. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by munigas(m): 12:48pm On Mar 29, 2012
[quote author=emmysam2]

You are correct. I noticed that too. Ekene dili chuckwu dont ply that route, if they do... maybe they started recently. (But i doubt)[/quote,u de mad dnt u see d poster has correct him self that it was Abuja-Lagos?
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by ifyalways(f): 12:50pm On Mar 29, 2012
Story might be true,moreover OP edited the locations to Abuja-Lagos.

My query now is,almost all ATM have a CCTV,are you guys saying its totally impossible for our banks,victims,securities to fish out the culprits

This ought to be an easy lick na.
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by domack99(m): 12:56pm On Mar 29, 2012
Going through all the replies so far i could see that some people don't believe what i have posted, i agreed there was an initial error of calabar to lagos instead of Abuja to Lagos but sincerly this is not a forged story, this trully happen.
I don't used to believe any story myself because nowadays nairaland is full of fake stories that people imagine, i must agree and assuming someone else has put off this incident for public view i might not have believe it myself but this really happen to someone i reall really know.
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by andyanders: 1:02pm On Mar 29, 2012
They got what they wanted. They wanted death and they have seen it. Good for them.It has been said several times for people to avoid night buses and they still prefer using night buses after seeing many people who have been killed as a result of night travel.

Personally, I don't pity any of them at all. If I even see their corps, I will smile at them.They are complete fools.

Why must any sane person travel in the night if that person is not a criminal? So, they are all food for armed robbers. Let them continue.

I still believe that most of these night bus drivers plan for these robberies. How can they be seeing death and still put their heads if they are not part of the plan?

So any person who embark on any form of night travel in Nigeria after seeing what has been happening, is a criminal too. So DO NOT PITY ANY OF THEM. Kill yourself if you must and that is what they got.
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by Seun(m): 1:07pm On Mar 29, 2012
If all the people patronizing night buses stop patronizing them, do you think robbers will give up and go into legitimate business? Of course not. They will just start attacking day buses more frequently than before to make up the difference. Day bus passengers should be thankful to night bus passengers for risking their lives on their behalf. When you avoid crime, it doesn't disappear. It goes to attack someone else. The only way to kill crime is to confront it and overcome it. Risk takers actually make everyone else safer.

4 Likes

Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by ACM10: 1:09pm On Mar 29, 2012
yuzedo: First of all, naming Ekene Dili Chukwu in this post is ethically wrong as it can lead to decreased patronage (De-marketing).
Secondly, it has been observed that ekene doesn't ply Calabar - Lagos (i will have to verify that one though)
Lastly, it is easy to punch holes in this story i'm sorry to say. Are you saying the missing people weren't reported missing to the police? And the police is so inept that they can't/didn't track all incoming/outgoing logs on their phones to notice that text messages (debit alerts) are delivering everyday to the mobile? And hasn't your friend reported to the police and have them determine the ATM location(s) where the withdrawals were made so that CCTV records can expose the criminals?? Well, na Naija we dey, and na Naija police. . But still, na pinch of salt i go use hol' dis gist. . undecided

The OP will perform better if he is NTA's presenter of Tales by the Moonlight. I perused through the post before it made to the frontpage. I wanted to take on him for maligning the brand name(Ekene Dili Chukwu). But I kicked against the idea, knowing that it will attract the much needed attention to his latest work of fiction that he desperately crave. I can basically pick hole in every sentence in this post. This gist is simply incredible!
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by hrhobi1(m): 1:09pm On Mar 29, 2012
No more road blocks ,police are not smiling,only police men wud have such guts to hold people for days like that. Na police run d show . Simple fact
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by stepo707: 1:21pm On Mar 29, 2012
andyanders: They got what they wanted. They wanted death and they have seen it. Good for them.It has been said several times for people to avoid night buses and they still prefer using night buses after seeing many people who have been killed as a result of night travel.

Personally, I don't pity any of them at all. If I even see their corps, I will smile at them.They are complete fools.

Why must any sane person travel in the night if that person is not a criminal? So, they are all food for armed robbers. Let them continue.

I still believe that most of these night bus drivers plan for these robberies. How can they be seeing death and still put their heads if they are not part of the plan?

So any person who embark on any form of night travel in Nigeria after seeing what has been happening, is a criminal too. S[b]o DO NOT PITY ANY OF THEM. Kill yourself if you must and that is what they got[/b].

Haba why you dey talk like this now? Who would want death or pray to meet an untimely one. angry
Dont you realise the drivers are on shift,some work day while others night and it is often rotated and as such,they have no choice.I remember when i had to serve in the north by then i knew the journey would take Between 16-19hrs and so chose the Night bus so i could arrive north in the morning. So it depends on the situation that would determine one to travel at night.

Well as for me i would say the security of this nation is in jeopardy.No where is safe anymore,be it at north,west and east.Its just so crazy.The Security budget for this year was the highest and yet nothing to show for it.Just too bad.
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by harakiri(m): 1:34pm On Mar 29, 2012
andyanders: They got what they wanted. They wanted death and they have seen it. Good for them.It has been said several times for people to avoid night buses and they still prefer using night buses after seeing many people who have been killed as a result of night travel.

So any person who embark on any form of night travel in Nigeria after seeing what has been happening, is a criminal too. So DO NOT PITY ANY OF THEM. Kill yourself if you must and that is what they got.

I have read so many dumb posts on nairaland and this makes it to the top ten.I'm not really bothered about your seemingly uncaring mien towards human life rather i am irked by the reetarded logic you apply towards the victims. Does it dawn you that there are people who come from far places and have limited time and finance to meet their appointments? Someone who has morning business the next day in another state would prefer to travel at night and it's not everyone that can afford to hole up in a hotel counting hours. Not everyone can afford plane tickets. Did you even consider these options before advertising your callous nature towards human life?

Robbers attack at anytime (even broad daylight). Perhaps when you are attacked in a bank and shot up with 28 AK-47 bullets in your abdomen, you'll have more value for human life. I am trying very hard not to use harsh words on you.

End of!

1 Like

Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by domack99(m): 1:48pm On Mar 29, 2012
ACM10:

The OP will perform better if he is NTA's presenter of Tales by the Moonlight. I perused through the post before it made to the frontpage. I wanted to take on him for maligning the brand name(Ekene Dili Chukwu). But I kicked against the idea, knowing that it will attract the much needed attention to his latest work of fiction that he desperately crave. I can basically pick hole in every sentence in this post. This gist is simply incredible!

This post is not meant to malign Ekene Dili Chukwu it actually happen to passengers travelling in one of their luxirious bus.
Disclosing Ekene Dili Chukwu name is wrong or not is what i can't say but how do you validate the story if necessary information are not given.

1 Like

Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society by emcemayo: 2:03pm On Mar 29, 2012
Allah is the guide night/day. May God continue to protect us and our loved onces

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Week 31) / Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling / NIWA Arrests Boat Owner Carrying 12 Pupils With No Life Jacket On Lagos Lagoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.