Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Who Really Was Melchizedek? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Really Was Melchizedek? (1032 Views)

N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? / Who Really Was Jesus Of Nazareth? / The Order Of Melchizedek (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Really Was Melchizedek? by bingbagbo(m): 11:20am On Mar 30, 2012
the bible describes him as fatherless, motherless and all that and compares him at times with Jesus christ.
Tithes are directed to him. who really was this wonderful man??
Re: Who Really Was Melchizedek? by rastamouse: 11:26am On Mar 30, 2012
That is the beauty of the mystery of the Bible. As Paul rightly stated, we now see through the shade but when we pass to eternity, we will see the whole picture.

We eagerly await the return of our LORD!
Re: Who Really Was Melchizedek? by mkmyers45(m): 1:08pm On Mar 30, 2012
rastamouse: That is the beauty of the mystery of the Bible. As Paul rightly stated, we now see through the shade but when we pass to eternity, we will see the whole picture.

We eagerly await the return of our LORD!
You are a joke..you cant even explain sm1 mentioned in the bible.
Re: Who Really Was Melchizedek? by Goshen360(m): 2:26pm On Mar 30, 2012
I had wanted to do a thread like this. I guess God is working in all.

Melchizedek is a type and shadow of Christ. He is not Christ but he Pre-figured Christ. Many people use Melchizedek to claim tithe as you have said but if something is a type and shadow and the real thing comes, does the shadow or type still come? My fear is that, this thread if continued, might lead to argument of tithe. The Priesthood of Melchizedek is not to claim tithe but to show the superiority of Christ fulfillment in the type and shadow that was in Melchizedek, because there is already a change of law in priesthood.

Both type and fulfillment of Melchizedek are king and priest. By their being no genealogical line with no record of birth or death he prefigures Christ as the priest who continues forever. In the Old Testament no King could be a priest, no priest could function as a King. Only Christ is able to fill the office of being a Priest, a Prophet and a King Heb.7:17, 20, 24. If Melchizedek was Christ we would have to deal with two incarnations, since all priests were taken from among men. If he was Jesus who became man then his birth through Mary would be a second incarnation. If he is a type of the one who was to come, then it would certainly fit the Biblical account and make more sense. This however remains an enigma with scholars debating on both sides but all agree together in its typology.

Can we dig deeper? If you care, hit the reply button.
Re: Who Really Was Melchizedek? by Goshen360(m): 3:41pm On Mar 30, 2012
In fact, the title of this thread should be: Should the Priesthood of Melchizedek be used to support tithing or a better Priesthood? Just a suggestion. That was what I had in mind. Am not imposing anyway, I'm just saying.lol
Re: Who Really Was Melchizedek? by bingbagbo(m): 7:28am On Mar 31, 2012
just tell us who the is and quit the cock and

bbull
Re: Who Really Was Melchizedek? by Goshen360(m): 3:46pm On Mar 31, 2012
Does that mean you are not reading at all? I already told you who Melchizedek is in my first post. Are you not satisfied? Then we dig deeper.
Re: Who Really Was Melchizedek? by bingbagbo(m): 10:26pm On Apr 18, 2012
Goshen360: In fact, the title of this thread should be: Should the Priesthood of Melchizedek be used to support tithing or a better Priesthood? Just a suggestion. That was what I had in mind. Am not imposing anyway, I'm just saying.lol

angry
Goshen360: In fact, the title of this thread should be: Should the Priesthood of Melchizedek be used to support tithing or a better Priesthood? Just a suggestion. That was what I had in mind. Am not imposing anyway, I'm just saying.lol
Re: Who Really Was Melchizedek? by Goshen360(m): 10:36pm On Apr 18, 2012
BROS, wetin i do you naw?

I don answer your kweshion. if your findings is different from what i said, then let it out and let others learn,okay,lol
Re: Who Really Was Melchizedek? by bingbagbo(m): 10:44pm On Apr 18, 2012
i lost mmy temper cas u wanna re-title my tread!

? i 4give u though.
Re: Who Really Was Melchizedek? by Goshen360(m): 11:40pm On Apr 18, 2012
Goshen360: In fact, the title of this thread should be: Should the Priesthood of Melchizedek be used to support tithing or a better Priesthood? Just a suggestion. That was what I had in mind. [size=15pt]Am not imposing anyway, I'm just saying.lol[/size]

Maybe you didn't see the highlighted well though but thank you that am forgiven.

bin gbagbo: i lost mmy temper cas u wanna re-title my tread!

? i 4give u though.

Thank you and God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

What God Thinks About Things That Men Hold To High Esteem / And They Say Its Not A Religion / Things That Science Cannot Prove

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.