Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,189 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

JAMB Result Site Is DOWN Cannot Handle Concurrent Users Of 1.5m Candidates ? - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / JAMB Result Site Is DOWN Cannot Handle Concurrent Users Of 1.5m Candidates ? (8952 Views)

The Site Is For Sale (macketcircle.com.ng ) Is Available For Sale / How To Know The Wordpress Theme A Site Is Using / Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Result Site Is DOWN Cannot Handle Concurrent Users Of 1.5m Candidates ? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 01, 2012
1.5 million users is small traffic if they have server admins with just little experience.

when they couldn't access the backend server, they had to resort to deleting the index page. leading to 404 error.
i guess they finally got a good hand.
Re: JAMB Result Site Is DOWN Cannot Handle Concurrent Users Of 1.5m Candidates ? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 02, 2012
Check ur jamb result using ucweb browser. Not operamini
Re: JAMB Result Site Is DOWN Cannot Handle Concurrent Users Of 1.5m Candidates ? by yawatide(f): 6:37am On Apr 03, 2012
Quick temporary fix:
When people buy the "reshash kad" or whatever they call it for the purpose of checking their results, perhaps that card could be assigned a certain time slot when results with that card can be checked. Thus the cards could be printed such that it evenly divides the number of cards by say, 80% of the maximum number of concurrent users the site can handle.

Makes sense to me. . .
Re: JAMB Result Site Is DOWN Cannot Handle Concurrent Users Of 1.5m Candidates ? by Jerrywap(m): 12:00pm On Apr 03, 2012
THERE WAS THIS SITE I DISCOVERED THAT GAVE ME THE SOLUTIONS TO ALL MY COMPUTER HEADACHE.. ABOUT 516 COMPUTER SECRETS, TIPS AND SOLUTIONS TO HARD WARE http://computerseed..com no registeration is needed
Re: JAMB Result Site Is DOWN Cannot Handle Concurrent Users Of 1.5m Candidates ? by brightk(m): 4:59pm On Jan 09, 2013
all this site sef wen nor even get burglary 4 protection go still de frustrate person. imagine just 1.5 million nor fit access site. d money when jamb de collect from 1.5 million piple reach take buy more than 1 dedicated server with unlimited bandwidth 2 host all their site..

come 2 tink of it.. those developers don buy vps and chokin d remaining money after all dem b d administrator. dem go say i wicked if i begin revenge for the pains wen dem de cos piple with ddos attack.... even uniben sef won pay sku fees online yet i go waka go bank becos of stupid errors n downtimes.. dat one nor be online again na...Nigerians nor go start someting small small.. dem just won implement everytin once. wetin make oyibo get beta version of their tins even OS self get beta versions 2 watch d performance..

anyway i see security/penetration testing become the order of the day.. soon guys go begin run leave cms/web design/development/ and other aspect IT as e go pay well well for naija. make una shine una eye.. me i won start my course this yr.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? / Advice On Setting Up New Blog / FG Finally Launches Online Portal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.