Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder (11777 Views)

Yoruba Is The Most Popular African Language - Jimmy Wales / Jimmy Wales Wiki co-founder : 'Broadband Speed In Nigeria,Beats NY City' / Nairaland Is Now On Wikipedia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
@Post

Duh!

I've met too many non-Yorubas who speak Yoruba.

I can't even insult ppl with Yoruba again. I've been caught too many times. sHOIT IS ANNOYING, i WANT MY PRIVACY BACK!!! angry angry

haha, that is so true. Sometime in January this year, I was on a queue at a cloth store with a friend of mine, there was this fat British gal on the same queue that we were having a joke about in Yoruba. Ring ring, girl picks up phone and started speaking fluent Yoruba with an accent. I felt so embarrassed as the girl would have heard our joke.
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 01, 2012
[quote author=Theblessed][size=16pt]

Who is this one? And where are you getting your information from? Wikepedie, eh?

[b]Next time, research well before coming here to bias minds:
[color=#990000]

Let just forget about migration of people out of their own zones and focus within Africa alone, as this post suggests.

Even within Africa there were several cases of migrations and emigrations -[/color]

If Yoruba language is the most popular African Language, I wonder what Swahili language is doing on African soil.

[color=#990000]Swahilli is large in its own right but since Jimmy Wales who is probably an 'authority' in Encyclopedia made that statement then to an extent he must have been right because one would expect he must have done his research properly and consulted other sources before purporting his view which could seriously strip/dent him/his wikipedia of credibility if wrong.

Swahili is widely spoken by almost everyone in East Africa and Southern and a little towards Central Africa - ok??

Yoruba is spoken in western Nigeria, Benin Republic (Dahomey), Togo and Ghana* yes? And in breaking down the regional blocs one would find Swahili is spoken in East Africa majorly - and Mozambique? And Congo?

If Yoruba language is most popular, has anyway considered perhaps, it could be because of migration - people emigrated in the past and are still emigrating to other parts of the world, far more than other African tribes, eh?

Yoruba language became popular in West Africa - thanks to Oyo Empire's conquests and you mentioned emigration - didn't you knock migration/emigration out in your first paragraph?

Also, slavery may have contributed to the number hence, your Wikipedie statistics!

Remember you limited your geographical setting to Africa alone![/color]

Further, unlike West Africans, East and Southern Africans are not usually known for their migrating prowess/habits - they are usually, HOME BUDDIES! It hasn't been that long when many of them started coming out - mostly, late 70's, 80's and early 1990's till date. So, you can see, they are not averse in travelling thus, their language remained contained mainly, within their own area/environment.

[color=#990000]East/Southern Africans are not known for migrating habits/prowess? What happened to the KhoiKhoi people who were nomads? What happened to the Great Trek? To mention a few?

Now, lets talk more about the Daddy of all travellers with wheels on its feet - NIGERIANS my own people. When it comes to what I consider wanderers and their normadic lifestyle - we Nigerians are CHAMPIONS OF AFRICAN in that departmet. In fact, we are the Indian of African.

Ok...

Indians are everywhere in the Globe check it - even in the North Pole and I'm sure a Nigerian would be there too -check it out!!!So, next time, get your facts right when you go looking for sources such as Wikipedie to authenticate your story and make it look credible.

There are different types of Idians madam.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by usbcable(m): 7:09pm On Apr 01, 2012
Gbawe:

People can say what they want. Facts are facts. It is on NL folks fail to accept that. It is funny when so many nairalanders talk sentimentally these days to assuage their feelings of inferiority complex. They are always quick to disenfranchise the Yorubas ludicrously and without recourse to facts.The most ridiculous thing I have read on NL was Papabrowne's announcement that "Bendelites" are the brightest folks who run Nigeria !!! Rather like saying the Norwegians run the world !!!!! Self-delusion does no one any good. It is like how people relate to Americans. You may despise them but it would be pointless and self-delusional to deny their real world influence and greatness.

http://www.soas.ac.uk/africa/languages/languages-of-africa-at-soas-yorb.html

https://www.nairaland.com/849594/why-do-we-rate-ibo

Papabrowne wrote:

https://www.nairaland.com/849594/why-do-we-rate-ibo/1

Gbawe replied:

the MD of stanbic ibtc is Shola David-Borha.

she is yoruba.
just want to correct the error.
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by walex2(m): 7:10pm On Apr 01, 2012
Am not part of ethnic discussion that does add value to one's life, but I think there is no arguement about what the man said about yoruba being the vast accepting language in the globe. Analyst believe that in the next century about 200 languages including ibo would disappear and go to extinction, concerning those who argued about who control the Nigerian economy I think they should take their clue from educational advancement in which I believe the yorubas take the lead. Odaro omo elewa ede, omo sajire, a nlo niwaju awon ara toku n towaleyin, yoruba loba won lojokojo.
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by newacca: 7:35pm On Apr 01, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]
OODUA REPUBLIC.
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by aljharem(m): 7:36pm On Apr 01, 2012
oly g: OH I AM VERY PROUD TO BE A YORUBA CITIZEN.YORUBA THE MOST CIVILIZED AND EDUCATED TRIBE IN NIGERIA AND AMONG THE BEST IN THE WORLD.

Well I want to suspect that una they make mouth as usual grin grin grin grin abi na ?
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by Jenpoet(f): 7:45pm On Apr 01, 2012
Cool. I like the language :-) Ever heard a yoruba man speaking hausa? music to the ears!
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 01, 2012
alj harem:

You see my friend, all I see you just as many Igbos on this thread exhibiting envy.

Now I am a yoruba man and I have learnt almost all the Nigerian languages and their individual dialects to even a group as small of just 10,000 people.

I have also travelled to various parts of the country. Now I am telling this to show you that I am not ignorant at all.

I ask, why should you question people from learning your langauge. It is daf.t really !!!

If You traval to france, do you not learn french ?

If you travel to England, do you not learn English ? What makes Yoruba or hausa or Igbo any different ?

I travelled to Anambra once, and I learn Igbo

I travelled to port harcourt and learn Ijaw etc so why is your own any different. Also I am sure NO YORUBA MAN WOULD FORCE YOU TO LEARN HIS LANGAUGE, it is completely you choice. Just as you cannot force a horse to drink water, I am sure you were never forced !!!!!!

You went to Ogun and you are proud to be saying English is the offical langauge like a mor.on. Have you learn the langauge in your enivornment first ? If you get lost, would english langauge or the langauge in your enivornment save your life ?

Your case just as so many Igbos on this thread is PURE INFERIORITY COMPLEX and envy.

bro.. Am sorry to say, but u just proved me right.
read through my post again, did u see the part where I said that, "I have no problem with the language" if u missed that then u have serious sight issues.
you want to exchange words, but my friend u are the daf.t one here, cos u lack the skill of analytical thinking.
You should see that my post is really directed at the attitude u yorubas display rather than the culture itself, I have not rubbished the language, rather the mentality.
to reveal ür ignorance, you have assumed like ür fellow brothers that I am an igbo guy...am glad they igbos have responded to u on that already.
I am from the south, my villa shares a common boundry with ondo state, my parents speak yoruba fluently. Where I come from it is a norm to have a yoruba name, even if I have long dumped mine cos of reasons best known to me. which has nothing to do with the language.
So Bros ür analysis about me was dead wrong.
I met a lady and while we were talking, she erroneously switched to yoruba, cos she taught I was one. I just stared at her untill she realised her mistake. Why would u assume, it is because u expect... Which is a wrong attitude in itself.
It is true that English is a borrowed language, but its still the acceptable standard of communication across different ethnicity. And for the last time, its not the language that has a problem, but the school of thought that u people carry arround.
england is a country, with English as their official language.
France is also a country with french as their official language.
So my guy ür comparisons don't match.
Yorubas are an ethnic group and they are part of a wider society called Nigeria who happens to have English as their official language.
I don't have a problem with yoruba being one of the most widely spoken languages in Africa. What I have a problem is with self deluded people who equate popularity with being the best. That's just daaaft.
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by Ufeolorun(m): 7:47pm On Apr 01, 2012
The chest beaters here are just trying to tweak the knife further into some hateful squarepants on this platform,a thought that turns me smile in to laughter.

I personally do not want the different Yoruba dialects die cos of the expansion of mainstream Yoruba bouyed by the influence of Lagos on the other towns.
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by aljharem(m): 8:02pm On Apr 01, 2012
Kingsleyinfo:
bro.. Am sorry to say, but u just proved me right.
read through my post again, did u see the part where I said that, "I have no problem with the language" if u missed that then u have serious sight issues.
you want to exchange words, but my friend u are the daf.t one here, cos u lack the skill of analytical thinking.
You should see that my post is really directed at the attitude u yorubas display rather than the culture itself, I have not rubbished the language, rather the mentality.
to reveal ür ignorance, you have assumed like ür fellow brothers that I am an igbo guy...am glad they igbos have responded to u on that already.
I am from the south, my villa shares a common boundry with ondo state, my parents speak yoruba fluently. Where I come from it is a norm to have a yoruba name, even if I have long dumped mine cos of reasons best known to me. which has nothing to do with the language.
So Bros ür analysis about me was dead wrong.
I met a lady and while we were talking, she erroneously switched to yoruba, cos she taught I was one. I just stared at her untill she realised her mistake. Why would u assume, it is because u expect... Which is a wrong attitude in itself.
It is true that English is a borrowed language, but its still the acceptable standard of communication across different ethnicity. And for the last time, its not the language that has a problem, but the school of thought that u people carry arround.
england is a country, with English as their official language.
France is also a country with french as their official language.
So my guy ür comparisons don't match.
Yorubas are an ethnic group and they are part of a wider society called Nigeria who happens to have English as their official language.
I don't have a problem with yoruba being one of the most widely spoken languages in Africa. What I have a problem is with self deluded people who equate popularity with being the best. That's just daaaft.

LOL france is just a country, what an ideeiot

Dutch nko ? is Dutch just spoken in Germany ? Dutch is spoken Germany and Netherland and when you go to Germany or Netherland, do you not learn their langauge

Would you be stu.pid enough to Isolate yourself to keep speaking your mother tougue and English ? Would you not try to mix with the locals ? Why are some Nigerians this daf.t and yes they come mainly from the south.

Yoruba is not an ethnic group. Are you ok at all

There are 2 Nations in Nigeria and I hope you get it into your head

Odua, Hausa/Fulani

Now an ethnic group is used to describe a group of people in a country, I am sure it does not spill over to other countries or does it ?

Would you call the whites in Austrialia an ethnic group ? Would you ?

Why are Welsh considered an ethnic group by Ireland people are not ? Use your head for once

1. What area close to Ondo are you talking about that you do not understand yoruba ? Or maybe you just chose to be stu,pid.

2. I bet you have not gone to other parts of Nigeria apart from the south

3. You sir are a dunce not being sentimental with your safety.

May I ask why even White people would chose to learn a language and you not ? Pure inferiority complex I must say

How can I go to whereever you came from and not learn the langauge ? Would that not make me daf.t ?
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by aljharem(m): 8:13pm On Apr 01, 2012
Maybe if a welsh man travels to London, he should be speaking Celtic language rather than English.

People can be unimaginably daf.t at times
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by aljharem(m): 8:18pm On Apr 01, 2012
I wonder what Scottish man would do when he goes to Manchester

Maybe he would be speaking scottish to them or english. Mumu people
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by femmy2010(m): 8:35pm On Apr 01, 2012
Yoruba on top.
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 01, 2012
If I had known u were this stoopid, I wouldn't have bothered trying to knock some sense into u.
Obviously ure an ethnic bigot and you have passed the stage of redemption.
If France is not a country, I wonder what it is then.
if u are half as smart as ure trying to prove u would hear me using the term 'official language'
If I need to go to a foreign country I damn well would go to an English speaking one.
keep living in your fantasy of odua nation or whatever u choose to call it.
And if I can't speak yoruba how does that become your problem, abi u wan take panadol for ür fada headache.
Guy make u shift make I see people who know how to reason and make sensible points. You have proven me right and that's enough for me...hahahahaha
I nor wan learn yoruba if e too pain u make u go mop bar beech... Or better still go boil stone. Its my choice and ür opinion don't mean shyte.
I have been to the east, I have lived in the south, I would have preferred the north had it been boko guys had not made it a living hell. So shove ür foo.lisheness down ür throat. Am so loving my experience down here, and I didn't even need to learn the language.

And like I said there is nothing wrong with yoruba language, but there is certainly something awfully wrong with people like u and ür myopic and biased view on society.
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by aljharem(m): 9:17pm On Apr 01, 2012
Kingsleyinfo: If I had known u were this stoopid, I wouldn't have bothered trying to knock some sense into u.
if u are half as smart as ure trying to prove u would hear me using the term 'official language'
If I need to go to a foreign country I damn well would go to an English speaking one.
And if I can't speak yoruba how does that become your problem, abi u wan take panadol for ür fada headache.
Guy make u shift make I see people who know how to reason and make sensible points. You have proven me right and that's enough for me...hahahahaha
I nor wan learn yoruba if e too pain u make u go mop bar beech... Or better still go boil stone. Its my choice and ür opinion don't mean shyte.
I have been to the east, I have lived in the south, I would have preferred the north had it been boko guys had not made it a living hell. So shove ür foo.lisheness down ür throat. Am so loving my experience down here, and I didn't even need to learn the language.

And like I said there is nothing wrong with yoruba language, but there is certainly something awfully wrong with people like u and ür myopic and biased view on society.

dude did you read your initial post and read the crap you are posting. Let me show you what I wrote

Alj harem quote

Also I am sure NO YORUBA MAN WOULD FORCE YOU TO LEARN HIS LANGAUGE, it is completely you choice. Just as you cannot force a horse to drink water, I am sure you were never forced !!!!!!

Again NO ONE IS FORCE YOU AND EVEN YOUR MOTHER TO LEARN ANYTHING, What I am talking about here is the stu.pidity you displayed by saying they want you to learn yoruba, they should speak english etc That is daf.t

You as an adult are being forced to learn a language ? What does that make you ?

Again I am sure your friend NEVER said you should learn yoruba or did he ?

You brought another scenario by saying you met a lady who was speaking english but all of a sudden changed to yoruba, well Yes that was rude but AGAIN I am sure when you told her you do not understand her language she MUST have changed back to english or did she not ?

You should be ashamed of yourself, an adult like yourself talking about someone trying to force you to learn something. Even worse bring it on Nairaland to disgrace yourself.

Again it is NOT compulsory to learn any language. No one force me to learn Igbo etc. I decided myself so the stu.pidity you are displaying is again Pure Inferiority complex.

Now Inferiority complex hurts the Ego so much a person who feels inferior always comes up with powerful defense mechanisms that helps him hide his feelings of inferiority from others and even from himself!!!

Most of these defense mechanisms are launched by the subconscious mind and so the person never becomes aware of that fact that he is using these mechanisms to hide something.
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by metaldude(m): 9:33pm On Apr 01, 2012
Kingsleyinfo: If I had known u were this stoopid, I wouldn't have bothered trying to knock some sense into u.

SMH4U!I seriously hope you will not run into trouble one of these days with your inability to communicate in the language of where u domicile!
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by Ufeolorun(m): 9:36pm On Apr 01, 2012
Never been to Calabar but I did learn small Efik while growing up:Mesera,Kumiayem,Afokumi ayem!,Kubodicon lol!that's top Efik there for you.
Its normal for people to want others to learn their language and it shouldn't be a source of crude disenchantment to open-minded people.
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by aljharem(m): 9:40pm On Apr 01, 2012
metaldude: SMH4U!I seriously hope you will not run into trouble one of these days with your inability to communicate in the language of where u domicile!

thank you !!!

The man does not know how funny and ridiculous he sounds.

It is only in Nigeria where you would see someone from the another place trying to tell the people in the area he is living the language they should communicate with.

How could you travel from Warri to Ogun and expect the people to always communicate with you in english ? Very unreasonable saying, even worse he is trying to say they are forcing him, LOL grin grin grin

No matter the environment you find yourself, Never ever separate yourself from the crowd because a day they need a scapegoat, you would be the person.

Maybe it is just me, but I find it a privilege to learn other people's language. The kingley dude is just displaying some complex only him know about.
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by aljharem(m): 9:42pm On Apr 01, 2012
Ufeolorun: Never been to Calabar but I did learn small Efik while growing up:Mesera,Kumiayem,Afokumi ayem!,Kubodicon lol!that's top Efik there for you.
Its normal for people to want others to learn their language and it shouldn't be a source of crude disenchantment to open-minded people.

Abi !!!!

I completed my Igbo course on Nairaland, thanks to Andre Uweh and co that guided me.

My next step is to learn Ibibio and Jmaine is doing that well, How can I find that rude ? Nigerian mentality.
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by chromoTop: 9:59pm On Apr 01, 2012

thank you! ***clap***
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by aljharem(m): 10:01pm On Apr 01, 2012
^^^^
Another tribalistic ideeiot on the loose
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by metaldude(m): 10:01pm On Apr 01, 2012
alj harem:

thank you !!!

It is only in Nigeria where you would see someone from the another place trying to tell the people in the area he is living the language they should communicate with.

How could you travel from Warri to Ogun and expect the people to always communicate with you in english ? Very unreasonable saying, even worse he is trying to say they are forcing him, LOL grin grin grin

No matter the environment you find yourself, Never ever separate yourself from the crowd because a day they need a scapegoat, you would be the person.

Maybe it is just me, but I find it a privilege to learn other people's language. The kingley dude is just displaying some complex only him know about.
Abeg,help me tell am o!Am a yoruba boy;born in Ekiti,grew up in Lagos,but presently schools in Uniport.Apparently,I v tried all my best since arriving at Port Harcourt over a year ago to get conversant with Ikwerre and Ijaw language in order to belong to the group.I do get discount from traders at choba market because of my determination to speak little ikwerre.I am even more popular than most Niger delta peeps where I reside and in my department,even though,I bear a yoruba name.My affinity for the local language is simply working for me!
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by aljharem(m): 10:09pm On Apr 01, 2012
metaldude: Abeg,help me tell am o!Am a yoruba boy;born in Ekiti,grew up in Lagos,but presently schools in Uniport.Apparently,I v tried all my best since arriving at Port Harcourt over a year ago to get conversant with Ikwerre and Ijaw language in order to belong to the group.I do get discount from traders at choba market because of my determination to speak little ikwerre.I am even more popular than most Niger delta peeps where I reside and in my department,even though,I bear a yoruba name.My affinity for the local language is simply working for me!

gbamm that is the way it is meant to be. keep up the good work

I remember my visit in Kano, all the traders their communicated in Hausawa language. Not even broken english or hausa english, it was all pure hausa from the petty trader to the pure water seller. I wonder how the likes of Kingley would survive in such an environment.

What did my friend do ? She blended in like a proper hausa girl. Infact you never have though she was ever yoruba. She learn the custom, language and all the necessary attitude of a woman living in Kano.

That to me, is a strong, wise and most important of all very untribalistic realistic woman. I remember a visit to warri. This man was speaking Urhobo and warri english to me, I actually though he was Urhobo only to find out he was from Nasarrawa. He blended in so well I could not single him out

All these people are NYSC members BTW. so when some mumu come here and start whinning how they were speaking to him in Yoruba all I do is SMH.

You left you town to go live in Ogun state for NYSC, what the hell did you expect, English language ? Certainly not.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by sayusuf(m): 10:12pm On Apr 01, 2012
aryzgreat: yes! yes!! they also have the biggest mouth in the world!! - wikipedia
laugh wan kill me abeg, hahahaha
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by chromoTop: 10:13pm On Apr 01, 2012
alj harem: ^^^^
Another tribalistic ideeiot on the loose
dude take it easy man! i just bolded his 'ABI' a youruba word.
does that make me an eediot? you Yoruba guys dont help yourself sometimes! undecided
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by aljharem(m): 10:16pm On Apr 01, 2012
chromoTop:
dude take it easy man! i just bolded his 'ABI' a youruba word.
does that make me an eediot? you Yoruba guys dont help yourself sometimes! undecided

I am sorry, I am just angry at the low level of thinking some Nigerians have.

Abi is a Nigerian word, it is now used by most cultures and languages in Nigeria.
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by aljharem(m): 10:17pm On Apr 01, 2012
BTW Kingsley you have failed to answer this question.

If a welish man goes to London, does he speak celtic or english
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 01, 2012
alj harem: BTW Kingsley you have failed to answer this question.

If a welish man goes to London, does he speak celtic or english

GBAGAUN! Welish keh? Na Welsh I know now!
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by aljharem(m): 10:41pm On Apr 01, 2012
9jacrip:

LOL grin grin grin smiley thanks for the correction
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by metaldude(m): 10:46pm On Apr 01, 2012
9jacrip:

Nigerians!Always spotting flaws in people's post.Guess you are the definition of perfection,right?
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 01, 2012
alj harem:

thank you !!!

come o u dis okoro..
can u pls highlight where I said someone forced or was forcing me? Pls get ür facts straight or better still, go grow a brain and use it to reason properly.
I dared him to try forcing me, is English so hard for you to understand.
Now last time I checked, Wales was part of the united kingdom, and the official language for the UK was and is still English. Does that answer ür question?
And I would say this for the last time, I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YORUBA LANGUAGE. But I definetely have a problem with, shallow brains like yours, that reason upside down.
And here is a question I asked that u have carefully avoided, if yoruba is widely spoken around Africa, does that make their language or culture the best? Am waiting because seriously if u had read my first post and my second sentence or thereabouts you would have noticed that my problem is with your thinking methodology.
I reserve the right to learn or not to learn a language, nobody for whatever reason can tell me otherwise.

I schooled in esan land, and I didn't ever here anybody openly tell me or ask why I was yet to understand esan, not even my friends who were esan. I went to the market and mixed up very well. Out here in ogun, if I communicate to u in English and u reply me in yoruba I simply walk away and go to the next store, I don't give a hoot what u think.
Imagine one teacher I met telling me that because I could not hear yoruba she wasn't gonna communicate in english with me, like I gave a rats arsse about what she wanted to say.
Bro I have got more self esteem than ür entire family can muster.... It is u who need to check ür domineering attitude and need for acceptance.
I like the kind life when I dey live now.
If I want to learn yoruba it will be out of love for the language, not because of what fish brains like you think.
see as he is taking the language matter very serious like say na shell employ am.
Guy abeg make u go kiss crase I nor get time to play kpankpangolo with u.
I am enjoying my time here... And get it I DIDN'T EVEN NEED TO LEARN THE LANGUAGE. So what's ür problem....
I have met some sound yoruba guys and gals but u are one of the very idiootic things that disgust me.
Go get a life jare and stop being a damn tribalistic bigot.
Re: Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder by Vergil: 11:37pm On Apr 01, 2012
Kingsleyinfo:
come o u dis okoro..
can u pls highlight where I said someone forced or was forcing me? Pls get ür facts straight or better still, go grow a brain and use it to reason properly.
I dared him to try forcing me, is English so hard for you to understand.
Now last time I checked, Wales was part of the united kingdom, and the official language for the UK was and is still English. Does that answer ür question?
And I would say this for the last time, I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YORUBA LANGUAGE. But I definetely have a problem with, shallow brains like yours, that reason upside down.
And here is a question I asked that u have carefully avoided, if yoruba is widely spoken around Africa, does that make their language or culture the best? Am waiting because seriously if u had read my first post and my second sentence or thereabouts you would have noticed that my problem is with your thinking methodology.
I reserve the right to learn or not to learn a language, nobody for whatever reason can tell me otherwise.

I schooled in esan land, and I didn't ever here anybody openly tell me or ask why I was yet to understand esan, not even my friends who were esan. I went to the market and mixed up very well. Out here in ogun, if I communicate to u in English and u reply me in yoruba I simply walk away and go to the next store, I don't give a hoot what u think.
Imagine one teacher I met telling me that because I could not hear yoruba she wasn't gonna communicate in english with me, like I gave a rats arsse about what she wanted to say.
Bro I have got more self esteem than ür entire family can muster.... It is u who need to check ür domineering attitude and need for acceptance.
I like the kind life when I dey live now.
If I want to learn yoruba it will be out of love for the language, not because of what fish brains like you think.
see as he is taking the language matter very serious like say na shell employ am.
Guy abeg make u go kiss crase I nor get time to play kpankpangolo with u.
I am enjoying my time here... And get it I DIDN'T EVEN NEED TO LEARN THE LANGUAGE. So what's ür problem....
I have met some sound yoruba guys and gals but u are one of the very idiootic things that disgust me.
Go get a life jare and stop being a damn tribalistic bigot.

Think the point alj_hareem is trying to pass across is...
Imagine this...the example he gave, that involved a girl he knew.

In the north, in a market. None of the sellers (local village sellers) speak english, which is believable. Since u've been to the north before, u'd know this happens.
As a nigerian and not a foreigner, would you walk away and rather shop in a super market like a foreigner or at least try to reason with them and learn something?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

30,000 Websites Project - City Development / September Offer : Receive Free Gift For Any PHP Script You Buy / Someone Is Trying To Hack My Blog, What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.