Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,059 members, 7,818,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

E-passport Renewal/extension - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / E-passport Renewal/extension (74773 Views)

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by chiboy1928(m): 8:27am On Dec 18, 2012
samally:

renewal is around 18k and is instance once you provide the necessary document required by the immigration officers
what are the document I will be ask and am also in lagos so were do I go for the passport here in lagos,moreova I am going with my old passport that have never been used but got expired in 2009 before the introduction of the e-passport
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by samally: 11:38am On Dec 18, 2012
chiboy1928: what are the document I will be ask and am also in lagos so were do I go for the passport here in lagos,moreova I am going with my old passport that have never been used but got expired in 2009 before the introduction of the e-passport

Old or not new, used or unused the phrase word here is "Renewing" So there first and make enquiries or google Nigeria immigration site for more info.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by odunmanuel: 12:26am On Dec 19, 2012
justwise:

Have you renewed it before? If no then you can renew it now.
Did u sugest extension being abt 2 expire,jst 5 mths left nd wil b nedful 4 visa puposes soon?How much wik cost m?Can i do dt in Lagos?Pls reply.Thank u
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by odunmanuel: 12:50am On Dec 19, 2012
samally:

Old or not new, used or unused the phrase word here is "Renewing" So there first and make enquiries or google Nigeria immigration site for more info.
Do u av d idea of d extension cost nd if i can gt it done in Lagos?Thank u
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by justwise(m): 8:40am On Dec 19, 2012
odunmanuel: Did u sugest extension being abt 2 expire,jst 5 mths left nd wil b nedful 4 visa puposes soon?How much wik cost m?Can i do dt in Lagos?Pls reply.Thank u

You need to extend it before applying visa, log on to Nigeria immigration website for the cost, you can extend it in Lagos.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by odunmanuel: 6:14pm On Dec 19, 2012
justwise:

You need to extend it before applying visa, log on to Nigeria immigration website for the cost, you can extend it in Lagos.
Thank u,i wil do dat as soon as possible
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 26, 2012
BIGER BOY: i just called a friend in the abuja immigration office now. yes you can only do a renewal from abuja, and the official cost is supposed to be 10,000 but if they know you, then you might get it at 15,000. But 50,000? thats outright extortion. goodluck

now can someone please reply me here
https://www.nairaland.com/909260/which-cheapest-flight-ghana-help

What u shld tell them is dt u want passport extension. I did mine feb this year and it didn't cost as much as 50k, its arnd 40k or 35k. Nt sure again. I did mine at Abuja. Heard its only abuja and Lagos dt do it in Naija. After d extension, they take ur passport and issue u another one, so u might want to reconsider if u already have travel history- visas and stamps on ur passport. It is nt sumtin dt can be done by proxy- u must be at immigration (abuja/lagos) for biometrics, so even if they collect 800K frm u at any other immigratn office apart frm d listed, they will send it to either abuja or Lag and will still tell u to go there for biometrics.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by jt2010: 3:52pm On Dec 31, 2012
mercylicious:

What u shld tell them is dt u want passport extension. I did mine feb this year and it didn't cost as much as 50k, its arnd 40k or 35k. Nt sure again. I did mine at Abuja. Heard its only abuja and Lagos dt do it in Naija. After d extension, they take ur passport and issue u another one, so u might want to reconsider if u already have travel history- visas and stamps on ur passport. It is nt sumtin dt can be done by proxy- u must be at immigration (abuja/lagos) for biometrics, so even if they collect 800K frm u at any other immigratn office apart frm d listed, they will send it to either abuja or Lag and will still tell u to go there for biometrics.

OP,

Abuja and Lagos is not the only place you can renew your passport, I did my in port this months and it cost only 17K, you will collect same day and it is only done on selected days "Wednesday and Friday".
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by Anthonymighty(m): 4:07am On Jan 03, 2013
Hey guys. I am confused right now after reading all this. In my own case, I was approved for visa on 27th of december 2012 which is some few days back. I'm suppost to pick up my visa at ikeja tomorrow. Before my interview at US embassy lagos, my passport was suppose to expire in June 2013. But now I already have a visa of 2 years on it, what do I do? Do I travel to the US with it because its an F1 visa and I am to resume in April which is just 2 months before the expiry of my passport. I don't know what to do if it is possible to extend it here with my visa on it or travel down in april and have it extended over there. Kindly advice please as this is really bothering me. Thanks
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by kpolli(m): 4:09am On Jan 03, 2013
Anthonymighty: Hey guys. I am confused right now after reading all this. In my own case, I was approved for visa on 27th of december 2012 which is some few days back. I'm suppost to pick up my visa at ikeja tomorrow. Before my interview at US embassy lagos, my passport was suppose to expire in June 2013. But now I already have a visa of 2 years on it, what do I do? Do I travel to the US with it because its an F1 visa and I am to resume in April which is just 2 months before the expiry of my passport. I don't know what to do if it is possible to extend it here with my visa on it or travel down in april and have it extended over there. Kindly advice please as this is really bothering me. Thanks

Travel to US, renew ur passport in US when it expires
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by Anthonymighty(m): 4:22am On Jan 03, 2013
Kpoli thanks man. So you dey this section too. I deferred my admission to April term jare. I can't make that January 7th date my school gave me and they have refused to give me a late resumption deadline. So you mean I should travel with it that way in April and when it expires in June I can then re-new or extend. Which of the 2 will I do when it expires and I heard its more stressful doing it there than here.

kpolli:

Travel to US, renew ur passport in US when it expires
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by kpolli(m): 4:27am On Jan 03, 2013
Anthonymighty: Kpoli thanks man. So you dey this section too. I deferred my admission to April term jare. I can't make that January 7th date my school gave me and they have refused to give me a late resumption deadline. So you mean I should travel with it that way in April and when it expires in June I can then re-new or extend. Which of the 2 will I do when it expires and I heard its more stressful doing it there than here.

They refused to give u a late resumption ke. . . Ur skool is funny, am not in this section. . . Just followed ur post. . . . It's harder renewing it here but it's advised u do it from here. . . . not too sure, but if u have any wahala at the airport, u can renew b4 u leave. . . took me 3 days to renew when I was in Naija
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by Anthonymighty(m): 4:40am On Jan 03, 2013
They gave me a late resumption but just 3 days extra from that 7th. I wanted a date on 14th at least due to some family reasons. Anyways back to the passport issue. Did you renew or extend. How do you mean if I have problem at the airport? Can I renew/extend now that I have less than 6 months validity on it and I hope it won't affect my visa in anyway?

kpolli:

They refused to give u a late resumption ke. . . Ur skool is funny, am not in this section. . . Just followed ur post. . . . It's harder renewing it here but it's advised u do it from here. . . . not too sure, but if u have any wahala at the airport, u can renew b4 u leave. . . took me 3 days to renew when I was in Naija
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by OBATIMO: 12:14am On Jan 04, 2013
I have a 5 years VISA too and my passport expires may 22nd 2013
Please, should I go for extention or renewal. Will my passport number remain the same? Cause my visa have my passport number.
Please kindly advice me cause I have departure date of 15th January.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by callygood: 3:45pm On Jan 04, 2013
Hey guys. I am confused right now after reading all this. In my own case, I was approved for visa on 27th of december 2012 which is some few days back. I'm suppost to pick up my visa at ikeja tomorrow. Before my interview at US embassy lagos, my passport was suppose to expire in June 2013. But now I already have a visa of 2 years on it, what do I do? Do I travel to the US with it because its an F1 visa and I am to resume in April which is just 2 months before the expiry of my passport. I don't know what to do if it is possible to extend it here with my visa on it or travel down in april and have it extended over there. Kindly advice please as this is really bothering me. Thanks

If you are travelling this January, the best shot is to travel with your passport to US and do the renewal there. According to the information I know about F1 visa as at early 2011, you are a legal student in US as long as you maintain your student status (I - 20). With I - 20 form, you don't need a student visa to live in US. Even if your visa or passport expires while studying in US, you are legal provided you have your I - 20. However, should you want to leave US, you will need a visa in order to be able to enter after leaving.
I will implore you to get the latest information as regards this because information I'm giving is as at 2011. Good luck man!
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by mimi77: 8:49pm On Jan 04, 2013
thebaft: @ tayorsnr81,

You can definitely go for an EXTENSION with 6 months validity. With six (6) months validity in your passport, some embassies might not grant you a visa. Mine was like 8 months validity when I applied. Remember, they will give you a new passport with 5 years validity and cancel the current one. Take care.

Hello the bAft, so eventually how much were you able to extend your passport for? i have 1 year validity on my passport, i guess the option i need to take is extension. can i do it in lagos? thanks
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by callygood: 9:42pm On Jan 04, 2013
mimi77:

Hello the bAft, so eventually how much were you able to extend your passport for? i have 1 year validity on my passport, i guess the option i need to take is extension. can i do it in lagos? thanks

There is nothing like extention of e-passport for now. You will apply for a new passport with different passport number.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by OBATIMO: 7:17am On Jan 05, 2013
callygood:

There is nothing like extention of e-passport for now. You will apply for a new passport with different passport number.

Thanks callygood, I've done the renewal yesterday, the process was longer as I have to write letter, wait for approval and re-issue.
I spent 19,000 Naira to get it done in Abeokuta.
My old passport was stamped "cancelled without prejudice" so I was told its still valid with my VISA.

1 Like

Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by odunmanuel: 11:29am On Jan 05, 2013
[quote
author=callygood]

There is nothing like extention of e-passport for now. You will apply
for a new passport with different passport number. [/quote]I av 5mths validity on ppt neva being used bt useful nw,wha is d best option 4 m?Extesion/Renewal?what abt if wnt extension,can i gt it done?
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by odunmanuel: 11:29am On Jan 05, 2013
[quote
author=callygood]

There is nothing like extention of e-passport for now. You will apply
for a new passport with different passport number. [/quote]I av 5mths validity on ppt neva being used bt useful nw,wha is d best option 4 m?Extesion/Renewal?what abt if wnt extension,can i gt it done Lagos&cost?Thank u
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by Morhakon47(m): 10:52pm On Jan 05, 2013
Please my own problem is the information on my E- Passport. I would like to change the name on my passport alongside some other informations. Is it possible and how can I go about it. Please note that I already have the appropriate affidavits based on the information change and most of my official bear the new ones. So I want my passport to be in conformity with that.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by Kingkckc: 5:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
Please can e passport be extend, cuz mine will expire in few days and i'm not in good condition to travel.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by tejidike(m): 12:12am On Jan 11, 2013
house please how can some one replace his passport that was stolen for over 2 years now and he don't even have a copy off the passport and he want to bring down his age on the passport if he can get another one cos he his a footballer how can he do it and how much we it cost thanks
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by justwise(m): 1:37am On Jan 11, 2013
tejidike: house please how can some one replace his passport that was stolen for over 2 years now and he don't even have a copy off the passport and he want to bring down his age on the passport if he can get another one cos he his a footballer how can he do it and how much we it cost thanks

Don't come here and ask question such question
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 11, 2013
justwise:
[/color]
Don't come here and ask question such question
oga justwise,strict gan o.........great
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by agatha4life: 7:19pm On Jan 16, 2013
please has any one done renewal of their E passport in Europe and if yes which country and how long time did it take?
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by yoddy01: 6:19pm On Jan 25, 2013
Anthonymighty: Hey guys. I am confused right now after reading all this. In my own case, I was approved for visa on 27th of december 2012 which is some few days back. I'm suppost to pick up my visa at ikeja tomorrow. Before my interview at US embassy lagos, my passport was suppose to expire in June 2013. But now I already have a visa of 2 years on it, what do I do? Do I travel to the US with it because its an F1 visa and I am to resume in April which is just 2 months before the expiry of my passport. I don't know what to do if it is possible to extend it here with my visa on it or travel down in april and have it extended over there. Kindly advice please as this is really bothering me. Thanks

Please go and renew or extend your passport before coming. Since you have deferred your admission. You still have time on your hands. There is just one embassy in Washington dc and two consulates in Atlanta and new york. If your passport expires while you are in school, immigration will give you wahala ehn. The stupid embassy will not pick your calls and you will have to apply online and then they will pick a date that you will come and appear. The flight will be expensive as hell, you will have to look for accommodation cos they will not give you your passport in one day. I know these things cos i am currently facing issues with renewing my passport. also do not allow anyone to misinform you. Having an I-20 DOES NOT give legal status. When you are the US you need to have a valid passport at all times. If your visa expires and you are still enrolled in school, you are legal but once you travel out, you need to get a visa before you can come back to the US. I-20 is just a piece of paper. please research and don't listen to all you read here. I have been here way before 2011 and never saw a case where you "do not need a student visa to live in the US"
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by Danyl(m): 11:13pm On Jan 30, 2013
born2begreat: I have my e-passport issued in 2010 and it was lost to fire accident last year. I learnt that to get a new e-passport for lost or stolen i will have to be in Abuja. Now someone confused me today that i can have it done here in Lagos at 35k and the issuing date and passport number will different from the lost one. i dont know if anyone hav an idea about dis. And if its true that i will b going to Abuja, how much is it going to cost? how long is it going to take? coz i can only have 2 days off from my work anything beyond that 2days is sack. Pls i need your help friends...Am lost in confusion
@justwise, am interested in d answer to ds question.
2ndly, apart from the above quote, what if i want to effect a change in my surname on my e-passport, though it still has 2years to its expiration date, and how much can it cost me to effect those changes. I heard it cn only be done in Abuja, pls whats ur view on this. Thank you
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by pat077: 12:05pm On Mar 17, 2013
what's d different btw extension and renewal?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London / Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport / Sunday Emem Becomes The First Driver To Cross The Second Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.