Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,348 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed (31059 Views)

A Nurse Reveals The Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed / Nurse Reveals The Top Five Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed / #ebolaoutbrk:Nigerian fiance "abandoned" Patrick Sawyer’s sister on deathbed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by Sagamite(m): 5:07pm On Nov 27, 2012
joe4christ:
Time would tell bro!
Eternity itself would testify of it!

Yeah, time will tell that stories like food (Manna) falling from the skies are silly Arabian myths.
Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by GeneralGaricks: 5:11pm On Nov 27, 2012
So none of them regretted living a sinful life
Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 27, 2012
This thread got me thinking
Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by Burger01(m): 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2012
I must take stock of my life, think deeply and think twice. Life has no duplicate. Time and tide wait for no man.. *Thinking deeply*

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by Succieangel(f): 6:26pm On Nov 27, 2012
[quote author=Mentaremix]Wow,dis is truly a Nugget of Wisdom 4 life.It is funny dat pple dnt appreciate gud piece of write up.Dis is realy cool.

you are right wish the world would be a different place to stay [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by LightSon(m): 6:26pm On Nov 27, 2012
Very revealing regrets.
Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by harlos: 6:29pm On Nov 27, 2012
G.James:
My only regret before i die would be that i didn't die earlier. HEAVEN IS TO SWEET
Its not too late man
Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 27, 2012
2. I wish I didn’t work so hard

I would have to disagree with 2 ( I wish I didn't work so hard)........

I love to work hard, and it is more of hobby to me than a task. If I don't really work hard in a day, I wont sleep, so I can't regret it on my deathbed.

3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.

^^^ I disagree with point 3 as well...... Yes, we should express our feelings, and also be considerate and wise..... 'I think my boss is stupid, but I'm currently paying my mortgage. It would be unwise to go to my boss, and say he is stupid.. I would probably be sacked.....lol

Always expressing your feelings could make you come across as rude and brute, which might prevent you from getting the 'next promotion', 'next job', 'next big move', next adorable partner', etc.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:18pm On Nov 27, 2012
I really love the article and the thread ....... this is what we should be having on the frontpage rather than bs about celebs that ain't goon do sh!!t for us ......... I so love this ....... I really went in for the expression "Feelings" it was touching
Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:20pm On Nov 27, 2012
gboss4sure: This thread got me thinking
Same here bruuuuuuu
Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:22pm On Nov 27, 2012
Keneking:

You mean ..indeed very interesting
grin U ehn
Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:25pm On Nov 27, 2012
NobleNkem: hmmmmmmmm, the thread just got me thinking. praying - God please help me to live a life true of myself.
He will, if you will humble ursef before him all the days of ya life
Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:28pm On Nov 27, 2012
Cutejay: Wow,now am going to drop all the unecessary thoughts and move on,happiness all the way.
Kpam
Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:30pm On Nov 27, 2012
queensmith:

thats what i was thinking, its a very old topic.

Don't mind dem........they will rather post Tonto dike eating corn immediately to the frontpage mtcheeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 27, 2012
obo_man: 2. I wish I didn’t work so hard

I would have to disagree with 2 ( I wish I didn't work so hard)........

I love to work hard, and it is more of hobby to me than a task. If I don't really work hard in a day, I wont sleep, so I can't regret it on my deathbed.

3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.

^^^ I disagree with point 3 as well...... Yes, we should express our feelings, and also be considerate and wise..... 'I think my boss is stupid, but I'm currently paying my mortgage. It would be unwise to go to my boss, and say he is stupid.. I would probably be sacked.....lol

Always expressing your feelings could make you come across as rude and brute, which might prevent you from getting the 'next promotion', 'next job', 'next big move', next adorable partner', etc.

Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 27, 2012
^^^
And at the same time, not expressing ur fillings would make u come across as timid, Bashful and passive which in the long term bring more problems than being 'rude' trust me.
Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by naturalwaves: 7:40pm On Nov 27, 2012
tomakint: Like I used to say that, out of the five secrets about death, only one was revealed to us; that one day you will surely die! The remaining four; nobody knows the time or date he or she will die, nobody knows the type of death that will kill him or her, nobody knows where (the place) he or she will die and nobody knows who is next to die!

Bottomline: Do good unto others and live your life as if it is the very last moment you got. cool

Hmmmm.....True talk. Right on point Tomakint.
Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by Lankaline(m): 8:04pm On Nov 27, 2012
choosen1: Wow! I think people would be better if they really express theirselves and let out what they feel....
Oboy,,there is nothing like their selves
Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by ba7man(m): 8:12pm On Nov 27, 2012
Hmmm....that means Nairaland's tribal bigots will regret all the hate they've been spreading online in their final moments...fine by me.
Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by Osama10(m): 8:18pm On Nov 27, 2012
cool
Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by thirdeye(m): 8:42pm On Nov 27, 2012
Someone, somewhere will also regret for not working hard enough while his/her mates were working so hard to secure their children's future.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by salafiyy: 8:50pm On Nov 27, 2012
MY PEOPLE THE FACT IS, NO ONE WILL WANT TO LEAVE THE LIFE OF THIS WORLD, THAT WILL NOT REGRET WITH THOUGHT 'IF I HAD KNOWN I WOULD HAVE'...THE MESSENGER OF GOD SAID IF A RIGHTIOUS PERSON DIES HE WILL REGRET FOR NOT WORKING RIGHTIOUSLY MORE, AS FOR AN EVIL PERSON HE WILL REGRET FOR NOT WORKING RIGHTIOUSLY...ALLAH SAYS THE DAY AN EVIL DOER WILL BITE HIS FINGERS FOR NOT TAKING TO THE RIGHTIOUS WAY(SUNNAH) IF HE HAD KNOWN HE SHOULDN'T HAVE TAKEN TO THE WAY OF SO AND SO PERSON BECAUSE HE HAD LED HIM ASTRAY FROM THE RIGHT PATH...
Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by deluckiest(m): 8:50pm On Nov 27, 2012
Techwriter: I only agree with few of the above except those people in India think differently. Here are possible regrets of a dying Nigerian in his/her right senses

1. For Epicureans/ politicians and corrupt leaders: vanity upon vanity, all is vanity why did I invest all my energy struggling, killing and maiming for frivolities that have come to pass. I wish I lived with eternity in perspective. Now I know that the most important thing in life is not things embarassed embarassed

2. For stars and celebrities: I lived for others, I married for the public, they all said we were the best to-match couples on earth, unfortunately it crashed before it took off. I wish I actually lived my live the way I want it and not the way my fans think it should be. Now I've made others happy at my expense, I wish I could borrow happiness from my fans. I have external success but internal collapse; not even drugs can alleviate my malady, yet a lot of young folks wish they could be like me undecided undecided

3. For Atheist: I wish I believed there was a God. If I cross over to discover there is no God, Heaven or Hell I have nothing still to loose(except probably the pleasures of sin that may end in jail, addiction and HIV), but if it turns out to be real, I'm FINISHED.

4. For Tribalists/Racists: imagine that all my life I have been fighting to show how superior we are. Now the same death awaits all of us. Race is only skin deep and ethnicity is a random occurrence. If I have one more year to live,I would start an NGO to let people know we are one and the same

5. For Religious Folks who never fulfilled purpose: I was so engrossed in my religious practices that I never lived the life God gave me. I never touched lives, I never did any thing to change my society for God but simply went to church/mosque, prayed, fasted and believed God to meet my selfish needs. I never answered the question: why was I born? So I never fulfilled purpose.

GBAM
Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 27, 2012
This is so true! Your life, your choice.
@ a point in my life every1 wanted me to marry sm1 against my will. I didn't. I'm very happy about it
Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by Haruna67(m): 9:20pm On Nov 27, 2012
Love it,I tink we d youth nid it
Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by toygod2: 10:06pm On Nov 27, 2012
May we never have any cause to regret
Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by bravehost4u(m): 10:35pm On Nov 27, 2012
Never take life so serious because you will never come out of it alive.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by henry247(m): 11:13pm On Nov 27, 2012
Clearly a regret of the world because i didnt see any regretting that he/she didnt give his/her life to Christ early enough.People should regret that they were not able to serve God in full capacity rather than this face value regrets mentioned above.
Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by Sagamite(m): 11:49pm On Nov 27, 2012
henry247: Clearly a regret of the world because i didnt see any regretting that he/she didnt give his/her life to Christ early enough.People should regret that they were not able to serve God in full capacity rather than this face value regrets mentioned above.

Really? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by Cupidkc(m): 12:01am On Nov 28, 2012
Nuggets of wisdom...very touching tales. A nurse friend once told me something like this before. The tales of a dying man.
Re: Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed by Sike(m): 12:15am On Nov 28, 2012
oladayo042: Nice one. I just learnt some lessons.
Same here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Launches Medical Helicopter Emergency Service In Nigeria (Photos) / Tissue Paper Or Water: Which Is Better? / Governor Ikpeazu Commences Fumigation Of Public Places In Abia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.