Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. (21468 Views)

Photos: 8 Things You Did Not Know About The Late Chief Oladeinde Fernandez / WHO IS CHIEF DEINDE FERNANDEZ (PICTURES) / African Richest Man Seen At His Polling Centre (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by violent(m): 11:29pm On Apr 02, 2012
Brixtonyute:

You sound bitter, and stop posting comments through your arse.

This guy is stupidly rich. He made his money from Nigeria, Angola, and Equatorial Guinea. Give respect where it's due, and stop being a loner.

No one told you to be broke and miserable. undecided

He made his money from Angola, so what? We all agree he is stupidly rich, but comparing him to other people without having
having the slightest idea what is net worth must be is just totally silly!
Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by Olalekan0(m): 11:37pm On Apr 02, 2012
Brixtonyute:

You sound bitter, and stop posting comments through your arse.

This guy is stupidly rich. He made his money from Nigeria, Angola, and Equatorial Guinea. Give respect where it's due, and stop being a loner.

No one told you to be broke and miserable. undecided
dude,i won't stoop so low as to exchanging words with you.Rather,I'll educate you,my aunt's husband has a lot of friends among these supposedly rich nigerians in diaspora,i spend time with them whenever am abroad so as to meet all those household names we hear about in Nigeria,but believe you me,majority of these guys haven't even paid up to 20 percent of those properties they lay claim to.

I know a bini man who resides in a 3million pounds home in surrey but my friends who knew him more than i do says he's only paid a little over 500K pounds even after living in the mansion for 4 years. This man knows every capital city of the world and lodges in expensive suites.He aquires his fleet of cars in a like manner.Wake up guys
Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by bittyend(m): 11:44pm On Apr 02, 2012
Olalekan 0: dude,i won't stoop so low as to exchanging words with you.Rather,I'll educate you,my aunt's husband has a lot of friends among these supposedly rich nigerians in diaspora,i spend time with them whenever am abroad so as to meet all those household names we hear about in Nigeria,but believe you me,majority of these guys haven't even paid up to 20 percent of those properties they lay claim to.

I know a bini man who resides in a 3million pounds home in surrey but my friends who knew him more than i do says he's only paid a little over 500K pounds even after living in the mansion for 4 years. This man knows every capital city of the world and lodges in expensive suites.He aquires his fleet of cars in a like manner.Wake up guys

The guys you're talking about are different from this guy.

You need to read about him, bruv.

Google is your friend.
Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by Ade0001(m): 7:47am On Apr 03, 2012
"Alongside his business interests he has a diplomatic career stretching back to 1966, when he served as the consul of the Republic of Dahomey. In 1982 he became the economic adviser to the Angolan government and has worked with the UN for more than a decade, beginning with his appointment as the permanent representative of Mozambique in 1984. In 1992 he served as ambassador-at-large for Angola and for Togo.

His business links with Angola are also strong. In 1996 Petro Inett, which is registered in Paris, obtained a 50% share with South African-based Energy Africa Limited in a deal with the state oil company for exploration rights in a 4,700 sq km (1,800 sq mile) area of Angola's coast.

But his career has not been without controversy. In 1984 he hit the headlines in Swaziland when the parliament tried to question his appointment as roving ambassador with the rank of deputy finance minister. After being ordered by the royal family not to intervene, MPs dropped the issue."

(An extract from an article about the man on http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/1999/may/22/nelsonmandela)

1 Like

Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 03, 2012
he's definitely broke from living beyond his means. People should stop putting this guy for where e hand no reach grin
Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by deols(f): 3:38pm On Apr 03, 2012
igba kan o lo ile aye gbo.
Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by acidtalk: 9:54am On Oct 23, 2012
Where is Oladeinde Fernandez??
Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 23, 2012
We would never know how much this man is truly worth. No be every big money Forbes dey fit estimate. He seems more of an underworld operator; the sort of shadowy figure that helps African despots to squirrel billions of dollars (looted funds) away in numbered accounts in the Cayman Islands and Switzerland. He is also a kind of facilitator and negotiator; the kind of man that makes things happen.

This kind of man is difficult to understand, and the depth of his wealth is probably similar to a bottomless pit.

4 Likes

Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by acidtalk: 10:44am On Oct 23, 2012
^^^

Extremely rich and a silent killer.
He doesn't make noise like the lousy ones we have now, all craving to be on forbes list.

1 Like

Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by seunfly: 12:52pm On Oct 23, 2012
Wallie: Not to pour sand into anyone’s garri but most of the people you think are super wealthy are not! Just because someone blows a few million dollars doesn’t make the person the wealthiest!

A divorce case in the Western world truly brings out the true/perceived worth of an individual. You have to recognize that the woman is trying to get the most money she can, which will mean that she will reveal every source of income she knows the guy has.

Are there people out there that are truly worth more money that Forbes accounts for? Yes. Almost everybody listed is worth more because income that’s not publically listed is not taken into account.

For example, any income from any of Dangote’s businesses that is not listed on the stock exchange is not taken into account.

Also, exactly when did Dangote break the $2 billion threshold after umpteen years doing business? When he got listed on the stock exchange. Why do you think companies go public?

My point is you can only become 13 billion dollar rich by “including” other people’s money into your wealth! You have something that people think is valuable and they invest in it! People are investing in you because they believe you can return value for their money. NOBODY in Nigeria, either dead or alive, is richer than Dangote.

For Fernandez to be sued for $300 million by a woman that has being with him since the 80s means that the number is a high approximate value of half his wealth, which includes properties, yachts, bank accounts and businesses. PERIOD. As an attorney, you shoot for a very high number to scare the guy into settling! Or are you going to say someone that knew him that long wouldn’t be privy to businesses he owned?

Even people that steal billions of dollars end up deceasing the loot significantly due to ongoing expenses because they don’t know how to replenish that kind of money. They also have to be careful where they invest the money; otherwise, people will start asking questions.

so Roman Abramovic that pay $50million in divorce is not worth more than $100million by you

2 Likes

Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by tsmack: 2:57pm On Oct 23, 2012
I find this tread interesting.

Deinde Fernandez has always operated under the radar. The general public (you all know yourselves wink ) didn’t know anything about him before and after the ovation article other than the divorce proceedings.
The guy appears to be a smooth, smart and well connected operator. He obviously has/had the right connections in oil rich countries of the world. The guy no need subsidy.

I wonder how many more Nigerians like him are out there.

Lesson learnt - it isn’t about the noise. It is all about the result.

1 Like

Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by edoyad(m): 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2012
Aliko Dangote is Africa's richest man. If you don't like it then go to Forbes.
Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by demmy(m): 3:28pm On Oct 23, 2012
Antonio Oladeinde Fernandez

Nationality: Nigerian

Source: Petro-Inett

The mysterious and intensely private Nigerian diplomat is a formerly served as the Central African Republic’s ambassador to the United Nations. A close friend to Angola’s president, Jose Eduardo dos Santos, Fernandez has extensive gold, diamond and oil mining interests in Angola and across Africa held through his company, Petro Inett. Divides his time between lavish homes in France, Scotland and the United States. In 2003, Fernandez’s wife reportedly sued him for close to $400 million in a record divorce fight. Very little was heard about the case afterwards. Last year, he put up one of his properties in New Rochelle for sale for $12 million.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2011/11/16/10-african-millionaires-to-watch/3/
Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 23, 2012
pro01: We would never know how much this man is truly worth. No be every big money Forbes dey fit estimate. He seems more of an underworld operator; the sort of shadowy figure that helps African despots to squirrel billions of dollars (looted funds) away in numbered accounts in the Cayman Islands and Switzerland. He is also a kind of facilitator and negotiator; the kind of man that makes things happen.

This kind of man is difficult to understand, and the depth of his wealth is probably similar to a bottomless pit.

You've captured the man right there.

He's one badass motherfukr. Probably lost track of how much he owned decades ago.
Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by acidtalk: 9:13pm On Oct 23, 2012
ROSSIKE:

You've captured the man right there.

He's one badass motherfukr. Probably lost track of how much he owned decades ago.

He is certainly a SMOOTH operator.
Stinkingly rich and trikishly silent.
Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by AndreUweh(m): 10:33pm On Oct 23, 2012
Abagworo: There is difference between "was" and "is". Arthur Nzeribe who happens to be my kinsman was once the richest man in Nigeria. Same as Fenandez but change is the only permanent thing on earth.
What happened to Francis Arthur Nzeribe's wealth?. He was so rich and a crowd puller yesteryears. I can remember how every activity in Isinweke and Mbano closed down because Chief Nzeribe was coming to Etiti for a graduation ceremony of IMOSU then at Etiti.
Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by emmatok(m): 10:45pm On Oct 23, 2012
edoyad: Aliko Dangote is Africa's richest man. If you don't like it then go to Forbes.

So you want to tell me Dangote is richer the OBJ, IBB and Danjuma.

Must of these men including Fanadez are rich Macias, making money from Blood diamonds, gold and crude oil.
A man like ObJ got big investments in Saotome and Principe.

But you will never hear about them on Forbes, because their wealth cannot be taxed.
Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 23, 2012
Dangote is the richest man in Africa according to forbes not the richest gangan. There's no need insulting one another, Dangote himself knows those that are twice richer than him even in Nigeria, guys no one can quantify those men's wealth even I guess they can themselve.

2 Likes

Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by acidtalk: 8:52am On Nov 04, 2012
You are damn so correct.
Even Dangote knows he has several bosses who are far richer than him. People who don't even know how rish they are.

1 Like

Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by Tyche(m): 10:00am On Nov 04, 2012
^
You have really understimated Aliko Dangote perhaps because of his entreprenuerial nature.

That guy is no where near Dangote now.
Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by acidtalk: 10:43am On Nov 04, 2012
I am not underestimating him.
I just believe he is being more favored by the government than other entrepreneurs thereby giving him a stronger edge over others.
You don't monopolize the market and claim to be the best.

2 Likes

Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by Tyche(m): 11:07am On Nov 04, 2012
There is always favour in the rise in fortune of men since ages.

How this happens is only known to the Supreme Intelligence.

Deinde Fernandez is no doubt rich but his riches is like chicken change to that of Aliko Dangote.

Were Dangote not a reserved fellow, a born enterprenuer, his lavish lifestyle would have been second to none.
Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by acidtalk: 11:40am On Nov 04, 2012
Tyche:
Deinde Fernandez is no doubt rich but his riches is like chicken change to that of Aliko Dangote.

Tah! This is absolutely nonsense.
Deinde Fernandez doesn't make noise like Dangote. Do you know how long that man has been a multimillionaire in dollars and how many countries he continues their Economy.

2 Likes

Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by naptu2: 11:55am On Nov 04, 2012
The Dantata/Dangote dynasty: how to create a dynasty of billionaires (and how they've remained wealthy from the late 1800s till now).
https://www.nairaland.com/891985/dantata-dangote-story-how-create
Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by Tyche(m): 3:13pm On Nov 04, 2012
acidtalk:

Tah! This is absolutely nonsense.
Deinde Fernandez doesn't make noise like Dangote. Do you know how long that man has been a multimillionaire in dollars and how many countries he continues their Economy.

Fernandez belong to the past, Dangote is the real deal now. Forget about the past, forget about the hype.

Respect to Aliko Dangote.
Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by ayobase(m): 3:49pm On Nov 04, 2012
Tyche: ^
You have really understimated Aliko Dangote perhaps because of his entreprenuerial nature.

That guy is no where near Dangote now.

Its like u don't know that guy at all!

Has Are Akande declared his asset yet....u will be surprised that Dangote is far behind!
Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by Tyche(m): 6:04pm On Nov 04, 2012
ayobase:

Its like u don't know that guy at all!

Has Are Akande declared his asset yet....u will be surprised that Dangote is far behind!

My guy, you don't know what you are saying.

Do you think what you hear is all about Dangote's wealth?
Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by acidtalk: 6:07pm On Nov 04, 2012
Tyche:

Then what else is it about?
Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by ayobase(m): 7:02pm On Nov 04, 2012
Tyche:

What makes u think or know that Oladeinde is not far far wealthier than Dangote. Because u don't know the man, or maybe never heard of the name before.

Let me quit this...answer the question acidtalk asked u above!

Let me ask u this, so that u can answer together......do u KNOW that man, Oladeinde?
Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 04, 2012
Does he recruit phd's as drivers too?
Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by acidtalk: 7:34pm On Nov 04, 2012
Keneking: Does he recruit phd's as drivers too?

Are you a PH.D holder that wants to be his personal driver?
Your best bet is to be a sailor. Because the man spends more time on his yatch sailing over the world than on land and sea.

Its been reported that in is amongst the top 10 most sailed 'private travelers' in the world.
Re: Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. by phreakabit(m): 8:05pm On Nov 04, 2012
Brixtonyute:

I just googled his name when I saw the post.

ROFLMAO! You have an override on your thinking faculty. . . .Hahahahaha! That guy totally blew your cover.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From Abakaliki Flyover Underconstruction / Security Agents At The Bomb-Making Factories In Borno / Kogi Worker Results To Online Begging After 2 Years Of Unpaid Salaries (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.