Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,508 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? (11448 Views)

Hacker Reveals How To Extract Pin Of A Smartphone From Any Selfie. / Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users / Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by chux76(m): 9:04am On Apr 03, 2012
Is it possible to block the PIN of a BB if it is stolen?

Is it also possible to change d PIN of a BB?
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by walcolm(m): 9:57am On Apr 03, 2012
it is not POSSIBLE to change the PIN of a BB

it is possible to block a pin from accessing BIS but the process is long and winding especially if you are not in North America. it requires a mix of RIMM and network service companies to implement. that said, once you block a BB pin, it is impossible to trace it because it wont be able to access data service
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by Koolking(m): 2:37pm On Apr 03, 2012
walcolm: it is not POSSIBLE to change the PIN of a BB

it is possible to block a pin from accessing BIS but the process is long and winding especially if you are not in North America. it requires a mix of RIMM and network service companies to implement. that said, once you block a BB pin, it is impossible to trace it because it wont be able to access data service

Dude, anything is possible. Knowledge is not exclusively patented. The process of changing the BB PIN might be windy but people out there know (if not better) what you know. People breach classified securities with ease how much more BB PIN. I bet guys in the computer village can manipulate that. VPN does not have an absolute security network.
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 03, 2012
Koolking:

Dude, anything is possible. Knowledge is not exclusively patented. The process of changing the BB PIN might be windy but people out there know (if not better) what you know. People breach classified securities with ease how much more BB PIN. I bet guys in the computer village can manipulate that. VPN does not have an absolute security network.

The only way from the little i know is if the OS is jail broken thats when you can breach the security of the bb pin. Besides that, you can't do it
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by emsquare(m): 2:55pm On Apr 03, 2012
ollah1:

The only way from the little i know is if the OS is jail broken thats when you can breach the security of the bb pin. Besides that, you can't do it

True!
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by Koolking(m): 3:10pm On Apr 03, 2012
ollah1:

You speak like an IT savvy person. Are you a BB Master? You might be right but I don't believe in the exclusive security of any IT toy. Anything is still possible. I dont subscribe to impossibility in IT space
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 03, 2012
If it's possible,someone should block this blackbeery torch for me.

S/No 355466047358118
PIN - 26B355BD

na boys snatch am from my hand. grin
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by walcolm(m): 3:45pm On Apr 03, 2012
Koolking:

You speak like an IT savvy person. Are you a BB Master? You might be right but I don't believe in the exclusive security of any IT toy. Anything is still possible. I dont subscribe to impossibility in IT space

you speak like someone who is not IT savvy
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 03, 2012
~Bluetooth:

S/No 355466047358118
PIN - 26B355BD

Lmaoooooooooooo tongue
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by Gsmxpert(m): 5:01pm On Apr 03, 2012
walcolm: it is not POSSIBLE to change the PIN of a BB

It is 100% possible to chnage pin, imei and bsn on both new and old security. Leave rtas out of this.

and pin can be blocked from accessing bis though normal calls will work.
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by lifestyle1(m): 5:11pm On Apr 03, 2012
~Bluetooth:

S/No 355466047358118
PIN - 26B355BD

Done!

2 Likes

Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by vicky4227(m): 8:26pm On Apr 03, 2012
Hi house, you know about those ads in complete sport on making money with football. I now have that ebook. Trust me it contains the information that any one needs to make money with football. I too have made money with this process, so it is no joke.
The issue now is that since people get that ebook for N2500 and N3000, now I have got it I will only send it to anybody email for nothing less than N750. if you need it call my number on 08066642832 or 08124431638 , I will give you my account number and will send you the ebook after I confirm payment. So if you need it call me or send me email at marshaljohn10@yahoo.com
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by Ticklishmummy(f): 8:41pm On Apr 03, 2012
vicky4227: Hi house, you know about those ads in complete sport on making money with football. I now have that ebook. Trust me it contains the information that any one needs to make money with football. I too have made money with this process, so it is no joke.
The issue now is that since people get that ebook for N2500 and N3000, now I have got it I will only send it to anybody email for nothing less than N750. if you need it call my number on 08066642832 or 08124431638 , I will give you my account number and will send you the ebook after I confirm payment. So if you need it call me or send me email at marshaljohn10@yahoo.com
E be like say something dey crawl for ur head abi? wetin wan cause dis shallow [/s]scammming[s] advertising for here undecided
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by KokoBeware: 11:05pm On Apr 03, 2012
If you had signed in to "Blackberry Protect"

View Location: Map the current location of your device.
Play Sound: Make your device ring loudly to help you find it even if sound is currently turned off.
Display a Message: Show a customized message on your Home screen, even if your device is locked.
Lock Device: Lock your device and optionally set a new password.
Wipe Device: Permanently delete all data from your device.

The PIN is like a MAC adress it can't be changed.....
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by Lexusgs430: 12:15am On Apr 04, 2012
Ticklishmummy:
E be like say something dey crawl for ur head abi? wetin wan cause dis shallow [/s]scammming[s] advertising for here undecided

E be like say Vicky wan make you come tickle am !!
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by ifyalways(f): 4:24am On Apr 04, 2012
~Bluetooth:

S/No 355466047358118
PIN - 26B355BD

Thats my pin up there.
Bluetooth take ya time.lolz
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by teniola99: 4:37am On Apr 04, 2012
IT IS POSSIBLE
All you hv to do is wipe the memory clean then set a new password.
Easy peezy.
I must warn you though that you WILL lose all your contacts.
You will hv to add all ur contacts again.
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by walcolm(m): 7:25am On Apr 04, 2012
Gsmxpert: It is 100% possible to chnage pin, imei and bsn on both new and old security. Leave rtas out of this.

and pin can be blocked from accessing bis though normal calls will work.

Oga, pls confirm you have changed the PIN of the BB device that Bluetooth put out there for you to show your skills with

i doubt very much if you're a gsm expert
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by chidike(m): 7:30am On Apr 04, 2012
Some peeps funny sha.
@lifestyle, me too wan block my sis own wey dem snatch.
Anyways don't know if it possible to change pin, as for blocking bb, if you have blackberry protect (doesn't work for bb complete users, at least on glo and etisalat), u can know the vicinity/area where ur phone is located, but that's just it, the phone will be locked and make loud noise. But wen there's no BIS on the stolen Bb, Blackberry protect won't work. A sure way to trace your bb, is to write to all 4 networks with your proof of ownership, police report and IMEI number (you're writing to all four networks because you don't know which network the thief is using with ur bb). Once they input the pin and IMEI of your bb on their system, if its being used on that network, the phone number using that pin will come up on the screen. And since all lines are registered, from there you can trace the thief.

Its possible cos i've tried it, (if u know someone who works with the telecomms company, a call centre agent can do it for you).
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by kpolli(m): 9:14am On Apr 04, 2012
See why I always said BB isn't for everyone undecided
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by Gsmxpert(m): 9:22am On Apr 04, 2012
walcolm:

Oga, pls confirm you have changed the PIN of the BB device that Bluetooth put out there for you to show your skills with

i doubt very much if you're a gsm expert

blackberry security is identified by bsn, imei and pin and they are unique. this info is stored on rim server
for all rim produced phones.(not cloned) once an operator reports a phone stolen, rim blacklists the pin on
the server, hindering it from connecting to the blackberry service but normal phone calls remains accurate.

This can be fixed by copying imei, pin and bsn from a non blacklisted phone that is either damaged or not in use.
publicly you can only find the pin and imei changer for old security like 9000 downward but the latest security
can be changed by advanced softwares and access to rim's rtas.

I run a local self created rim server and can change your pin and imei (not remotly) and fix pin ffff.
Do you wonder why some people bought a bb but cant chat? blaclisted or suspended pins.
dont speak if you dont know.
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by davidayo: 10:24am On Apr 04, 2012
BlackBerry® smartphone with a valid data plan is required to migrate a BlackBerry Internet Service email account to a new BlackBerry smartphone.

To change your BlackBerry smartphone personal identification number (PIN) that is assigned to your BlackBerry Internet Service account, complete the following steps that are appropriate to the method you use (activation over the wireless network, on the BlackBerry smartphone, or through the BlackBerry Internet Service web site).

Note: Make sure that you have inserted your Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) card into your new BlackBerry smartphone. If your BlackBerry smartphone operates on the Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) network, make sure that your new BlackBerry smartphone is activated.
Activation over the wireless network

1. From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Email Settings.
2. At the login screen, enter your user name and password.
3. When prompted to move email account(s), select Move to complete the BlackBerry smartphone change.
4. Once the change has been completed, the following message appears:

Thick Client method

1. From your BlackBerry smartphone, click Email Settings.
2. At the login screen, enter your user name and password.
3. When prompted to move email account(s), select Move to complete the BlackBerry smartphone change.
4. Once the change has been completed, the following message appears:

Using the BlackBerry Internet Service web site

1. Connect to your wireless service provider’s BlackBerry Internet Service web site using a computer.

Note: To find your service provider’s BlackBerry Internet Service web site, click here and scroll down to the Accessing the BlackBerry Internet Service Web Site section.
2. Type your username and password, and click Login. Click Change Device.
3. The new BlackBerry smartphone must have a SIM card inserted and be connected to the wireless network before the BlackBerry smartphone user clicks Detect New Device.
4. When the new BlackBerry smartphone has been detected, click Move to move the email accounts and receive email messages on the new BlackBerry smartphone.
5. Enter the password for each email address and click Validate.
6. After validating all addresses, click Finish.
7. If the email accounts have been successfully moved to the new the new BlackBerry smartphone, a confirmation message appears.
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by Ticklishmummy(f): 1:40pm On Apr 04, 2012
Lexusgs430:

E be like say Vicky wan make you come tickle am !!

No mind am jare grin
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by Koolking(m): 1:56pm On Apr 04, 2012
Gsmxpert:

blackberry security is identified by bsn, imei and pin and they are unique. this info is stored on rim server
for all rim produced phones.(not cloned) once an operator reports a phone stolen, rim blacklists the pin on
the server, hindering it from connecting to the blackberry service but normal phone calls remains accurate

This can be fixed by copying imei, pin and bsn from a non blacklisted phone that is either damaged or not in use.
publicly you can only find the pin and imei changer for old security like 9000 downward but the latest security
can be changed by advanced softwares and access to rim's rtas.

I run a local self created rim server and can change your pin and imei (not remotly) and fix pin ffff.
Do you wonder why some people bought a bb but cant chat? blaclisted or suspended pins.
dont speak if you dont know.

Thank you for reinforcing my point in a layman understanding. The cyberspace is endless, you can get whatever you want provided you understand how to prod it. BB security is not absolute, it cannot be manipulated. Talk to boys (right people) in Ikeja computer village you'll be shocked at the level of freelance IT wizard wandering there for nothing. Most of them are hackers who can use codes to mess up your IT securities. Everything is possible folks.
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by ziccoit: 6:43pm On Apr 04, 2012
It should be impossible unless if requested with strong evidence of ownership. Imagine I am beefing you for owning a Bold 9900, I just need to find your pin and destroy your BB.

LOL....
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by chucky234(m): 2:20am On Apr 05, 2012
I have a BB just came from US and requires network MEP code to unlock to Nigerian SIMs,can anyone help with that?
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by Lexusgs430: 2:46am On Apr 05, 2012
chucky234: I have a BB just came from US and requires network MEP code to unlock to Nigerian SIMs,can anyone help with that?

Send me the phones IMEI number + MEP code.
You get the Mep code by downloading a bb logger program unto your computer or laptop, after download, unzip program, launch program, connect phone via usb cable and read codes.
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by chucky234(m): 6:16am On Apr 05, 2012
Lexusgs430:

Send me the phones IMEI number + MEP code.
You get the Mep code by downloading a bb logger program unto your computer or laptop, after download, unzip program, launch program, connect phone via usb cable and read codes.
I will get the MEP code then send it across,thanks
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by mannito69: 10:26am On Jun 17, 2013
My blackberry phone has been stolen can any one please help me to block the phone"

IMEI: 354011056242141
PIN: 2A8B9343
BT MAC: 1C69A5DD30A2

Thanks.

Done![/quote]
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by anderson5091: 1:12am On Jun 18, 2013
For more answer on the discussion' s changing, Now I now that is possible to transfer your old pin on a BB 1O phone. A blackberry pin can' t be blocked, but the Phone can be block by the pin cause that as the IMEi ist a part of the phone identify. Can a IMEI be blocked? I thank this can.
Re: Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? by Heinz(m): 7:39am On Oct 05, 2013
After an os upgrade my bis won't come up anymore. I have put different sims, I have my bcked up hrt. Took it to MTN they couldn't help me. What do I do? I have a bb 9860 torch 3. pin:28659381 . I would appreciate help cos I'm really getting frustrated now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wonders Of Fingerprint Technology / Infinix Joypad Now Available In Nigeria Again / Ntel Network Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.