Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 (3693 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Real Madrid: 100% (8 votes)
Apoel Nicosia: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Barcelona Vs Apoel Nicosia : UCL (1 - 0) On 17th September 2014 / UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 / Apoel Nicosia Vs Real Madrid (0 - 3) On 27th March 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by mukina2: 8:07am On Apr 04, 2012
Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has promised his players will not underestimate APOEL Nicosia in the second leg of their Champions League quarter-final despite seemingly already having one foot in the last four.

The Primera Division leaders triumphed 3-0 in Cyprus last Tuesday to all-but secure their progress, substitute Kaka scoring after setting up the first of Karim Benzema's late brace.

But Mourinho insisted he would not be taking anything for granted against the Cypriot underdogs - whose giant-killing run has accounted for Lyon, Porto and Shakhtar Donetsk - and claimed he planned to stick closely to the winning formula which saw the capital club triumph 5-1 at Osasuna on Saturday.

"There won't be many changes in the line-up,'' he said at his pre-match press conference.

"The only one who played in Pamplona and isn't on the list is (Alvaro) Arbeloa. The rest have been called up to play. Pepe is here with me (at the press conference) because he will play.

"It is a Champions League match and we have a very good aggregate. Very few believe APOEL will score four goals at the Bernabeu, but football is football and we must respect the crowd expecting a good football match, and we must especially respect our opponent.''

Mourinho's men head into the Bernabeu encounter boasting a six-point advantage over champions Barcelona at the summit of La Liga.

Draws against Malaga and Villarreal last month allowed Barca to cut Madrid's lead from 10 points to six, but the Portuguese does not feel his side will be adversely affected by thoughts of the title race or their recent exertions.

"My players are fine,'' he said. "They don't feel tired. They are confident and all want to play.

"We've earned very good numbers in the Champions League these last couple of years. We've obtained many victories, few draws and only one defeat. We want to continue doing a good job and earn another victory tomorrow.

"I only want my team to win and to play well. We've been obtaining good results - regardless of who plays - from the very beginning of the season, which is very important to me.

"This group is strong and united. We've always felt the same way and we will stick together to the end. We will cry or laugh together on the very last day.''

Lassana Diarra and Ricardo Carvalho remain sidelined through injury but will train with the team on Friday, but Xabi Alonso is available again after suspension and Angel Di Maria will look to continue his comeback from a thigh injury after coming off the bench at the weekend.

" Di Maria's injury is complicated,'' Mourinho added.

"He's been training at full pace for 10 days, but that's not the same as playing matches.

"He benefited from the 10 minutes he played in Pamplona and he will play more tomorrow, but not the entire game. He is very important to the team and we've missed him despite earning positive results.''

APOEL lost key defender Marcelo Oliveira to injury inside 10 minutes last week after his standing leg twisted under him as he overcommitted in a tackle, and he misses the second leg along with forward Ivan Trickovski (broken hand).

Coach Ivan Jovanovic could also be without striker Ailton due to a virus, while wing-back Nektarios Alexandrou (groin) and midfielder Athos Solomou (shin) are also doubtful.

Jovanovic acknowledged scoring four goals at the Bernabeu would be virtually impossible for his side, but if his team do get knocked out of the competition they will do so with their heads held high.

"Madrid are in the semi-finals - there's no question about that,'' the Serbian told the Cyprus Mail.

"The second leg will be harder (than the game in Nicosia). We need to try to exit the competition in the best possible fashion.

"Our campaign will forever be written in gold in the history of not just our club but Cypriot football also.''

Match
Re: UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by Oskilala: 9:27am On Apr 04, 2012
Muki, where's Chelsea vs Benfica thread....r u Beefing us again? shocked

Blues 4 life........ cool
Re: UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by usbcable(m): 9:40am On Apr 04, 2012
Expectedly we should win this one.
except a GREAT MIRACLE happens where Apoel Scores 4 goals.

Lets hope its the players that makes the headlines tomorrow and not the referees.

hala madrid.
Re: UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by FRANKLINTON(m): 10:23am On Apr 04, 2012
Of course, Real Madrid will win. Expect flurry of goals from C. Ronaldo and co.
Re: UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by FRANKLINTON(m): 10:23am On Apr 04, 2012
Of course, Real Madrid will win. Expect flurry of goals from C. Ronaldo and co. UP MADRID
Re: UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by Mcleo007(m): 10:53am On Apr 04, 2012
Goodluck to Madridistas! They asked for an easy ride to the semis and they got it. Time now to challenge and play against more worthy opponents. Funny thing is, Madrid tends to underrate Bayern. I hope I'm wrong
Re: UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by eyoniggar(m): 11:00am On Apr 04, 2012
Mcleao, last season if I may recall, Madrid were never tied with a superior side until they met Barca that had them shipped outta the CL, same thing has happened this season. They'll be meeting the 1st superior team in the semi's again, and I bet if they can go past those german machines. Big 1st test of this season for them.
Re: UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by emsquare(m): 11:27am On Apr 04, 2012
usbcable: Expectedly we should win this one.
except a GREAT MIRACLE happens where Apoel Scores 4 goals.

Lets hope its the players that makes the headlines tomorrow and not the referees.

hala madrid.

LOL!!!
Re: UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by Fellywood(m): 12:21pm On Apr 04, 2012
RM will win this & get knocked out by Bayern Munich.cheesy cheesy cheesy Barcelona will win the cup AGAIN grin grin grin
Re: UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by usbcable(m): 2:26pm On Apr 04, 2012
eyoniggar: Mcleao, last season if I may recall, Madrid were never tied with a superior side until they met Barca that had them shipped outta the CL, same thing has happened this season. They'll be meeting the 1st superior team in the semi's again, and I bet if they can go past those german machines. Big 1st test of this season for them.
we met with thesame milan you just tutored the marvelous art of penalty kicks.
then we beat em 2-0 in our backyard---- clean goals
and drew 2-2 away------ no controversy claims after this match too.
I hope your memory now recalls the matches clearly.
Re: UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by usbcable(m): 2:27pm On Apr 04, 2012
Fellywood: RM will win this & get knocked out by Bayern Munich.cheesy cheesy cheesy Barcelona will win the cup AGAIN grin grin grin
and next year both teams will try again. nothing new.
Re: UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by usbcable(m): 2:31pm On Apr 04, 2012
Mcleo007: Goodluck to Madridistas! They asked for an easy ride to the semis and they got it. Time now to challenge and play against more worthy opponents. Funny thing is, Madrid tends to underrate Bayern. I hope I'm wrong
if mourinho is not underratting Apoel, why will he underrate Bayern.
**shrugs shoulder**
Bayern has a 50/50 chance of going through same as RM if they both meet in the semis.
Re: UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by mukina2: 7:46pm On Apr 04, 2012
game on!
Re: UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by Brixtonyute(m): 7:48pm On Apr 04, 2012
Damn! Where is the Chelsea thread

There is only one Chelsea - we're are the BILLIONAIRES!!!
Re: UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by mukina2: 8:14pm On Apr 04, 2012
ronaldo scores!
Re: UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by mukina2: 8:25pm On Apr 04, 2012
kaka makes it 2
Re: UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by kombats: 8:29pm On Apr 04, 2012
madrid go kill person ooooooooooooooo
Re: UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by TrustZee(m): 8:34pm On Apr 04, 2012
Madrid n0ni
Re: UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by Demdem(m): 8:42pm On Apr 04, 2012
mukina2: kaka makes it 2

That kaka goal is a beauty to behold.
Re: UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by mukina2: 9:11pm On Apr 04, 2012
^
seriously i saw it during the break it was just too good, i hope injuries free him small just so he can shine again smiley
Re: UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by mukina2: 9:14pm On Apr 04, 2012
apoel scores

2 -1
Re: UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by emsquare(m): 9:14pm On Apr 04, 2012
kombats: madrid go kill person ooooooooooooooo

Abi!
Re: UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by mukina2: 9:20pm On Apr 04, 2012
ronaldo scores again
Re: UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by mukina2: 9:26pm On Apr 04, 2012
4 -2
lol

Callejon for Madrid

Solari For Apoel
Re: UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by mukina2: 9:27pm On Apr 04, 2012
5 -2
di maria scores
Re: UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by mukina2: 9:39pm On Apr 04, 2012
game over
Re: UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by dj5naira(m): 6:46am On Apr 05, 2012
kombats: madrid go kill person ooooooooooooooo
They can't, i'm guided by the living football god - Messi-ah : )
Re: UCL: Real Madrid Vs Apoel Nicosia (5 - 2) On 4th April 2012 by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 05, 2012
UEFA didn't take a pity on Apeol

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Birmingham [3-0] On Wednesday 27th January / Which Of These Stats Shock You The Most / Whats Wayne Bridge's Problem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.