Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,975 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Mum To Ladoja: Reject PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mum To Ladoja: Reject PDP (1154 Views)

Accord To Ladoja: Refund N100m ONSA Cash / Senator Teslim Folarin (PDP) Lost His Polling Unit To Ladoja (accord) / The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mum To Ladoja: Reject PDP by Nigerd(m): 10:38am On Apr 04, 2012
•Oyo ACN: associating with Obasanjo disastrous

Former Oyo State Governor Rashidi Ladoja yesterday got an elderly counselling from her mother over the plan by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to woo him back. The elderly woman urged not to return to the party.

The warning came on the heels of former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s visit to Ladoja’s Bodija, Ibadan, home. The former President wanted Ladoja to woo him on Monday.

Obasanjo, in company of some factional leaders of the party in Oyo State, had visited Ladoja to finalise a merger talk between his Accord Party (AA) and the PDP in Oyo State. But the former governot, sources said, was yet to bulge.

A source close to the Ladoa family told The Nation yesterday that over 70 per cent of Ladoja’s supporters opposed his plan to return to the PDP. The source added that some of his supporters told Ladoja’s mother about the plan, when they heard that Obasanjo wanted to visit Ladoja’s wife, Mutiyat.

Obasanjo had reportedly called Mutiyat at the weekend and intimated her with his plan to eat pounded yam at the family house on Monday. She reportedly promised to inform her husband.

It was learnt that many of Ladoja’s supporters opposed the visit. They were said to have recalled that it was pounded yam that Obasanjo ate at Chief Audu Ogbe’s and Senator Chuba Okadigbo’s homes that led to the revelation of the former President’s hostility to them.

Ladoja, sources said, has a lot of respect for his octogenarian mother, which was why his supporters urged her to prevail on him.

The elderly woman was said to have had a deep discussion with him on Obasanjo’s visit, reminding her son of how she spent three days in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, to beg Obasanjo not to remove him (Ladoja) from office in 2005. Obasanjo, she recalled, refused to dignify her with an audience, despite her age.

The Nation learnt that the former governor may not return to the PDP because of his political working relationship and agreement with his cousin, Governor Abiola Ajmobi.

The source added that Laoja told Obasanjo that the plan to return him to the PDP had become impossible with the appointment of about 100 of his supporters into different offices in the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) government in Oyo State.

It quoted Ladoja as saying: “I told him (Obasanjo) that if I decide to join the PDP today, I will lose all these, people because they will not follow me. I will become a general without soldiers.”

THE Oyo State chapter of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has warned the Accord Party (AA) leader and former Governor Rashidi Ladoja to beware of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

It likened the former President to a viper, which though looks beautiful outwardly but could be a deadly baggage to carry.

In a statement by its Publicity Secretary, Dauda Kolawole, the party urged Ladoja to be cautious of his association with the former President.

According to the party, Obasanjo’s visit to Ladoja was an ill-wind that could only lead to disaster for the former governor, if he abandons a party he helped to build and join a party whose runners were traditional vipers, scorpions and those who have run Nigeria aground for decades.

The ACN drew Ladoja’s attention to the fact that Obasanjo, who now appears as a worthy bride, supervised and choreographed his illegal impeachment as governor.

The former President also “supplanted him (Ladoja) with his deputy, whom the ACN said was “a total antithesis of and indeed destroyed all that Ladoja stands for in politics”.

ACN said: “The intention of Obasanjo in bringing Ladoja back to the PDP, we hope Ladoja knows, is not because he likes the former governor. Obasanjo knows that with his highly discredited name, he can never win a single election in the Southwest. He is aware that the regime he foisted on Oyo State after Ladoja can only be likened to that of armed robbers’ invasion. Even though he was a recipient of some of the heists, deep within him, he is aware of the quality of that government. He only needs Ladoja’s name and clout to gain legitimacy and, immediately this is achieved, he will bare his age-long fang.”.

While warning Ladoja to remember the Jamaican reggae star, Bob Marley’s admonition that it is better to live in a house of peace with you at the top than to live in a house full of confusion, the ACN admonished Ladoja to sleep and hear what his pillow tells him at night.

“It is only Ladoja’s pillows that can tell him the truth. He should go to sleep and listen to his pillows. Those who came to him are his enemies. Ladoja should reflect on that day when, as a sitting governor, Obasanjo barred him from entering Papa Emmanuel Alayande’s house. He should reflect on the long history of treachery and Machiavellian disposition of Obasanjo. Obasanjo is inherently evil and does not have a forgiving spirit. Ladoja should reflect on the path that the former President has trod, which is full of the skeletons of the people he used and stabbed at a time when they relied on him. He should reflect on an anthropologist’s submission on Obasanjo that the former President can only be likened to a typical African witch who, the more good you do to him, the more evil it breeds from him,” the party said.

ACN urged the Accord Party leader to cooperate with the Oyo State Government in rebuilding the state.

It added that being a very deep thinker, Ladoja would know that any association or promise from Obasanjo can only be temporary and selfish because abandoning his supporters for the PDP was akin to committing political suicide.

Share on: Post on Facebook Facebook Add to your del.icio.us del.icio.us Digg this story Digg StumbleUpon StumbleUpon Twitter Twitter

Disqus

Dislike
10 people liked this.

Login
Add New Comment

Showing 16 comments

Michael Abiodun Olakanmi Collapse

Some people just have no shame or may be i should say they have seared their conscience with hot iron.They want to win S/W by their principle of do or die.Hmnn.

27 minutes ago
1 Like
Tunde Collapse

Remember Bola Oge, he dined and wined with the devil, today Bola Ige is now history. OBJ visited the inlaw of Yusuf the late Boko Haram leader, the following day he was assisinated. If I hear say OBJ dey visit my street, I will pick race. Ladoja now you are the beutiful bribe, just becos you now command the respect of the some people. A word is enough for the wise. Your mother has spoken and she has spoken well.

To OBJ, he should answer this question, he spent 8 years in government, he should please point to significant development he did for the south west. Our own Senator Ogunlewe was minister for works, yet not a a half kilometer was constructed in his home town IKorodu. When ask, Ogunlewe said,"what I am seeing, you are not seing it" Whatever you are seeing, Governor Maruwa saw the same thing and his government dualised Lagos/Ikorodu road.
57 minutes ago
1 Like
Uwandu Collapse

mhmmmmmmmmmmmmm, i have lived in ibadan for almost 12years before travelling. lodoja is financially strong and i dont know what he is looking for in pdp where money grabbers has built their nest. few is for the wise, sen ladoja.

(Edited by a moderator)
1 hour ago
1 Like
Ijakunmo Collapse

Ladoja should remember how OBJ used the same tactics to destroy Atiku
How he used the same tactics to dislodge Osoba as governor
Same was used for the late former senate president.
What is Obasanjo's achievements or credibility despite all the opportunities he has. He was only looking for relevancy which he will never get before he goes to the great beyound
2 hours ago
1 Like
Rafiusanusi Collapse

We are all aware of the evils Obasanjo represents as stated above. They are all correct. If I may ask, what good opposite to evil has the ACN governments in all southwest done exxcept in Lagos with Fashola whose goodness was used to capture the Southwest. Ajimobi has come out with a phodoo minimum wage table which workers have been contesting and have been on strike for. This is the same Ajimobi who campaigined that He would pay twice the minimum wage if elected.deceitfully, He was elected but here we are.

The same non performance goes for Aregbesola in Osun State who has even been there for about 2 years with nothing to show for the twice Oyinlola's revenue collected from the Federation Account. at a time He promised to commence road construction at dry season claiming to have saved N29 billion for the exercise. The dry season is gone, the rainy season is here with nothing.

Aregbesola has also closed down the medical school at the Osun State University throwing students whose parents have paid school fees diligently for 3 to 4 years and who have also passed all their examinations into admission seeking market. All we have been hearing is grammar, grammar grammar, criticism, crriticism criticism with no performance.

We just celebrated the great Asiwaju's 60th birthday. We would not have celebrated the visionary and exemplary leader had He not performed creditably well to the satisfaction of humanity. Asiwaju Akanbi, abawon wi nibiti won ton ndana iro fought the military to stand still at the risk of his life, Tinubu fought the dictatorial tendencies of this wicked Obasanjo and performed well in the office crowning that performance by giving the Lagosians a credible successor like Fashola.

ACN governors are hereby called to perform like Fashola and Tinubu.Forget about the ghosts of PDP. PDP is gone for ever in the southwest. we now want to see what these ACN governors are up to in terms of performance.
3 hours ago
1 Like
TOBBY777 Collapse

ladoja mother despite her age when to see obj as emperor then in 2005 to save her son from impeachment, the old woman stayed three days and obj being a mini god then refused to dignified the woman with his presence. IN 2006 ladoja was impeached and ogbomosho michael jackson in the person of alaka took over. If obj had come alone i would have given it a thought, but since he added pounded yam to it, ladoja should get across to audu ogbe and ask his the benefits of eathing pounded yam with obj. I WEEP FOR MY COUNTRY
3 hours ago
1 Like
Odediranadewale Collapse

ladoja, you get respect as you form your own party if you joining PDP you are nothing in the eye of your followers.
4 hours ago
1 Like
leke Gabriel Collapse

What is ACN problem in Ladoja going to PDP, This shows that they are afraid of him returning to PDP
9 hours ago
2 Likes
Michael Abiodun Olakanmi Collapse

Rather in the contrary they(ACN) are his mother meant well for Ladoja.However,he can decide to choose the part(y) of dishonor and pay dearly for it.I think they say once bitten twice shy.

(Edited by a moderator)
35 minutes ago
in reply to leke Gabriel
Otunbadapo Collapse

leke ACN is not afraid of OBJ nor Ladoja joining PDP but try and remember our elder will say two hands is better than one.
2 hours ago
in reply to leke Gabriel
mosovie Collapse

The PDP is only looking for someone to use as a platform to get back into government house in Oyo State. Ladoja had better listen and hearken to the voice of his aged mother. I say so because what an elderly person sees sitting down can only be seen by the younger one when he climbs up a tree. He is better off doing business with ACN with a track record of development and sound welfare programmes for the citizens of the state. May God deliver this nation from the strangle hold of the PDP.
7 hours ago
1 Like
Kinsly Collapse

Politicians transfering like football players! But to the highest bidders of course!
2 hours ago
Kesta Dolue Collapse

if ladoja returns to pdp, i will personally see him as NO body.mama, you don't have to beg him, he is man enough to decide.we are waiting.
3 hours ago
OmoEkun Collapse

Seduction by deceit succeeds only once. Eating pounded yam with the enemy at mamy market is an old cheap soldier trick. No politician worth his salt will fall mugu.
9 hours ago
EngrFunshoAlabi Collapse

Everybody should be reminded of an adage that says "If you buy a goat, you will be rebuked that you buy bone, and if you trow it off, they will call you a waisteful person because you let off the meat". OBJ is a fellow to hate and love at the same time. But he is a man of destiny and such person needs to be followed because of his wealthy exposure and experience.
1 hour ago
in reply to OmoEkun
Ijukumo Collapse

Ladoja!!! Don't allow OBJ to destroy you the way he did to Atiku. Remember Tinubu did not fall or regard Obj as human being that is why SW stands solid and Tinubu is still very relevant today

(1) (Reply)

. / Thisday Newspapers Kicks Out Elrufai / PDP Going To War In 2015!- Tukur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.