Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

He's A Muslim - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / He's A Muslim (3754 Views)

20 Signs Of Weak Iman (Faith) in a Muslim / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 13, 2012
maclatunji:

Just seeing this (I had to sleep last night). Hmmm... Yes, I think I am.

Ok. do u want me to intervene? wink wink wink wink wink
Re: He's A Muslim by maclatunji: 9:23am On Apr 13, 2012
^LOL, sorry but I think you overrate your influence and/or persuasive abilities. She already thinks we schemed against her sometime in the past. Tell me how ridiculous you find that. We are derailing, that has to stop! I appreciate the offer but it will do more harm than good. Let us watch what time will unfold. As a Muslim, I accept all outcomes in good faith whether in my favour or not.

Now, OP you had better come out and stop playing 'lurker' on your own thread!
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 13, 2012
wed have to continue some where . we need to discuss this part 'She already thinks we schemed against her sometime in the past. Tell me how ridiculous you find that'
Re: He's A Muslim by maclatunji: 7:06am On Apr 16, 2012
OP, you asked a question and have runaway from the thread. What's up with that?
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 16, 2012
maclatunji: OP, you asked a question and have runaway from the thread. What's up with that?
Becos u didn't perform grin
Re: He's A Muslim by maclatunji: 1:25pm On Apr 16, 2012
toba:
Becos u didn't perform grin

Pardon?
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 16, 2012
maclatunji:

Pardon?
Paddy.

U guys killed what she had in mind by ruling out every possibility of making the union work out
Re: He's A Muslim by maclatunji: 2:27pm On Apr 16, 2012
Really? As far as I know nobody has said she cannot marry the guy. All I personally asked for is more details. When it comes to an issue like this, it has to be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. It might work for a few but I don't think it is advisable for most.
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 16, 2012
maclatunji: Really? As far as I know nobody has said she cannot marry the guy. All I personally asked for is more details. When it comes to an issue like this, it has to be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. It might work for a few but I don't think it is advisable for most.

As in my own case too? can it work?
Re: He's A Muslim by maclatunji: 3:38pm On Apr 16, 2012
toba:

As in my own case too? can it work?

That question was practically inevitable wasn't it? Anything is possible, I am not God that determines what happens or does not happen. All I and other Muslims have been telling you is that it is forbidden for a Muslim woman to marry a non-Muslim man. A Muslim man may marry a Christian or Jewish woman (many Muslims frown at this but it is a law we cannot change). So, you get my point. If the lady in question understands her religion, it won't happen!

Like my American friends will say: 'Get with the program." grin Na wah, the thing dey shack you to the point that talking about it keeps you going. Abeg, Christian girls come and save us from Toba and his Muslimah wahala. grin
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 16, 2012
should i respond? ok i would
maclatunji:

That question was practically inevitable wasn't it? Anything is possible, I am not God that determines what happens or does not happen. All I and other Muslims have been telling you is that it is forbidden for a Muslim woman to marry a non-Muslim man. A Muslim man may marry a Christian or Jewish woman (many Muslims frown at this but it is a law we cannot change). So, you get my point. If the lady in question understands her religion, it won't happen!

Like my American friends will say: 'Get with the program." grin Na wah, the thing dey shack you to the point that talking about it keeps you going. Abeg, Christian girls come and save us from Toba and his Muslimah wahala. grin
U guys re still missing the point.
Do u know that it's not God that placed the 'barrier' u guys are hammering on?

Also if u believe its God, does it mean God is partial?
Re: He's A Muslim by maclatunji: 6:32pm On Apr 16, 2012
^Absolutely! Are JAMB/WAEC/SCHOOlS partial when they say someone has passed and another has failed? Afterall, everybody has a brain and can think why not 'love and accept' them for who they are? Let them pass.

Of course, you know that is not realistic. The Christian dogma that God is soft and does not punish is wishful thinking. God is extremely merciful and at the same time the most severe in punishment (of wrongdoers). And man is not the one to define right or wrong, good and bad. If we leave that to human beings, you have what the western world is becoming, a lost people drifting without an anchor.

Equality is not what the world is based on, it is based on Equity- okay?
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 16, 2012
naaaa. There are lots of fallacies in ur post
maclatunji: ^Absolutely! Are JAMB/WAEC/SCHOOlS partial when they say someone has passed and another has failed? Afterall, everybody has a brain and can think why not 'love and accept' them for who they are? Let them pass.
Im sorry cos i hold u in high regard but i must say that this is the most illogical comparison i've seen on NL.

Jamb has to do with a syllabus and also tell pple to read to pass. Those that failed probably didnt prepare well, cheated or failed to follow instruction. God's matter has got nothing to do with exam. Try again next time

Of course, you know that is not realistic. The Christian dogma that God is soft and does not punish is wishful thinking.
This is another erroneous submission. U are committing same error vedaxcool and deols are guilty of on the thread 'wanna go some where without a muslim' go review my response to the thread to correct ur erroneous position

God is extremely merciful and at the same time the most severe in punishment (of wrongdoers).
agreed
And man is not the one to define right or wrong, good and bad. If we leave that to human beings, you have what the western world is becoming, a lost people drifting without an anchor.
U are very wrong sir. Thats why we have rules, laws, constitution etc to govern and guide human conduct. The world isnt ruled by the bible or Quran. My boss sometimes overzealously act in situations and i have to accept his stance even though it may not be Biblical

Equality is not what the world is based on, it is based on Equity- okay?
agreed
Re: He's A Muslim by olawalebabs(m): 9:26pm On Apr 16, 2012
Mac and Toba, well done.
Re: He's A Muslim by maclatunji: 10:01pm On Apr 16, 2012
toba: naaaa. There are lots of fallacies in ur post Im sorry cos i hold u in high regard but i must say that this is the most illogical comparison i've seen on NL.

Jamb has to do with a syllabus and also tell pple to read to pass. Those that failed probably didnt prepare well, cheated or failed to follow instruction. God's matter has got nothing to do with exam. Try again next time
This is another erroneous submission. U are committing same error vedaxcool and deols are guilty of on the thread 'wanna go some where without a muslim' go review my response to the thread to correct ur erroneous position
agreed U are very wrong sir. Thats why we have rules, laws, constitution etc to govern and guide human conduct. The world isnt ruled by the bible or Quran. My boss sometimes overzealously act in situations and i have to accept his stance even though it may not be Biblical
agreed

Mr. Toba, God's matter has everything to do with an examination. This life sorry world is the ultimate examination! God has given us rules to follow. You are free to follow or not to follow them.

Those who follow the rules of an examination and work hard are likely to pass. Whilst those who try to cheat may fool their invigilators or even bribe them. However, it is obvious to the marker those who have cheated when he marks the scripts. When such cheaters fail, they complain that the marker or examining body is biased against them (For example, you complaining about this Islamic law that works against you).

Another rule is that you cannot teach other candidates during the exam but may do so even 1 hour before when the exam hasn't started. The implication of passing an exam is that you move forward whilst those who fail remain at the same level (more or less).

Consider yourself as someone who is writing the exam at the moment and you are calling the lady you 'love' so much to help you with some answers because you are in the same class and have interacted in group work- you consider her to be someone who should help you because of these things. However, she is obeying the rule of not communicating and helping another candidate whilst writing the examination (by turning your request down).

You are angry that she is not helping you but in reality she is doing the right thing. If you don't get this analogy the first time, read and re-read it until you do.
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 11:57pm On Apr 16, 2012
Those who says Allah is one of the three are pagans,which means christians of today are all pagans,no need of our men marrying pagans,still they won't listen.

1 Like

Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 19, 2012
maclatunji:

Mr. Toba, God's matter has everything to do with an examination. This life sorry world is the ultimate examination! God has given us rules to follow. You are free to follow or not to follow them.

Those who follow the rules of an examination and work hard are likely to pass. Whilst those who try to cheat may fool their invigilators or even bribe them. However, it is obvious to the marker those who have cheated when he marks the scripts. When such cheaters fail, they complain that the marker or examining body is biased against them (For example, you complaining about this Islamic law that works against you).

Another rule is that you cannot teach other candidates during the exam but may do so even 1 hour before when the exam hasn't started. The implication of passing an exam is that you move forward whilst those who fail remain at the same level (more or less).

Consider yourself as someone who is writing the exam at the moment and you are calling the lady you 'love' so much to help you with some answers because you are in the same class and have interacted in group work- you consider her to be someone who should help you because of these things. However, she is obeying the rule of not communicating and helping another candidate whilst writing the examination (by turning your request down).

You are angry that she is not helping you but in reality she is doing the right thing. If you don't get this analogy the first time, read and re-read it until you do.
Tales by moon light
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 19, 2012
uplawal: Those who says Allah is one of the three are pagans,which means christians of today are all pagans,no need of our men marrying pagans,still they won't listen.
tee tee. who are u calling Pagan?
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 12:55am On Apr 21, 2012
you and co
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 22, 2012
tee tee my durling. remember u were part of the team u now tag as pagans
Re: He's A Muslim by nene1: 2:33am On Apr 23, 2012
I don't understand why muslim men can marry non-muslim christian and jewish women while muslim women cannot marry non-muslim men. I am not saying I want to marry a non-muslim man as I want a husband who shares the same religion, but I have trouble understanding the partiality of this law. Whether the man or woman is not muslim, there is still a chance the children will not be muslim. It is a gamble with both so why is one ok and the other not? Actually the mother's influence is very powerful over the kids and she spends most of the time home with them. I know quite a few muslim men with non-muslim wives and NONE of those children turned out muslim, but that is just my experience. I have yet to see it. Anyway, I don't see why a muslim man would overlook all the muslim sisters and marry a woman who cannot teach his children anything about his religion. It just makes the marriage more difficult. I completely respect others religions but I think you add unncessary problems to a marriage by marrying someone of a different religion. There is not guarantee the other person will convert, and when they do many do it just to please the spouse and the in-laws. Many of these marriages with muslim men and non-muslim women usually end in divorce or the children do not become muslim. If a muslim man actually wants to pass on his religion to his kids, he should think carefully before marrying a non-muslim even though he is allowed. I do think a muslim guy should give priority to muslim sisters as we can only marry muslim men so our options are more limited. A muslim man marrying a non-muslim woman is one less husband for a muslim woman. We cannot marry a non-muslim man so it shrinks our marriage pool by muslim men choosing others. When I see a muslim man with a non-muslim woman, I can't help but wonder why he couldn't find ONE muslim woman to marry. Many of them just go by looks and sex when choosing a wife and don't think ahead when choosing a woman to marry. You have to remeber that the looks will fade and sex will get redundant after a while so you need other things to keep you together. Some men they just meet a pretty christian girl in college and they date, have sex, and do other haram premarital actions and their and then "falls in love" clouding his judgment. Then he decides to marry her. After the honeymoon period is over in the marriage, reality sers in. Also, men need to keep in mind that the qualities they want in the mother of their children when looking to marry. I can see why some muslimahs don't want to cover b/c they have to compete with all these non-muslimahs wearing these flashy and revealing clothes. They don't want to be overlooked.

I don't feel like a muslim guy has an excuse to marry a non-muslim woman as there is no shortage of muslim women. There is no charactersitic whether it is beauty or personality that you cannot find among the numerous muslim women in this world so why overlook them?
Re: He's A Muslim by maclatunji: 6:26am On Apr 23, 2012
^Awwww, that is so sweet. Although, you were moving towards a dangerous line at the beginning, I think you managed to draw yourself back and have posted quite intelligently. Single bros. in the United States, don't let this lady slip away without you at least making a declaration of interest O. She has some class written all over her and looks like someone who will grow into a very dedicated Muslimah in future (Insha Allah).
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 23, 2012
I noticed it too at the beginning of her post.
Re: He's A Muslim by nene1: 10:33pm On Apr 23, 2012
What was so "dangerous" about the beginning of my post?
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 11:37pm On Apr 23, 2012
You saying there is partiality in the laws of Allah.
Re: He's A Muslim by nene1: 12:30am On Apr 24, 2012
Oh no lol...Yeah I was trying to be careful not to sound like that. I can undertand why it is the man that is allowed to marry a non-muslim in a way I guess, but I just get jealous to see one of our muslim brothers with a non-muslimah lol....
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 24, 2012
nene1: Oh no lol...Yeah I was trying to be careful not to sound like that. I can undertand why it is the man that is allowed to marry a non-muslim in a way I guess, but I just get jealous to see one of our muslim brothers with a non-muslimah lol....
dont u think something is wrong with that?
Re: He's A Muslim by nene1: 11:36pm On Apr 24, 2012
toba:
dont u think something is wrong with that?

That is the point of my confusion in the first place. It is a slippery slope. I don't want to criticize my religion but at the same time I feel like everything in Islam favors men. Well at least the INTERPRETATIONS Since I am not a scholar, I cannot say their INTERPRETATIONS are wrong, but we do have to keep in mind that most scholars are men and very very rarely a women. It says women of the "people of the book" are lawful to them which they interpret to mean Christian and Jewish women. Maybe someone who is more knowledgeable can explain that verse better to me. It is difficult for me to understand why muslim men are allowed to marry a non-muslim woman at all expecially when muslim women are not. I just don't get why children with a muslim father vs. muslim mother are more likely to turn out muslim when many of these muslim men with non-muslim wives almost never have muslim children. I have NEVER seen it personally. I wonder if some muslim men like to twist these verses so they can marry whoever they want. It is great for muslim men. You can marry up to 4 and she doesn't have to be muslim. So many options for them.
Re: He's A Muslim by maclatunji: 12:15am On Apr 25, 2012
nene1:

That is the point of my confusion in the first place. It is a slippery slope. I don't want to criticize my religion but at the same time I feel like everything in Islam favors men. Well at least the INTERPRETATIONS Since I am not a scholar, I cannot say their INTERPRETATIONS are wrong, but we do have to keep in mind that most scholars are men and very very rarely a women. It says women of the "people of the book" are lawful to them which they interpret to mean Christian and Jewish women. Maybe someone who is more knowledgeable can explain that verse better to me. It is difficult for me to understand why muslim men are allowed to marry a non-muslim woman at all expecially when muslim women are not. I just don't get why children with a muslim father vs. muslim mother are more likely to turn out muslim when many of these muslim men with non-muslim wives almost never have muslim children. I have NEVER seen it personally. I wonder if some muslim men like to twist these verses so they can marry whoever they want. It is great for muslim men. You can marry up to 4 and she doesn't have to be muslim. So many options for them.

You fell for the bait!
Re: He's A Muslim by nene1: 1:40am On Apr 25, 2012
I didn't fall for anything. I knew what she was getting at. I did nt criticize the ruling, but just stating my difficulty understanding some things.
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 25, 2012
nene1:

Let me respond to u, seeing u as one of the non myopic few Muslims we have around.

Please dont let ur self to be brainwashed by failing not to ask questions on 'rules' or laws that are man made and not God made.

If u read my post on this thread, i've asked all Muslims concerned to show me from the quran where GOD or Allah directly told Muslim men to marry Christian women and the same Allah now told the women not to marry outside their religion.

Its pure lopsidedness and selfishness on the part of some of these scholars. Like u rightly said, why is the law so biased towards women? Are the men more human than the women?

There are so many BS that comes along with Religion.

Pls don't be brainwashed. God didn't tell any Muslim woman not to marry a Christian Man. Its pure ignorance and man made selfish rule that brought about all these BS.

Look at some of the texts coming from Boko Haram, Some of them claim they are fighting for God by killing God's pple that haven't done any evil against them. They even quoted the Quran to back up their devilish acts. Can we then say becos they Quoted the quran, they are doing the right thing by killing innocent pple? Try to liken this to the so called push by ignorant muslims that women shouldnt marry outside their religion.

I've spoken to more enlightened muslims outside the forum and they are willing to Marry anyone provided that person believes in God.

See my bro, they'll go ahead with such Marriages and nothing would happen therafter.

Im still waiting to read the part in the quaran where God himself said, 'Oh Muslims don't marry Christians for ur daughters'
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 25, 2012
maclatunji:

You fell for the bait!

Why are u like this? I've tolerated u by giving u the benefit of a doubt, not aligning with several Muslims and non Muslims that [b]criticize u for the funny behaviour u seldom exhibit on N[/b]L.

I just hope ur online character is quite different from ur real world character

SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Common Ramadan Questions and Answers / Some Fact Abt Shitte Muslim Sect / Sadaqa Is A Reason For The Increase In Provision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.