Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

He's A Muslim - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / He's A Muslim (3751 Views)

20 Signs Of Weak Iman (Faith) in a Muslim / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

He's A Muslim by ARINDEOMOLADE(f): 4:28pm On Apr 04, 2012
He is abdul-fuhad by name,..but am a christain..do u think we are compartible'??
Re: He's A Muslim by tbaba1234: 7:33pm On Apr 04, 2012
Muslim men are permitted to marry people of the book (Jews and Christians), And you are allowed to practice your religion freely. I see no problem here.

What do you know about Islam? Have you tried learning about it?
Re: He's A Muslim by maclatunji: 7:38pm On Apr 04, 2012
ARINDE OMOLADE: He is abdul-fuhad by name,..but am a christain..do u think we are compartible'??

Details! Details!! Details!!! Tell us about the two of you and what the issues so far are.
Re: He's A Muslim by deols(f): 8:24pm On Apr 04, 2012
tbaba1234: Muslim men are permitted to marry people of the book (Jews and Christians), And you are allowed to practice your religion freely. I see no problem here.

I heard an athar of Ali (r.a) where he said the people of the book mentioned in the Qur'an are the monotheists rather than the trinitarians of today meaning a Muslim man shouldnt even be married to the christians of today. Havent seen it ever ever though. Just stating

1 Like

Re: He's A Muslim by BIGERBOY1: 8:56pm On Apr 04, 2012
deols:

I heard an athar of Ali (r.a) where he said the people of the book mentioned in the Qur'an are the monotheists rather than the trinitarians of today meaning a Muslim man shouldnt even be married to the christians of today. Havent seen it ever ever though. Just stating

Am not an expert but I think the Quran acknowledged the trinity doctrine in christaindom although it refutes it, but they are still pple of the book.

'OH PPLE OF THE BOOK DONT GO TO EXTREMES IN YOUR RELIGIONS AND DON'T SAY ANY THING ABOUT ALLAH EXCEPT THE TRUTH, VERILY JESUS THE SON OF MARY WAS A MESSENGER OF ALLAH AND A WORD PRECEEDING FROM HIM........ AND DON'T SAY TRINITY........,' Quran - nisa'i
Re: He's A Muslim by tbaba1234: 8:57pm On Apr 04, 2012
deols:

Well, it is permissible in the Islamic religion for a Muslim to marry a woman from the People of the Book (Christain or Jew) if she is chaste (i.e. of high moral character) and virtuous, as Allaah has stated in the noble Qur'aan

"This day are (all) things Good and pure made lawful unto you. The food of the People of the Book is lawful unto you and yours is lawful unto them. (Lawful unto you in marriage) are (not only) chaste women who are believers, but chaste women among the People of the Book, revealed before your time, when you give them their due dowers, and desire chastity, not lewdness, nor secret intrigues (girlfriends or lovers)..."

The issue of the trinity is one many scholars ignore when it comes to marrying a christian woman: We know trinitarians existed in the time of the prophet. It is however preferable to marry a muslim because trinitarians are considered disbelievers because they took partners to Allah:

“Certainly they DISBELIEVE who say: Surely Allah is the third (person) of the three (as in a trinity); and there is no god but the one God, and if they desist not from what they say, a painful chastisement shall befall those among Them who disbelieve.” (5:73)

Their deviant beliefs does not mean they are not people of the book. Wa Allahu Alim.

I think the most important thing is the understanding of bringing the children up in the deen.
Re: He's A Muslim by deols(f): 12:06pm On Apr 05, 2012
@Bigger boy and tbaba1234, thank you guys. I agree with you.
Re: He's A Muslim by Miroslavklose: 8:20pm On Apr 05, 2012
tbaba1234: Muslim men are permitted to marry people of the book (Jews and Christians), And you are allowed to practice your religion freely. I see no problem here.

Im trying not to start this already over flogged issue. This' partiality of the highest order
Re: He's A Muslim by Miroslavklose: 8:22pm On Apr 05, 2012
ARINDE OMOLADE: He is abdul-fuhad by name,..but am a christain..do u think we are compartible'??
Op. just come and marry me Jeje. Im abul Waheed Alzakawi grin
Re: He's A Muslim by maclatunji: 8:32pm On Apr 05, 2012
^Guy, you wan kill me laughter this evening.
Re: He's A Muslim by olawalebabs(m): 6:22am On Apr 08, 2012
@Tbaba, I agree with muslim men marrying the people of the book, but for those ladies to keep their religion is what am confuse about. There's an hadith that state that Men (as the head of the family) will give account of his family. i.e man is responsible for his immediate family actions and inactions. (wife inclusive)
Re: He's A Muslim by maclatunji: 6:44am On Apr 08, 2012
^I suppose that suggests to the man that it is in his best interest to convince his wife to become a Muslim. That does not mean that he will not make it to paradise if she doesn't. However, it does mean that when it comes to accounting for his wife's religion, he will fail. His station would obviously be gravely threatened if his children turn-out to be non-Muslims which is highly likely.

I tend to think that love is essential in any marriage. If a Christian or Jewish woman truly loves a Muslim man and he wants her that much, I think it is imperative for him to lovingly show her the beauty of Islam and gently bring her into its fold.
Re: He's A Muslim by tbaba1234: 6:58am On Apr 08, 2012
If a muslim man marries a non-muslim woman, He cannot compel her to change her religion:

The Quran states that there is no compulsion in religion... Even when early Muslims captured lands; the people were allowed to practice their religions freely under Muslim rule.

Religion must come from the heart... No one carries the burden of the other:::

The man must not force converting on her, because that is haram (prohibited).

The man remains the head of the house and should fulfil his rights to her and their children. He should gently help her learn about the deen. He should pray because as the Quran says We cannot guide the one we love. Only Allah guides.
Re: He's A Muslim by deols(f): 5:23pm On Apr 08, 2012
marrying a nonMuslim woman is a big gamble.

1 Like

Re: He's A Muslim by olawalebabs(m): 5:51pm On Apr 08, 2012
deols: marrying a nonMuslim woman is a big gamble.
real gamble. But the sisters too make it inenvitable at times
Re: He's A Muslim by deols(f): 6:07pm On Apr 08, 2012
^^ how?
Re: He's A Muslim by maclatunji: 6:31pm On Apr 08, 2012
olawalebab: real gamble. But the sisters too make it inenvitable at times
olawalebab: real gamble. But the sisters too make it inenvitable at times

I wouldn't say that they make it inevitable but I am seeing a pattern where Muslim sisters seem to forget that you have to bond with a man and fail to recognize that the fact that you share the same religion does not mean that you are a robot without emotional needs. Is that what you are saying?

I don't know: maybe it is a difficult balance to maintain. I mean being emotionally expressive within religious boundaries but it seems that it is a major issue.
Re: He's A Muslim by olawalebabs(m): 6:37pm On Apr 08, 2012
we've trash this out in a thread. No need repeating myself here.
deols: ^^ how?
we've trash this out in a thread. No need repeating myself here.
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 08, 2012
tbaba1234: If a muslim man marries a non-muslim woman, He cannot compel her to change her religion:

The Quran states that there is no compulsion in religion... Even when early Muslims captured lands; the people were allowed to practice their religions freely under Muslim rule.

Religion must come from the heart... No one carries the burden of the other:::

The man must not force converting on her, because that is haram (prohibited).

The man remains the head of the house and should fulfil his rights to her and their children. He should gently help her learn about the deen. He should pray because as the Quran says We cannot guide the one we love. Only Allah guides.

u might end up being my friend by the time im fully set to return to NL. U seem to be a rational and reasonable muslim. Thats how your fellow muslims here have been preventing a holy union
Re: He's A Muslim by maclatunji: 7:55pm On Apr 08, 2012
^I am smiling only because if I LOL, people around me will think I am running mad!
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 08, 2012
worever man. No matter how u look at the issue at hand, im still right. The more u look the less u see.

Abi werent u part of those that didnt allow the holy union
Re: He's A Muslim by maclatunji: 8:31pm On Apr 08, 2012
^Dude you are the one who has refused to see the light O. I am not in a position to prevent any lady from saying yes to you. All I can do is state what my religion says about such a relationship.

I urge you to study Islam and accept it if your mind sees the truth in it. Maybe then, the lady in question might not be so far of.
Re: He's A Muslim by olawalebabs(m): 9:16pm On Apr 08, 2012
toba, welcome back. Really miss you in this section.
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 08, 2012
maclatunji: ^Dude you are the one who has refused to see the light O. I am not in a position to prevent any lady from saying yes to you. All I can do is state what my religion says about such a relationship.

I urge you to study Islam and accept it if your mind sees the truth in it. Maybe then, the lady in question might not be so far of.
see. remember we are human beings with feelings and emotions. I dont think we created ourselves or told God what se.e.x he should create us. We need to apply wisdom and caution in all things. what has religion got to do with love and emotions? What are the xteristics we want in a partner?

education, humility, looks and above all believe and fear of God. all other things are irrelevant. I dont have to practice a certain religion in order for me to be eligible to study for my PHD. do i?
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 08, 2012
olawalebabs. thanks. Hope i meet u guys well. how's acada?
Re: He's A Muslim by olawalebabs(m): 9:37pm On Apr 08, 2012
toba: olawalebabs. thanks. Hope i meet u guys well. how's acada?
giving thanks to the almighty. Pls, how do you do this 'sabbatical' from nairaland
Re: He's A Muslim by deols(f): 10:03pm On Apr 08, 2012
olawalebab: we've trash this out in a thread. No need repeating myself here.we've trash this out in a thread. No need repeating myself here.

seriously? I cant remember that. Kindly repeat it or post the link.
toba: u might end up being my friend by the time im fully set to return to NL. U seem to be a rational and reasonable muslim. Thats how your fellow muslims here have been preventing a holy union shocked shocked

i wonder why anyone would prevent a holy union. they must be bad people grin grin
Re: He's A Muslim by maclatunji: 10:15pm On Apr 08, 2012
toba: see. remember we are human beings with feelings and emotions. I dont think we created ourselves or told God what se.e.x he should create us. We need to apply wisdom and caution in all things. what has religion got to do with love and emotions? What are the xteristics we want in a partner?

education, humility, looks and above all believe and fear of God. all other things are irrelevant. I dont have to practice a certain religion in order for me to be eligible to study for my PHD. do i?

So, do you think you stand a chance with her going by all of this your sermonising? You might think you are liberal but in any game, you have to play by the rules. The same religion that has shaped her into the 'fine damsel' that you seek is what you seek to draw her away from. I know, she can practice her religion you say. I say she cannot because Islam is not a religion. It is a way of life!
Re: He's A Muslim by shedraq1: 12:19am On Apr 09, 2012

Be truthful, this is a lie?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Conversation With An Atheist / Some Fact Abt Shitte Muslim Sect / Muslim: How Is It Possible For Jesus To Live As A Human Being In Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.