Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? (9003 Views)

Can You Help Us Find Nigerians Outstanding 10 Of 2013? / Nairaland's Most Uncivilized Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by acidtalk: 5:52pm On Apr 04, 2012
It is a norm no Nigerians to always jump queues and be in a hurry in everthing they do.

An avearage Nigerian feels he/she is wiser and smarter when they avoid queuing up at the Banking Hall, Eatery, Gas Station, ATM points, Event/show, Cinemas e.t.c

Nigerians where do you get most irritated when people do not want to obey simple rules and morals, mine regulalrly happens at the Banking Hall and Eatery were I have to correct people to behave civilized irrespective of their age and status.

s
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 04, 2012
Nigerians are just uncivilised in everywhere! They cross well trimed lawn when there is clearly a walk way laid out, because they think it will waste their time following the walkway! In a five minute trafic hold up, you will simply see a normal two lane road become four lanes with everybody huting their car horns and raining abuses on each other! Nigerians never beleive in queing and waiting patiently for their turn, they will either jump the que and still feel superior doing so or they try to bribe the person charge to put them infront and they feel they are then the smartest. Hum, Nigerians!

2 Likes

Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by bittyend(m): 7:20pm On Apr 04, 2012
The Nigerian mentality is uncivilized, especially the eurocentric coons.
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by LailaIkeji1: 7:27pm On Apr 04, 2012
lol. come on guysss. nigerians are not that bad naaa. we are improving oo.

1 Like

Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by acidtalk: 7:49pm On Apr 04, 2012
Laila Ikeji: lol. come on guysss. nigerians are not that bad naaa. we are improving oo.

Shooooor!!! Getting better or getting worse.

Go to eateries like Tastee Fried Chicken where there's always a long queue, see Nigerians rushing like they are begging for the food which will be given to them free of charge. Whereas they are paying their hard earned cash.

An average Nigerian is just impatient.

3 Likes

Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by Brixtonyute(m): 7:53pm On Apr 04, 2012
The word 'Nigeria' itself is uncivilized, just as most of the educated Nigerians are uncivilized.

The only civilized Nigerians are the ones living in the Villages who can think critically.

Most of the educated Nigerians act "civilized" but civilization is not about mimicking, it's about creating something unique based on your consciousness.

I rest my case.

6 Likes

Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by DisGuy: 7:59pm On Apr 04, 2012
on the road!! always quick to press the horn like its a toy!!

driving is horrendous!! you don't need special training to just follow the car in front of you in one single lane

the 2 second rule has no meaning to most drivers
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by Jakumo(m): 8:15pm On Apr 04, 2012
Nigerians are generally at their most uncouth when aboard international flights, or in foreign airports. They hiss like serpents, or purse their lips and make squealing noises to attract the attention of cabin crew, NEVER say "please" or "thank you" for anything, and leave the entire cabin looking like the aftermath of a food fight by the end of each flight.

Bellowing at deafening volume on their cell phones as they try and barge into the front of long orderly passenger lines in airport terminals, Nigerians are also hard to miss between flights, where their presence is usually marked by enormous floor-to-ceiling mountains of "hand luggage", most of which is unceremoniously taken off the loudly protesting travelers and tossed in the hold where it belonged in the first place.

Other than these minor quibbles, Nigerians are very cultured and urbane ha ha.
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by antartica(m): 8:18pm On Apr 04, 2012
I learnt nigerians always give way to oyinbos in queues at supermarkets as if oyinbos are gods in nigeria.

Animals,that is why they are religious,they don't know what it is to be humans.
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by acidtalk: 9:00pm On Apr 04, 2012
Jakumo: Nigerians are generally at their most uncouth when aboard international flights, or in foreign airports. They hiss like serpents, or purse their lips and make squealing noises to attract the attention of cabin crew, NEVER say "please" or "thank you" for anything, and leave the entire cabin looking like the aftermath of a food fight by the end of each flight.

Bellowing at deafening volume on their cell phones as they try and barge into the front of long orderly passenger lines in airport terminals, Nigerians are also hard to miss between flights, where their presence is usually marked by enormous floor-to-ceiling mountains of "hand luggage", most of which is unceremoniously taken off the loudly protesting travelers and tossed in the hold where it belonged in the first place.

You are 100% on point.

Even if there are a millions blacks, you can depict the ones that are Nigerians amongst them

1 Like

Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by acidtalk: 9:03pm On Apr 04, 2012
antartica: I learnt nigerians always give way to oyinbos in queues at supermarkets as if oyinbos are gods in nigeria.

Animals,that is why they are religious,they don't know what it is to be humans.

This is also very correct.
Go to Goodies Supermarket, Pack and Shop, the Palms and even the Interbational airport. You will be irritated at the way even koreans, chinese and pakistans are given preferential treatment at the detriment of fellow Nigerians. I see it though that its all inferiority complex playing out.
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by Callotti: 10:51pm On Apr 04, 2012
Definitely ONLINE! kiss
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by Yeske2(m): 9:03am On Apr 05, 2012
Jakumo: Nigerians are generally at their most uncouth when aboard international flights, or in foreign airports. They hiss like serpents, or purse their lips and make squealing noises to attract the attention of cabin crew, NEVER say "please" or "thank you" for anything, and leave the entire cabin looking like the aftermath of a food fight by the end of each flight.

We ain't that bad abeg.
LWKMD.
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 05, 2012
did you all read that thread on the female margistrate that ordered the arrest and beating of journalists? thats another example of barbaric and uncivilised behaviour of the so called educated Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by Dyamante(f): 9:50am On Apr 05, 2012

lol this remindes me of an incident where a nigerian lady was aboard on a plane and when she was given the food she hissed and said that she does not eat baby chicken and wants the mother hen..i found that soo funny
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by relagze: 9:54am On Apr 05, 2012
they urinate in almost every open space. u'll see stickn dere sh*t out in the public while dey empty dere bladder. God dis is disgusting and uncivilized
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by freecocoa(f): 10:00am On Apr 05, 2012
Na wa o,una don finish us o but seriously most of what's been said here is true,the incivility level of many Nigerians is really alarming.

Try going to banks on a very busy day,that's when you'll get a clear picture of what's been said.
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 05, 2012
They eat Ewa gonyi(Togo beans)anyhow and anyplace. Disguisting and so uncivilized.
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by rman: 10:04am On Apr 05, 2012
Roads :drivers and their way of driving)
Banking halls: Jumping ques, calling staffs they know to attend to them when obviously it is not their turn.
Airports: Bringing everyone from the family and friends to crowd departure lounge, noise making etc
Bus stops: Pushing and shoving to get on buses with regard for elderly people, physically disadvantage people or school kidds (Lagos is notorious of this)
Public toilet use: Can't even talk about this.
Political office holders: We all know, all these corruption is reflection of lack of civilization

The most uncivilized place (in terms of peoples behaviour) in Nigeria goes to Lagos. Where is everyone rushing to?

2 Likes

Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by freshmoney(m): 10:04am On Apr 05, 2012

Hope you are not referring to my wife. Every other day we are traveling, and we seem to have around free 90kg baggage allowance, she would make sure she arrange all the traditional food she can get at the time frame- garri, yam flour, meat, dry fish, locust beans, baby food, weave on, make-up sad, and when all these are arranged, I would only be left with around 6kg for my personal belongings sad Thank God for the free hand luggage smiley I believe many people will be pitying me at the airport wheneven they see me carrying those heavy luggage as if I am a weight lifter cheesy Anytime we are traveling, it's a big headache for me. I believe many married men here will be experiencing the same phenomenon.

2 Likes

Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by babaowo: 10:16am On Apr 05, 2012
Brixtonyute: The word 'Nigeria' itself is uncivilized, just as most of the educated Nigerians are uncivilized.

The only civilized Nigerians are the ones living in the Villages who can think critically.

Most of the educated Nigerians act "civilized" but civilization is not about mimicking, it's about creating something unique based on your consciousness.
...... We have too many illitrate educated people.
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by babaowo: 10:19am On Apr 05, 2012
cogitoErgo: Nigerians are just uncivilised in everywhere! They cross well trimed lawn when there is clearly a walk way laid out, because they think it will waste their time following the walkway! In a five minute trafic hold up, you will simply see a normal two lane road become four lanes with everybody huting their car horns and raining abuses on each other! Nigerians never beleive in queing and waiting patiently for their turn, they will either jump the que and still feel superior doing so or they try to bribe the person charge to put them infront and they feel they are then the smartest.
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by AnswerKnapp: 10:21am On Apr 05, 2012
Everywhere they go when they leave Nigeria and in Nigeria aswell - okay - Everywhere
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by dagreen14: 10:24am On Apr 05, 2012
Yea I rem. on our way to the departure lounge I found myself carrying 3 hand luggage and my infant son and wife carrying about 4hand luggage as well after we have checked in about 90kg. ..when we are only suppose to be carrying 1 hand luggage each...believe me I had no idea what’s in the hand luggage’s, if you had seen me at the time, you would have hissed at us or given us some really nasty look......I was about to scream for help instead I started given my woman an attitude...and I kept saying I will never travel with you again...Nigerian woman with packing is ridiculous..I think
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by fesse(f): 10:24am On Apr 05, 2012
In the Banking hall - they jump ques, make noise,receive and make calls on top of their voices
Buses - throwing out left overs, all sorts of dirty things
At airports - making noise, jump ques, push, abusing
Bus stops - pick-pockets, rushing, pushing, accusing, abusing
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by manmustwac(m): 10:29am On Apr 05, 2012
Here ib london noigerians aa fond of walking out of long queues (like post offices and banks) ask someone to save thier space and come back later sometimes even after the person saving their space has even left and cause arguments with other customers because they think it is their god given right to walk back in front of the queue. angry
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by freshmoney(m): 10:32am On Apr 05, 2012
fesse: In the Banking hall - they jump ques, make noise,receive and make calls on top of their voices
Buses - throwing out left overs, all sorts of dirty things
At airports - making noise, jump ques, push, abusing
Bus stops - pick-pockets, rushing, pushing, accusing, abusing

You are telling me you ,Fesse, don't make noise on top of your voice especially when you are talking with your debtor or maid-servant/guard man? wink It's our culture abeg
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by dagreen14: 10:34am On Apr 05, 2012
freshmoney:

Hope you are not referring to my wife. Every other day we are traveling, and we seem to have around free 90kg baggage allowance, she would make sure she arrange all the traditional food she can get at the time frame- garri, yam flour, meat, dry fish, locust beans, baby food, weave on, make-up sad, and when all these are arranged, I would only be left with around 6kg for my personal belongings sad Thank God for the free hand luggage smiley I believe many people will be pitying me at the airport wheneven they see me carrying those heavy luggage as if I am a weight lifter cheesy Anytime we are traveling, it's a big headache for me. I believe many married men here will be experiencing the same phenomenon.

Yea I rem. on our way to the departure lounge I found myself carrying 3 hand luggage and my infant son and wife carrying about 4hand luggage as well after we have checked in about 90kg. ..when we are only suppose to be carrying 1 hand luggage each...believe me I had no idea what’s in the hand luggage’s, if you had seen me at the time, you would have hissed at us or given us some really nasty look......I was about to scream for help instead I started given my woman an attitude...and I kept saying I will never travel with you again...Nigerian woman with packing is ridiculous..I think
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by Mynd44: 10:37am On Apr 05, 2012
The biggest is when you see a mother carrying her child and crossing a four lane road UNDER A PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by freshmoney(m): 10:40am On Apr 05, 2012
dagreen14:

You're right my man. We, however, have no choice than to bear our burden. Though, our women are sometimes erratic in behavior, but we can't do without them. After several years in marriage, I learned that our wives are more or less like our mothers smiley May God give us the strength to take care of them and children. It's not an easy thing my broda smiley.

2 Likes

Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by Lagusta(m): 10:43am On Apr 05, 2012
yorke: They eat Ewa gonyi(Togo beans)anyhow and anyplace. Disguisting and so uncivilized.

na wa ooh, when sensible pple r talkin about banking halls nd airports sum1 dey mention ewa goyin!!!
Anyway, 2me d most uncivilized thing about Nigeria is when they bend down to poop on d main street. Even ladies r no saints to this...

1 Like

Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by dagreen14: 10:44am On Apr 05, 2012
freshmoney:

You're right my man. We, however, have no choice than to bear our burden. Though, our women are sometimes erratic in behavior, but we can't do without them. After several years in marriage, I learned that our wives are more or less like our mothers smiley May God give us the strength to take care of them and children. It's not an easy thing my broda smiley.

Amen....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Mr.cork And 190 / Fuel Tanker Collides With Trailer In Lagos / Gurusbase.com Is Now Gurusbase.net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.