Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,881 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? (9008 Views)

Can You Help Us Find Nigerians Outstanding 10 Of 2013? / Nairaland's Most Uncivilized Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by Emylexray(m): 2:02pm On Apr 05, 2012
Nigerians are so uncivilised!...i was walking on the street a certain morning...a lot of people were just walking so fast such that i couldn't even find my feet, suddenly a man stopped in fury and said : why is everybody always in a hurry in lagos??..and the irony of it all is that, they work so hard, but earn peanuts.
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 05, 2012
freshmoney:

You're right my man. We, however, have no choice than to bear our burden. Though, our women are sometimes erratic in behavior, but we can't do without them. After several years in marriage, I learned that our wives are more or less like our mothers smiley May God give us the strength to take care of them and children. It's not an easy thing my broda smiley.

Nice one.......sooner or later, u'd be glad u made d 'hand-luggage' sacrifice....cos if its eba, u'll eat from it.
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by PeeBee: 2:32pm On Apr 05, 2012
agabaI23: I have been wondering but now I know I am not alone.
A guy will be patient in all the queues in Europe and immediately he steps down at MMA, he wants to jump immigration queue stat
Like Jarus, I hate [B] the horning from drivers just because they cannot be patient for 2 seconds. A little traffic jam and someone wants to break the rules. Then he blocks other people's way and we have a gridlock. The same person will start cursing everybody. It's all crazy. [/B]
Its really crazy, especially with these commercial vehicles, some go as far as dropping/picking passengers at the middle of the road.
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by pafm247: 2:40pm On Apr 05, 2012
You will them everywhere in the world!
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by PeeBee: 3:17pm On Apr 05, 2012
agabaI23: I have been wondering but now I know I am not alone.
A guy will be patient in all the queues in Europe and immediately he steps down at MMA, he wants to jump immigration queue stat
Like Jarus, I hate the horning from drivers just because they cannot be patient for 2 seconds. A little traffic jam and someone wants to break the rules. Then he blocks other people's way and we have a gridlock. The same person will start cursing everybody. It's all crazy.
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by blackboi(m): 4:06pm On Apr 05, 2012
school, bank, fuel station
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by mikeapollo: 4:27pm On Apr 05, 2012
It is this uncivilised behaviour couple with criminal tendencies of some Nigerians abroad, especially in recent times, that has made some countries to be wary of Nogerians. I pointed out this fact in a thread on why Ghanaains/SAfricans hate Nigerians and some people were being sentimental and emotional abou the truth.

In the papers today, Abike Dabiri was lamenting that 457 Nigerians are languishing in prisons in Brazil as a result involvement in drug trafficking and other crimes.
We all know crime is not restricted to Nigeria/Nigerians alone, but the tendency of Nigerians committing crime in foreing countries is alarming. There is crime in South Africa,Ghana ete but hardly do you see many South Africans/Ghanaians committing crime in US/Europe/Canada/Brazil/India etc the way Nigerians are involved.

We have an attitude problem, and some people still expect other countries to worship or praise us just because we are 150m in population! Unrealistic

1 Like

Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by duke4ever: 4:27pm On Apr 05, 2012
Everywhere, especially anoying are majority of Nigerians shouting into the ear piece of their phone thinking that they'll get heard instead of the mouth piece. Consummate Neanderthals!!!
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by Bertbert: 4:41pm On Apr 05, 2012
The country as a whole is uncivilized in electricty
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by Afam4eva(m): 4:50pm On Apr 05, 2012
Nigerians need to be thought good manners and etiquette. Nigerians are the most impatient sons and daughters of biatches you can ever come across. Especially driver who never want to stop their vehicle when they see a child or an elderly person crossing the road. Instead they want to maneuver their way out of there.

I think the rude and unorderly nature of some Nigerians have made others to partake in such show of show of shame because being a gentleman does not exactly take you places in Nigeria. You have to fight for anything and everything. If you don't fight, you're seen as weak and not a typical Nigerian. So, Nigeria means "Uncouth and uncivilized".
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by DisGuy: 5:48pm On Apr 05, 2012
Yup!

shame because being a gentleman does not exactly take you places in Nigeria. You have to fight for anything and everything. If you don't fight, you're seen as weak and not a typical Nigerian. So, Nigeria means "Uncouth and uncivilized".
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by jspac(m): 6:20pm On Apr 05, 2012
mkpologwu: Guys u r missing d most annoying uncivilized thing abt niggarias: falling inside stew/soup pots at eatery trying to point which meat they want! I've witnessed this severally even among the wealthy ones in five star eateries! Especially yoroboahs!! Shame!!!
Na that one dey vex me pass angry
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by jspac(m): 6:30pm On Apr 05, 2012
duke4ever: Everywhere, especially anoying are majority of Nigerians shouting into the ear piece of their phone thinking that they'll get heard instead of the mouth piece. Consummate Neanderthals!!!
LulZ cheesy
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by Esejojo: 6:53pm On Apr 05, 2012
The best place that the uncivil and uncouth nature of Nigerians are glaringly showcased is undoubtedly NAIRALAND!!

Many a time, I cringe in shame and disgust at the level of uncouthness and crudeness that is the norm on Nairaland. This is especially so given the fact that millions of non-Nigerian also have access to Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by mercurie(f): 6:55pm On Apr 05, 2012
[b][/b][color=#770077][/color]Try cum'n 2 my school in ph(a university) u'll see faeces around, even in new buildings, inside d gutters beside d lawns. Its so disgusting
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by kelz88(f): 9:07pm On Apr 05, 2012
OMG!! cry

If I were the girls I'll pay those guys back. . . even if it means chopping their dixks off or sending ga[i]y[/i] guys to an[i]a[/i]lly r[i]a[/i]pe them.
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by basher(m): 10:04pm On Apr 05, 2012
kelz88: OMG!! cry

If I were the girls I'll pay those guys back. . . even if it means chopping their dixks off or sending ga[i]y[/i] guys to an[i]a[/i]lly r[i]a[/i]pe them.

Sad thing is that those guys feel absolutely justified in what they are doing. Women in Nigeria are subjected to acts like this, and even worse, on a daily basis. Society just turns a blind eye. It's a "man's world".

1 Like

Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by Nobody: 12:24am On Apr 06, 2012
In organizability and approach to development.
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by 1k001(m): 11:29am On Apr 06, 2012
Nairaland!
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by agabaI23(m): 5:41pm On Apr 06, 2012
PeeBee:
Its really crazy, especially with these commercial vehicles, some go as far as dropping/picking passengers at the middle of the road.
You are very right
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by kuntama: 9:40pm On Apr 06, 2012
Jakumo: Nigerians are generally at their most uncouth when aboard international flights, or in foreign airports. They hiss like serpents, or purse their lips and make squealing noises to attract the attention of cabin crew, NEVER say "please" or "thank you" for anything, and leave the entire cabin looking like the aftermath of a food fight by the end of each flight.

Bellowing at deafening volume on their cell phones as they try and barge into the front of long orderly passenger lines in airport terminals, Nigerians are also hard to miss between flights, where their presence is usually marked by enormous floor-to-ceiling mountains of "hand luggage", most of which is unceremoniously taken off the loudly protesting travelers and tossed in the hold where it belonged in the first place.

Other than these minor quibbles, Nigerians are very cultured and urbane ha ha.

Great post.
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by achukwunet(f): 10:15pm On Apr 06, 2012
ROME! That's where. When I went back home in 2010, my family and I were separated: My parents and younger sister flew straight to Lagos while my sister and brother and I were flown off to Rome, then to Lagos. Here's Why:

1) Nigerians in Rome are cuhrazy!!! My sister and I I guess you can say are oyinbos, so the men on the flight were taking pictures of us. People we didn't even know!

2) While we were taking off, people suddenly remembered that they had to use the bathroom and make emergency phone-calls (no emergencies, they were perfectly fine)

3) About 3 hours into the flight, many people had to use the restroom. (We were sitting in the veeeeeery back) Fights broke out about who was where first and who's time to use the bathroom was more important.

4) Uncontrolled children crying loudly and the parents not doing anything to quiet them up.

5) An hour prior to landing, a woman started to make a phone-call during the flight. When a male flight attendant came up to ask her if she wanted the entire plan to crash, she got even more upset with him, saying he should let her make her call. (She never did make that call)

6) As we were about to land and the lights for "Seat-belts On" flashed on, everyone sat down. 2 seconds later, a woman got up, saying she had to use the bathroom. When a female flight attendant asked her to sit, she was angry, saying she was "Pressed". (She sat down)

7) The plane was squeaky clean when we boarded. As we we're leaving, there was goat meat on the floor, rice everywhere, chin-chin that had been stepped onto so much it was ground into the floor.

Worst Flight of my Life. Not all the people on the flight were bad, but a good majority
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by acidtalk: 7:57pm On Jun 18, 2012
achukwunet: ROME! That's where. When I went back home in 2010, my family and I were separated: My parents and younger sister flew straight to Lagos while my sister and brother and I were flown off to Rome, then to Lagos. Here's Why:

1) Nigerians in Rome are cuhrazy!!! My sister and I I guess you can say are oyinbos, so the men on the flight were taking pictures of us. People we didn't even know!

2) While we were taking off, people suddenly remembered that they had to use the bathroom and make emergency phone-calls (no emergencies, they were perfectly fine)

3) About 3 hours into the flight, many people had to use the restroom. (We were sitting in the veeeeeery back) Fights broke out about who was where first and who's time to use the bathroom was more important.

4) Uncontrolled children crying loudly and the parents not doing anything to quiet them up.

5) An hour prior to landing, a woman started to make a phone-call during the flight. When a male flight attendant came up to ask her if she wanted the entire plan to crash, she got even more upset with him, saying he should let her make her call. (She never did make that call)

6) As we were about to land and the lights for "Seat-belts On" flashed on, everyone sat down. 2 seconds later, a woman got up, saying she had to use the bathroom. When a female flight attendant asked her to sit, she was angry, saying she was "Pressed". (She sat down)

7) The plane was squeaky clean when we boarded. As we we're leaving, there was goat meat on the floor, rice everywhere, chin-chin that had been stepped onto so much it was ground into the floor.

Worst Flight of my Life. Not all the people on the flight were bad, but a good majority

Nigerian's are just quite uncivilized.
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by jaymdee(m): 5:13am On Jun 19, 2012
Brixtonyute: The word 'Nigeria' itself is uncivilized, just as most of the educated Nigerians are uncivilized.

The only civilized Nigerians are the ones living in the Villages who can think critically.

Most of the educated Nigerians act "civilized" but civilization is not about mimicking, it's about creating something unique based on your consciousness.

I rest my case.

True!
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by smsgrouper: 11:06pm On Jun 19, 2012
All of una wey dey talk..una no be nigerians..yu do some of these things you post ere na
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by achukwunet(f): 6:18am On Jun 21, 2012
acidtalk:

Nigerian's are just quite uncivilized.

and they seem to not have a problem with it
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by agabaI23(m): 12:53pm On Jun 22, 2012
Dis Guy: on the road!! always quick to press the horn like its a toy!!

driving is horrendous!! you don't need special training to just follow the car in front of you in one single lane

the 2 second rule has no meaning to most drivers
Very irritating. The second point is the reason why we can hardly see a car without a scratch in Nigeria even if it was procured newly
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by acidtalk: 9:35pm On Jun 24, 2012
agabaI23:
Very irritating. The second point is the reason why we can hardly see a car without a scratch in Nigeria even if it was procured newly

That's why a whole lot of people avoid buying brand new cars, because especially in Lagos they will make the car look like 10th hand used in less than 2years.
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by tpia1: 6:39pm On Nov 12, 2012
Hard to tell which part is most uncivilized.

On the internet, i'd say nairaland.

Apes and baboons seem to be opening and commenting on threads. undecided
Re: Where Do You Find Nigerians Most Uncivilized? by acidtalk: 11:55am On Nov 15, 2012
Apes and Baboons kwanu?
Okay wait make them catch you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fuel Tanker Collides With Trailer In Lagos / 5 Nigerian Secret Societies You Should Know About / Why Mr.cork And 190

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.