Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Imo State Govt Goes Igbotic?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State Govt Goes Igbotic?? (1359 Views)

I Suspect Igbotic Mods Are Attacking Me With Anti Spambot / Benue Militant Who Submitted 84 Guns To The State Govt / Patience Jonathan Goes Igbotic Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo State Govt Goes Igbotic?? by nanos: 7:15pm On Apr 04, 2012
PRESS RELEASE: Imo State Government renames monumental projects.
by ADMIN on Apr 4, 2012 • 9:44 AM No Comments
In a practical demonstration of the words of the national anthem which states that “the labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain”, the Imo State government has named several monumental projects under construction in the state after prominent Imolites who contributed to the development of the state.

Governor Okorocha said that action was taken “in recognition of the pioneering roles of these personalities honoured, in the development of the state”

In a marathon meeting of the state Executive Council, members approved that the main Exco Chambers should now be known as Ndubuisi Kanu Chamber for his role as the pioneer Military Governor of Imo State under whose administration, the master plan of Owerri as the state capital was made.
The Council also endorsed that the newly built Multipurpose Hall should be known as Sam Mbakwe Chamber in recognition of his role as first civilian Governor of Imo State and giant developmental strides witnessed in the state during his tenure.
Also, the Council approved the proposed 23-floor Five Star Hotel, Owerri to be known as ‘The Crystal”.
The proposed Five Star Hotel in Orlu to be known as “The Prince”, while that of Okigwe to be known as “The Queen”.

The proposed 110-metre Monumental Tower [Hand of God], to be known as “Akachi” while the buildings housing the Deputy Governor and that of the wife of the governor, to be known as “Twin House”.
The Council also approved that the recently reconstructed and refurbished Commissioners’ Quarters to be known as “Council Court”, while the newly built Guest Houses behind the State High Court to be known as “Odenigbo Guest House”.
The proposed Freedom Square, People’s Embassy, Imo International Conference Centre are to retain their names while the former Imo Hotels as reconstructed to be renamed as “Royal Guest House”.

The proposed 16 storey buildings are to be known as “Imo Renaissance Court” while the proposed Ecumenical Centre is to be known as “Amarachi”. The proposed Shopping Mall complex is to be known as “Adaure”.
Governor Okorocha pledged to accelerate the completion of these projects to ensure that Imo State becomes an industrial hub and a reference point for development in Africa.
Chinedu Offor
SSA Media to the Governor
4th April, 2012

http://www.imostateblog.com/2012/04/04/press-release-imo-state-government-renames-monumental-projects/?fb_comment_id=fbc_10150650263518174_22053960_10150650343278174#f23c1c91c7ad77a
Re: Imo State Govt Goes Igbotic?? by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:45pm On Apr 04, 2012
All these are commendable projects and plans, but when will we start seeing something concrete on ground? Never mind ground breaking to commence construction works- i'd be a bit satiated at this point just to see the models and renders of some of these projects planned.

And the Governor should please try and attract more investors and diasporan Ndigbo to come and invest in Imo, so all these planned projects (and more in the pipeline) can be put to good use and serve as a springboard to accelerated economic, industrial and tourist growth.

He's making the right moves and i like his pro-active and bullish nature, but i'd declare uhuru only when i start seeing something concrete i can hold on to.

Nice one though. smiley
Re: Imo State Govt Goes Igbotic?? by aljharem(m): 8:51pm On Apr 04, 2012
Roachas my man, keep going we are behind you !!!
Re: Imo State Govt Goes Igbotic?? by AndreUweh(m): 9:54pm On Apr 04, 2012
I believe Owelle's advisers lacks ideas. Why must structures be named after politicians. How about those that has contributed in other aspects of life in Igboland or Nigeria.
Professor Adiele Afigbo has done a lot of work in history and culture of Imo state and Igboland yet nothing has been named after him. Even in his native Okigwe the hotel and other structures are not even named after him.
How about Dick Tiger, Michael Echeruo, Ben Uwajumogu, RBK Okafor Nwakamma Okoro
Also how about Sir Warrior of the oriental brothers band; Gringory of New masquerade who died recently, or Claude Ekeh-Jegede Sokoya etc.
Chioma Ajunwa, Mobi Oparaku, Uche Eucharia etc are all from Imo state.
The man who wrote the first Igbo literature (Omenuko) that is still read today in Imo state-Pita Nwana is a forgotten man.
Am laughing at Okorocha's advicers. Shameless bunch.
Re: Imo State Govt Goes Igbotic?? by LailaIkeji1: 10:53pm On Apr 04, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
All these are commendable projects and plans, but when will we start seeing something concrete on ground? Never mind ground breaking to commence construction works- i'd be a bit satiated at this point just to see the models and renders of some of these projects planned.

And the Governor should please try and attract more investors and diasporan Ndigbo to come and invest in Imo, so all these planned projects (and more in the pipeline) can be put to good use and serve as a springboard to accelerated economic, industrial and tourist growth.

He's making the right moves and i like his pro-active and bullish nature, but i'd declare uhuru only when i start seeing something concrete i can hold on to.

Nice one though. smiley

i totally agree wt u Proud Igbo. Am from Imo state n last tym i was home, i was so impressed. i just pray he doesnt disappoint us like Jonathan did. i was the happiest imo state chq wen Rochas won the elections. May God be wt him. There are few projects but many igbo heroes and heroines.
Re: Imo State Govt Goes Igbotic?? by Yeske2(m): 9:09am On Apr 05, 2012
Really don't see anything Igbotic here.
Re: Imo State Govt Goes Igbotic?? by 13volts(m): 9:46am On Apr 05, 2012
maybe your igbolatic gene is low or adulterated
Re: Imo State Govt Goes Igbotic?? by pistol: 10:46am On Apr 05, 2012
Very nice though the hotel names had me cracking up,the prince,the queen,wat abt the king nah.
All these project he is initaiting are nice and commendable though i fear for their completion.
He should stop awarding new contracts but rather finish the ones already on ground esp all the road projects..Life is all abt stages least he accures to the state a deficit and gives the coming generation a burden they cant carry

(1) (Reply)

40 Problems Affecting Nigeria / Women Declares : Very Soon We Will March Unclad In The Street ?( Picture) / Igbos Groups Argue Over Un Application;shape Of Things To Become Of Biafra?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.