Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? (26460 Views)

How To Trade Forex Successfully Without Loss / Is It Ethical To Study Your Competitor’s Strategies? / Can I Trade Forex With Alpari Using Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by Ideraolu: 10:41am On Apr 05, 2012
Can Christian Trade FOREX!

Considering the similarity some have tagged to Forex trading i.e: Gambling, is it ethical for Christians to trade Forex without spinning the verses of the bible?

These may be an opportunity to educate others that want to know more.

Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by izeek(m): 1:11pm On Apr 05, 2012
It has nothing whatsoever to do with christianity, forex just like any business venture deals with the simple act of demanding and supplying. U simply have made a honest gain by supplying @ a price higer than you have purchased @ the time.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by yamakuza: 1:20pm On Apr 05, 2012
IMHO, if you can buy shares/stocks as a Christian, you can trade Forex too. Even though speculation is involved.

I'm more bothered about Binary Options, Fixed Odds, Sports Betting and the likes. Those ones appear to have gone past the grey zone.
Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by limitbreka: 1:23pm On Apr 05, 2012
Forex can never be gamble. I thought my pastor how to trade forex and I'm proud to say that he makes Ğoº°˚°ºϑ Money out of forex monthly. I personally can't do without forex.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by mkmyers45(m): 1:23pm On Apr 05, 2012
yamakuza: IMHO, if you can buy shares/stocks as a Christian, you can trade Forex too. Even though speculation is involved.

I'm more bothered about Binary Options, sports betting and the likes. Those ones appear to have gone past the grey zone.
For you to gain someone has to lose isn't that cheating? What does the bible say about betting?
Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by Lollysbride: 1:28pm On Apr 05, 2012
Great thread [img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by emsquare(m): 1:29pm On Apr 05, 2012
yamakuza: IMHO, if you can buy shares/stocks as a Christian, you can trade Forex too. Even though speculation is involved.

I'm more bothered about Binary Options, Fixed Odds, Sports Betting and the likes. Those ones appear to have gone past the grey zone.

Hmmmm!!!
Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by mkmyers45(m): 1:29pm On Apr 05, 2012
limitbreka: Forex can never be gamble. I thought my pastor how to trade forex and I'm proud to say that he makes Ğoº°˚°ºϑ Money out of forex monthly. I personally can't do without forex.
is gambling a sin?
Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by denzel2009: 1:30pm On Apr 05, 2012
limitbreka: Forex can never be gamble. I thought my pastor how to trade forex and I'm proud to say that he makes Ğoº°˚°ºϑ Money out of forex monthly. I personally can't do without forex.

duh, he has more donations to gamble innit?
Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by ZUBY77(m): 1:36pm On Apr 05, 2012
This scam Pastors have confused all of you. Now you hediots believe that everything is sin. Trade forex, make money and give it to your pastor. Tell him how you made the money and hear what he will have to say.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by MyVicky: 1:41pm On Apr 05, 2012
As far as I am concerned, buying shares/stocks/bond is similar to FOREX trading. To even take it further, it is like buying and selling normal day to day goods and services ; they all involve a certain level of risk and speculations! If a Christian can buy shares, buy and sell goods and services, then he/she can trade FOREX !!!
Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by Reference(m): 2:09pm On Apr 05, 2012
Any action without due diligence as pertaining to knowledge, planning and risk assesment is tantamount to gambling and perhaps you call it sin. So whether you trade forex, stocks or bonds, whether you are a loan officer in the bank, whether you are into pure water business, entering politics to elected offices or a general leading his troops against Boko Haram, the laws remain the same. If you are not diligent in any endeavour then some other inordinate force drives you. Diligence is the key to satiation on any matter, it sets the limits greed and ensures the dynamics of proper productive work is kept.

So it is not only what you do that determines what is right or wrong but the motive, the approach, preparation and execution. These will determine whether you are in business or just playing with your life or the lives, money or opportunities of others.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by scopusng(m): 2:15pm On Apr 05, 2012
Forex is all about 'online'currency trading. Except you want to tell me that anybody on the street buying and selling dollars or any other curencies are great sinners. The yearly highest donnor at christ embassy is a forex trader. Abeg, make I hear word jare.
Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by Reference(m): 2:24pm On Apr 05, 2012
Taking it further home to the poster, I don't think there's much of a difference between a man who takes his life savings to Vegas and camps around a slot machine with a pastor who wakes up in the morning, does no study, does no research and his entire motive is towards the offerings to be taken on sunday. Should we assume because his profession is noble we should assume he is not sinning, his church is not called Las Vegas, his pulpit a roulette table and his congregation are not gambling chips.
Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 05, 2012
This question is akin to one that reads "Is it ethical for Christians to have a life?"
Since life in itself, is a risk and gamble...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by Reference(m): 2:53pm On Apr 05, 2012
Another dimension. The bible says: 'My people perish due to lack of knowledge'. Also it says, 'the wages of sin is death'. So anything that isn't backed by knowledge has one end alone - death. Not surprising that if I had the knowledge of all the cards held at the blackjack table, I would be there for weeks having a good time while the family of my competition will be signing the funeral register.
Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 05, 2012
Let us not over-spiritualise everything. There is nothing wrong in trading forex. It involves an element of risk (just like any other business), so forex traders need to be smart people and do lots of research. Absolutely nothing wrong with forex trading.

Even things like spread betting and sports betting is not a sin. There is a limited amount of risk involved in anything you do, even AAA rated securities do have some risk elements. The whole thing is about using wisdom and not gambling with huge amounts that if you lose, you become unable to provide for your family. I am a Christain living in the Uk and I play the national lottery once every month. It costs only £1 to play. I have never won but £1 every month does not affect me at all. The odds are completely against me so I will invest next to nothing.
Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by Esinwaju: 2:57pm On Apr 05, 2012
what sort of dumb question is this? angry
Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by pafm247: 3:05pm On Apr 05, 2012
To be honest most of the ways to make money via the internet tends to be more of blackhat
Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 05, 2012
which kain rubbish and dumb question be this? You for ask say can a christian go to school. na by force create thread?
Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by bigiyaro(m): 3:11pm On Apr 05, 2012
This is the bumbest question ever asked on NL.Anybody who says forex is gambling is just displaying his or her deep ignorance about forex. As far as am concern,forex is just like any other buying and selling bizness,which ofcos if u dont know shit about it you will completely lose out
Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by Fxwarrior: 3:13pm On Apr 05, 2012
FOREX IS NEVER GAMBLING.IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR LEVEL OF EXPERTISE.I AM A CHRISTIAN AND AM HAPPY TO BE A FOREX TRADER.Forex trading is a LEGAL business.It is not yahoo yahoo.You seem to be confusing it.
Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by dannox: 3:17pm On Apr 05, 2012
Trading forex is NOT gambling.Banks and Big financial institutions used to trade forex.Now because of internet that why people with less capital can trade forex..

http:///GK6ZCX

http:///HrO9mS

danny1670@gmail.com
Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by Martini101(m): 3:23pm On Apr 05, 2012
These Nairaland Moderators re all confirmed Idio*s! I wonder D type of Post dat makes it to d Frontpage these days! @ OP. Why nt ask once again if it is 'ethical for a Christian to live in abject poverty!'. Go and take ur siesta jor
Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by garnetty(m): 3:37pm On Apr 05, 2012

As a prospective Forex Trader, i don't think being a Christian or a Muslim has gotten anything to do with Forex Trading. It is just like any other form of biz. It is risk-oriented and requires strong speculation as it is in stock trading. In all businesses, it is either you make profit or loss at the expense of others and vice versa. It has nothing to do with religion.

@ limitbreka...please i need your help on the basic rudiments of forex trading. At the moment, i have a demo/practice account but needs someone to put me through on the essential features on the platform. Please my e-mail address is awesome_garnet76@yahoo.com. Thank you in advance. Hope to read from you soon. goes

@ Fxwarrior...please same goes to you. Your expertise is highly solicited. This is what i have always craved for. Thank you.
Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by pssword: 3:46pm On Apr 05, 2012
Is Forex trading not about buying low and selling high to make a profit? How is this gambling - na wa ohh!
Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by fnk: 4:12pm On Apr 05, 2012
Forex like every other business is about buying and selling, just that in this case, you are trading currency. If you get a good training at http://cjfranklin.myuprizesite.com/ and have a good software that can help you with your trade, you can mitigate your lose and actually make a lot of money doing that at uprize.com after your training which comes with a demo account and an Intellitrader software, when you go life, with just an account of $2k, you can average about $100/day in your trading.
Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by bernabc: 4:44pm On Apr 05, 2012

Hello, can u also teach me how to trade forex? I need it pl. Email me @ bernard4ve@yahoo.com Thanks
Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by frenchman2: 5:08pm On Apr 05, 2012
If it's ethical to trade forex?

since when has it become sin buying and selling goods and services?

I eat, drink and sleep forex.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with trading forex.
Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by walecrox(m): 5:13pm On Apr 05, 2012
mkmyers45: is gambling a sin?
I don't count it sin, buh the fact that a pastor does one thing or the other does not guarantee that he/she(pastor) is right or not doing against Gods will. Just follow your mind. If you have no guilt conscience in so doing, then go ahead.
Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by Damolux01(m): 5:28pm On Apr 05, 2012
ℓ do think one's motive for trading is what matters...tho have always felt like OP about forex too...but ℓ can trade iτ cuz have always had interest in iτ...
Re: Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? by namdo(m): 5:53pm On Apr 05, 2012
enough said already. just ask for closure of wallstreet, NSE and also close all stock brokerage firms if forex is gambling ;

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth / IMF: Global Economy In Recession Worse Than 2009 / Ongoing Remodeling Of A-Line In Ariaria International Market, Aba (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.