Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms (7225 Views)

2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs / NDLEA Intercepts Cocaine Concealed In Tins At Lagos Airport (Photo) / Two Isis-bound Nigerians Arrested In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by stepo707: 10:49am On Apr 05, 2012
During a world press conference in Lagos recently, Chairman and Chief Executive of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Alhaji Ahmadu Giade, had warned of a new wave of drug couriering among Nigerians. The anti-narcotics Czar had warned that drug couriers were getting more sophisticated by the day, but promised that the agency would match the criminals technology for technology. This may have started yielding results as two Nigerians were arrested at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos, while arriving from Venezuela.

The two Nigerians, Christian Chidi Ejimbe and Innocent Oluchukwu Egbo, may have blazed the trail in the illicit business of drug trafficking in the history of the country. They were found to have ingested liquid cocaine neatly wrapped inside male condoms. The two drug couriers were detected by the aid of scanning machine at the arrival hall of the airport. Both of them arrived from Venezuela with Emergency Travel Certificate aboard South Africa Airline flight
First to be so apprehended was Ejimbe, a native of Anambra State. Ejimbe, 32, attended Good Shepherd Nursery and Primary School at Nnewi, In Anambra State and Federal Government College Okigwe, Imo State. After his secondary school education, Ejimbe moved up north to the University of Maiduguri from where he graduated in 2002. After his graduation, Ejimbe sought for job but could not lay his hands on any. He then moved to Venezuela for pastures new. He had been living in Caracas, capital of Venezuela for eight years now.
Ejimbe could be classified as one of the few lucky Nigerians resident in the South American nation. No sooner had he settled down there than he got a lecturing job with a language school where he teaches English Language. Ejimbe is reportedly well remunerated in the work he does in Venezuela, but greed and avarice would not allow him concentrate on his job.
Ejimbe, a bachelor, had planned to bid farewell to bachelorhood by middle of this year, but this may not be after all as he awaits arraignment in court for his crime. the promise of N4 million, the offer appeared irresistible for Ejimbe and volunteered to come to Nigeria, his fatherland, using the novel method of couriering drugs. When the aircraft bearing him landed at the Lagos airport, and passengers were made to pass through scanning machines at the entry point, he was picked out of the lot for close observation. It was later discovered that Ejimbe swallowed 54 wraps of same oily cocaine weighing 1.350kg and concealed in his stomach.
In his confessional statement, Ejimbe, who claimed he needed a lot of money for his forth-coming wedding celebration, which really led him to the illicit business, maintained that his Venezuelan sponsor assured him that he would never be caught as the scanning machines in Nigeria are obsolete while the men manning would be fooled by the new technique being employed.

“It is unfortunate that this has happened to me. I work as a teacher in Venezuela where I am well paid, but I realized that I need a lot of money for my coming wedding. So when they approached me for the deal, I naturally fell in because of the monetary offer. My intention was to get married and settle down,” Ejimbe said.
Egbo, 43, who arrived with an Emergency travel certificate number 00000600, had also been living in Venezuela for 10 years. He attended Ogbete River Primary School, Coal Camp, Enugu, in Enugu State. Egbo, married with two kids told anti-narcotics operatives that he was also assured that Nigeria’s scanning machines would not detect liquid drugs inside condoms. He claimed the assurances given him by his sponsors made him give in to the offer. He was made to ingest 70 wraps of drug using water.
According to the father of two, “The Venezuelan who gave me the drug told me that it will be difficult for machine to detect liquid cocaine that is ingested. I ingested 70 wraps of the drug, weighing 2 kg, using water because I was desperate. It is not that drug trafficking is a good thing but I wanted to solve my personal problem. They promised to pay me the sum of 6,000 dollars.” Reacting to the latest challenge to the anti-drug campaign, Giade who maintained that the efforts would continually be made to rid Nigerian of drug couriers and their sponsors, said: “The agency will continue to press for strict punishment for drug traffickers. The risk they take is equally a concern to us. Anti-drug enlightenment programmes will be tailored towards exposing the inherent risk in drug trafficking.”
Mitchell Ofoyeju, spokesman for the NDLEA told Saturday Mirror that the two suspects would soon be charged to court.

http://www.nigerianewstoday.com.ng/nigerians-based-venezuela-arrested-lagos-ingesting-liquid-cocaine-concealed-condoms/
Re: Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by achi4u(m): 11:11am On Apr 05, 2012
sorry my brothers.Ejimba,atleast you should've settle down with the amout you make at that school.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 05, 2012
What is wrong with taking your wife to a court, wedding her there, then telling ur pastor to bless your union? Or maybe taking a few friends out and having some snacks as a reception?

But no. Igbo man wanno do big traditional marriage with big canopy and invite all his age group so that they can see that he is now a big boy from overseas and impress his wife's people. Africa and its tradition of greed and poverty.

The mgbeke girl has now become 'my fellow widows'. Mu he he he he he he he.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by Callotti: 1:15pm On Apr 05, 2012
Hmmmmmmmmmm!!!
Na wah o!

The two Nigerians, Christian Chidi Ejimbe and Innocent Oluchukwu Egbo, may have blazed the trail in the illicit business of drug trafficking in the history of the country. They were found to have ingested liquid cocaine neatly wrapped inside male condoms. The two drug couriers were detected by the aid of scanning machine at the arrival hall of the airport. Both of them arrived from Venezuela with Emergency Travel Certificate aboard South Africa Airline flight.

Na real 'Portland Trail Blazers'!
Re: Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by maclatunji: 1:47pm On Apr 05, 2012
I think it is safe to say that when a liquid is put into a container, it stops being 'liquid' for the purposes of detection of a scanning machine.
Re: Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by Yeske2(m): 3:09pm On Apr 05, 2012
See what greed does to desperate people.
Re: Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by asoebi(m): 3:17pm On Apr 05, 2012
Well person we dey carry cocaine and person wey dey loot money na the same, Cos I am very sure that this two people were not the only once carrying the said substance during their search, But they were only caught cos they do not have the right clearance from the Big Boys that are controlling the activities of the Air port.

@the two guys, the deed has already been done, so i guess its time to serve your punishment, but if it was greed (as claimed) that brought you into this mess, then all u got to do is to serve your punishment with soberness, learn your lesson and then move on CUS SUCH IS LIFE. Good luck in your future endeavor.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by DAY12(m): 3:19pm On Apr 05, 2012
Naija dis, naija dat. una neverr tire sef.

***quickly rush back to my cartoon network***

Re: Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by pistol: 3:19pm On Apr 05, 2012
Dis bluethoot na olodo.
We should just discourage the vice not trying to tie d trade to a particular ethnic group.
Every ethnic group is represented in this type of trade and it is a product of a society that attaches too much importance on material things
Re: Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by pistol: 3:20pm On Apr 05, 2012
Dis bluetooth na olodo.
We should just discourage the vice not trying to tie d trade to a particular ethnic group.
Every ethnic group is represented in this type of trade and it is a product of a society that attaches too much importance on material things
Re: Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by eghost247(m): 3:21pm On Apr 05, 2012
Sad part is some will never learn
Re: Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 05, 2012
pistol: Dis bluetooth na olodo.

Abeg. . . . . . . .let's call a spade a spade jare and stop deceiving ourselves.
Re: Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by asoebi(m): 3:30pm On Apr 05, 2012
despicable beasts even though we keep deceiving ourselves that you are part of Nigeria,you are disappointment to your ethnic group.I hope the sun can stop rising from the east and shift to the sun.

Are you not tired of this yet,
Cos the last time I checked this same act can be committed by any one, irrespective of what tribe or religion.

So bros its high time you check your post and correct your wrongs cos that your post to me is meaningless
Re: Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by emsquare(m): 4:56pm On Apr 05, 2012
You can Imagine

pDude: What is wrong with taking your wife to a court, wedding her there, then telling ur pastor to bless your union? Or maybe taking a few friends out and having some snacks as a reception?

But no. Igbo man wanno do big traditional marriage with big canopy and invite all his age group so that they can see that he is now a big boy from overseas and impress his wife's people. Africa and its tradition of greed and poverty.

The mgbeke girl has now become 'my fellow widows'. Mu he he he he he he he.
Re: Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by Martini101(m): 6:46pm On Apr 05, 2012
Bros. Make U leave Bluetooth now. Askin him to stop being tribalistic is like using 'OMO' to wash cloth witout expecting any foam! {anaghi amu aka ekpe n' nka}.
Re: Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by Martini101(m): 6:48pm On Apr 05, 2012
Bros. Make U leave Bluetooth now. Askin him to stop being tribalistic is like using 'OMO' to wash witout expecting any foam! {anaghi amu aka ekpe n' nka}. For d drug couriers, U guys hav broken d golden rule 'dont get caught'. So make una go serve. Simplico
Re: Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by ekwynwa1: 6:55pm On Apr 05, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Abeg. . . . . . . .let's call a spade a spade jare and stop deceiving ourselves.

Like this?

Dulles heroin bust: Woman ingested nearly five pounds of heroin pellets, authorities say

March 21, 2012 - 10:44 am

Customs and Border Patrol officials say that a woman who was caught at Washington Dulles International Airport having ingested nearly[b] five pounds worth of heroin pellets represents the largest bust of it's kind in the airport's history[/b] shocked.

Officials say[b] Adebisi[/b] ingested nearly five pounds of heroin. (Photo: Customs and Border Protection)
On March 14, officials say that 52-year-old Bola Adebisi arrived at Dulles from Nigeria on an Ethiopian Airlines flight. During a routine patdown by Customs agents, officials noticed that her stomach was abnormally rigid.
Upon secondary questioning and inspection, Adebisi was unable to give the address, phone number or physical description of a brother she said she was staying with.

Adebisi was then taken to an area hospital, when an x-ray detected a large amount of abnormal objects in her abdomen, at which point she began passing pellets, authorities say. She remained in the hospital expelling the suspected drugs for about three days.

Once doctors said all 180 pellets were out of Adebisi's body, officials say she had passed 4 pounds 12 ounces worth of heroin. Officials say it had a street value of about $150,000.

The record bust eclipses the previous one set in late March of 2011, when a Nigerian man was caught with just over four pounds of heroin pellets ingested.
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/03/dulles-heroin-bust-woman-ingested-nearly-five-pounds-of-heroin-pellets-74025.html

https://www.nairaland.com/898117/nigerian-set-new-heroin-ingestion/3#10449113
Re: Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by ekwynwa1: 7:00pm On Apr 05, 2012
@ Bluetooth take a look cheesy

Re: Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by Ignatio(m): 7:23pm On Apr 05, 2012
Does it mean that Nigerian demand for coke is increasing?
Re: Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by maclatunji: 8:11pm On Apr 05, 2012
^I think that it was to test this their 'new format' across our airports to see if it would be detected. Our intelligence agencies need to wake up. After terrorism, the next big threat to Nigerian security from beyond our borders are the drug cartels of Latin America.

We should not take what is happening in Mexico and Columbia lightly.
Re: Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by MSItachi: 8:13pm On Apr 05, 2012
Ignatio: Does it mean that Nigerian demand for coke is increasing?

Now thats a meaningful post.
Re: Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by member479760: 8:46pm On Apr 05, 2012
Another biancar don sen that one to prison!
Re: Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by ifyalways(f): 8:55pm On Apr 05, 2012
Greed and nothing more.A teacher probably earning a decent wage but ojukokro don land am for wahala.

No pity for them.stuupidly do the crime,do the time squarely.
Re: Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by ekwynwa1: 9:01pm On Apr 05, 2012
nakedall: Another biancar don sen that one to prison!

the way Mrs Hannah Idowu Dideolu Awolowo sent many to commit suicide
Re: Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by Yeske2(m): 9:26pm On Apr 05, 2012
Are some eediots going tribalistic, make we start?
Re: Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by marke: 4:31am On Apr 06, 2012
Our intelligence agencies need to wake up. After terrorism, the next big threat to Nigerian security from beyond our borders are the drug cartels of Latin America.[img]http://www.filii.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by Nobody: 6:50am On Apr 06, 2012
Hmmm Nigeria will never learn
Re: Nigerians Arrested In Lagos For Ingesting Liquid Cocaine Concealed Condoms by UKBobo(m): 10:10am On Apr 06, 2012
These two Igbo guys like money trop. Rather than work hard in Venezuela and allow the locals to see the dignity, hard work and morality of a good Nigerian. They descend into the morass of avarice and soil our reputation. Na sharia time for drug mules, couriers and more importantly...suppliers!

(1) (2) (Reply)

White Woman Gives Birth To Black Baby, Accuses Husband Of Cheating / What Type Of Gun Is This(picture) / Remember This Boy That Was Being Hailed As D.p.o'?see What Police Have Done To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.