Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,018 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? (13277 Views)

Why Are We Not Supposed To Eat Meat On Ash Wednesday And Fridays During Lent? / Good Friday: Is Abstaining From Meat Superstitous Or Biblical? / Eating Meat On Good Friday! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by rezzy: 11:56pm On Apr 05, 2012
I eat meat anyday anytime whether good friday or not. I think thats the catholic belief.
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by Goshen360(m): 12:02am On Apr 06, 2012
Eating meat or not? All religious garbage. Was man created for meat or meat created for man?.

I see some Christians still getting their living only from first Adam and enslaved in the religious har.lot system.

So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. 1 Corinthians 15:45.

"Come out from among them" saith the Lord. 2 Corinthians 6:17, Rev. 18:4
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by Salvation001(m): 12:10am On Apr 06, 2012
bennyraz: Na hungry no beat una! As 4 me, na d day to eat goat pepper soup.
i don already buy chicken 4 dis friday.
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by queensmith: 12:50am On Apr 06, 2012
Try and stop me, TGI Jack daniels ribs. . . God forbid I DON'T eat meat tommorow!
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by JoeMosco(m): 12:57am On Apr 06, 2012
It is more than mere abstinance from meat..... It involves a decision to avoid occassions of sin, make a little sacrifice, just for one day of those things that give you pleasure. Anyway, dont worry, if you don't believe in it because it is a matter of faith, but dont condem it either
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by freecocoa(f): 12:58am On Apr 06, 2012
I don't eat any other meat save for chicken and kpomo on good fridays.
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by Pakavy(m): 1:20am On Apr 06, 2012
zilon12: There is this myth or should I say believe in the Christendom that its a sin for one to eat meat on Good friday.... Whats your take
cant rememba specificaly where dat is written in d bible at such me go chow flesh

1 Like

Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by Pakavy(m): 1:22am On Apr 06, 2012
Joe Mosco: It is more than mere abstinance from meat..... It involves a decision to avoid occassions of sin, make a little sacrifice, just for one day of those things that give you pleasure. Anyway, dont worry, if you don't believe in it because it is a matter of faith, but dont condem it either
yes sir.i go lem meat
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by emmykk(m): 2:31am On Apr 06, 2012
1st most pple that say 'is it in d bible' are agumentators and dont even practise those things that are in the bible.
2nd meat means leave what u prefer most like those things u like best.ur meat are-sex,internet addition lik facebook or 2go,beer, football worship,gossip 4 women,stop fish if u use 2 eat fish in ur meal.this is what not eating meat means on good friday

1 Like

Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by Cheggoon(m): 4:06am On Apr 06, 2012
i eat meat,bt dnt eat fresh meat on fridays.....
But fresh meat na stilll meat...?
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by femmy2010(m): 5:07am On Apr 06, 2012
i do
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by brainchild78(m): 5:18am On Apr 06, 2012
such connotation hasnever been sited in the bible and is simply a paganistic practice adopted by the roman apostate catholistic institution. Christ's aim was to abolish hypocrytical religious practices (especially those practised during the Mosiac era) and inculcate spiritual & Godly relationship practices instead.
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by Callotti: 5:21am On Apr 06, 2012
No. . .I don't eat red meat. Period! kiss
Nothing to do with Good Friday or Bad Saturday.
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by mamagee3(f): 6:11am On Apr 06, 2012
I eat meat on good fridays, I've never thought about the myth surrounding it

I think it's merely a superstitious belief.
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by emmalets(m): 7:40am On Apr 06, 2012
italo:

If you like you can abstain from the day you are born until you die, nobody will stop you. Neither would it be a sin.

Afterall most of you against abstinence from meat, I'm sure, have never eaten snakes and frogs. That is also abstinence for your whole lives. Afterall God said we can eat everything. And you can easily kill a frog and eat.

If it were Catholics who said "don't eat frogs and snakes", you people would start to say we are practising things not in the Bible.
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by oluMyderz(m): 8:00am On Apr 06, 2012
confused religion created by Mr paul himself= CHRITIANITY smh
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by DECOtech(m): 8:04am On Apr 06, 2012
italo:

I will prove it. As soon as you prove to me that Pastors owning airlines is Biblical. *waiting*
Aarrrgh!!! ...u don talk d one wey touch me!
Pastors owning airlines are the same as Reverend Fathers owning universities oh!
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by DECOtech(m): 8:06am On Apr 06, 2012
italo:

I will prove it. As soon as you prove to me that Pastors owning airlines is Biblical. *waiting*
Pastors owning airlines are the same as Reverend Fathers owning schools and universities oh!
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 06, 2012
liet4u:
so after esther u dont abstain again

So if u believe in fasting.do u fast all year round? Dummy!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by italo: 8:50am On Apr 06, 2012
DECOtech:
Pastors owning airlines are the same as Reverend Fathers owning schools and universities oh!

My question is, should we say that they are sinning because what they are doing is not written plainly in the Bible?
Kamsy10:

So if u believe in fasting.do u fast all year round? Dummy!!!!!

More than a dummy. Even a dummy would boast about being better than that person.

1 Like

Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by Tropilo(m): 9:03am On Apr 06, 2012
kelz88: I'm Catholic but I will eat meat on Friday if I see.

I don't think little stuff like that will make God like me any less. MChhewwwwwwwww!

My dear, u dint need to hiss. Nobody has said GOD will hate u if u eat meat. Its not a sin to eat meat on those days, i doubt if its even a sin not to fast at all, but all are forms of penance. That's all.

1 Like

Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by KynanLewis: 9:05am On Apr 06, 2012
Silk bed sheets.

you will find a great range of premium quality silk products at the best price. And welcome to the world of enjoying the health-giving (quality-of-life) benefits of wearing silk and sleeping in silk in your everyday life. You can be confident about making the right choice of a sustainable product.

http://www.mulberrytreesilk.com/
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by mizne1: 9:13am On Apr 06, 2012
This is a sad day, I do not eat meat[img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by DECOtech(m): 9:20am On Apr 06, 2012
brainchild78: such connotation hasnever been sited in the bible and is simply a paganistic practice adopted by the roman apostate catholistic institution. Christ's aim was to abolish hypocrytical religious practices (especially those practised during the Mosiac era) and inculcate spiritual & Godly relationship practices instead.
Professor of linguistics. GOD bless u without measurement. You have mouthed it all
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by italo: 9:43am On Apr 06, 2012
@ DECOtech,

I thought your next post would be to answer my question: is it a sin if its not written plainly in the Bible?
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by Redman44(m): 9:45am On Apr 06, 2012
Good Friday is a day to reflect on the sacrifices Jesus Christ made for us. I don't really bother myself about the Meat thing. I will eat meat today and God will not be angry with me. I've stopped bogging my progress down some of these religious dogmas that hold people down mentally. Yes, I eat meat on Good Fridays and will continue to do so. Cheers.
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by Ogamgil(f): 9:59am On Apr 06, 2012
xcabinet: Please quote from the bible where its says eating of meat is prohibited on good friday?

please quote from the bible where it says dat Gudluck jonathan wil be d president of nigeria. Or quote 4m d bible where it says dat u wil be born.
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 06, 2012
19th century question, for kids.
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by Ogamgil(f): 10:05am On Apr 06, 2012
oluomad:

1thim 4vs3...."forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth....

Can u prove to me that avoidin eating of meats on gud fridays is biblical, am w8n

We human lik enjoyment and dont want 2 hear any tin called suffering. Jesus said carry ur cross and follow me. He did not say wear agbada or tie gele and follow me.

1 Like

Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by Sike(m): 10:11am On Apr 06, 2012
Who cares? Anything goes!
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 06, 2012
Why shouldn't one eat in good Friday? Just curious
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by Ogamgil(f): 10:29am On Apr 06, 2012
brainchild78: such connotation hasnever been sited in the bible and is simply a paganistic practice adopted by the roman apostate catholistic institution. Christ's aim was to abolish hypocrytical religious practices (especially those practised during the Mosiac era) and inculcate spiritual & Godly relationship practices instead.

point of correction christ did not come 2 abolish d law but 2 bring it 2 fulfillment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I Am Not An Atheist / The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins / Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.