Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? (13275 Views)

Why Are We Not Supposed To Eat Meat On Ash Wednesday And Fridays During Lent? / Good Friday: Is Abstaining From Meat Superstitous Or Biblical? / Eating Meat On Good Friday! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by Ogamgil(f): 10:32am On Apr 06, 2012
oluMyderz: confused religion created by Mr paul himself= CHRITIANITY smh

Confused quote written by a confused person= oluMyderz himself

1 Like

Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by onyengbu: 12:42pm On Apr 06, 2012
brainchild78: such connotation hasnever been sited in the bible and is simply a paganistic practice adopted by the roman apostate catholistic institution. Christ's aim was to abolish hypocrytical religious practices (especially those practised during the Mosiac era) and inculcate spiritual & Godly relationship practices instead.
Why didnt Christ himself abolish Sabbath (Saturday) worship and why did protestants like you c
Has it ever been paganistic to worship your pastors by shaving, curling and trying to speak like them?
Is it biblical to hold midnight prayers?
Is it biblical to show your notes to the congregation when coming for offertory?
Is it biblical to sing and dance in the church?
Is it biblical to use public address systems in the church?
Is it biblical for one man to own a church and will every pin of the church to his family?
Is it biblical for a pastor to use congregation tithes to build universities and yet not allow poor ones from the same congregations to be admitted to the school?
I can go on and on.... but one very important last question..

[size=18pt]Is it biblical to ask: is it biblical?[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by osifred(m): 3:06pm On Apr 06, 2012
¶ don't mind sendin dose who hav meat n wouldn't eat it cos today is gud friday ma house address so D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ can send it to M̶̲̥̅Ƹ.

It is the doctrine of man. Buh seriously U̶̲̥̅̊ shldnt bother if it doesn't affect you.am sure the catholic wouldn't say it is a sin. Like sumbody pointed out for †ђξ sake of dis lent season deny urself certain tin. It doesn't mean nt denyin urself dose tins is a sin.
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by joanana(f): 3:40pm On Apr 06, 2012
You dont eat meat or anyfood that has or was prepared with meat pr the source from the meat. For ctholics observe it m fast n pray!!!!
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by oluMyderz(m): 3:49pm On Apr 06, 2012
Ogamgil:

Confused quote written by a confused person= oluMyderz himself
u mst stil be confused!
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by franklincn(m): 5:37pm On Apr 06, 2012
I just finished eating isi ewu with chilled beer grin
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by chucksbadt(m): 6:57pm On Apr 06, 2012
do i eat meat on a normal day?? abeg any day MEAT appear 4 ma front I go chop am! wink

1 Like

Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by jamp: 11:42pm On Apr 06, 2012
Why do people like to attack the catholic church. Winners chapel holds 21 days or more fasting every january- is it biblical. They also ve shilo every dec- is it biblical. Watching atmospher for miracle on tv- is it biblical. Why don't u respect what others decided to do at a particular time.

Infact the biggest question is - Is it biblical to worship on sunday
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by numo86(m): 4:43am On Apr 07, 2012
Sorry to say this to all catholics but I think something must b wrong with u guys.....
How come is Jesus death day still being celebrated on a friday year in year out....must his death day always fall on a friday to start with...
Everytime u guys allow ur traditions to crowd out Jesus commandments....
Now what is good friday??and when did any friday become good?......
Traditions of men are 5hit compared to what are layed down in d scriptures...
I can't believe that u guys can use logic to escape from this whole abstaining frm meat and good friday issue.....Jesus instituted the memorial of his death d same day d jews celebrated d passover(abib 14) becos he is now d new passover....
Would u guys tell me that yearly d jews waited for fridays to celebrate there passovers(good friday)or did they stick to abib 14 and d day it fell on??
A celebration as important as d passover has its principles penned down in d scriptures and all u guys say is that its not all what Jesus did that was recorded in d bible....what about d 1's that were recordedhave u guys finished obeying them?Jesus told his followers to commemorate his death on a date not on a day....to even obey dat is a problem to u guys....
Simple instructions u guys can't follow even when its written down bold in d bible.....
Doctrines involving Jesus and Yahweh are all strictly written in d scriptures not hidden...
Not 1 thing is hidden frm us so that we start instigating our own traditions to see if it'll be approved by God...
Eat meat/dont eat...fast/dont fast......church traditions has made it a command for all there followers to obey such man made commands ,tieing it to Jesus death,when d master himself never gave such injunctions.....
This was d same problem Jesus had wit d pharisees...
They allowed there own traditions to crowd out Gods own principles and commands there enslaving sincere worshippers of God....
I respect u guys(catholiks),but d truth has to be said
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by chookudi(m): 6:13am On Apr 07, 2012
@numo,sincerely ur level of reasoning for an adult(am assuming u are one) is quite shocking!!pls answer this - Must Easter be on a Sunday??I don't know wat religion u practice bt u r quite clearly not a xtian,so I'll "forgive" you 4 ur insagacious comments..pls where is it stated that Jesus asked for people to commemorate the passover ON A PARTICULAR date??if u had opened ur eyes and ur mind to earlier comments,u'll duly observe that eating meat on good friday IS NOT a sin..so y the condemnation??nobody who calls his/herself a xtian would leave God's commandments and follow man made ones XCEPT d situation warrants it such that God himself would understand..a good example is not being able to obey God's commandment of goin 2 church wen a security curfew is imposed..so pls don't try and soften ur venomous tongue by saying u respect catholics because u don't and don't even know anything bout them...wat u nid is simple education!!!
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by numo86(m): 8:14am On Apr 07, 2012
Mr chookudy....
When did Jesus celebrate d passover??if till date as a professed xtian u don't know d passover date as recorded in d bible then u need to re-access ur christianship....simple basic things u guys ignore but hold on to traditions of men...
Do u tink Jesus just celebrated d passover on any date just like d way u guys choose dates arbitrarily to suit pagan and human traditionsJesus was organised and ofcus followed godly principles....
Please read ur bible very well and dnt tell me about being educated with cathokik traditions...
I respect d bible nt traditions of men.....
How can Jesus death be celebrated on every friday yearlyis that nt childish
Imagine u celebratin ur birthday on a particular day of d week year in year out while d date which marks a commemoration is forgotten.....
Like I said I respect d catholiks ....bt when I see white I can't call it black...
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by chookudi(m): 9:26am On Apr 07, 2012
@numo,u still have not answered my question of "Must Easter be on a sunday"..taking ur oda points,you claim u "know" d biblical date of the passover and yet,u exhibit ur ignorance..was Jesus crucified on the day of d passover??is Good Friday the passover day??following ur line of thot, is it not childish to celebrate Easter on sundays??...u are quite simply a confused being who jst deems it fit 2 air ur opinion irrespective of whether its right or wrong??u simply want people 2 know that u r a nairalander and that u exist...Nothing wrong in that xcept that it shld be done the right way..with intelligent comments and a ready mind 2 accept and learn..jst like I am about 2 do now...pls tell me where it is written that Jesus asked for the passover to be celebrated on a "particular date"??
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by onyengbu: 10:19am On Apr 07, 2012
numo86: Mr chookudy....
When did Jesus celebrate d passover??if till date as a professed xtian u don't know d passover date as recorded in d bible then u need to re-access ur christianship....simple basic things u guys ignore but hold on to traditions of men...
Do u tink Jesus just celebrated d passover on any date just like d way u guys choose dates arbitrarily to suit pagan and human traditionsJesus was organised and ofcus followed godly principles....
Please read ur bible very well and dnt tell me about being educated with cathokik traditions...
I respect d bible nt traditions of men.....
How can Jesus death be celebrated on every friday yearlyis that nt childish
Imagine u celebratin ur birthday on a particular day of d week year in year out while d date which marks a commemoration is forgotten.....
Like I said I respect d catholiks ....bt when I see white I can't call it black...
Ol boy, like my friend chookudi up there said, you are either are not a christian or at least not a regular one. From your ramblings, i can only suggest you are a Sabbath church guy!

I woulda waited for you to answer the question you were asked (about the date of good Friday) but it will either take forever to come or come in the most absurd way.
However, I would like to give you more work to do because if for any mundane reason you are able to come up with any date at all, you will still make yourself look foolish with that date because you may not know that calendar time is no longer as it was in Jesus'time is not the same we us today.

Therefore, if you have been itching to come up with a particular date as Jesus' actual death date, you need to go and do a lot of work reconciling the calendar of Jesus'days and the one we use now!
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by sallybonne(f): 11:27am On Apr 07, 2012
Na wah o, evrybody is entitled 2 their belief,wateva religion or faith u practice,d question posed was wat do we tink abt not eating meat on fri,no church was mentioned cant u guys comment and leave d catholic church out of dis
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by sallybonne(f): 11:32am On Apr 07, 2012
@numo #smh# 4 u.
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by numo86(m): 12:49pm On Apr 07, 2012
@chukudiii....
D day Jesus instituted d memorial of his death was on d passover day which he himself celebrated with his 12 b4 dismissing judas and then told them to observe that occasion continually........have u forgotten
The question u shuld have asked is if I celebrate easter...
What is easter?I guess mayb Jesus did that too.......
The whole easter ish is just way off d scriptures.....
Like I told u simple instructions u guys barely follow....
I dnt observe easter...I am a bible student....
I'm always ready to learn frm the scriptures nt traditions of men....
@ least I can prove d date frm d jewish calendar and frm d bible when Jesus and his apostles both observed d memorial of his death...
But u can't prove urs..
Right from d good friday to the name easter,abstinence from eating meat on that day and to all d symbols attached to d easter celebration...
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by chookudi(m): 1:20pm On Apr 07, 2012
@numo,u dnt observe easter??u r a bible student??I rest my case.
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by numo86(m): 2:55pm On Apr 07, 2012
Chukudi my freind.....the name easter is d name of a pagan goddess..I wonder why I shuld celebrate a pagan goddess instead of commemorating d last supper...
How do they even relate
Eaostre and the last supper,,,
Check ur bible well...
:-)
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by Parnassuss(m): 6:56pm On Apr 07, 2012
xcabinet: Please quote from the bible where its says eating of meat is prohibited on good friday?

By Jove you are dense. All the reasonable posts b4 u and u couldn't take ur time to even glance through then b4 posting. No bible even has 'GOOD FRIDAY' that is a catholic construct too! Please feel free to search out Easter and Christmas too.
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by sallybonne(f): 8:13pm On Apr 07, 2012
@ chookodi, pls leave numo alone I tink he is jehovahs witness I jst have one disturbin and blabbing d same tin 2 me.
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by Ogamgil(f): 1:35pm On Apr 08, 2012
oluMyderz: u mst stil be confused!

And u can never stop been confused cus ur confusion itself
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by numo86(m): 2:18pm On Apr 08, 2012
@sally...who told u I'm one??:-)...
I am speaking from my own research and observance....
Human traditions shouldn't be inter-played with bible standards and traditions...that's my belief...
Any normal bible reader should understand where easter came from....
Even a traditional worshiper knows...
So stop the being witness or no witness crap....
Meanwhile wey all d meat u abandon on good friday?bring all of them to my house asap..lol
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by sallybonne(f): 8:15pm On Apr 08, 2012
@numo86 I dnt no were ur house is and dnt intend knowing o.and as 4 d meat tingy did nt cook any dt day,I only brought up d witness talk cos somebody was witnessin 2 me while I was distractin my sef on NL and he was almost sounding like u abi sayin d same tin,dts y I posted dt.@ everyone can we try 2 comment and leave churches out of this me inclusive tanks.@ numo no meat remaining sowie
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by 9jaman007: 7:40am On Apr 10, 2012
This question goes to everyone asking 'where is it in the bible that you should not eat meat on goodfriday?' Can you

please show me WHERE IT IS IN THE BIBLE THAT YOU SHOULD CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS? The word does not even appear in the bible

at all so how come you oberve and celebrate it?

joli-joli hypocrites, self righteous 'christains'
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by 9jaman007: 7:42am On Apr 10, 2012
lol!!! is it biblical to ask is it biblical?

Most of them have no idea who, how,when and why the bible was compiled.

onye_ngbu*:

Why didnt Christ himself abolish Sabbath (Saturday) worship and why did protestants like you c
Has it ever been paganistic to worship your pastors by shaving, curling and trying to speak like them?
Is it biblical to hold midnight prayers?
Is it biblical to show your notes to the congregation when coming for offertory?
Is it biblical to sing and dance in the church?
Is it biblical to use public address systems in the church?
Is it biblical for one man to own a church and will every pin of the church to his family?
Is it biblical for a pastor to use congregation tithes to build universities and yet not allow poor ones from the same congregations to be admitted to the school?
I can go on and on.... but one very important last question..

[size=18pt]Is it biblical to ask: is it biblical?[/size]
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by meetujubaby: 5:29pm On Mar 30, 2013
zilon12: There is this myth or should I say believe in the Christendom that its a sin for one to eat meat on Good friday.... Whats your take

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? / Why I Am Not An Atheist / The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.