Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,294 members, 7,811,882 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Why Do Nigerians View Fat People As Rich Or Of A Privileged Class? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Nigerians View Fat People As Rich Or Of A Privileged Class? (1349 Views)

For The Fat People That Wish To Slim Down Their Size / Now Fat People Can Become Slim In Just 14 Days With Gc180xt / How Do You View Fat People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians View Fat People As Rich Or Of A Privileged Class? by swiftycool(m): 9:57pm On Apr 06, 2012
I've always wondered why the fat people in Nigeria are often straight away classified by most Nigerians as probably rich or priviledged. This has resulted in many Nigerians desperately trying to gain weight to flow with d popular "I better pass my neighbour" lifestyle.

However, Contrary to the thinking or asumptions of Nigerians, I came to observe in other advanced countries especially the UK and USA, that the fattest community mostly consist of poverty stricken ghetto living hood rats mostly living on Govt. benefits,food stamps or dependent on cheap macdonald burger n fries or reduced to clear, nearly expired foods from tesco, asda or wallmart.

The rich in these countries however are slim or desperately trying to stay within a light weight category, investing time and crazy monies in gyms and various slimming products. I mean check it out, the richest people in the world, Bill Gates, the Queen and entire royal family, the late Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, even the president of Usa and pm of Uk are all slim and opra has been desperately fighting an open battle against gaining weight.

Therefore I ask my fellow Nigerians what really is it that makes being fat fashionable? A fat or overweight person we know is clearly unfit for many tasks, is largely unhealthy and often has a shorter lifespan due to heart related problems.

Or could there be some other unknown reasons why many Nigerians desperately want to become fat? Ill like to read peoples views on this. . . .
Re: Why Do Nigerians View Fat People As Rich Or Of A Privileged Class? by highland(m): 8:55pm On Apr 09, 2012
Both ways.
Re: Why Do Nigerians View Fat People As Rich Or Of A Privileged Class? by kreamstaff: 2:43pm On Nov 29, 2013
True talk but I guess its due to illiteracy and common beliefs. Thin people in africa are seen to be suffering because generally we look at life from a poverty perspective. If u have it should show on your appearance if you don't likewise. But Africans are beginning to get wise nowadays too. With Joggers and gymmers everywhere

(1) (Reply)

I Beg My Pennis Is Small In Size. What Can I Do Or Use To Increase The Size / Tree Man ‘grows Roots’ On His Body[photos] / Where Can I Get Lactose Free Milk For Adult In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.