Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,993 members, 7,835,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Christian Terrorists! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Terrorists! (25766 Views)

Why Most Terrorists Are Muslims. / TB Joshua - An East-African President Will Be Kidnapped By Terrorists / Conversation Between A Muslim And A American Over Terrorists Issue! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Terrorists! by cgift(m): 12:54pm On Nov 07, 2007
Horus,

You are sounding so unintelligible with very base and worthless and unfounded connections. Do you want to read into the Gospel of Jesus Christ what is not there? You have said that the KKK lynch blackmen and that should tell you that they are simply racist. One of the disciples of Jesus was actually a blackman, the Etiopian Eunuch that Phillip a white ministred to was black, and so on. Jesus was never racist. He could not have been. So, the KKK may claim to be christian, but that is what it remains, a claim [/b]and [b]not the reality!.

This is unlike Mohammad who commanded his followers to kill,miam, and destroy. Jesus did not. Whilst a muslim will be considered religious by killing anyone who insults thir 'prophet', because the quran teaches it and their master also confirmed greatness by terror, the christian will not be appluaded by anyone cos it is a direct violation of the principle of love which Christ came to establish.

Olabowale,

You are just a looser who does not want to accept defeat. [b]Pilgrim [/b]and others have dealt extensively with catholics on other threads just to show that they are not of Christ. So dont waste network resources by exhuming buried matter!

1 Like

Re: Christian Terrorists! by Horus(m): 1:05pm On Nov 07, 2007
So why they call themselves Christians?
Re: Christian Terrorists! by Horus(m): 1:14pm On Nov 07, 2007

KKK members leaving their church

As you can see on the picture above the KKK members are leaving their church after praying to your god.
They are what?,MUSLIMS.?
Re: Christian Terrorists! by cgift(m): 1:41pm On Nov 07, 2007
Horus:

As you can see on the picture above the KKK members are leaving their church after praying to your god.
They are what?,MUSLIMS.?

Please raise your thinking. Let me help you. Assuming I am a buddhist. If I kill (God forbid) an confuscianist for instance and claim to be a buddhist when my religion's article of faith does not instruct me to do so and does not guarantee any reward for me for doing so but rather punishment, will it be true that that I am a practicing buddhist because I profess it?

I can be sleeping in one of the hostels of Harvard University but not a registered student. If I go out to steal and tell them that I study in Harvard, will that my profession be valid? So because they have a place they call their church and they profess chirst dos not mean they are christians bro. God bless.

Show me where Christ instructed that we can kill.
Re: Christian Terrorists! by ricadelide(m): 1:49pm On Nov 07, 2007
olabowale:

David, to ba ri nkon so, dake enu e. There is no reason to just yap! If the God of christians sent His son to die for the sins of christians, then we should assume that there is no more sins for all christians. That should be a 100% guaranteed thing! This should mean that Christians can do whatever they want. There is no wages for any 'sinful behaviour.' Its all good. If this is no so, then the death is actually falls short of its intented purpose, unless there was no death in the first place! We see that God still punishes by allowing bad thing to befall some christian individuals.
Bros, eyin naa ema ro nkan ti e fe so k'e to so o. Nigeria's debt was recently written off by our creditors; does that then mean that we can no longer borrow money indiscriminately and land again in debt? Forgiveness of sins does not connote an inability to sin. Here are a few scriptures:
Rom. 6:1-2a
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid!
Rom. 6:15
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under law, but under grace? God forbid.
Heb. 10:26-27
If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

I do not want to touch on the fact that I think since God sent His son to die for the christians, therefore there should not be any physical death for the christians. Of course, that is only my deduction, because it is not clear from the general statementsthe christians attached to the son's death.
Bros, that is your deduction. "In Adam, all die". The important thing is that, leaving this body is not the end for us - it is actually a means of shedding this corrupt body and going to be with God. Here are some scriptures for your enjoyment:
Rom 5:17
For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ.
Phil 1: 21-23
For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far;

I bet the christians may not be too sure, even after the death event of the son, that all Christians will go to paradise! Of course, paradise is not going to be a physical place, but a state of mind for them!
Again; christianity is not like Islam where there is no assurance of anything. In christianity we have assurances - one of them is assurance of salvation. Another is the assurance of sonship. Yet another is the assurance of that which is to come - you see we already have a downpayment for eternity; and the things that we are looking forward to in the afterlife, we can begin to have a foretaste now. Here are some other scriptures;
Rom. 8;16-18a
"For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. 17Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ"
2Cor. 5: 4-5
For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. Now it is God who has made us for this very purpose and has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

In christianity, the beautiful thing is that: there are guarantees! So bros, our arms are always wide open - Jesus will welcome you. Cheers grin
Re: Christian Terrorists! by Horus(m): 2:13pm On Nov 07, 2007
So because they have a place they call their church and they profess chirst dos not mean they are christians bro.
Same for Al queida because they have a place they call their mosque and they profess Allah dos not mean they are Muslim bro.
So, the KKK may claim to be christian, but that is what it remains, a claim and not the reality!.
Same for Al queida!!,So, Al queida may claim to be Muslim but that is what it remains, a claim and not the reality!.
Re: Christian Terrorists! by ricadelide(m): 2:40pm On Nov 07, 2007
Horus:

Same for Al queida!!,So, Al queida may claim to be Muslim but that is what it remains, a claim and not the reality!.
Bros Horus,
since you obviously have a problem with typed english, here's spoken english for you.
Follow this link: (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxk5AAA5FbI)
There you will find islamic scholars advocating terrorism by Al qaida as being "Qu'ranical" (supported by the Qu'ran).
Hopefully that should help you to spot the difference.
Cheers grin.
Re: Christian Terrorists! by Horus(m): 3:07pm On Nov 07, 2007
since you obviously have a problem with typed english, here's spoken english for you.
I am NOT muslim grin,I talk mostly french,english is a foreign language for me.
Re: Christian Terrorists! by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 07, 2007
Horus:

I am NOT muslim grin,I talk mostly french,english is a foreign language for me.

rational reasoning is certainly not your forte.  grin

olabowale:

@Davidylan: What about the Bombs dropped on bagdad, in the first Gulf war? Some US service men wrote on some Bombs: Say hello to Allah. And many other filthy things, mocking the Muslims! Well, I have news for you, a US decorated Military General, by the name Heiden said that his God is bigger than the Muslim God. Did you forget the US Attorney general at the start of this current 'War on terror,' who said that his God sent His son to die for sins of mankind, while the God of Muslims ask the Muslims to send their children to die for this Muslim God!

Oga, e sa nlanu soro gboa sha! grin E ronu die.

And what is your point here? So because of the words of a few people that justifies that the US invaded Iraq during the gulf war as a christian nation seeking to destroy a muslim nation?
Have you forgotten that the US invaded Iraq to stop it from annexing Kuwait . . . is Kuwait a christian nation?

olabowale:

We also knew that the third Reich was beloved by the Church leaders in Vaderland. Hitler and company were good christians. The jews and the gipssies can attest to that!

More muslim propaganda!  grin this old man, google is available, please use it. Even an elementary school child will not make such bogus lies.

olabowale:

Muslims can attest to the Spanish inquisitins and the many crusades and incursions to Muslim lands!

When did Spain become "muslim lands"?  grin Forgot to mention that the "inquisition" was simply an attempt by Europe to reclaim lands lost when the vagabonds of Islam came with their swords of terror, invading christian Europe and attempting to turn the entire world into a caliphate?

olabowale:

Indeed, christians kill not because of their religiousity, but for all other reasons. In all seriousness, their hearts are with Jesus, so they have to kill for other reasons. Oppression and killing which is started by any, on innocent part, regardless of its purpose, the result is the same.

Where are christians killing?  grin Baba, e sa like ke ma paro sha.

1 Like

Re: Christian Terrorists! by Nobody: 1:23am On Nov 08, 2007
Horus:

Same for Al queida because they have a place they call their mosque and they profess Allah dos not mean they are Muslim bro. Same for Al queida!!,So, Al queida may claim to be Muslim but that is what it remains, a claim and not the reality!.

I can show you where Muhammad,their leader asked them to kill,sex-attack and indeed killed and attacked.
Can you show me where Christ killed or asked people to kill?
I can show you where Mohammed advocated terror and jihad.
So Al queda is merely following the footsteps of Mohammed.
Whose footsteps are the KKK following?

see how you make no sense.

Olabowole,if I were you,knowing what I know about the lifestyle of Mohammed,I would just not say much.
Al queda and Muslim brotherhood are doing exactly what Mo asked them to do.
KKK and ZZZ are not of Christ.

I can see you struggling so hard to make a case for your Muslim friends.
Too bad it ain't working.
Re: Christian Terrorists! by olabowale(m): 1:51pm On Nov 08, 2007
@Nwando: Fortunately, you are not me. Its very difficult to attack Sayidina Isa bin Mariam (as), a prophet of Islam. But since there is no true single New Testement, then I will have to research them all. Its a big job. I will have to go through all the versions, editions, revisions etc, that has ever been in existence. Which denomination should I use its Nes testament. What kanguage, since Jesus did not speak greek or the other that christianity so much hang their live or die on. They conveniently ignore Aramaic or Hebrew language(s).

One thing is clear, Muhammad did not kill anyone as a youth or turn over table before the age of 40! I will be back to you on your request. You gave me a tall order. Its over 2000 years of job, with so many different Bibles to aproach the subject matter.
Re: Christian Terrorists! by Horus(m): 2:36pm On Nov 08, 2007
I can see you struggling so hard to make a case for your Muslim friends.
Too bad it ain't working.
I am not muslim F**K Islam F**K Christianity.
Re: Christian Terrorists! by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 08, 2007
olabowale:

@Nwando: Fortunately, you are not me. Its very difficult to attack Sayidina Isa bin Mariam (as), a prophet of Islam. But since there is no true single New Testement, then I will have to research them all. Its a big job. I will have to go through all the versions, editions, revisions etc, that has ever been in existence. Which denomination should I use its Nes testament. What kanguage, since Jesus did not speak greek or the other that christianity so much hang their live or die on. They conveniently ignore Aramaic or Hebrew language(s).

One thing is clear, Muhammad did not kill anyone as a youth or turn over table before the age of 40! I will be back to you on your request. You gave me a tall order. Its over 2000 years of job, with so many different Bibles to aproach the subject matter.

ROFL
So killing as an adult is better than killing as a youth?
I no go die.
Those poor slave girls would have wished mohammed destroyed tables than force his "abunna" on them.

Only a confused person would ask the questions you ask about the Bible.

let me help you here.
http://www.blueletterbible.org/
You can read all the Bible you want.

1 Like

Re: Christian Terrorists! by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 08, 2007
Olabowole,have you heard of the famous verse.
John 3:16
That is the most important of all to you.

Let me help by pasting them in all translations I found.
Take your pick grin

[b]Available Translations and Versions for Jhn 3:16

KJV - Jhn 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
King James Version 1611, 1769

NKJV - Jhn 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
New King James Version © 1982 Thomas Nelson

NLT - Jhn 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
New Living Translation © 1996 Tyndale Charitable Trust

NIV - Jhn 3:16 - “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Footnote:
Or his only begotten Son
New International Version © 1973, 1978, 1984 International Bible Society

ESV - Jhn 3:16 - “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Footnote:
Or For this is how God loved the world
The Holy Bible, English Standard Version © 2001 Crossway Bibles

NASB - Jhn 3:16 - "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
New American Standard Bible © 1995 Lockman Foundation

RSV - Jhn 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Revised Standard Version © 1947, 1952.

ASV - Jhn 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life.
American Standard Version 1901 Info

Young - Jhn 3:16 - for God did so love the world, that His Son -- the only begotten -- He gave, that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during.
Robert Young Literal Translation 1862, 1887, 1898 Info

Darby - Jhn 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him may not perish, but have life eternal.
J.N.Darby Translation 1890 Info

Webster - Jhn 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Noah Webster Version 1833 Info

HNV - Jhn 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Hebrew Names Version 2000 Info

Vulgate - Jhn 3:16 - sic enim dilexit Deus mundum ut Filium suum unigenitum daret ut omnis qui credit in eum non pereat sed habeat vitam aeternam
Jerome's Latin Vulgate 405 A.D. Info
[/b]
Re: Christian Terrorists! by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 08, 2007
A muslim that makes fun of translations only shows how ignorant he/she is.
have you heard of pictall,Yusuf ali ,shakir,dawood,rodwell,arberry and a host of other translations of the Koran, please don't give me the tired excuse that the "Noble Koran" is only authentic in Arabic.
If you can't interprete it in English,anything you quote here is useless.
[i]moreover[/i]There are several arabic versions available,each one different from the other. grin

even shias use a different al koran from you guys.
speak the truth dear.

Mohammed was indeed a smart guy.
A stark illiterate,who tells his people his language is what Allah sent down his words in and besides it allah's words are useless.
What a genius. grin
what a racist allah

1 Like

Re: Christian Terrorists! by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 08, 2007
Horus:

I am not muslim F**K Islam F**K Christianity.

ah ah ah
ah choooooo! tongue
Re: Christian Terrorists! by Backslider(m): 9:07pm On Nov 08, 2007
Re: Christian Terrorists! by Horus(m): 9:15pm On Nov 08, 2007
Christian terrorism is terrorism by those whose motivations and aims have a predominant Christian character or influence; to be considered religious terrorism the perpetrators must use religious scriptures to justify or explain their violent acts or to gain recruits and there must be some sort of clerical figures involved in some leadership roles.
In recent periods, examples of Christian terrorism are overwhelmingly tied to individuals and small groups, drawing condemnation from various institutional church bodies.
Many contemporary allegations of Christian terrorism are closely tied to American Protestant white supremacy organizations, such as the Ku Klux Klan [citation needed]. Other groups, such as the Christian Identity movement bridge the gap between racism and religious theology by targeting racial and religious minorities, immigrants, gays and lesbians, and women.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism
Re: Christian Terrorists! by MP007(m): 2:19am On Nov 09, 2007
really? Chrislofacious?
Re: Christian Terrorists! by cgift(m): 11:32am On Nov 09, 2007
Horus,

I can see that you have thrown reasoning to the dogs. If you are someone who likes intellectual discussions, you would have seen that our rejionders have severely addressed your worries. Or are you just apt at making mischief. Lets know your stand so we know whether your worries ar based on sound reasoning or mere sentiments and kid's plays.
Re: Christian Terrorists! by olabowale(m): 12:48pm On Nov 09, 2007
@Nwando: Thanks for the numerous English language quotes of Jhn 3;16. I aappreciate it. Please tell us, who is the writer/speaker of this verse John 3;16? Jesus or who? From the tone of this sentence, one is led to believe that the son have offered up for death! Meaning the action of death must have overcome this special son!

Why would any father offer his son up for dead, in order to give salvation to his creation, which is not so beloved to him as his only begotten heir/son/progeny? This father suddenly lost his grip on power, which he always have, up to the time of this special offer to salvage his creation?

Does this means, then that since this noble gesture has happened, whoever believes in this son, sent to death, that individual is free of all sins? Definate to end up in everlasting life, as in paradise? No hellfire for this person, regardless of anything that othersmay regard as sins/evilactions? Eg. fornication, adultery, stealing, murder, backbiting, embesselment, usury and any other evil ills, including idol worshipping? I throw idol worshipping in there because, there is nothing about worship in that verse that says its not permitted. More so, many christians are also buhdists and many other eastern/oriental religion followers.

To have a child, son or daughter, there must be a spousal conjugal relationship. Did God Almighty did that with Mary, the mother of Jesus? Or that God just commanded this action of pregnancy to happen, as He alone is capable of doing?

Is the essential makeup of this special son in its earthly form, diffirent from any other man? He did not bleed blood, did not eat, did not tire out, did not deficate; numbers 1 and 2, did not sleep, did not make prescribed prayer to his God Almighty, did not supplicate his God Almighty, etc, etc, etc, ?

You limit the power of God Lord Almighty! Did not this God make Angels, far superior beings than mere human being? You claimed that he was led by satan, at the same time, you said in death he went to hell and defeated satan in hell and took power from satan: Now tell me, if he could not even have power to stop satan from tempting him while he was alive and even ordinary bands of Jews tormented him and then slaughtered him, how did he suddenly have this power in death? If he defeated satan as you said, then at least those who believe him, as their prescribed lord and savior, will not have to worry about satan tempting or having any power over them, yes? Why is there still many christians having to be crumbing under satanic influences: Jimmy Swaggart, etc. Lets leave our beloved Nigeria and Africa as a whole out of this. Lets talk about the bringer of christianity, the Europeans/North America.

Nwando, if you have a son, then your son is my cousin's begotten son. I said so, because we love you and your family. This claim of my as your son being my cousin's begotten so, does not make sense? Thats exactly the point! We are mere mortals, then you are bringing OUR CREATOR down to our level of dependence. Yet He is independent and needs not even His angels to enact any of His will. Now is He wary.

Give me this quote in Aramaic/ Hebrew in the same versions as you have. You can do it. There some expressions in Igbo, that when turned out in other language, it will lose its pure meaning. Regrdless of how many translations you have in many languages, none is Qur'an. Qur'an, is oral and the sound is the same if you factor out the accent of the reciter. If I speak Igbo, as a Yoruba man, not raised from youth in Igboland, you will know and I will not sound as any indigenous igbo villager! So the same will go for you about the Yoruba language. My name is Olabowale, yet you write it as Olabowole. This is how it sounds to you. Its acceptable. But if you are to write Olu bowale or Adebowale, every yoruba will know that you have slightly changed my name. This is the condition of the Bible, sorry Injiil, since you are a christian, I will discourse the Jewish part with my attorneys, of the time before Muhammad made his noble statement till the this present day gazillion versions! As to be put side by side with each other and then with what Jesus said exactly, word for word!

Jesus must have said something. Do you know what it is?

How yoy dey? I am sure the weather where you are is not as cold as mine and for sure not as cold as my guy in Rochester! Enjoy it.
Re: Christian Terrorists! by olabowale(m): 1:14pm On Nov 09, 2007
@Ricadelide: You prove the point of Islam. If the death of this beloved son/being can not wholesale cover, which is what you said is impossible, then its your believe in God as in His true worship and doing good deeds that will bring you the Mercy of God. Why can I send my son to cover your death, which I already write off, but then my son says to you that that the former condition of payment is still inforce? It means that my writing off of your debt is only a lip service. You still have to pay the debt.

Before Jesus, was there any process to receive mercy from God? Was there analytical conditions of sins and punishment, versus good deeds and reward? What then truly changes if you do evil and Jesus can cover you, as to against what Moses said long time before Jesus came. please take into consideration that jesus came to fulfill all the laws that Moses brought. Please list them and you will see that you as a christian only py lip service to it, nothing else!

As to Muhammad and the Qur'an, which he claims that is from God, the process of how to guide yourself, from sins and advocacy of doing good abounds. God says do not dispire in the MERCY OF YOUR LORD. He forgives again and again! He said, even if you come to Him with sin that you know is unforgivable, He will forgive. The condition is not to associate any with Him, worship Him as He prescribes, and be a doer of good deeds.

The condition of the christians to the muslims, is the same as the conditions of the Jews to the christians. The Jews will never tell you that there is a trace or remnat of Jesus identity in the Torah and Psalm. Inthe same token, the christain will never accept that there is remnant of Muhammad identity in the Injiil.

Read the Qur'an and then read your Injiil and Toral. Then come back for us to truly talk. Don't let us be emotional.
Re: Christian Terrorists! by ricadelide(m): 2:56pm On Nov 09, 2007
Bros Olabowale,
I anticipated that you will take another route and shortcut past the answers i gave you. Anyways, lets quickly address them:

olabowale:

@Ricadelide: You prove the point of Islam. If the death of this beloved son/being can not wholesale cover, which is what you said is impossible, then its your believe in God as in His true worship and doing good deeds that will bring you the Mercy of God.
Ehn-ehn, rara bros. I never did say Jesus' death "can not wholesale cover" - remember when you read your injil that Jesus said on the cross "It is finished". The Lord has finished His Work on the cross. Where christianity differs from Islam and indeed any other human religion is that we don't have to work for our own salvation - you see, salvation in Christ Jesus is a free gift from God. God Himself provided the salvation, and all we need to do is just accept it. Is there anything more beautiful than that? See some beautiful words;
Rom. 4:4-5
Now when a man works, his wages are not credited to him as a gift, but as an obligation. However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness.

That is why you have to call me Blessed. Hehe grin;
Rom 4:7-8
"Blessed are they
      whose transgressions are forgiven,
      whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the man
      whose sin the Lord will never count against him

You see, when a man works in other to get something, then he can boast, because it is his own effort that got him that thing. Same thing with salvation. However there are two problems:
the first problem is, all our so-called righteousness are like filthy rags before God, there is no man who is righteous before God, we have all sinned and fallen short of Baba's glory. Thus, nothing a man can do can earn that man a label of righteousness from God.
Rom.3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

the second problem is: no man can boast before God.
ICor. 1:28-29
and the things which the world regards as base, and those which it sets utterly at nought--things that have no existence--God has chosen in order to reduce to nothing things that do exist; to prevent any mortal man from boasting in the presence of God.

The only boasting that can be done is by those of us who know God
Jer. 9:23-24
Thus says the LORD, “Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things,” declares the LORD

So you see, either way - works can never earn you the mercy of God. There is no boasting before God. You can't "earn" God's mercy by doing "good".

Why can I send my son to cover your death, which I already write off, but then my son says to you that that the former condition of payment is still inforce? It means that my writing off of your debt is only a lip service. You still have to pay the debt.
Bros, again, you misquote me - is it that hard to understand? He didn't send the son to cover my death - he sent his Son for my sin.
Matt. 1:21
She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.

There are two types of death - natural death and spiritual death. Being a son of Adam results in the former - that is definite. Being a sinner results in the latter - sin causes seperation from God and thus spiritual death. What Jesus did was to cleanse us from all our sins, and deliver us from the power of sin - such that we are no longer spiritually dead but alive in Him. We have passed from death to life. Hear the Words of Jesus which you have refused to heed
John 5:24
I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.

So all those things you are saying are wrong from the first premise - we do not have any debts before God, except the debt of LOVING one another, and that is why because we love you guys so much, we are sharing the gospel message with you. Heed your prophet and listen to the Injil!

Before Jesus, was there any process to receive mercy from God? Was there analytical conditions of sins and punishment, versus good deeds and reward? What then truly changes if you do evil and Jesus can cover you, as to against what Moses said long time before Jesus came. please take into consideration that jesus came to fulfill all the laws that Moses brought. Please list them and you will see that you as a christian only py lip service to it, nothing else!
Hehe grin, injil yi o ye yin sha bros. I'd explain in another post; it would be too long for this one, have to go to work.

As to Muhammad and the Qur'an, which he claims that is from God, the process of how to guide yourself, from sins and advocacy of doing good abounds. God says do not dispire in the MERCY OF YOUR LORD. He forgives again and again! He said, even if you come to Him with sin that you know is unforgivable, He will forgive. The condition is not to associate any with Him, worship Him as He prescribes, and be a doer of good deeds.
Bros, Is God just? Even in a human court, there is punishment for sin - there is a price tag attached to committing wrong. God is Holier than any human court. He is a just God and every sin must have an account. Have you not read the Torah? Didn't you read there that there is no forgiveness of sins without a shedding of blood? On what basis does Allah forgive sin, if he does not demand a blood sacrifice? that is why why keep saying that Allah is different from Jehovah. On what basis can a man continue to sin and continue to ask for forgiveness - does Allah tolerate sin? My God is not like that. If you say the condition is to worship him - what kind of worship can a sinful man commit? What prayer of an unrighteous man is acceptable before God? The prayer of an unrighteous man might be acceptable before Allah but not before God. The only prayer of an unrighteous man that God accepts is the prayer of repentance - and repentance in this case is different from merely asking for forgivenes, it involves a total change of mind not to sin again and to accept the sacrifice of His Son.

The condition of the christians to the muslims, is the same as the conditions of the Jews to the christians. The Jews will never tell you that there is a trace or remnat of Jesus identity in the Torah and Psalm. Inthe same token, the christain will never accept that there is remnant of Muhammad identity in the Injiil.
Again, you are misinformed; the jewish Holy Books are the same as the christian old testament; the jewish holy books DO NOT contradict the christian holy books. Unlike the Qu'ran which does not even know the name of God - Jehovah is never mentioned in the Qu'ran. It contradicts everything that went before it; and you think it is valid? You people say revelation is progressive - how can a latter revelation not follow from anything that preceeded it. The Qu'ran referred you to the Torah and the Injil - have you heeded? Instead you claim that the bible is corrupted. How sad.
The jewish Old testament was not complete - they were expecting something new, the only problem is that when that new thing came they did not accept it. That is a different case with christians and muslims. The christian new testament is complete. We are not expecting any other thing except the Second Coming of our Lord which you are also expecting. Where then did Muhammad (saw) find the basis for bringing another revelation.
Please don't make that analogy at all. Enjoy two scriptures:

Matt. 12:13
For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John.
Heb. 1:1-2
In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe
[size=30pt].[/size]
You can see the past tense "he has spoken". You can also see the very large fullstop. Bros, there is no space to fit Muhammad (saw) in there.

Read the Qur'an and then read your Injiil and Toral. Then come back for us to truly talk. Don't let us be emotional.
LOL cheesy the bible did not ask me to read any Qu'ran. I can read it for fun and so that i can find interesting things. Your Qu'ran specifically told you to read the bible (including the Torah, the Injil and the Zabur). I can preach Christ to you using only one of any of them - thank God for prophecy. So you see, it is you guys who will always come to us to talk not the other way round. Cheers wink
Re: Christian Terrorists! by cgift(m): 3:43pm On Nov 09, 2007
Uncl Ola, wont you give up!
Re: Christian Terrorists! by olabowale(m): 3:48pm On Nov 09, 2007
@ Recadelide: What do you mean by son; not made or sired? Please, explain.

God made everything through Jesus? Please explain.

If the jewish holy book is also christain book, in addition to the gospel, they must not disagree, yes? If they disagree, which then is correct? The one that came first or the one that came later? What did Jesus say about God; One God or how many? What did Moses say about God; One God or many? What did other prophets say about God; One God or many?

What did Jesus say about God having any son, or begotten son? What did Moses say about the same Subject? What did any and indeed all the prophets in the Bible, befoer the advent of Jesus say about the same subject?

John 5;24; If you crosss over from death to life, then you should not be punished, because you believe, even if you die when performing adultery and any of those evil deeds, right? Your salvation from death is simply the belief and you are free to do whatever, because already has lifted the pen on your record?

Matt 1;21: To save his people; where is nigerian yoruba place in this house of isreal? Was not that we hear Jesus saying that he was sent only to this specific people, the jews/lost sheep of the house of Israel? Please explain. Enquiring mind wants to know.

If Jesus finished everything, right there on the cross, because of the big event, why do you quote to me Jer, rome, Hebrew, corinthians, etc? It should have been enough to stop at whatever jesus said on the crosss, period! Why do we have all these extra in the Bible and not Gospel of jesus, since jesus preached the 'Gospel,' all about the places he went.

Which Gospel did he preach, the four innthe Bible or another? What is that Gospel, a book he carried or what?

Am listening, Omo ya, talk to me!

@Cgift: Give up on what? The questions above needs your attention, too. Please hurry. I must leave for Jumu'ah. soon.
Re: Christian Terrorists! by olabowale(m): 3:56pm On Nov 09, 2007
@Nwando: If I can give you a reference to a single Bible, that has no verse that you just quoted above, will you then accept that your Book is corrupt and then abandone christainity and try to study islam? I am not even saying you should become a Muslim, but first walk away from what ever is flip flopping like a cheap flipflopper?

I have respect for your commitmnet. Please commit. You too, davidylan, Pligrim.1, etc. can we shake hands on this, yes?
Re: Christian Terrorists! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 09, 2007
olabowale:

@Nwando: Thanks for the numerous English language quotes of Jhn 3;16. I aappreciate it. Please tell us, who is the writer/speaker of this verse John 3;16? Jesus or who? From the tone of this sentence, one is led to believe that the son have offered up for death! Meaning the action of death must have overcome this special son!

To have a child, son or daughter, there must be a spousal conjugal relationship. Did God Almighty did that with Mary, the mother of Jesus? Or that God just commanded this action of pregnancy to happen, as He alone is capable of doing?

Is?

You are also doubting the Koran that tells you Christ was born by a virgin? shocked shocked
ojigbijigbi
Re: Christian Terrorists! by Horus(m): 8:37pm On Nov 09, 2007
Re: Christian Terrorists! by olabowale(m): 9:01pm On Nov 09, 2007
@Nwando: Please excuse my ignorance. I do not know that from my writing to you, just above, that you can deduced that I was saying that Jesus was not from a virgin Birth. Please forgive me. What I am saying however, is that just because Jesus was from a virgin Birth, it does not automatically translate to God being his father! This is what I have said! Contrary to your asumption, God is very capable of creating the impossible, like to command a virgin to get pregnant and deliver a bouncing baby boy! You, on the other hand has to bring the act of conjugation to it. You limit the power of God Almighty! this is the same God who created all things, including the Angels, heavens and earth, including the moon (I mentioned the moon to amuse davidylan's mindset about moon god!), etc! Yet this God is never tired and there is nothing impossible for Him to do!

Are you going to take me up on the offer of you leaving Christianity, including all your loved ones, if I can direct you to even a single verse missing in any published and accepted Protestant Bible? Yet the same verse is entered or added into another published and accepted protestant Bible, from the same publishing company? I will not even include the Catholic's Douwy version, in this presentation. This single proof of two different Bibles coming from the same publisher, at different times, should be enough.

You are a smart individual. Just accept my offer and be saved! OJIGBIJIGBI! Thats a new ONE! But I like it. Lets go.
Re: Christian Terrorists! by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 09, 2007
olabowale:

@Nwando: Please excuse my ignorance. I do not know that from my writing to you, just above, that you can deduced that I was saying that Jesus was not from a virgin Birth. Please forgive me. What I am saying however, is that just because Jesus was from a virgin Birth, it does not automatically translate to God being his father! This is what I have said! Contrary to your asumption, God is very capable of creating the impossible, like to command a virgin to get pregnant and deliver a bouncing baby boy! You, on the other hand has to bring the act of conjugation to it. You limit the power of God Almighty! this is the same God who created all things, including the Angels, heavens and earth, including the moon (I mentioned the moon to amuse davidylan's mindset about moon god!), etc! Yet this God is never tired and there is nothing impossible for Him to do!

Are you going to take me up on the offer of you leaving Christianity, including all your loved ones, if I can direct you to even a single verse missing in any published and accepted Protestant Bible? Yet the same verse is entered or added into another published and accepted protestant Bible, from the same publishing company? I will not even include the Catholic's Douwy version, in this presentation. This single proof of two different Bibles coming from the same publisher, at different times, should be enough.

You are a smart individual. Just accept my offer and be saved! OJIGBIJIGBI! Thats a new ONE! But I like it. Lets go.

Thanks for your offer dear.
I was not born a Christian.
I accepted Christ as my saviour willingly at the tender age of 17.
The first in my family to do so.
I've gone too far, honey.

The bedrock of Christianity lies in the purpose of Christ's birth.
He came solely to save mankind and that he did!
Picking at various translations for missing phrases is an exercise in futility.
To what end?
what does it change?
I have and read the King James Bible and most Christians read the King James.
It has all the message I need,so thanks but no thanks. grin

1 Like

Re: Christian Terrorists! by JeSoul(f): 12:12am On Nov 10, 2007
Pilgrim, Davidylan, Nwando, Recadelide, cGift
as part of the body, I am proud of you all! I applaud all ur responses and give u props for obeying 1 Pet 3
Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.
Re: Christian Terrorists! by olabowale(m): 2:00am On Nov 10, 2007
@Jesoul: Don't be so sure. These guys listed by you are running scared. You should, too. I have an offer on the table to blow the lid off the bible. Two Bibles, from the same publishing company, one printed after the other; One has John 3:16, while the other does not! Which is the true Bible, between them? We do not have to even talk about othe BIbles, one different from the other!

If I can point this flipflopping in the Bible to you, I want you and your loved ones, to get out of christianity. Then study islam with open mind. maybe you will receive guidance!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness / Zimbabwe: Woman Slumps And Dies In Church After Giving Testimony (pics) / A Yoruba Man Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections- Prophet Onyekachukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.