Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 (5775 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Manchester United: 66% (6 votes)
QPR: 33% (3 votes)
Draw: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich (2 - 1 ) On 25th April 2012 / UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (1 - 2) On 21st April 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by mukina2: 10:15am On Apr 08, 2012
Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand has warned younger brother Anton not to expect a pat on the back if QPR record a shock win at Old Trafford.

The brothers have always been close - a bond that was evident earlier this season when Rio publicly spoke up for Anton after he was allegedly racially abused by John Terry - a charge the Chelsea captain will deny in court in July.

But on Sunday it will be strictly business.

Family loyalties will be split, with United desperate for three points to strengthen their grip on the Barclays Premier League title and QPR's need just as obvious as they fight to stay in the top flight.

And if past history is anything to go by, it would be better not to approach Rio if it all goes wrong for United.

"It will be special if we win,'' he said. "I can enjoy it if we win.

"If we lose I go into hiding and don't come out.

"I don't speak to family or anyone for a few days. That is just the way it is.''

At 33 and a father of three, Ferdinand might have grown out of such reactions by now. Not a bit of it.

"My family just go with who needs the result,'' he said.

"This time I don't think they can side with anyone because we both need to win.

"I have blanked family and friends at Upton Park before because we have not got the right result.

"They have been texting to ask where I am and I have just got on the bus and made my way back to Manchester.

"I don't reply for a couple of days. I get in a sulk sometimes because I want to win.''

Sir Alex Ferguson's team head into the contest having hit top form at precisely the right time, picking up 31 points from the last 33 available.

And, while QPR's recent results at Loftus Road include victories over Liverpool and Arsenal, it is November since they last won away from home - losing five out of seven, including their last three.

In addition, the London side have recorded just one triumph in their entire history at Old Trafford, although it was a pretty impressive one as Dennis Bailey scored a hat-trick in a 4-1 success two decades ago.

With two matches in four days, Ferguson has promised to make changes, which may involve a significant role for Phil Jones.

The 20-year-old has enjoyed a remarkable debut season after arriving from Blackburn in the summer, even claiming one of the England berths Ferdinand used to think of as his.

"Phil has done fantastically well to come into this squad, play the amount of games he has and have that kind of impact,'' Ferdinand said.

"When you join a club like United at such a young age it can work both ways.

"It can swallow you up because you can't deal with the pressure and expectations of the fans or you can swim and just keep going forward, putting in good performances and looking like you have been here for years.

"He has done the latter. I am sure he has exceeded people's expectations, the manager included.''

Mark Hughes believes QPR can surprise United if they put in a similar performance to that shown against Arsenal last weekend.

Sir Alex Ferguson's side come into the Old Trafford clash looking for an eighth successive Barclays Premier League victory, although the Hoops' aspirations are at the other end of the table.

QPR are running out of games to stave off relegation but head to the north west on the back of a morale-boosting 2-1 victory against Arsenal.

Rs boss Hughes was proud of his side's performance against the Gunners and wants more of the same on Sunday.

"The three points was the main thing but the pleasing part from my point of view was the manner of the performance,'' the Welshman said.

"I think from start to finish it was a good, solid performance and we had a good understanding of what we had to do to go and get a result against them.

"The lads went out and performed to the letter so really, from my point of view, we have to keep on replicating that and the application that we showed.

"The determination to see the game through to its conclusion was there for everybody to see so if we show that in the games we have remaining we will pick up more points, which is obviously the order of the day.''

Hughes will again be without Djibril Cisse through suspension, although he can call upon DJ Campbell and Heidar Helguson once again.

Both strikers have been sidelined for more than two months, but top scorer Helguson returns from a groin injury and summer signing Campbell is back after a hamstring problem.

Match
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by mukina2: 1:33pm On Apr 08, 2012
game on!
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by fredoooooo: 1:40pm On Apr 08, 2012
pdp power .----lets go there grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by mkmyers45(m): 1:43pm On Apr 08, 2012
Hmm..PDP at work grin grin
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by fredoooooo: 1:45pm On Apr 08, 2012
hahahahah ...what a joke ..offside + diving + red card at the same time , Bleep english FA ... the useless refree didnt even waste a second before awarding the penalty , this is a joke
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by mukina2: 1:47pm On Apr 08, 2012
heheheh ojoro united rooney scores the pen
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by jajad: 1:48pm On Apr 08, 2012
Game over.
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by executinal(m): 1:49pm On Apr 08, 2012
pdp ;Dpdp

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by ayoflyn(m): 1:49pm On Apr 08, 2012
pls, what site can i watch the matches pls?
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by IYANGBALI: 1:51pm On Apr 08, 2012
PENARITY AND IT IS A GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by goksman007(m): 1:52pm On Apr 08, 2012
PDP..Power to Man Utd..d referee n linesman are both jokers..so unfair.
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by ADAADA1(m): 1:55pm On Apr 08, 2012
grin grin grin grin ojoro will never stop for this world of football, man,,,disconected , see another revel of PDP oh ,
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by omodapson(m): 1:56pm On Apr 08, 2012
Is this a joke? Rooney commited a bookable offence, the stupid referee let it go, a clear offside decision and a dive was taken for a plenty. To add insult to injury, an 'innocent' player got sent off. This is insane! But why?
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by ADAADA1(m): 1:58pm On Apr 08, 2012
PDP..Power to Man Utd..d referee n linesman are both jokers..so unfair.

gbam and out, that is man,,disconected for you , PDP , USELESS REF ,
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by IYANGBALI: 1:59pm On Apr 08, 2012
ayoflyn: pls, what site can i watch the matches pls?
check cartoon network or african magic yoruba grin
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by youngdee168(m): 2:00pm On Apr 08, 2012
Its high time we introduce the concept of robotic referees, to overcome the problem of errors in the game.
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by fredoooooo: 2:03pm On Apr 08, 2012
i think it is hightime they allow fans bring gun to the stadium , they are playing too much with peoples emotions grin grin grin grin angry grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by ADAADA1(m): 2:06pm On Apr 08, 2012
FREDOOOOOOO. GBAM I AGREE WITH YOU , grin EXPECIALY WHEN MAN DISCONECTED IS PLAYING ,
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by ADAADA1(m): 2:09pm On Apr 08, 2012
CRICK HERE TO WATCH IT LIVE IF YOU ARE IN ASIA, http://yingchao.pptv.com/
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by ayoflyn(m): 2:10pm On Apr 08, 2012
you must be mentally deranged
IYA NGBALI: check cartoon network or african magic yoruba grin
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by IYANGBALI: 2:11pm On Apr 08, 2012
abeg make una warn Taiye Taiwo,he should not fok with my boys o
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by emmke(m): 2:12pm On Apr 08, 2012
big joke. no way i'd be proud of a team that wins like this.
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by mkmyers45(m): 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2012
I talk am.... PDP somebody? sad
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by fredoooooo: 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2012
ADA---ADA:
FREDOOOOOOO. GBAM I AGREE WITH YOU , grin EXPECIALY WHEN MAN DISCONECTED IS PLAYING ,

na true now , can you imagine these fools doing same thing each game, if the fans gun down one refree for doing ojoro , the rest will sit right ....yeye people grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by jspac(m): 2:14pm On Apr 08, 2012
If you don't like the refree's decision hug transformer. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by BodyKiss(m): 2:15pm On Apr 08, 2012
emmke: big joke. no way i'd be proud of a team that wins like this.

abeg go and seat down.
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by mkmyers45(m): 2:15pm On Apr 08, 2012
fredoooooo:

na true now , can you imagine these fools doing same thing each game, if the fans gun down one refree for doing ojoro , the rest will sit right ....yeye people grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by ADAADA1(m): 2:18pm On Apr 08, 2012
If you don't like the refree's decision hug transformer.

nna nawa for ohhhhhhh, why can,t you tell the truth for once
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by honeric01(m): 2:19pm On Apr 08, 2012
Man EPL United, wow, nice nice nice, this is why they remain local champions lol
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by ZUBY77(m): 2:20pm On Apr 08, 2012
Why are they so much man united haters on this thread ?
Re: Manchester United Vs QPR (2 - 0) On 8th April 2012 by BodyKiss(m): 2:21pm On Apr 08, 2012
honeric01: Man EPL United, wow, nice nice nice, this is why they remain local champions lol

for your mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Leicester City Vs Manchester City (0 - 1) On 13th December 2014 / Arsenal Vs Swansea City (0 - 2) - On 1st December 2012 / John Terry: Fa Set To Remove England Captaincy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.