Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,293 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Need HELP With PHP - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Need HELP With PHP (1677 Views)

Creating An Alumni Site With Php And Mysql / Designing A Site With Php And Oracle Tutorial (Oracle 10G) / Controlling Cpanel With Php Scripts To Create Email, Dbase, Subdomains: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need HELP With PHP by rubycute(f): 9:14pm On Apr 08, 2012
Re: Need HELP With PHP by DualCore1: 6:44am On Apr 09, 2012
rubycute: Am very intelligent, and I believe with a good ebook on PHP and MYSQL, I can really teach myself.
Are you online on any chat application (yahoo, skype, gtalk) or blackberry? Let's talk PHP.
Re: Need HELP With PHP by ooshekeen: 8:48am On Apr 09, 2012
I have what you need, its called "PHP Master" writing cutting-edge codes and also "Build your Website Using PHP & MySQL".

The two ebooks are excellent, comprehensible and very affordable..

I will send you the sample chapters of the two ebook to your email address...

Just check it out and tell me what you think..

While you do that... LIKE our facebook page:

www.facebook.com/cyberma3x

Re: Need HELP With PHP by sisqology(m): 10:17am On Apr 09, 2012
You can see me
Re: Need HELP With PHP by Gmmail(m): 11:07am On Apr 09, 2012
php mysql novice to professional, Php & jquery
they are good books to start learning php. Google search would give you those ebooks for free
Re: Need HELP With PHP by fizanos(m): 2:12pm On Apr 09, 2012
Re: Need HELP With PHP by dansmog(m): 2:52am On Apr 10, 2012
google search it! php beginner.
follow w3schools and tizag: good tutorials; am using it too!
give the first poster one of those that he ask.
Re: Need HELP With PHP by nicekeno(m): 11:32am On Apr 10, 2012
Check your email, I have sent you 3 powerful ebooks on Php and MySql. It cost me over $85 to acquire those ebooks, no jokes!
Re: Need HELP With PHP by farouqzaib: 11:42am On Apr 10, 2012
Please @OP, Since you seem to be a beginner in web programming, I wouldn't advice you opening that PHP Master book. It's like learning to fly before you know how to walk. Most experienced devs will say it's not hard, that's cos they are "experienced" so the light bulbs just clicks. I'll advice you use beginning PHP and MySQL from Novice to Professional. And study it, don't just read. Write every code you have to, don't copy and paste.

All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Need HELP With PHP by DualCore1: 1:48pm On Apr 10, 2012
farouqzaib: Please @OP, Since you seem to be a beginner in web programming, I wouldn't advice you opening that PHP Master book. It's like learning to fly before you know how to walk. Most experienced devs will say it's not hard, that's cos they are "experienced" so the light bulbs just clicks. I'll advice you use beginning PHP and MySQL from Novice to Professional. And study it, don't just read. Write every code you have to, don't copy and paste.

All the best!

I agree with you. I can't remember ever having to help anyone out here with a set of PHP books because of the learning curve. However I like Ruby's confidence and I have provided her (via email) with the books listed below. Hopefully we will see a PHP developer in a couple of months.

Manning.PHP.in.Action.Jun.2007.pdf
Oreilly.Essential.PHP.Security.Oct.2005.chm
PHP.Object.Oriented.Solutions.Aug.2008.pdf
PHP5 for dummies.pdf
PHP5PowerProgramming.pdf
The Zend PHP Certification Practice Test Book.pdf
zend.php.5.certification.study.guide.-.second.edition.pdf

1 Like

Re: Need HELP With PHP by bakenda(m): 4:13pm On Apr 10, 2012
You can also download some free manuals to get you started
at the link below:

Free PHP Manuals
Re: Need HELP With PHP by farouqzaib: 4:56pm On Apr 10, 2012
Also guys, I know we are all trying to help. However, I have found out/noticed something in me and a couple others when learning a language/tech. Whenever people have a wide array of recommended books or resources, they do not really follow one(I know I don't, at least in my noob years), they just move from one to another, hence not really learning anything(I speak for myself and about 20 guys I know who do the same).

I suggest we only recommend books(maybe the *good* ones we read when we were in her shoes) that will help a beginner and she can pick from the oft-repeated/recommended book(s). We can even rank them on a scale(say 1 - 10 being from best to worst) and then hopefully the one with the highest will be the best.

Personally, I recommend "Beginning PHP and MySQL from Novice to Professional" and I give it a resounding 1. If you can really study and master the concept, you will be well on your way to becoming a good developer.

NOTE: We can even have a library of recommended PHP books for noobs in this forum.

I hope you guys get my idea.

2 Likes

Re: Need HELP With PHP by bakenda(m): 6:58pm On Apr 10, 2012
If she can lay her hands on the popular book
by Kevin Yank - "Build Your Own Database Driven Website with PHP/MySQL".
It's good for beginners.
Re: Need HELP With PHP by nicekeno(m): 10:59am On Apr 11, 2012
I suggest we only recommend books(maybe the *good* ones we read when we were in her shoes)

I buy your idea. Please suggest books you have read and if possible rate it. You should be able to do this if you have read all the books you recommended.
Re: Need HELP With PHP by farouqzaib: 12:55pm On Apr 11, 2012
I buy your idea. Please suggest books you have read and if possible rate it. You should be able to do this if you have read all the books you recommended.

@nicekeno I don't mean to be forward and I'm sorry if I'm wrong. I think you intended a pun in the above quote. I suggested and rated only a book which I know is appropriate for her level(coz I used it, s'matter of fact still do albeit seldom).

I just don't want us confusing the OP with books we recommend. Like I said before, I'm sorry if no pun was intended.
Re: Need HELP With PHP by DualCore1: 1:14pm On Apr 11, 2012
farouqzaib:

NOTE: We can even have a library of recommended PHP books for noobs in this forum.

I recommended the "PHP5 for dummies" because I read that cover to cover. It touches basically every part of PHP, some in more details than others. The other books in that list are for specific areas of PHP and can be read after completing the PHP for Dummies.
Re: Need HELP With PHP by farouqzaib: 1:54pm On Apr 11, 2012
I recommended the "PHP5 for dummies" because I read that cover to cover

Seconded! While I haven't really read this book in particular, I can vouch for the dummies series(I have read a few) cos I think it's well suited for er' beginners.
Re: Need HELP With PHP by nicekeno(m): 8:13pm On Apr 11, 2012
Ruby you have really got some help from all of us. Well it's not all about recommendations. I trust you have started reading one, lets know your favourite and why. We are also expecting questions from you as you explore the world of php. Whatever is your problem, someone here will definitely provide a solution to it. So don't study alone, lets know how ur progressing...
Thanks.
Re: Need HELP With PHP by rubycute(f): 10:51am On Apr 13, 2012
nicekeno: Ruby you have really got some help from all of us. Well it's not all about recommendations. I trust you have started reading one, lets know your favourite and why. We are also expecting questions from you as you explore the world of php. Whatever is your problem, someone here will definitely provide a solution to it. So don't study alone, lets know how ur progressing...
Thanks.
Well! I have started with PHP5 for Dummies as recommended by Dual Core. I have no problems with it yet. Will let u guyz no of any problems in future. I selected the book, cos of the emphasis here that's all.
Re: Need HELP With PHP by DualCore1: 1:52pm On Apr 13, 2012
After reading PHP5 for dummies I recommend you read the PHP.in.Action.Jun.2007.pdf.

PHP5 for Dummies only brushes the surface of Object Oriented Programming (OOP). PHP In Action focuses on OOP, Agile programming and Unit testing. These are just ways to make your coding experience more fun, more interesting and more productive. Please try to finish that PHP5 for Dummies book before anything else.
Re: Need HELP With PHP by Therages: 3:22pm On Apr 14, 2012
@nicekeno can i get those books too. Actualy not a dummy buh nid 2 wrap some code arnd my head on my spare time.
My email: sobeo17 at gmail .com
Re: Need HELP With PHP by nicekeno(m): 2:03pm On Apr 15, 2012
Therages: @nicekeno can i get those books too. Actualy not a dummy buh nid 2 wrap some code arnd my head on my spare time.
My email: sobeo17 at gmail .com

OK.
Re: Need HELP With PHP by Therages: 6:20pm On Apr 15, 2012
tanx alot in advance @nicekeno
Re: Need HELP With PHP by rubycute(f): 5:54pm On Jun 27, 2012
Sup Dual core! How is business..? Thanks for the ebooks, they have been a great help.
Re: Need HELP With PHP by oscar4luv(m): 8:23pm On Jun 27, 2012
You can visit those sites mentioned above. But if you need personal help, pm me.
Re: Need HELP With PHP by Therages: 3:07pm On Jun 30, 2012
Visit this site to get along with the best php developers, its a coding standard both (Zend) and (PEAR2) use. It has all the best practices, do's and don'ts www(.)horde(.)org/apps/horde/docs/CODING_STANDARDS
And for the guys, please drop me the php ebooks => sobeo17 at gmail(.)com jst advanced OOP and MySQL or ANY 1 please.
Re: Need HELP With PHP by sarutobi: 4:17pm On Jun 30, 2012
just go and read beginning PHP from novice to professional by jason gilmore. forget others, they are too easy(hence teaching you nothing) or too hard(gives u a headache)
Read from cover to cover. (over a 1000 pages)

that was the guy that taught me PHP over 7 yrs ago
Re: Need HELP With PHP by rubycute(f): 6:12am On Dec 13, 2012
you all were a great help. Thanks guys.

(1) (Reply)

How To Convert From . To A Custom Domain Name Using Godaddy / Swift internet Is a Fraud.please stay away from them / I Need A Good Wordpress Designer To Set-up A Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.