Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Designing A Site With Php And Oracle Tutorial (Oracle 10G) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Designing A Site With Php And Oracle Tutorial (Oracle 10G) (5998 Views)

5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner / Form Validation Tutorial Using Javascript, Php And Ajax! / Designing A Website: For Beginners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Designing A Site With Php And Oracle Tutorial (Oracle 10G) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 05, 2010
This is based on a project i just completed. I am just going to do the highlights. Anyone interested? before i waste space and time writing junks.
Re: Designing A Site With Php And Oracle Tutorial (Oracle 10G) by cmespeak: 6:42pm On Jul 06, 2010
bros, i'm interested i'l need yr stuff,just drop it.
Re: Designing A Site With Php And Oracle Tutorial (Oracle 10G) by bosunng: 6:59pm On Jul 06, 2010
drop it bro to my email bosun_ng@yahoo.com
Re: Designing A Site With Php And Oracle Tutorial (Oracle 10G) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 06, 2010
cmespeak:

bros, i'm interested i'l need yr stuff,just drop it.
ok bro, you ave encouraged me. i have started working at the screenshots.
To startup, you need a localserver like wamp. I actually did it with wamp, but you can use any other offline server. And when you go online, you need a server that support php and oracle 10g.
Offline, You need to install "Oracle 10G Home" and also an offline server like wamp, xampp or whatever. To do the basic part of this project, you do not require any prior knowlege of oracle. I simply extended my knowlege of php/mysql into this project, and had to do a few google search to help along the way.
As you will find out, oracle sql is very similar to MySQL, however, there are some things missing, for instance, there is no AUTOINCREMENT field in oracle, you need to use a SEQUENCE and tie it up. . .with triggers and guns to make that work. Then also, there is no direct replacement for longtext, you need to use CLOB datatype which has a slightly different usage, but same functionality as longtext.
And the code for limiting as in "select username from table 1 limit 1,10" is now different in oracle.

To be continued.

bosun.ng:

drop it bro to my email bosun_ng@yahoo.com
Sorry, this is a forum. And the tutorial is going to be a discussion with questions and answers, it is meant to be an interactive section.
Re: Designing A Site With Php And Oracle Tutorial (Oracle 10G) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 06, 2010
Bros, i have always wanted to learn ORACLE even if it's at a basic and of course with my darling PHP,

Plz get it rolling!
Re: Designing A Site With Php And Oracle Tutorial (Oracle 10G) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 06, 2010
I am compiling my screenshot. I will start posting them tomorow. I am assuming you guyz are familiar with mysql because i am going to be comparing with oracle. Prior to the project i know nothing about using oracle, i just did a crash course in less than one day and was able to :
- create a dbase in access
- create users
- add tables and
- execute queries
which are still the basic steps of mysql. Meanwhile, you guyz can look for a book on oracle mysql tutorial.
Re: Designing A Site With Php And Oracle Tutorial (Oracle 10G) by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 22, 2010
The first part of the tutorial has been uploaded to my website - Click here to visit the download page
There are no download restrictions for this, just feel free to download. I will answer questions here.

Description of the content is:

This is a short-introduction to how to create a php/oracle web application. In this tutorial, we are going to look at how to create a web php site and make use of oracle 10G as the backend.
Re: Designing A Site With Php And Oracle Tutorial (Oracle 10G) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 22, 2010
i will take questions from here.

(1) (Reply)

5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy / Blogging Or Youtube Channels? / Best Way To Download Videos On Youtube Without Softwares, Torrents, Plug-ins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.