Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,925 members, 7,821,242 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? (67892 Views)

Is Wrestling Real, Fake, Acted, Or Drama?check Out / Is Wrestling Real Or Acting? World Wrestling Entertainment / Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by ima1(f): 3:30am On Nov 13, 2007
its a mixture of both because people get injured when perfroming moves, but its fake because everything is organized, i've had the pleasure of being in the front row seat at a wrestling even and some of them were pretty real and painful, like when they get thrown out of the ring or hit with a chair.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by theboy0808(m): 3:47am On Nov 13, 2007
Wrestling is the 'fakest' sport there is. Some people argue about blood but I keep tellin' them 'don't you see blood in American movies?' pu-lease!
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by allonym: 4:05am On Nov 13, 2007
It's fake in that the matches are scripted and outcome is known in advance.

It is real in that the moves being performed (excepting body hits and being beat by chairs and whatnot) are real. Those backflips, real. Think about it. A 200+lb guy. These are huge guys. Doing backflips! Jumping off rope, real. Flipping a 200lb guy in the air (even though he's helping) very real.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by mellow(m): 7:57am On Nov 13, 2007
FactorChic:

I've seen several matches here in Detroit, the only thing fake about Wrestling is, they already know who will win or not, it is scripted, but all the fights, the sledge hammers, ladders and everything, REAL!!!! Get a ticket, too bad Wrestle Mania 24 is sold out, The fights are all real

Makes sense.[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 13, 2007
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal_Screwjob

excerpts:

The Montreal Screwjob was the real life double-crossing of the defending WWF Champion, Bret Hart, by Vince McMahon, the owner of what was then the World Wrestling Federation (WWF), during the main event match of the professional wrestling pay-per-view event Survivor Series held on November 9, 1997 at the Molson Centre (now Bell Centre) in Montreal, Quebec. A secret change of the match's pre-determined finish (known as a "screwjob" in professional wrestling parlance) was devised by McMahon and discussed with Hart's match opponent, Shawn Michaels. The plan was executed when the match referee, Earl Hebner, under orders from McMahon, called for the bell to ring and ended the match as Michaels held Hart in the Sharpshooter submission hold (Hart's signature finishing move), even though Hart had not submitted. Michaels was declared the victor by submission and crowned as the new WWF Champion, even as Hart and the audience demonstrated their outrage.

The reason for the screwjob was rooted in Hart's decision to leave McMahon's company for its chief competitor, World Championship Wrestling (WCW). Hart, who cited a clause in his contract that granted him "reasonable creative control", was steadfast in his refusal to lose a match hosted in his home country, Canada, especially against Shawn Michaels, with whom he did not get along. McMahon remained insistent that Hart should lose to Michaels in Montreal, fearing that his company's business would suffer if WCW announced Hart as its latest signing while he still held the WWF Championship title. Although Hart and McMahon agreed to a compromise on the match ending that allowed Hart to retain the title, McMahon was determined to remove the title from Hart.

The far-reaching impact of the incident led to its adoption as a theme in matches and storylines of the WWF's Attitude Era and the creation of the popular character, "Mr. McMahon", the evil boss. Hart was ostracized from the WWF, while McMahon and Michaels continued to receive angry responses from audiences for many years. However, the relationship between Hart and McMahon later healed, culminating in Hart's induction on April 1, 2006 into the company's Hall of Fame.

you can find out more about our modern scripted arena/coliseum by clicking on the relevant links in the article

1 Like

Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by uchetobi(f): 8:16am On Nov 13, 2007
of course its not real
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by divanaija1: 8:53am On Nov 13, 2007
Not real.Pure entertainment where u hav ta hurt yourself to mak it look real.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by ehie007(m): 9:05am On Nov 13, 2007
Am a fan of WWE wrestling. Av been following it since GOD knows when.

Wrestling is real acting, the stunts are well practiced b4 they are carried out.

Its all about entertainment. thats all.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by mekoyo(m): 9:13am On Nov 13, 2007
Its an entertainment. But sometimes i wonder when these wrestlings comes up and you see blood all over a wrestlers face. How do they do that? Cause from what we have here, its a game, one of hollywoods entertainment as the case may be.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by tushman(m): 9:38am On Nov 13, 2007
i love watching WWE man.i know its acting but like wyclef said with dwayne "the rock" johnson, "it doesn't matter"
Posted by: kojeiwa
It used to be called the WWF - World Wrestling Federation, but the Government intervened and
said since its not real, it should be considered an entertainment, so they changed it to
WWE - World Wrestling Entertainment. So it's not real, every fight is planned and rehashed.

first of all the name WWE was coined because it conflicted with WWF(WORLD WILDLIFE FUND) not because the government said it was not real.

Posted by: ima1
its a mixture of both because people get injured when perfroming moves, but its fake because everything is organized, i've had the pleasure of being in the front row seat at a wrestling even and some of them were pretty real and painful, like when they get thrown out of the ring or hit with a chair.

[b]the only thing is that its all scripted.what WWE does is create good guys(john cena,triple h,my man bobby lashley) and bad guys(randy orton,umaga,snitsky) and make them fight each other with a pre determined outcome.when a fighter starts his signature finishing move,the other person is expected to play along. atimes they dont , eg{[/b]In this storyline, Holly wanted revenge on Lesnar for (legitimately) breaking his neck during a previous match between the two in 2002. During that match, Lesnar went for a powerbomb, but Holly, believed by some to be uncooperative with rookies, supposedly sandbagged mid-lift so that Lesnar couldn't get him all the way up. Holly compounded the difficulty of the move by not lifting up at the waist. During the struggle, Lesnar (intentionally or unintentionally) planted Holly on his head, leaving him in need of neck surgery and out of action for a year.[47] Lesnar never apologized and even showed insult to injury after the incident. The feud was closed when Lesnar defeated Holly to retain the WWE Championship at the 2004 Royal Rumble.}

if you are not entertained by WWE and you want some real life blood and gore,watch IFL(international fight league),UFC (ultimate fighting championship) etc but i bet you it wont be as entertaining as the fake ass WWE
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 13, 2007
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by niceuzor: 11:33am On Nov 13, 2007
shocked Invalid Link ? @Topic let's Assume it's REAL.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by hispy99(m): 11:45am On Nov 13, 2007
Wresting has ALWAYS been fake, even from the days of Mighty Igor and Hulk Hogan. These guys are paid actors and everyone knows it. Fans watch it for entertainment.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 13, 2007
@nicez oh sorry

i will give you the corret one now sad
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by Kentus(f): 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2007
If an ADULT can  ask this question and get these massive responses and explanations, i guess i shud start another very interesting thread.

IS SOCCER REAL OR ACTED?[color=#000099][/color]

Im serious ;DPls reply!!!
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 13, 2007
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by chuckdee4(m): 12:32pm On Nov 13, 2007
Kentus:

If an ADULT can ask this question and get these massive responses and explanations, i guess i should start another very interesting thread.

IS SOCCER REAL OR ACTED?[color=#000099][/color]

I'm serious ;DPls reply!!!

Footbal isn't wrestling, for ur own sake don't ask that kindda question, u'll get roasted

@ Poster: Have u ever wondered why the bookies don't bet on wrestling, i mean every other sport is bet on why not wrestling, cos its predetermined
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by weebee(f): 1:37pm On Nov 13, 2007
I could remember when we were young we would gather round our black and white TV to watch wrestling with my dad. i strongly believe then it was as real as real but nowadays I dont know what they are doing any longer doesnt look real to me again.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by henchmark: 2:59pm On Nov 13, 2007
YES, ITS AS REAL AS " terminator, anaconda, rambo 1st, 2nd, 50th blood"
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by femi4love(m): 3:38pm On Nov 13, 2007
I thought "WWE" meant "World Wrestling Entertainment" smiley. On a serious note, in the mid- 70s, I used to think it was real, but now I have no single doubt it's all entertainment.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by Akolawole(m): 3:46pm On Nov 13, 2007
I always believe its real until 1999.

Since then i lost interest completely.

I remember when few of them came to Ibadan many years ago. Mighty Igor and co were lodge at KS motel in total garden.

Tome, bye-bye wrestling cry
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by olumighty(m): 4:05pm On Nov 13, 2007
I am not saying it's not real or real. My advice is that try to get to the ring and plan for sledge hammer and hard steel be used as weapon to make u bleed.
Fine there is entertainment mixed with action bt the moves are too real to be fake.
Go and watch Great Khali fight with real mysterio and see No mercy u will understand.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by chuckdee4(m): 4:12pm On Nov 13, 2007
olumighty:

I am not saying it's not real or real. My advice is that try to get to the ring and plan for sledge hammer and hard steel be used as weapon to make u bleed.
Fine there is entertainment mixed with action bt the moves are too real to be fake.
Go and watch Great Khali fight with real mysterio and see No mercy u will understand.

Wrestlers are pretty much stunt men, in as much as wrestling aint real, wrestlers are trained to take hits, minor hits not major hits.
All these talk about sledge hammers n chairs are all stunts, why do u think HHH is the only wrestler that uses a hammer, thats cos he's the only one who knows how to use it.
Come on if u got hit by a hammer for real u would become a vegetable, it may look like a sledge hammer strike but in actual sense, the hammer never connected like we're fooled to believe, that why its called entertainment.

Stunts like thumb tacs n broken glass are real, thats why very few wrestlers get involved with such, besides when performed well enough, u only get minor injuries, which these wrestlers are happy to do all in the name of entertaining their fans.

Like i said wrestlers are stunt men who are built to take hits thats why the likes of rey mysterio can take hit after hit and still come back next week like nothing happened.

There is definetly pain associated with wrestling hence the "Don't try this at home" warning but it is so not a sport and cannot be taken seriously, its just entertainment
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by Dios(f): 4:22pm On Nov 13, 2007
Someone please shut this thread down.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by FactorChic(f): 4:57pm On Nov 13, 2007
PEOPLE CAME ALL THE WAY FROM ITALY TO THE US JUST TO GET TICKETS TO SEE WRESTLE MANIA 24 WHICH IS COMING UP SOON, I'VE BEEN WATCHING WRESTLING ALL MY LIFE, WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO WASTE SUCH AN AMOUNT OF MONEY TO GO AND SEE SOMETHING THAT IS FAKE? OF COS IT IS SCRIPTED, IF YOU THINK THE FIGHTS AND ALL ARE FAKE, YOU DON'T NEED TO ARGUE, TAKE THE WORDS OF THOSE THAT HAVE SEEN THE FIGHTS LIVE, OR GO AND BUY A TICKET AND GO SEE IT YOURSELF, ALL THE SMOKES AND EVERYTHING IS ALL REAL, YOU WILL EVEN SMELL IT FROM AFAR, THEY KNOW WHO WILL WIN AND WHO WILL NOT, BUT THEM JUMPING OFF AND ON, IN D RING, IS ALL REAL, WHY DO THEY GET PAID SO MUCH? MILLIONS OF PEOPLE CAME TO DETROIT FOR THE LAST MATCH THEY HAD HERE, IT'S ALL REAL!!!!!
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by sod4luv(m): 6:34pm On Nov 13, 2007
Not real, just entertainment!
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by kaypinchi(m): 8:21pm On Nov 13, 2007
The fights are real
The fighters are real people-[sub][/sub]not robots
The stage is real
The blood, chairs, weapons used are real
The injuries are real
The crowd is real
The referee is real
The money earned is real money
The promoters are real people
The entertainment is real

What more can be real there?
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by radiation(m): 10:15pm On Nov 13, 2007
Wrestling is all about ACTING Simple!
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by naijadiva2(f): 11:22pm On Nov 13, 2007
kaypinchi:

The fights are real
The fighters are real people-[sub][/sub]not robots
The stage is real
The blood, chairs, weapons used are real
The injuries are real
The crowd is real
The referee is real
The money earned is real money
The promoters are real people
The entertainment is real

What more can be real there?

everything is not real. the fight is not all that really, they practice the moves, the blood ain't real, and the injuries are not real but of course the money and entertainment are real.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by ngongo(f): 12:39am On Nov 14, 2007
Its for real oooooooo.If not,
How will u explain the fact that John Cena and Bobby Lashley have to be away from the match for several months,due to injuries sustained during the fights?
  How do u also explain the Return of Shawn Michaels and the likes that just resumed because they went for surgeries?
  How do u also explain the death of one of them,that died some time ago?
  Agreed that some of them are script written,but these are usually the ones,where its obvious that they are acting,like d last one between Santinno Mario and the Actor-Stone cold Austin.
  With all these,I am convinced that the WWE is for real,and remember that the wrestlers make a living from this.Also note all the tributes made to the wrestlers that lost their life in one way or the other.If its not real,How come they make these tributes?
  U guys should reconsider,and know that all these are real,and not fake.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by naijadiva2(f): 1:28am On Nov 14, 2007
everyone knows it fake. anybody can fake an injury.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by olofofo(m): 8:18am On Nov 14, 2007
Real KO,

REALITY NI!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Daily Sure Bet To Bet And Win. Please Follow Me. / Super Eagles Players Pour Water On Mikel In The Dressing Room. / Hilarious Lionel Messi Pictures After Barcelona's 4:0 Loss To Liverpool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.