Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? (12311 Views)

Which Of The Musical Instruments Do You Love Playing Or Listening To / Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Musicians You Will Love To See / Which Musical Instrument Can You Play? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Balyz: 1:34am On Jun 02, 2012
Guitarlife: I started out as a contemporary guitarist and became good on acoustic , lead and base then i crossed to classical with violin and saxophone now with a strong music sight reading advantage i am learning to become a jazz pianist. All these instruments are self taught too. So i play three type of guitar, violin , saxophone and piano.
please approximately how long does it take for one to learn how to play the guitar?
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Reuben2012(m): 2:00am On Jun 02, 2012
@Guitarlife i contacted the guy gave me his number and a meeting was held on saturday we did some songs and bro busuyi promised that our next meeting will be on sightrigde/instrument.i like the group i think it will makes me knw more abt music.thanks to u,hope to meet u one on one when u are free.take care
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Nobody: 2:23am On Jun 02, 2012
GUITAR FOR LIFE!
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by simo2rule(m): 5:02am On Jun 02, 2012
Hi every1, I play the recorder well. I wanna learn to play the keyboard and bass guitar(ma best musical instrument). I live in Ojodu lagos, does anybody know where I can learn and not really far from ma crib?
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by bknight: 5:47am On Jun 02, 2012
Saxophone. Been looking to buy one, how do I a good one?
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Ninilowo(m): 6:18am On Jun 02, 2012
key board, guitar and drumset.

1 Like

Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by straighthome: 6:20am On Jun 02, 2012
@bknight...depends on where you are....ive been out of lagos for too long to know where and what again...if you are in abuja you can try the music store at ceddi plaza or call a saxophonist by name dare 08052730797. it might be helpful for you know that there are the soprano, alto, tenor and baritone sax.....the sounds you may be able to decipher thus....kenny g - soprano sax, grover washinghton - alto sax, fela - tenor sax and the baritone sax is more common within an ensemble. goodluck.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 02, 2012
Reuben2012: @Guitarlife i contacted the guy gave me his number and a meeting was held on saturday we did some songs and bro busuyi promised that our next meeting will be on sightrigde/instrument.i like the group i think it will makes me knw more abt music.thanks to u,hope to meet u one on one when u are free.take care
you welcome bro and soon you'll be there.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 02, 2012
1supremo: GUITAR FOR LIFE!
did you call my name?
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 02, 2012
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by manitobor(m): 7:19am On Jun 02, 2012
I'd love to learn how to play the piano/keyboard, violin and acoustic guitar. I'm so in love with the sound produced by these instruments. There are some fantastic self help books and info online so I hope to teach myself.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 02, 2012
How can I learn to play the violin? I need to reproduce some of the Schubert I've been listening to sad
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 02, 2012
plus, I remember giving up music lessons, cos every music lesson I knew or could join had to be a christian one, interested only in the reproduction of christian music. Is it possible to find a teacher who would teach based only on classical music or secular music?
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 02, 2012
sauer: plus, I remember giving up music lessons, cos every music lesson I knew or could join had to be a christian one, interested only in the reproduction of christian music. Is it possible to find a teacher who would teach based only on classical music or secular music?
have you ever seen a musical instrument in a mosque?
Music is a spirit believe me and it's an instrument of christian worship.
For you to make a break through in music or any instrument you've got to be intoxicated by that spirit.
Now some binge on that spirit and go ahead to use the gift for diverse other reason's .
Why do you think some people have been learning to play an instrument for year's even with good instructional materials and they never break even.
Most people who contributed to my musicianship are now lagging way behind me. I mean people who taught me the rope's.
All the song's they play in the army are all tune's of christian hymn's o.
The church is the spinal chord that music rests on and you can never find any where you will be taught to play a musical instrument that you won't have to play christian stuff's cos it's the christian's that developed the real music.(i mean real and good stuffs like jazz, chordal application's, tritone's e.t.c )
Ps: i know it might be difficult to understand me easily that was why I took the pain. I hope you understand now.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by job23: 8:37am On Jun 02, 2012
can u kindly recommend where to learn instrument in lagos.i want to learn asap
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Afam4eva(m): 8:37am On Jun 02, 2012
I'll like to take piano lessons. It's my favourite musical instrument.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Tobiustobius: 8:41am On Jun 02, 2012
What I play: Piano.
What I'd like to play: Violin and bass guitar.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by niyitogun(m): 8:45am On Jun 02, 2012
Guitarlife: are you sure that? Mmmhhhh, guitar especially acoustic has got this unique allure. Why do you think people like asa, bob marley, wyclef, jason mraz are irrestible? Piano is neither an orchestra instrument (partly classical though) nor is it a full blooded contemporary but we all know where guitar stands. Plus piano is unnecessarily difficult and boring to learn while it provides lttle room for manipulation unlike slap, pop, hammer on obtainable with guitar. I am learn to be a jazz pianist though but it sure look's like an impossible task at the moment.

Well said, I play the guitar too...u cld also get a gibson jazz guitar arnd 40k and be a jazz guitarist as well, it's sound would blow your mind
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Emmyswat(m): 8:57am On Jun 02, 2012
i play the lead guitar, drums, keyboard, and partially the bass guitar. Music is life. If u want to learn contact me on 08060587907.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 02, 2012
niyitogun:

Well said, I play the guitar too...u cld also get a gibson jazz guitar arnd 40k and be a jazz guitarist as well, it's sound would blow your mind
I'd rather spend that on a cool acoustic I really want to perfect finger style strumming but that stuff is a biacth it keep's making iyself difficult.
I watched jason mraz once and I gave up on being a basist(though i play it soooo goood you'll forget your name listening to me). I wanna strum finger style and sing.
I'm yet to find a blissful feeling like that even an o.rgasm wouldn't compare.
The down side is that you stand a risk of being a womanizer with a guitar than a piano. #proven
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 02, 2012
Piano al Da Way -- Jxt trying to be a Gentleman! cool cool
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 02, 2012
I started with Piano and because of the price of the Real Piano (at least N2 million naira) as I hate keyboards... Only piano or Organ can make me play piano... But now, I recently got a Guitar from Mega Plaza and also a Guitar learning kit from Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Gibsons-Learn-Master-Guitar-Steve/dp/1450721494/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1338625757&sr=8-6) and I am about to start learning my guitar... If I am through with that, get some N5mill and then buy a classic piano to re-start my playing skills... I love the REAL piano sound
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 02, 2012
@Slimyen, lolsss. @Modella, nice. @Onegai, hmmm, sorry about that. @Claumy, nice, trumpet has a unique discrete sound, opposite to violin's continuous sound, and i love both! Listen to Handel's The Trumpets Shall Sound. D way d trumpet, piano, and violin combine is awesome! @Sauer, just learn the principles. Church is a good place to start. @Guitarlife, u funny, womanizing noni. But folks, really, piano is the FUNDAMENTAL instrument n if u can follow d rules n learn d piano atleast averagely, then other instruments wont be a 'biatch', lol. Well, am a beginner, 6 months now on d piano, and yeah, classical may sound a scary word, but c'mon, its just rules n u'l learn to play better. Some Beethoven n Bach pieces are real slow that in a year u can play them. Oh, u gotta learn to sightread! But most important, u gotta learn to MEMORIZE! so u dont av to always sightread a piece to play it. Cos am still slow in sightreading, but my memorizing skills are sharp, so once i practice a piece, am memorizing it segment by segment. Okay, i wana buy Alicia's Keys Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart music score online today n learn it within 2 weeks at most. Am not a guru, but i can sightread averagely n memorize well. Then u gotta get dat Smallwood book for beginners. U know what? As a beginner if u start playing by d rules, u'l learn easier n faster! Obviously, piano is my favorite. And i understand d frustration of most of u cos piano is hard. Am left-handed, and most songs na right-hand dey work pass, so its just dedication. I have a small 5-octave keyboard @home. My tutor took me for 2 months, busy now, so am learning via internet materials. Cowgurl n Guitarlife, u both seem to have gone farther. I like guitar too but wana perfect piano 4now. Wont mind hooking up with y'all. Thanks 4 d thread. @tolukosimi, in my first 2 months, i practiced with d church organ n a tutor n yah d sound is imperial. But just cos i cant afford it dont mean am gona stop! My next door neighbour had a small oldskul yamaha 5-octave keyboard n i borrowed it n av been at it for 3 months, getting better. U dont av to wait until u can buy a million-naira piano. If u really love it, u'l get what u can 4now. Big piano, small piano, same rules apply.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by infolib: 10:01am On Jun 02, 2012
I sing in a choir but My passion and my dream is for the piano perhaps because of my love for classical music, though i've got no tutor but i'm ready to learn. i'll be glad if any piano enthusiast in da house can help me with any self- tutoring materials. My mail is learners04@gmail.com
thanks in anticipation
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 02, 2012
Piano all the way. I sing tenor well in a classical choir but i'd kill to learn the piano. I can read the staff relatively well but i cant play the piano. I love the piano. No other instrument gives as full a chord as piano.dont even mention the guitar, although its sexier sha.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Santi222(m): 10:40am On Jun 02, 2012
I play a little of Acoustic guitar, Lead Guitar and Bass Guitar. All were self taught. Learning to play the Piano too. Music's nice. But I have a problem with running my scales extremely fast... And I'd like to improve on my techinque too. Wonder how to do that, esp as I play alone most of the time. People say it comes with time.. I dunno, as I have been playing guitar for bout 2 and a half years now. Finally, who can give me a really easy explanation on modes and how to apply them while playing? I cant seem to grab all d info i browse bout em.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Aigirl(f): 10:43am On Jun 02, 2012
I play flute and keyboard wella.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Harmvirus(f): 10:58am On Jun 02, 2012
violin smileyviolin
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by amyg(f): 11:25am On Jun 02, 2012
I love music 2 pieces.I sing a lot and would love 2 learn the piano.noone 2 teach me yet
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by bikerboy1(m): 11:51am On Jun 02, 2012
Am not playing any for now, but would like to learn Guiter(bass). Can someone pls tell me how long it would take one to learn Guiter?
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by cowgurl: 12:02pm On Jun 02, 2012
Hey Guitarlife, you are doing great on here, kudos!
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by drumma(m): 12:08pm On Jun 02, 2012
I have played the keyboards, bass guitar and drums for churches but my major still remains DRUMS as im a natural at it.... Played at daystar in fall of last year when i took up my aviation job but now im looking to alternate cos my love for music can never die so perhaps any of you Nlanders can help with any good church with the standard of daystar's music i'll love to offer my services

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mtn Project Fame Season 9 Auditions ! / D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 / Flavour - Big Baller (Official Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.