Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition (7042 Views)

Missing $20bn: Okonjo- Iweala Gets One Week Ultimatum To Submit Forensic Audit / Okonjo-iweala Gets Threat Calls / Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by nduchucks: 3:21am On Apr 11, 2012
Why are they offering her this UN appointment while she is awaiting the world bank job and also busy with he Ministerial duties in Nigeria? I hope this is not some sort of wayo wayo activity to prevent her from getting the world bank job. Do they want to kill her with all these duties? SMH

Nigeria’s Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, was on Tuesday named by the United Nations Secretary-Geneeral, Ban Ki-moon, as a member of a 27-member body to tackle childhood malnutrition.

As Okonjo-Iweala waits for the result of an interview process for the presidency of the World Bank, the UN’s Department of Public Information on Tuesday said she and some heads of state and other reputable individuals would be part of the panel, Scaling Up Nutrition, which would focus on improving nutrition as a key to progress in health and development.

The group is to represent the many countries, organidations and sectors working to improve nutrition, and serve as a strategic guide for the global movement.

SUN is committed to advancing the strength and security of nations by improving maternal and child nutrition. SUN, is a global push for action and investment to improve maternal and child nutrition.

“Never before have so many leaders, from so many countries and fields, agreed to work together to improve nutrition,” said Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, as he explained that “the SUN movement gives all of us, including the UN, an opportunity to support countries in their efforts to end hunger and malnutrition.”

Okonjo-Iweala will be joining the lead group which includes heads of state from countries that have prioritized efforts to scale up nutrition, as well as representatives of the donor, civil society, business and UN system organizations that are aligning resources to help SUN countries drive progress.

More
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by Beaf: 3:25am On Apr 11, 2012
This woman will be our future President.

6 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by Callotti: 3:29am On Apr 11, 2012
It is a man's world for sure.
Back to the kitchen NOI. . .children's malnutrition world-wide takes priortity over your PHD in finance.

Mu he he he he he he
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by nduchucks: 3:30am On Apr 11, 2012
Beaf: This woman will be our future President.

hmmm. I'm not sure she will be able to handle Nigeria's political thugs. I don't think she'll make a great politician and wouldn't recommend that job for her at all.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by OAM4J: 6:00am On Apr 11, 2012
Beaf: This woman will be our future President.

I used to think so, but now am not sure anymore.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by JomoGbomo2(m): 6:09am On Apr 11, 2012
@Beaf: Sometimes we confuse leadership with expertise in our chosen career.

Anyway, what I think this means is that the world power is telling her to forget the world bank job and take on the substitute in the UN coffer. It couldn't have been more obvious.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by Nobody: 6:55am On Apr 11, 2012
Just an ordinary member?
These people want to humiliate our Ngozi. She's resilient,hope that will be her saving grace.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by mkmyers45(m): 6:56am On Apr 11, 2012
JomoGbomo2: @Beaf: Sometimes we confuse leadership with expertise in our chosen career.

Anyway, what I think this means is that the world power is telling her to forget the world bank job and take on the substitute in the UN coffer. It couldn't have been more obvious.

Word!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by babaowo: 9:48am On Apr 11, 2012
JomoGbomo2: @Beaf: Sometimes we confuse leadership with expertise in our chosen career.

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 11, 2012
Na wa o!!!! America just wants this world bank job by all means. Even bringing UN into it now. If Ngozi says no they'll say she doesn't care about hungry children. Lets watch and see.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by babaowo: 9:50am On Apr 11, 2012
she is a western tool.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by Silva79(f): 10:00am On Apr 11, 2012
Make them no kill dis woman with 2 much work abeg!!

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 11, 2012
kkk17: Na wa o!!!! America just wants this world bank job by all means. Even bringing UN into it now. If Ngozi says no they'll say she doesn't care about hungry children. Lets watch and see.
LMAOooooo Nigerians and their sentiments grin
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by Kx: 10:16am On Apr 11, 2012
Ana ma cho olu!
Jack of all trade.
Rejection nor dey madam dictionary?
What better way to announce that the world bank job is not for her.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by emmysam2: 10:24am On Apr 11, 2012
No doubt, Ngozi Iweala is the best Candidate for the World Bank job. She has the Credentials and Experience. She is way ahead of her leading opponents in these regards. However,there are intrigues in World Politics and Appointments. Mind games are potential weapons in these schemes. There are loads of interests that doesnt want her on that seat. The UN offer is just one of the schemings to divert her attention from the World bank job.
To scuttle her ambition for this top notch job will require lots of will power and intrigues.... And the bus has just been kicked started.
She is our own. Let all Nigerians support her. (That the least we can do)
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by mexxy1(m): 10:25am On Apr 11, 2012
Personally, I think the US has taken this too far. This is the height of desperation from them. Why wasn't the nutrition appointment given to Kim, the US candidate and 'a Public Health expert'?
NOI is an economist and Kim, a Health expert. Why give a job to tackle malnutrition to an economist when there is a health expert available?
.......... I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 11, 2012
mexxy1: Personally, I think the US has taken this too far. This is the height of desperation from them. Why wasn't the nutrition appointment given to Kim, the US candidate and 'a Public Health expert'?
NOI is an economist and Kim, a Health expert. Why give a job to tackle malnutrition to an economist when there is a health expert available?
Maybe it's their way of telling her they don't care about expertise. So long as they're in charge, then it's all good.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by nuclearboy(m): 10:45am On Apr 11, 2012
Did anyone consider that we use "tools" then down them? Who would use his garden shears to cut his childrens hair?

So she is qualified (because she got promotions having done all her masters asked her to do)? Why would they appoint her to do to them what she has been used to do to her own fatherland? If we regard just time spent + educational experience, do you think that's what all others also regard? How about integrity? Or is it someone who swore to palliatives and that "market forces" would make the required difference AFTER years ago swearing same (by & by) in a bid to send a record debt repayment which has done nothing but add to our misery, that the USA would consider as having integrity?

As far as I see, the chickens are come home to roost in her yard!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by agabaI23(m): 10:46am On Apr 11, 2012
ndu_chucks: Why are they offering her this UN appointment while she is awaiting the world bank job and also busy with he Ministerial duties in Nigeria? I hope this is not some sort of wayo wayo activity to prevent her from getting the world bank job. Do they want to kill her with all these duties? SMH

She is a member of a[b] 27-member body[/b]. This will not interfere with any of the jobs you mentioned
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by ocelot2006(m): 10:47am On Apr 11, 2012
mexxy1: Personally, I think the US has taken this too far. This is the height of desperation from them. Why wasn't the nutrition appointment given to Kim, the US candidate and 'a Public Health expert'?

Agreed.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by Yorisb: 10:48am On Apr 11, 2012

My brother, na pure wayo ''come and see America wonder'' dem do NOI...
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by Ganys: 10:51am On Apr 11, 2012
sometimes i laugh when i read some news.America and their yeye trick. why should UN make this appointment when they know that the woman is vying for world bank presidency. It is very clear here that there is conspiracy going on. Come to think of it, what qualifies Ngozi for this malnutrition appointment?...I think Dr. Kim world have been the best candidate for this UN malnutrition appointment than Ngozi with reference to their CV.
From the look of things, Ban ki moo is trying to play a racial card here. He wants smooth road for his fellow asian who is being backed by the america. But Inshallah, they will all fail. Its Ngozi or no one. i know her CV is intimidating them but God will prevail. Nigeria will laugh last inshallah
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by mrperfect(m): 11:23am On Apr 11, 2012
Her education is paying off.
I thank God for her life.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by member479760: 11:45am On Apr 11, 2012
biafran cook! Yankee don sen her to where she belong - go take care of malnutrition that you refused to do while you are in charge of your country finance. Obama no wan old cargo to s.ck hin dik.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by manny4life(m): 11:58am On Apr 11, 2012

You couldn't have said it any better, it's so obvious they DON'T want her. The handwriting can be seen from afar..
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by aare07(m): 12:01pm On Apr 11, 2012
ndu_chucks:

hmmm. I'm not sure she will be able to handle Nigeria's political thugs. I don't think she'll make a great politician and wouldn't recommend that job for her at all.

governance is not only about handling political thugs but to render service to humanity.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by abY2: 12:02pm On Apr 11, 2012
That goes to show that ds woman is a great asset to this country.i gues she ll b d nxt world bank presido.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by ideylaff: 12:14pm On Apr 11, 2012
Silva79: Make them no kill dis woman with 2 much work abeg!!

LOL which job?

The real people working are the people on ground in these places wia people are dying daily...The rest are just Pen Pushers and bureaucratic fools who do nothing but sit behind their desks and create one useless 50 page document - policy or the other and then fly over to a poor country for the photoshoot when the real dirty work has bn done by the Real People....

Tschewwwwwwww.

Baba70 Fela has said it all.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by musiwa46: 12:17pm On Apr 11, 2012
Childhood Malnutrition is cause by discrimination and injustice in society.

nigeria budget

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by kokoA(m): 12:19pm On Apr 11, 2012
Useless appointment if you ask me.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by Sagamite(m): 12:20pm On Apr 11, 2012
Ganys: sometimes i laugh when i read some news.America and their yeye trick. why should UN make this appointment when they know that the woman is vying for world bank presidency. It is very clear here that there is conspiracy going on. Come to think of it, what qualifies Ngozi for this malnutrition appointment?...I think Dr. Kim world have been the best candidate for this UN malnutrition appointment than Ngozi with reference to their CV.
From the look of things, Ban ki moo is trying to play a racial card here. He wants smooth road for his fellow asian who is being backed by the america. But Inshallah, they will all fail. Its Ngozi or no one. i know her CV is intimidating them but God will prevail. Nigeria will laugh last inshallah

Dumbfuck simpletons will always see any situation through "Us vs Them" prism.

They don't even need any evidence, they just vomit it as the first line of argument.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition by Kobojunkie: 12:55pm On Apr 11, 2012
ab.Y:
That goes to show that ds woman is a great asset to this country.i gues she ll b d nxt world bank presido.

huh??

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Traditional Rulers Order Of Importance And Heirarchy / BREAKING: See What Buhari Did, Can This Be Intentional? (photo) / Ayade Is Investing In The Future – Makarfi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.