Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,031 members, 7,814,518 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? (3847 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by Image123(m): 10:05pm On Apr 12, 2012
jmoore:

well, osama bin laden will also claim to be righteous too.

You are not righteous, it is obvious your topic is meant to mock God.
thought i mentioned earlier that the OP's not worth a response in that sense.
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by Ayomivic(m): 2:56pm On Apr 13, 2012
Logic Mind: What if i had followed the golden rule all my life and treated nobody badly. Can your merciful god still throw me into the everlasting hellfire with evildoers because i just didn't acknowledge him?
Funny question.You want to believe in book but not in author.Where did you learn or come to know about your golden rule? Stop deceiving yourself.Can you be rich when you hate money ?Do you know the first law?If you dont know this is the first of all commandment "And God speaks all these words saying, iam the lord your God who brought you from the land of Egypt,thou shall have no other gods before me.Thou shall not make unto yourself any graven image or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above or that is in earth beneath or that is in water under the earth.Thou shall not bow down yourself to them nor serve them for i your God iam a jealous God Exode 20. Jesus also comfirmed this to be the first of all the commandment. In the book of mathew 22:35-37 "Then one of them,which was a lawyer,asked him a question,tempting him and saying,Master,which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him,thou shall love the lord your God with all your heart,and with all the soul,and with all your mind.This is the first and the greatest of all the commandment.And the second is like unto it,thou shall love your your neighbour as yourself.On these two commandment hang all the law and the prophets.In you own case ,you want to love your neigbour but to dislike God.Am i right? That can not take you to heaven.
My friend, how can you love someone you did not believe?How can you thank or worship whom you did not believe?How can you properlly follow the law and commandment of whom you did not believe?Believe in the existence of God bring the fear of God,the fear of God hinders one of going against his commamdment.To me i think it is bad for someone to say he did not believe in God.That thought is a sin for it is an evil thought.It may cause someone to go to hell.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by LogicMind: 6:23pm On Apr 13, 2012
Ayomivic: Funny question.You want to believe in book but not in author.Where did you learn or come to know about your golden rule? Stop deceiving yourself.Can you be rich when you hate money ?Do you know the first law?If you dont know this is the first of all commandment "And God speaks all these words saying, iam the lord your God who brought you from the land of Egypt,thou shall have no other gods before me.Thou shall not make unto yourself any graven image or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above or that is in earth beneath or that is in water under the earth.Thou shall not bow down yourself to them nor serve them for i your God iam a jealous God Exode 20. Jesus also comfirmed this to be the first of all the commandment. In the book of mathew 22:35-37 "Then one of them,which was a lawyer,asked him a question,tempting him and saying,Master,which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him,thou shall love the lord your God with all your heart,and with all the soul,and with all your mind.This is the first and the greatest of all the commandment.And the second is like unto it,thou shall love your your neighbour as yourself.On these two commandment hang all the law and the prophets.In you own case ,you want to love your neigbour but to dislike God.Am i right? That can not take you to heaven.
My friend, how can you love someone you did not believe?How can you thank or worship whom you did not believe?How can you properlly follow the law and commandment of whom you did not believe?Believe in the existence of God bring the fear of God,the fear of God hinders one of going against his commamdment.To me i think it is bad for someone to say he did not believe in God.That thought is a sin for it is an evil thought.It may cause someone to go to hell.

brainwashed and fearful you. poor son of a colonised house slave. you left the gods of your forefathers and quote the books of the jews. when did the lawd take you out of egypt to give you laws or have you become an isrealite? foolish nigerian holier than thou. you have become afraid of your thoughts because some useless preacher told you about his imaginary ageless friend, the angry loving god.

i think i'll happily go to hell after living a life based on treating everybody well and saying ffuck god at every opportunity.
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by Nobody: 3:40am On Apr 14, 2012
Hello brothers and sisters, isn't funny how we black people are quoting the verses in the bible with authority as if they where the ones that wrote it. I I pray time shall come when that yoke of deluded colonized brain will break.

Ask a black man about his own history, he/she cannot go beyond his grand parents; but can quote bible of hand.
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by Image123(m): 11:28am On Apr 14, 2012
donedy: Hello brothers and sisters, isn't funny how we black people are quoting the verses in the bible with authority as if they where the ones that wrote it. I I pray time shall come when that yoke of deluded colonized brain will break.

Ask a black man about his own history, he/she cannot go beyond his grand parents; but can quote bible of hand.
Nonsense, ask you to name 5players from your village's football club you might faint. Ask you to name 50players in european football clubs, you'll respond with glee. He without 'sin' cast the first stone.
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by LogicMind: 3:41pm On Apr 14, 2012
Image123:
Nonsense, ask you to name 5players from your village's football club you might faint. Ask you to name 50players in european football clubs, you'll respond with glee. He without 'sin' cast the first stone.

you missed his point
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by Image123(m): 4:19pm On Apr 14, 2012
He missed THE point.
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by Nobody: 2:03am On Apr 15, 2012
Logic Mind:

you missed his point

Please don't debate and argue with that deluded religious bigot because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by dasparrow: 4:40am On Apr 15, 2012
Logic Mind: What if i had followed the golden rule all my life and treated nobody badly. Can your merciful god still throw me into the everlasting hellfire with evildoers because i just didn't acknowledge him?

Jesus says: I am the way, the truth and the Life. No one cometh to the Father except through me (John 14:6). If you don't believe in Jesus Christ and accept Him as your personal Lord and saviour, then I am afraid, you cannot be accepted into his kingdom. The after life consists of heaven and hell. You either end up in hell or in heaven. Heaven is where God the Almighty and Jesus Christ His son abides with all the angels. If you don't acknowledge His existence, then why would you want the Lord Jesus Christ to accomodate you in His home? If you don't believe and put your trust in Jesus Christ now, He will not accomodate you later after your life on earth is up. I implore you to please give your life to Christ Jesus. He is knocking at the door of your heart, waiting for you to usher Him in. Answer the Lord Jesus. Repent because this is what the bible says about hell:

Revelation 21:8 “But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/what-does-the-bible-say-hell-will-be-like/#ixzz1s4oT1uSK
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by Image123(m): 8:57am On Apr 15, 2012
donedy:

Please don't debate and argue with that deluded religious bigot because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
we appreciate the complement, can we meet you?
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by Peterpan1(m): 2:47pm On Oct 21, 2012
For without the shedding of blood there is no remission, I AM THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME, JOHN 14:6, with these passages in mind, if u don't belong to d family of God, there is no inheritance in heaven, "for we are nt saved by works, so no man should boast."

(1) (2) (Reply)

Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 / Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? / Practical Christian Life Counselling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.