Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Women Without Partners "Talk-back At/insult" Men? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women Without Partners "Talk-back At/insult" Men? (1140 Views)

My Husband Is A General Overseer But Sleeps With His Prayer Partners / Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners / What To Do When Kids Talk Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Without Partners "Talk-back At/insult" Men? by damilola15: 2:39pm On Apr 11, 2012
Today I witnessed this Igbo guy verbally abusing a customer of his, well she tried defending herself by responding to a few of his many rant. To my suprise he told the lady "you are insulting me because you don't have a boyfriend".
I thought WTH. But another thing is I've witness other misunderstandings involving the opposite gender (adults at times) where people go "don't mind her it's because she has no husband".
We/society wants women to be subservient at least to their husband, but does that mean defending themselves outside their homes mean they don't have husbands or boyfriends?
Re: Women Without Partners "Talk-back At/insult" Men? by polokor60(m): 9:32pm On Apr 11, 2012
damilola15: Today I witnessed this Igbo guy verbally abusing a customer of his, well she tried defending herself by responding to a few of his many rant. To my suprise he told the lady "you are insulting me because you don't have a boyfriend".
I thought WTH. But another thing is I've witness other misunderstandings involving the opposite gender (adults at times) where people go "don't mind her it's because she has no husband".
We/society wants women to be subservient at least to their husband, but does that mean defending themselves outside their homes mean they don't have husbands or boyfriends?
that is a very stupid mentality that is common among most married(men and women) people in naija,trying to make the single women feel bad about their status whenever a slight arguement ensue between them.it's only people with inferiority complex that bring down people psychologically to feel good about themselves.so it is a crime to defend yourself because your a single woman abi?yeye mentality in this present age.
Re: Women Without Partners "Talk-back At/insult" Men? by damilola15: 9:43pm On Apr 11, 2012
polokor60: that is a very stupid mentality that is common among most married(men and women) people in naija,trying to make the single women feel bad about their status whenever a slight arguement ensue between them.it's only people with inferiority complex that bring down people psychologically to feel good about themselves.so it is a crime to defend yourself because your a single woman abi?yeye mentality in this present age.
Even if a woman is obviously married they'd insinuate that she's rude to her husband.
Re: Women Without Partners "Talk-back At/insult" Men? by polokor60(m): 10:21pm On Apr 11, 2012
damilola15:
Even if a woman is obviously married they'd insinuate that she's rude to her husband.
u ve said it all

(1) (Reply)

Types Of Nigerian Husbands And Wifes / SHOCKING!! Man With No Face & Woman With One Leg Give Birth To Healthy Baby Girl / How Do I Kill This Appetite Without Commiting Adultery Or Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.