Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,096 members, 7,849,425 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:17 PM

A Simple Explanation For Atheists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Simple Explanation For Atheists (663 Views)

Questions For Atheists ( Answer your easiest 5) / Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists / Questions For Atheists!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Simple Explanation For Atheists by Chuksxp: 11:14pm On Apr 11, 2012
Hello,

I actually wrote this as a response to a question posted by Logic Mind about going to heaven, but I decided to post it as a new topic for everyone.

I will try to explain the truth to you. And I pray God will help you understand what I'm trying to convey. So here's the question he asked:

Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God?

Here's my reply:

You may have tried to follow the golden rule all your life, but we all know no one has or will ever follow the golden rule PERFECTLY. We all fall short (that is called sin). Regardless of all the good we've done since we were born, we've all sinned countless times. So the question now is, what are we going to do about our sin? We've sinned against a perfect and eternal God. And the Bible says that the wages sin pays is death.

You may say God is merciful so He should overlook our sins. But that would make Him an unjust and dishonest judge. Think about it: Let's say someone committed murder and was taken to a law court. And the person walks up to the judge and says: Yes, I committed a crime but I've always followed the golden rule except today. I've fed the hungry, given to the poor, helped people...etc, so you, mr judge, should overlook my crime. Do you think a just and honest judge would allow him go free? Of course not!

You may have done a lot of good things but you must still pay for the all the sins/wrong things you've done. How many lies have you ever told? How many times have you insulted people? How many times have you lusted? How many times have you being angry, etc? God is holy and just so He must punish every sinner (and that includes you and I). So how can we escape this? Fortunately God provided a way of escape through Jesus. About 2000 years ago, God's justified wrath was poured out on Jesus while on the cross. Jesus was punished as if He was the one who committed every sin we've committed since we were born. He was punished for the sins of the whole world. He was put to death so that we wouldn't be put to death for our sins.

The only thing left for us to do is accept What Jesus did for us by faith and truly repent of all the sins we've committed, so that we can receive forgiveness.

This may not be the best write-up but I pray God helps everyone who reads this to understand it and receive it. God bless you all.
Re: A Simple Explanation For Atheists by Callotti: 4:02am On Apr 12, 2012
Why don't you go and worry about your Christian life?
Save your soul first!

(1) (Reply)

AnyThing Or One Not In CHRIST Is Falsehood! / Reason's For Unanswered Prayers / Nigeria Problems Escalated In Spite Of Nigeria Prays . . . . . . ... . .GOWON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.