Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Questions For Atheists!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Atheists!!! (10701 Views)

Questions For Atheists (all Atheists Please Come In) / Questions For Atheists ( Answer your easiest 5) / Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions For Atheists!!! by Fxwarrior: 3:10pm On Oct 22, 2013
What if after construction of a house I told you,I don't believe you built this house.How would you feel?

As a baby in the womb,what if I told you about the world?Would you believe me?

As someone who spent his lifetime in village devoid of civilisation,what if I told you about America ?Would you believe me?

1 Like

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Fxwarrior: 3:36pm On Oct 22, 2013
Are you there?
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 22, 2013
Imagine you telling me that

a) A construction had a maker
b) Human beings have a maker
c) Everything has a maker

only to contradict yourself
d) God has no maker

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Fxwarrior: 4:18pm On Oct 22, 2013
Logicboy03: Imagine you telling me that

d) God has no maker

You have not answered any of my questions and I have not told you nothing.Just answer my questions.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 22, 2013
Fxwarrior:
What if after construction of a house I told you,I don't believe you built this house.How would you feel?
I'd show up in person with documents that prove I'm the builder, not send different masons with different documents pointing to different builders.

Fxwarrior:
Did you think this through, or are you just desperate?

Fxwarrior:
As someone who spent his lifetime in village devoid of civilisation,what if I told you about America ?Would you believe me?
If everyone believes every thing they are told, we would live in a very silly world. A healthy level of doubt and skepticism is always recommended.

7 Likes

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by plaetton: 4:48pm On Oct 22, 2013
aManFromMars:
I'd show up in person with documents that prove I'm the builder, not send different masons with different documents pointing to different builders.

Did you think this through, or are you just desperate?

If everyone believes every thing they are told, we would live in a very silly world. A healthy level of doubt and skepticism is always recommended.

Think something through?
C'mon man. How is that supposed to work with faith?
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 22, 2013
plaetton:

Think something through?
C'mon man. How is that supposed to work with faith?

My bad. I thought questioning atheists would require you use logic, not faith. angry

1 Like

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Fxwarrior: 5:59pm On Oct 22, 2013
aManFromMars:

My bad. I thought questioning atheists would require you use logic, not faith. angry

Even in the Secular world ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

Me desperate?You seem to have mistaken me for someone else.

Some things are beyond our comprehension but that doesn't mean it's impossible.If I give you the components of a computer.I doubt you can fix them together and make them work but give it to an expert.Things happen.

Psalm 14:1 A fool says in his heart,there's no God. ..
You have the right to believe whatever you wish to believe doesn't necessarily make it right nor correct.

Human beings are not meant to live forever but will die one day surely.Prepare your arguments to face your creator with but know that fear and trembling shall it be when you stand before the judgement seat before an Angel.Is his name written in the Book of Life?
NO!
You will be catapulted into hell.Remember this day.Remember what you were told but you laughed it off

Alas!Heat.Burning fire.Maggots eating up the flesh.demons laughing at you.Terrible pains.Forever it is,endless it is but it's too late then.The demons care nothing about your logic.

I have been in many near death situations but it took prayers of saints to save me.Woe betide me if I come here and tell you there's no God!I must be mad to even think it.The stars ,moon and sun and creation testify to the existence of God.Praise the Lord!
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 22, 2013
Fxwarrior:

Some things are beyond our comprehension but that doesn't mean it's impossible.If I give you the components of a computer.I doubt you can fix them together and make them work but give it to an expert.Things happen.

You have the right to believe whatever you wish to believe doesn't necessarily make it right nor correct.

Human beings are not meant to live forever but will die one day surely.Prepare your arguments to face your creator with but know that fear and trembling shall it be when you stand before the judgement seat before an Angel.Is his name written in the Book of Life?
NO!
You will be catapulted into hell.Remember this day.Remember what you were told but you laughed it off

.......!
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Bella3(f): 6:22pm On Oct 22, 2013
Fxwarrior: What if after construction of a house I told you,I don't believe you built this house.How would you feel?

undecided
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Bella3(f): 6:23pm On Oct 22, 2013
aManFromMars:
undecided

Na by force o... gringrin

3 Likes

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by mazaje(m): 7:19pm On Oct 22, 2013
aManFromMars:
undecided

No be small thing. . . grin grin
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by nnofaith: 9:33pm On Oct 22, 2013
Fxwarrior:

NO!

Alas!Heat.Burning fire.Maggots eating up the flesh.demons laughing at you.Terrible pains.Forever it is,endless it is but it's too late then.The demons care nothing about your logic.

I have been in many near death situations but it took prayers of saints to save me.Woe betide me if I come here and tell you there's no God!I must be mad to even think it.The stars ,moon and sun and creation testify to the existence of God.Praise the Lord!
ok we will repent immediately.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Secularist: 9:49pm On Oct 22, 2013
The burden of proof would always be on the religious.

What if i told you that there was a flying spaghetti monster in the sky that no one can see but can see everyone, how do you proof he does not exist?

We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart
-H. L. Mencken

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by UyiIredia(m): 11:08pm On Oct 22, 2013
SMH. So all religion does is point to gaps in human knowledge and invoke God. So God becomes their sanctum of ignorance. SMH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by onetrack(m): 7:41am On Oct 23, 2013
Fxwarrior:

And if he doubted the existence of America based upon his available evidence, would you say that he deserved to be thrown into an eternal fire?

1 Like

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Fxwarrior: 8:45am On Oct 23, 2013
onetrack:

And if he doubted the existence of America based upon his available evidence, would you say that he deserved to be thrown into an eternal fire?

Assuming war broke out between Nigeria and America and that village happened to be in Nigeria.Wouldn't the impact of that war be felt irrespective of the villager's belief?

Like I said ignorance of the law is not an excuse.Does the belief that you just came out into this world just like that not sound ridiculous to you?
Atheism is borne out of man's rebellious nature.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 23, 2013
Fxwarrior:

Assuming war broke out between Nigeria and America and that village happened to be in Nigeria.Wouldn't the impact of that war be felt irrespective of the villager's belief?

Like I said ignorance of the law is not an excuse.Does the belief that you just came out into this world just like that not sound ridiculous to you?

And theism is borne out of a lazy fool's mind. wink

1 Like

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by ajayikayod: 11:32am On Oct 23, 2013
Secularist: The burden of proof would always be on the religious.

Dirty lie
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by ajayikayod: 11:34am On Oct 23, 2013
Fxwarrior:

True Bro. very true.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 12:33pm On Oct 23, 2013
Logicboy03: Imagine you telling me that

d) God has no maker

No, that's not a contradiction, it's actually logical.

If everything was made by a maker, then that maker cannot also have a maker because if he did, the maker which made the secondary maker then is the maker of everything. If that other maker had a maker, then the new maker is the maker of everything... and so on!
So the maker of everything must by logic not have a maker or he is not the maker, the maker who him is the maker...

Secondly, if the maker made EVERYTHING, this logically means there was NOTHING before him. So he cannot have had a maker.
If he has a maker, he cannot have made EVERYTHING because he did not make his maker. He then is only the maker of SOME THINGS and the maker who made him the maker of EVERYTHING...

Wrap ur head around that! grin

No wonder the bible says;
"A fool says in his heart that there is not God...

Disclaimer: The above is not meant as an insult. It is only a report/reference to what somebody wrote. Reprisal insults should be directed at the original author, and not to this Oga"

1 Like

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 12:58pm On Oct 23, 2013
aManFromMars:

And what if the builder was way, WAY more bigger, mightier, majestic than you are? What if he is the King of kings and the Lord of lords?

Say for example, if you went to the US and saw the white house, and refused to believe that the americans built it, what then? Will Obama come rushing out of the oval office waving the ownership documents of the white house, just to get your little attention, and receive your pathetic approval?

What if you created this whole majestic planet, all those billion suns and galaxies and host of heaven, and one tiny little piece of creation (which you made over 7billion+ copies of) refuses to believe you? Will you come dangling yourself in front of him twerking like a performing monkey - "hey look at me! I exist! Whoopee! I exist!" *twerk* *twerk*?

aManFromMars: Did you think this through, or are you just desperate?

And conversely, if everyone believed NOTHING they were told, we'll all still be living in little caves, passing stone messages to each other. A healthy level of curiosity, courage is always recommended.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 23, 2013
rapture_ready:

If everything was made by a maker, then that maker cannot also have a maker because if he did, the maker which made the secondary maker then is the maker of everything. If that other maker had a maker, then the new maker is the maker of everything... and so on!
So the maker of everything must by logic not have a maker or he is not the maker, the maker who him is the maker...

Secondly, if the maker made EVERYTHING, this logically means there was NOTHING before him. So he cannot have had a maker.
If he has a maker, he cannot have made EVERYTHING because he did not make his maker. He then is only the maker of SOME THINGS and the maker who made him the maker of EVERYTHING...

Disclaimer: The above is not meant as an insult. It is only a report/reference to what somebody wrote. Reprisal insults should be directed at the original author, and not to this Oga"

Yes I agree with you. The maker is the flying spaghetti monster.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 23, 2013
rapture_ready:

Lol

You bent logic to claim that the cereator has no creator ie the creator is not created.

There are things callesd logical paradoxes and infinities will get you there.

A maker has a maker and the makers manker has a maker.......this can go on forever. It is an unsolvable paradox. If you claim that there is one ultimate maker who created everything, more infinties and paradoxes emerge-

Did the ultimate maker come from nothing since he wasnt created?
Did thw ultimate maker create himself?
Is the ultimate maker eternal?
Did the energy to create eXist before or after the ultimate makeer?

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 1:13pm On Oct 23, 2013
Secularist: The burden of proof would always be on the religious.

What if i told you that there was a flying spaghetti monster in the sky that no one can see but can see everyone, how do you proof he does not exist?

If you could show me historical evidence, documented over 2000 years pointing to its existence, who knows, I'll go and get my cutlass ready, capture the spaghetti thingy, cook am eat.

Everybody, secular historians and atheists alike believe that a historical Jesus did exist. He is not only recorded in the bible - josephus the historian of the jews, recorded him also. Other historical works, record or mention him too, even the boko haram/terrorists manual quaran.

[url]en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus[/url]

1 Like

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 23, 2013
rapture_ready:

If you could show me historical evidence, documented over 2000 years pointing to its existence, who knows, I'll go and get my cutlass ready, capture the spaghetti thingy, cook am eat.

Everybody, secular historians and atheists alike believe that a historical Jesus did exist. He is not only recorded in the bible - josephus the historian of the jews, recorded him also. Other historical works, record or mention him too, even the boko haram/terrorists manual quaran.

Which historical evidence proves God?
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 1:45pm On Oct 23, 2013
Logicboy03:

Lol

You bent logic to claim that the cereator has no creator ie the creator is not created.

Nah, I'm actually more of a firebender. When I get on my knees and pray "fire, FIRE!", things begin to happen grin

Logicboy03: There are things callesd logical paradoxes and infinities will get you there.

A maker has a maker and the makers maker has a maker.......this can go on forever. It is an unsolvable paradox.

Yes. That is exactly why God is the ultimate maker.

Logicboy03: If you claim that there is one ultimate maker who created everything, more infinties and paradoxes emerge-

Did the ultimate maker come from nothing since he wasnt created?

The ultimate creator didn't tell us that part, maybe because our intelligence cannot understand such mysteries.

For example, when scientists say "the edge of the universe", what then is the external thing outside the edge of the universe? Other universes? More space? Is space infinite? Where does it all end? Etc.

My dear if you begin think these kind things logically, madness no de afar off. cry

One day we will meet him face to face, and he will tell us. Too bad you may not be there to hear the story.

I mean, similarly, if the universe was not created, but did emanate from a ball of matter spinning furiously, at some point exploding in a "big bang", where did the ball of freaking matter come from?

Na the same thing both ways.

Logicboy03: Did thw ultimate maker create himself?

Did the ball of matter of zero volume and infinite point mass create itself?

Logicboy03: Is the ultimate maker eternal?

He actually said this one! He is eternal!

Logicboy03: Did the energy to create eXist before or after the ultimate makeer?

Nobody knows. Except the ultimate maker. I wasn't there, was I? If the ultimate maker didn't get into detail about this, their is no "logical" way to know.

Similarly, The kinetic energy that caused the ball of matter from which the universe was supposedly born, to be "spinning furiously", where did it come from?
The energy that caused it to explode outward in a big bang, where did it come from?

You talk as if science can answer these questions about their darling theory on the origins of the universe.

These things are beyond human understanding.

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by MrTroll(m): 1:53pm On Oct 23, 2013
Fxwarrior:

NO!

what? decoherent already?

after only 3 posts? undecided
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 1:58pm On Oct 23, 2013
rationalmind:

Which historical evidence proves God?

I thought we were making comparisons to a hypothetical flying spaghetti monster which there is zip, zero, nada records of?

Anyway, what about the bible na? The fact that you and your lot refuses to believe it doesn't make it untrue.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by MrTroll(m): 1:59pm On Oct 23, 2013
rapture_ready:

mohammed also existed...

voila! Allah is great!

Allahu Akbar!!!
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by MrTroll(m): 2:00pm On Oct 23, 2013
rapture_ready:

I thought we were making comparisons to a hypothetical flying spaghetti monster which there is zip, zero, nada records of?

Anyway, what about the bible na? The fact that you and your lot refuses to believe it doesn't make it untrue.

the fact that you and your folks believe it doesn't make it true.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 23, 2013
rapture_ready:

How dare you say its hypothetical!!! Prove to me the flying spaghetti monster is hypothetical and doesn't exist.

And the fact that you chose to believe it(the bible) doesn't make it true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Be Wise As 'serpents'. Really? But Satan is the 'Serpent! / Should Women Be Silent In Churches? / According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.