Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

George Zimmerman To Face Murder Charge In Trayvon Martin Case - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / George Zimmerman To Face Murder Charge In Trayvon Martin Case (5559 Views)

Senator George Theuri Posts Half-Unclad Picture Of Him And His Wife On Facebook / George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial / The Trayvon Martin Murder Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: George Zimmerman To Face Murder Charge In Trayvon Martin Case by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 13, 2012
oyb: the whole thing has a bonfire of the vanities flavor...

a media circus with all sorts of parties milking it for what its worth, and an outcome that will leave several parties unsatisfied.

some people know exactly what happened but this has gotten too big.

for me zimmerman is just an over enthusiastic hothead... but someone is dead and as this is not nigeria, someone has to e held accountable for it.

plus all this he was told not to follow the kid doesn't wash - are police instructions always correct?

What are you saying? Zimmerman already admitted he shot him for self defense. That Trayvon trying to reach for his gun and he shot him. Please, stay away from speculation.
Re: George Zimmerman To Face Murder Charge In Trayvon Martin Case by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 14, 2012
odiaero:

Not in US

actually racially motivated crimes have gone up. some get media attention and others don't.

Btw just two weeks ago if not a week,
three black men were shot to death in random shooting sprees (Tulsa, Oklahoma) by two white men claiming to be avenging the death of one their fathers who was supposedly killed "at the hands of a f*cking n*gger" which they posted on facebook prior to the homicides. The other victim survived the attack. But these were random shootings in predominately black neighborhoods. This is all while the Trayvon case is going on which ironically, took more attention from this new hate crime when it should be used to educate the nation of this on going trend.

There are white supremacist sites that praise and encourage the beating (and killing) of minorities because of their paranoia. They are screaming for another civil war this time a race war (i kid you not) because they believe minorities/immigrants are "out to get them". When we ALL know it's the result of their knowing there is not one race they have not not frigged with and they are afraid that we will do the same to them, that they did to us. SMH.

Then you have the closet racists. I remember I had one white coworker who didn't know my mother was an immigrant ay to me "you know I have my own prejudices. I know it's not right but I cannot help but cringe at the thought that there are hungry Americans who can barely find food and work, yet there are these immigrants getting free health care, food stamps/ebt cards and benefits that are a birth right to us as Americans." Now I read between the lines, I know by "Americans" she meant whites, but because I was there she needed someone to vent to. I informed her my mother was an immigrant and works far too hard to plan to use or take advantage of tax payers. That being a naturalized citizen SHE IS a tax payer, and that there are NATIVE BORN Americans who take advantage of the system and their own people, far more than immigrants. She couldn't say a thing...now imagine if she was a member of some hate organization? I wouldn't be surprised if the latter wasn't true. This is the mentality many have but smile in the faces of the very people they hate. Racism won't end.

1 Like

Re: George Zimmerman To Face Murder Charge In Trayvon Martin Case by Nobody: 4:03am On Apr 15, 2012
oyb:

thats the crux of the whole thing in the end white vs black. it is quite possible that zimmerman would still have accosted trayvon if trayvon was white - he does not appear the history of outspoken racisim , hate crimes etal that one associates with the racist he is being painted to be.

Speculation. So a black boy wearing a hoodie and walking away (not running o) from a store should be classified as a "suspicious figure"? And to make it worst, a man carrying a weapon would need self-defense while confronting him especially when told by official figures to be left alone?

and racial profiling or not, a lot of y'all would also be scared if u met some black dude in a hoodie in a lonely alley.

This was not a lonely alley. Black, white, Asian etc, if I meet any of those people in hoodie in a LONELY alley, I would run/walk away from them, not run after them.

its easy to get upset and go on about racial profiling etal but the statistics don't lie.

Not making excuses, but they're the result of racially motivated prejudice in the American society.
But then at the same time, it does not justify what George did; taking the law into his own hands and then taking away Treyvon's right to a trial; if he had done anything criminal. However, no proof suggest such.
If the law prohibits instances like cops shooting a criminal who was running away, what gives Zimmerman such rights? Once again, Treyvon was not a suspect nor was he running away. So really, who should be crying self-defense?
One can defend his actions, one will not be given the same opportunity.

btw, the typical cop advice on r-ape for a long time, if i remember rightly is don't resist - just sayin'

" Don't resist" was an advise to women to protect themselves. Resisting will force the rapist to "shut up" their victims, so at that time the best thing to do would be to just give in, survive and then report. " Don't resist if they cannot EFFECTIVELY defend themselves".

Please do not compare the direction cops gave to zimmerman to "Don't resist" direction.
Re: George Zimmerman To Face Murder Charge In Trayvon Martin Case by Sagamite(m): 2:55am On Apr 16, 2012
oyb:

thats the crux of the whole thing in the end white vs black. it is quite possible that zimmerman would still have accosted trayvon if trayvon was white - he does not appear the history of outspoken racisim , hate crimes etal that one associates with the racist he is being painted to be.

and racial profiling or not, a lot of y'all would also be scared if u met some black dude in a hoodie in a lonely alley.

its easy to get upset and go on about racial profiling etal but the statistics don't lie.

btw, the typical cop advice on r-ape for a long time, if i remember rightly is don't resist - just sayin'

He didn't meet a black dude in a lonely alley, he followed a black dude on the street minding his own business and going home.
Re: George Zimmerman To Face Murder Charge In Trayvon Martin Case by Ibime(m): 2:57pm On Apr 16, 2012
Sagamite: When I tell you people that cretins are a big problem to our society, una go say Sagamite is harsh.

This fool is not a blatant racist, he got into this mess because he is a person that made up assumptions in his arse and got into a situation he should not have got into.

Listening to his 999 calls and the statements he made shows he is more of a person than a racist.

I hate cretins with a passion.

You hit the nail on the head bro.

Stupidity is a big disease. You can tell by looking at the guy that he has nothing going on upstairs, no wonder he is still chasing an associate degree at community college at 29 years old despite the fact his father is a judge.

Too many of these dumb American types get themselves into Neighbourhood watch and border patrol simply because they have nothing upstairs. . . carrying a gun around and pretending to do some civic duty seems to be a self esteem booster for dumb American men.
Re: George Zimmerman To Face Murder Charge In Trayvon Martin Case by KayDee4: 4:53am On Apr 17, 2012
George Zimmerman IMO is GUILTY and the only thing that can exonerate him is the complications of the "stand ur ground rule" for which the stewpid Republicans and evil NRA/Koch brothers . . . etc etc should be blamed. His claim of self defense is as senseless as the law. How can you as the aggressor go and start a fight with an innocent person and when the innocent person tries to defend himself, you shoot him and claim self defense undecided undecided .

Zimmerman should be jailed for life !!!
Re: George Zimmerman To Face Murder Charge In Trayvon Martin Case by Sagamite(m): 9:13am On May 04, 2012
Ibime:
You hit the nail on the head bro.

Stupidity is a big disease. You can tell by looking at the guy that he has nothing going on upstairs, no wonder he is still chasing an associate degree at community college at 29 years old despite the fact his father is a judge.

Too many of these dumb American types get themselves into Neighbourhood watch and border patrol simply because they have nothing upstairs. . . carrying a gun around and pretending to do some civic duty seems to be a self esteem booster for dumb American men.

Wow!

You guys see why I am absolutely brutal on cretins/moorons/foools/fucktards on NL!

They are a danger to our peace, civilisation and safety.
Re: George Zimmerman To Face Murder Charge In Trayvon Martin Case by montelik(m): 3:35pm On May 18, 2012
http://abcnews.go.com/US/cops-witnesses-back-george-zimmermans-version/story?id=16371852

How in heavens name do the prosecution think they will get a 2nd degree murder conviction? Seems they brought charges more out of public pressure. Everything here points to self defense. And how shameless that the media misreported and distorted facts before waiting for the real evidence.

(1) (2) (Reply)

B. / King Charles III Refused Flowers From A Black Lady / Devastating Scenes From The War In Sudan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.