Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,617 members, 7,823,701 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

"the Army Of Mary" And The Dangers Of Misguided Devotions: A Cathlolic Challenge - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "the Army Of Mary" And The Dangers Of Misguided Devotions: A Cathlolic Challenge (1279 Views)

How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary / What Is Assumption Of Mary / Worship Of Mary And The Use Of Images In The Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"the Army Of Mary" And The Dangers Of Misguided Devotions: A Cathlolic Challenge by wwwpastor1: 6:52pm On Nov 05, 2007
The dangers of misguided devotions cannot be over emphsized.

The current challege to the Catholic Church is sect call the "Army of Mary"

see the website for details.

http://www.communaute-dame.qc.ca/oeuvres/OE_armee_AN.htm
Re: "the Army Of Mary" And The Dangers Of Misguided Devotions: A Cathlolic Challenge by smile4kenn(m): 6:33am On Nov 06, 2007
so wats wrong with this now?

u guys will never leave katoliks alone
Re: "the Army Of Mary" And The Dangers Of Misguided Devotions: A Cathlolic Challenge by wwwpastor1: 5:51pm On Nov 06, 2007
smile4kenn:

so wats wrong with this now?

u guys will never leave katoliks alone

Have you gone through the website very well? This is not about leaving Catholics alone, it is because misguided devotions can lead to idolatory. For your information, the authority of the Catholic Church have officially banned the "Army of Mary" and the founders excomunicated from the the catholic church.
Re: "the Army Of Mary" And The Dangers Of Misguided Devotions: A Cathlolic Challenge by cgift(m): 10:49am On Nov 09, 2007
Even without forming a separate band called the Armay of Mary, it is confirmed that what goes on in the vativan is core idolatory which relegates Christ to the background and elevates their Mary god. This reminds me of the near-assasination of Pope John Paul II in 1981, he was just chanting Mary my mother, mary my mother after the gun shot undecided Where is Jesus Christ in the scheme of things there?
Re: "the Army Of Mary" And The Dangers Of Misguided Devotions: A Cathlolic Challenge by mamaput(f): 11:26am On Nov 09, 2007
we have freedom of religion .
why waste time condemning other peoples own when you can spend that time consentrating on your own religion.
condemning other peoples own is also a part of fanatic.
but thats all you people are good at,.
please invest the time you use to spy on us in prayer
Re: "the Army Of Mary" And The Dangers Of Misguided Devotions: A Cathlolic Challenge by Oby1(f): 1:12pm On Nov 09, 2007

Well said sister
Re: "the Army Of Mary" And The Dangers Of Misguided Devotions: A Cathlolic Challenge by cgift(m): 3:02pm On Nov 09, 2007
There is time for teaching and there is time for praying. By the way, spy on you? We need not do that? Its you that display your contradictions for the whole world to see by not even understanding the religion you were born into!

So, bottomline, while we pray, we take time to educate. wink
Re: "the Army Of Mary" And The Dangers Of Misguided Devotions: A Cathlolic Challenge by Oby1(f): 3:29pm On Nov 09, 2007
ok
Re: "the Army Of Mary" And The Dangers Of Misguided Devotions: A Cathlolic Challenge by mamaput(f): 3:30pm On Nov 09, 2007
So, bottomline, while we pray, we take time to educate

so thats what you understand under education.
teach by method of criticizing.
by compar and contras

no no no no no  not good at all
Re: "the Army Of Mary" And The Dangers Of Misguided Devotions: A Cathlolic Challenge by cgift(m): 3:48pm On Nov 09, 2007
mamaput:

so thats what you understand under education.
teach by method of criticizing.
by compar and contras

no no no no no not good at all

I sympathise with you. The saying goes, no be today, that the truth is bitter! One automatically becomes your enemy by pointing out percieved flaws in your doctrines and pointing them out to you. There must be criticisms if you must grow in life. A man who is never criticised has no true friends cos when he is going th wrong path, there will be none to tell it to his face. Because we tell it to your face, the certain contradictions, thats what yu term criticisms - thats ok by me.
Re: "the Army Of Mary" And The Dangers Of Misguided Devotions: A Cathlolic Challenge by mamaput(f): 4:04pm On Nov 09, 2007
Its all about my faith and nothing more. i do not care what others think about it.
we are born alone and we die alone.
but you people spend so much time peeping over the fence/ out of the window that you do not have time to cut your own grass and clean up your own house
Re: "the Army Of Mary" And The Dangers Of Misguided Devotions: A Cathlolic Challenge by Oby1(f): 4:33pm On Nov 09, 2007
@mamaput
Its all about my faith and nothing more. i do not care what others think about it.
we are born alone and we die alone.
but you people spend so much time peeping over the fence/ out of the window that you do not have time to cut your own grass and clean up your own house

sister, you have to keep ur cool. There is nothing you say here that will change them except God touches them.
Re: "the Army Of Mary" And The Dangers Of Misguided Devotions: A Cathlolic Challenge by Carlosein(m): 4:40pm On Nov 09, 2007
another (anti-)catholic thread is born.

cgift:

Even without forming a separate band called the Armay of Mary, it is confirmed that what goes on in the vativan is core idolatory which relegates Christ to the background and elevates their Mary god. This reminds me of the near-assasination of Pope John Paul II in 1981, he was just chanting Mary my mother, mary my mother after the gun shot undecided Where is Jesus Christ in the scheme of things there?

another pilgrim.1 wannabe, always in her shadow. has it really been confirmed, must have missed

that one.

it must have hurt a lot of people that Karol Woztyla could not be killed by any human means,

shows (IMHO), just how powerful Mary's protection is, cos she certainly didn't fail him.

but more than anything else, he forgave his would be assassin(s), a lesson in charity you are in dire

need of learning.
Re: "the Army Of Mary" And The Dangers Of Misguided Devotions: A Cathlolic Challenge by Carlosein(m): 4:51pm On Nov 09, 2007
eh oga wwwpastor,

the link you provided does not say anything about any of your claims.

if you have any other(s) which corroborates your assertions, please don't be shy in posting them.

www_pastor:

Have you gone through the website very well? This is not about leaving Catholics alone, it is because misguided devotions can lead to idolatory. For your information, the authority of the Catholic Church have officially banned the "Army of Mary" and the founders excomunicated from the the catholic church.

but just in case there is any possibility you may not have any "confirmation" of the above,

kindly do us all a favour and bury your overzealous head in the sands of humility and keep mum.
Re: "the Army Of Mary" And The Dangers Of Misguided Devotions: A Cathlolic Challenge by cgift(m): 5:43pm On Nov 09, 2007
Carlosein:

another (anti-)catholic thread is born.

another pilgrim.1 wannabe, always in her shadow. has it really been confirmed, must have missed

that one.

it must have hurt a lot of people that Karol Woztyla could not be killed by any human means,

shows (IMHO), just how powerful Mary's protection is, because she certainly didn't fail him.

but more than anything else, he forgave his would be assassin(s), a lesson in charity you are in dire

need of learning.

If he had died also, would you have said that she faileed him altogether? grin
Re: "the Army Of Mary" And The Dangers Of Misguided Devotions: A Cathlolic Challenge by lawyer(m): 4:26pm On Nov 10, 2007
Another attention seeker with a very baseless source of information and an isolated issue that isnt worth any discuss but to be confined into the trash can. It's all getting too boring now with these old and lame articles sad

The stupidity of the article only goes to show how myopic and fickle minded the poster is. Are you saying it's only the catholic church that has a group of misguided devotees and deviate from what the original aim of the praying society is all about? Isnt it from these so called protestant fellowships, new pastors are born to act as a break away union from the original source hereby leading to a confict between the 2 parties and finally leading to expulsion from the mother church?

Of course i don't expect you to answer in the affirmative because to you, it's either a catholic problem or nothing and you must turn a deaf ear and blind eye to other sects in other churches.

P:s: If you had cared to read your own post that you unashamedly pulled out from one website to buttress your intellectual laziness as it relates to research, you would have also read that the catholic church put a stop to it when it found out that it wasnt conforming with the standard of what the church teaches and banned them. Was it the church that encouraged them to start a sect and deviate from the doctrines of the church? Ta! Rubbish post and this thread should die as a dishonourable thread angry
Re: "the Army Of Mary" And The Dangers Of Misguided Devotions: A Cathlolic Challenge by Carlosein(m): 1:02pm On Nov 12, 2007
oga pastor,

i am still waiting for evidence of your claims o.
Re: "the Army Of Mary" And The Dangers Of Misguided Devotions: A Cathlolic Challenge by cgift(m): 1:13pm On Nov 12, 2007
Well, i dont know about his attention-winng probabilitites but I sure know about Marian worship in the catholic church either inferior of superior. Keep on worshipping an ordinary woman who was sinful during her times on earth.
Re: "the Army Of Mary" And The Dangers Of Misguided Devotions: A Cathlolic Challenge by Carlosein(m): 6:03pm On Nov 12, 2007
cgift:

If he had died also, would you have said that she faileed him altogether? grin

i note your "if" above and all i can say is "kpele omo ma kpa ara re sho gbo", cos we know he did not die

after "chanting Mary my mother, mary my mother" grin grin cheesy grin.
Re: "the Army Of Mary" And The Dangers Of Misguided Devotions: A Cathlolic Challenge by cgift(m): 7:09pm On Nov 12, 2007
Carlosein:

i note your "if" above and all i can say is "kpele omo ma kpa ara re sho gbo", because we know he did not die

after "chanting Mary my mother, mary my mother" grin grin cheesy grin.

Carlos,

You Mary-worshipper grin Call on the name of Jesus alone and you shall be saved. grin
Re: "the Army Of Mary" And The Dangers Of Misguided Devotions: A Cathlolic Challenge by analice107: 9:32am On May 31, 2016
mamaput:
we have freedom of religion .
why waste time condemning other peoples own when you can spend that time consentrating on your own religion.
condemning other peoples own is also a part of fanatic.
but thats all you people are good at,.
Mamaput. I want rice 50 naira, gbormo 200 naira, Shaki 100. Beef 100 naira. Shey dey food still hot?
*takes a seat*

My dear, it's not a case of condemning others. The Catholic Church claims it's a christian organization, but it's doctrines negates the teachings of Christ or the Bible. So many are walking in error believing that they are indeed working for Christ.
Pls think of Christ's love for us. Ask yourself why Christ had to suffer what he suffered? There's a reason, find out that reason.
You will either choose to follow Christ or follow Mary.
Sweetie, we are talking about eternity here. Keep that in mind.
*takes the plate of rice and sits at a corner*

(1) (Reply)

Backsliding – A Humble Exhortation Against / Red Bull Advert About Jesus Causes Outrage From Muslims And Christians In South Africa / True Righteousness In God's Kingdom - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.