Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,932 members, 7,848,779 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:10 AM

Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina (10670 Views)

Ethiopia Opens Largest Wind Farm In Sub-saharan Africa / Video - Ongoing Construction Of Wind Farm Power Generating Plants In Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by DaMayor1: 11:07am On Apr 13, 2012
ideylaff:

God bless you all for your informed discussion and points raised.

Glad 2 see this forum bn used for what its meant to be used for even in the midst of some childish elements that showed up within the thread.

Such childish behaviors are expected in a mixed multitude. I guess we could never appreciate our sanity if there were no insane ones with which to compare. lol! cheers.
Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by dubem3(m): 5:09pm On Apr 13, 2012
ik_moore2: The Katsina State Government will soon launch Nigeria’s pioneer Wind Farm. The Wind farm located in Katsina is funded by the Japanese International Cooperation Agency [color=#000099][/color]and has a capacity of 10 Megawatts.

Minister of State for Power, Darius Ishaku, revealed this when to two senior Katsina State officials on a courtesy visit to his office seeking an end to the incessant power outages in the state.

The Katsina State Commissioner for Water Resources, Jamilu Musa, and the Special Adviser to the Governor on igher Education, Dr. Garba Matazu were informed by the minister that the Wind power project will inject 10 Megawatts into the national grid.
An additional 0.8 Megawatts, generated from solar, will be injected directly to the Umaru Musa Yar’adua University in Katsina to serve the school.

The minister also harped on the planned Zobe and Jiba dams in Katsina, stating they would improve generation.

He added that the Kurfi, Kankara and Malumfashi sub-stations, as well as the Daura lines had been reawarded to improve the voltage in katsina and Kano.

He also advised the State Governments to woo private investors to set up power generation plants in their states.

link: http://businessnews.com.ng/2012/04/12/nigerias-first-wind-farm-goes-onstream-in-katsina/

am i the only one that can see the bolded?
or maybe my comprehension of English is dwindling really fast.
What i understand is that this project was funded by a Japanese corporation
why are peeps talking bout government and expenditure?
Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by DaMayor1: 5:40pm On Apr 13, 2012
dubem3:

am i the only one that can see the bolded?
or maybe my comprehension of English is dwindling really fast.
What i understand is that this project was funded by a Japanese corporation
why are peeps talking bout government and expenditure?

My Brother/Sister, there are different ways to finance a project, and this is just one. You definitely wouldnt build a mansion in the mid Sahara if there wasnt anything in it for you. Except youre trying to get rid of scrap (Fukushima polluted scrap in this case).

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South / Ismaila Yakubu Agba Killed In Kogi (APC Youth Leader) / Abia Pensioners Protest 22 Months Outstanding Pay, Beg Ikpeazu For Mercy (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.