Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,069 members, 7,835,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina (10662 Views)

Ethiopia Opens Largest Wind Farm In Sub-saharan Africa / Video - Ongoing Construction Of Wind Farm Power Generating Plants In Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by ikmoore2(m): 11:48am On Apr 12, 2012
The Katsina State Government will soon launch Nigeria’s pioneer Wind Farm. The Wind farm located in Katsina is funded by the Japanese International Cooperation Agency and has a capacity of 10 Megawatts.

Minister of State for Power, Darius Ishaku, revealed this when to two senior Katsina State officials on a courtesy visit to his office seeking an end to the incessant power outages in the state.

The Katsina State Commissioner for Water Resources, Jamilu Musa, and the Special Adviser to the Governor on igher Education, Dr. Garba Matazu were informed by the minister that the Wind power project will inject 10 Megawatts into the national grid.
An additional 0.8 Megawatts, generated from solar, will be injected directly to the Umaru Musa Yar’adua University in Katsina to serve the school.

The minister also harped on the planned Zobe and Jiba dams in Katsina, stating they would improve generation.

He added that the Kurfi, Kankara and Malumfashi sub-stations, as well as the Daura lines had been reawarded to improve the voltage in katsina and Kano.

He also advised the State Governments to woo private investors to set up power generation plants in their states.

link: http://businessnews.com.ng/2012/04/12/nigerias-first-wind-farm-goes-onstream-in-katsina/
Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by Kobojunkie: 12:35pm On Apr 12, 2012
Is it really online this time or still going online? Na so we don dey here since 2010.
Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by richkids1(m): 1:46pm On Apr 12, 2012
God will make it happen and we pray something good like that will come in near future. And make Boko people go bomb the place.....

grin grin
Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by daywatcher: 1:48pm On Apr 12, 2012
10 mw...I guess every megawatts counts. Soon they will say it is not working due lack of wind
Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by blacksta(m): 1:50pm On Apr 12, 2012
title very misleading
Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by Kenyy: 2:03pm On Apr 12, 2012
Tell Me How Many Megawatts Of Electricity A Country Produces And I Will Tell You If The Country's Economy Is Among The First Three Fastest Growing In The World Or...
Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by babaowo: 2:25pm On Apr 12, 2012
mirage!
Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by executinal(m): 2:41pm On Apr 12, 2012
nice
Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by okpurukata(f): 2:51pm On Apr 12, 2012
This is interesting. I pray it works out. Nigerians should learn to appreciate their Government, especially for moves like this. Other northern govs should copy.
Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by kaiter: 2:58pm On Apr 12, 2012
Kenyy: Tell Me How Many Megawatts Of Electricity A Country Produces And I Will Tell You If The Country's Economy Is Among The First Three Fastest Growing In The World Or...
Same here.[img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by Okijajuju1(m): 2:59pm On Apr 12, 2012
10 Megawatts!!

Isnt that like 4 AAA batteries worth of current?!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by auwal87(m): 3:04pm On Apr 12, 2012
Okija_juju: 10 Megawatts!!

This shows how daft some nairaland users are, after all speaking english and ability to browse isn't the same as being educated.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by johnsonpal: 3:07pm On Apr 12, 2012
auwal87:

This shows how daft some nairaland users are, after all speaking english and ability to browse isn't the same as being educated.
[quote author=auwal87]
Sarcasm! my friend.
Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by blacksta(m): 3:12pm On Apr 12, 2012
auwal87:

Where is your sense of humor.
Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by GAR3TH(m): 3:14pm On Apr 12, 2012
PDF on the information about the Wind Farm

http://www.vergnet.com/pdf/fiches/en/nigeria-katsina.pdf
Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by Blofeld(m): 3:19pm On Apr 12, 2012
Okija_juju: 10 Megawatts!!

Shut d hell up if u've got nothing meaningful to contribute. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by Okijajuju1(m): 3:20pm On Apr 12, 2012
auwal87:

Mr educated, if you had graduted from a school better than that Almajiri one you attended, you would have been tought the difference between fact and figure of speech. . Ewu Hausa!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by Okijajuju1(m): 3:21pm On Apr 12, 2012
blacksta:

A roach crawled up his arse and died there.
Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by Okijajuju1(m): 3:22pm On Apr 12, 2012
Blofeld:

Shut d hell up if u've got nothing meaningful to contribute. SMH.

Go suck a d'ick if you havent got anything else to put in your mouth you f'aggot!
Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by Blofeld(m): 3:23pm On Apr 12, 2012
blacksta:

Don't mind the as$_hol€, he's just trying to sound educated. Pissed off!
Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by Okijajuju1(m): 3:24pm On Apr 12, 2012
[quote author=johnsonpal][/quote]

WHy waste your time schooling a autistic kindergarten school dropout.

Im impressed the doofus can even type the word daft.
Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by Patlia: 3:26pm On Apr 12, 2012
Shut d hell up if u've got nothing meaningful to contribute[img]http://www.keyforex.info/pet.gif[/img]
Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by DaMayor1: 3:30pm On Apr 12, 2012
This post has to be a joke. Now i think the author should check the definition of "wind farm" before using the heading. the most commonly used wind turbines generate 3.5mw of electricity each. Hence i will assume there are only 3 turbines in this "farm". A standard wind farm has btw 50-200 turbines to be qualified as a "Wind farm"
Oh Nigeria! i weep for thee. Another waste project

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by otokx(m): 3:31pm On Apr 12, 2012
doubt this
Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by Blofeld(m): 3:32pm On Apr 12, 2012
Okija_juju:

Go suck a d'ick if you havent got anything else to put in your mouth you f'aggot!

Foolish small boy spewing thrash via a low end mobile phone. I dont blame you, i blame your foolish parents for not using a condom to prevent this disaster you call yourself. Cow dung!
Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by hercules07: 3:35pm On Apr 12, 2012
What has happened to Okija, he has become more agitated in the last couple of months, bros take am easy abeg. I believe Okija's reference to the battery current is to show that it is just a drop in the ocean as regards our energy needs in the country.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by Blofeld(m): 3:35pm On Apr 12, 2012
Da Mayor: This post has to be a joke. Now i think the author should check the definition of "wind farm" before using the heading. the most commonly used wind turbines generate 3.5mw of electricity each. Hence i will assume there are only 3 turbines in this "farm". A standard wind farm has btw 50-200 turbines to be qualified as a "Wind farm"
Oh Nigeria! i weep for thee. Another waste project

Another ITK is here. I'm off!
Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by kelvincoll(m): 3:38pm On Apr 12, 2012
Well as long as it can be put into good use and ofcos sustainable. Its not a bad project. we need all the power no matter how little and frm what means we can get in the country!

Find pix of d project from my friends page

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=312693632085554&set=a.312691665419084.71215.100000347603378&type=3&theater
Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by Okijajuju1(m): 3:44pm On Apr 12, 2012
hercules07: What has happened to Okija, he has become more agitated in the last couple of months, bros take am easy abeg. I believe Okija's reference to the battery current is to show that it is just a drop in the ocean as regards our energy needs in the country.

Its that PMS acting up again o!! lol
Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by DaMayor1: 3:46pm On Apr 12, 2012
kelvincoll: Well as long as it can be put into good use and ofcos sustainable. Its not a bad project. we need all the power no matter how little and frm what means we can get in the country!

Find pix of d project from my friends page

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=312693632085554&set=a.312691665419084.71215.100000347603378&type=3&theater

Hi Kelvin, i agree we need all the power, but not if the cost of getting that power far outweighs its benefits. Any professional will tell you that maintaining a turbine is damn expensive compared to the benefits. these turbines are still being upgraded regularly. we now have 6mw turbines. Thats why there was a deadlock at the last environmental summit, as developing nations are not soo keen to adopt these alternative sources till theres stability in the industry. Our govt will do well to tow the same line and better improve our hydro and natural gas supplies (for now).

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by Okijajuju1(m): 3:49pm On Apr 12, 2012
Blofeld:

Foolish small boy spewing thrash via a low end mobile phone. I dont blame you, i blame your foolish parents for not using a condom to prevent this disaster you call yourself. Cow dung!

Awwww!!

Did Okija hurt the poor little crack baby's feelings!!! Awwww!!!

If only your Alcholic dad had w'anked for a few minutes before having s'ex with your crack head mum, and maybe if your mother had gone cold turkey during your 5 months pregnancy, your birth would have been avoided entirely at best or maybe you would have lasted the full 9 months and your brian would have formed properly before your permature birth at worst.

Go fhuck a horse you perv.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Wind Farm Goes Onstream In Katsina by osasp(m): 4:00pm On Apr 12, 2012
undecided am i the only waiting for a boko haram joke?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site / PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention / PDP Is Getting Too Strong In Katsina And Jigawa - Deji Adeyanju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.