Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,517 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE - What Can Share Holders Do? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE - What Can Share Holders Do? (1161 Views)

Website For Analysing The Nigerian Stock Market? / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange / Rescued Banks- One Bank Would Kill All His Share Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE - What Can Share Holders Do? by digi101(m): 4:13pm On Apr 12, 2012
After a long while i finally mustered up some courage to review the current value of the equities in my portfolio,after just 60 seconds i remembered why i hadn't checked the value in a long time, its just way too depressing. Anyway i decided to forge ahead and review the performance of each of the coys i own stocks in (since i was already online what the heck), and folks this is were my depression began to turn into anger.
Most of the coys i checked had AGM's listed but no venue (venue to be communicated later!), some couldn't even be bothered about shareholders (Dangote flour had to be sanctioned last year before presenting a cooked end of the year financial result! and am sure there towing the same line this year also)
Then it finally hit me, these people dont give a hoot about the shareholders! The regulator SEC, NSE, Stock Houses & Listed Coys are all in the same club and generally rub each others back.
One thing am curious about is why there haven't been any hostile take overs of coys performing poorly in the Nigerian Stock Exchange. In advanced economies when share prices tumble its a cause for worry as the coy becomes susceptible to a take overbid because of the low value of the shares in the open market.

Abeg am not that learned it terms of financial law or equity markets but isnt there any way the masses can stage a revolution to wipe the stock market clean?
Re: NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE - What Can Share Holders Do? by ayufun: 5:40pm On Oct 25, 2012
that's naija 4 u. All we need to do is to work hard to make big money like george soros did. over the years, I've been striving to make big money from nigeria stock market; at a time i focused on penny stock but not that easy coz i cant be in naija and understand USA well than naija and i come back home to have refight. Now with my little knowledge and the unlimited support of prostockalert.com and theis superb stoc pick alert at no cost, it's a great synergy. Make your best trade, best win ever...... www.prostockalert.com
digi101: After a long while i finally mustered up some courage to review the current value of the equities in my portfolio,after just 60 seconds i remembered why i hadn't checked the value in a long time, its just way too depressing. Anyway i decided to forge ahead and review the performance of each of the coys i own stocks in (since i was already online what the heck), and folks this is were my depression began to turn into anger.
Most of the coys i checked had AGM's listed but no venue (venue to be communicated later!), some couldn't even be bothered about shareholders (Dangote flour had to be sanctioned last year before presenting a cooked end of the year financial result! and am sure there towing the same line this year also)
Then it finally hit me, these people dont give a hoot about the shareholders! The regulator SEC, NSE, Stock Houses & Listed Coys are all in the same club and generally rub each others back.
One thing am curious about is why there haven't been any hostile take overs of coys performing poorly in the Nigerian Stock Exchange. In advanced economies when share prices tumble its a cause for worry as the coy becomes susceptible to a take overbid because of the low value of the shares in the open market.

Abeg am not that learned it terms of financial law or equity markets but isnt there any way the masses can stage a revolution to wipe the stock market clean?
that's naija 4 u. All we need to do is to work hard to make big money like george soros did. over the years, I've been striving to make big money from nigeria stock market; at a time i focused on penny stock but not that easy coz i cant be in naija and understand USA well than naija and i come back home to have refight. Now with my little knowledge and the unlimited support of prostockalert.com and theis superb stoc pick alert at no cost, it's a great synergy. Make your best trade, best win ever...... www.prostockalert.com
Re: NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE - What Can Share Holders Do? by ayufun: 9:37pm On Nov 09, 2012
Just as the broker is the attorney of a stock investor, The registrar is the attorney of companies' stocks selling stocks to investors and paying investors for transferred(sold) stocks. For a list of Nigeria companies stocks Registrars,visit www.bglsecurities.com/registrars.html (post a comment if this is helpful)

(1) (Reply)

Invest Of Dump Truck Business And Get Up To 400K Monthly Returns / Help With A Good Idea / #6500 Profitable Investmet That Yields Good Daily Returns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.