Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Nysc/nim Programme? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nysc/nim Programme? (12939 Views)

NIM NYSC Program / Nim/nysc June 2007 Result Out, Induction On Jan 31st @ Unilag / Nim December Result Is Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nysc/nim Programme? by parkia(f): 8:11pm On Nov 05, 2007
hi guys this nysc/ nim of a thing how useful is it have heard alot of people say its rubbish pls guys help me out!!!!!!!
Re: Nysc/nim Programme? by 2bad(m): 10:04pm On Nov 05, 2007
how can a learned man say any type of certificate is rubbish.
as far as i am concern, it is something cool
Re: Nysc/nim Programme? by hafos(m): 9:11am On Nov 06, 2007
i do not think its a bad thing because it is even going to becuse if you had registered not under NYSC you will pay more compared to the 4K paid

anyway has anybody heard from NIM the result of the exam conducted june july 2007 because we were not told how to get the result but i think the induction is for december

any other view?
Re: Nysc/nim Programme? by oludoyin(m): 11:09am On Nov 06, 2007
Hi guys,

We should try to educate some people in this forum to understand the potentials that makes someone a good manager.
Since most of us in this forum wants to be owners of our own business, will should know some of this principles that is required.

THE NIM CHARTER AND THE PROFESSIONAL MANAGER

The Nigerian Institute of Management Establishment Act 2003 was enacted as an Act of National Assembly on the 19th of June 2003 establishing the Nigerian Institute of Management as a body corporate under that name and charged pursuant to section 1 (1) (a)-(d) with the general duty of:

(1) Determining what standards of knowledge and skill are to be attained by persons seeking to become members of the management profession and raising those standards and skill from time to time as circumstances may permit.
(2) Securing in accordance with the provisions of this Act the establishment and maintenance of register of members and publication from time to time of list of those members.
(3) Regulating and controlling the profession of management in all its aspects and ramifications and
(4) Performing through the Council under this Act the functions conferred on it by this Act.

The dynamism of time and the obvious consistency of change have brought about a rare opportunity and privilege for me to face these high profile professionals in the various fields unified under one umbrella, the Nigeria Institute of Management (Chartered), the mother of all professions.

So, be a Chartered member, you may need it some day, some how.
Re: Nysc/nim Programme? by Joey82(m): 11:38am On Nov 06, 2007
the nim stuff is worth doing my guy, iread sciences and many were suprised to see me in that class during NYSC but today, i can assure u that i'm already reaping d full benefis of that course,
besides its cheap

1 Like

Re: Nysc/nim Programme? by Segunusaid(m): 11:45am On Nov 06, 2007
Hello house,

am new on this forum, kudos to all of you guys/ladies in the house.
Am proud of you all, keep it up.

Also i like to say a big thank you to Seun for this great initiative.

NYSC/NIM, well the truth is no knowledge is a waste, most especially if u re not mgt sciences related. My advice is if u ve the opportunity and the time to do it pls do, it is not a waste of time rather a way to keep urself busy. And who knows it might be useful someday.

All the best
Re: Nysc/nim Programme? by speak2me: 12:48pm On Dec 15, 2007
THE NIM EXAMS FOR THE PRESENT SET OF BATCH A 2007/2008 CORPS MEMBERS ARE GOING ON AND WOULD BE CONCLUDUDE BY THE 15TH AND 16TH DECEMBER 2007.

SO IF U MISSED OUT ALL U BATCH A CORPERS

SORRRRRRRY

BUT FOR THE NEW BATCH B CORPS MEMBERS PLSSS MEET WITH UR BATCH A COUNTERPARTS WITHIN UR LGA TO FIND OUTWHEN THE FORMS FOR YOUR BATCH WOULD BE OUT ANYTTIME NEXT YEAR,

THE ONLY EXCUSE YOU MAY HAVE NOT TO DO IT IS IF YOUR PLANNING TO SIT FOR YOUR MBA OR ICAN EXAMS WICH ARE DEFINATELY PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS THAT SURPASS NIM,

THINK WISELY
KUDOS

SPEAKE 2 ME
Re: Nysc/nim Programme? by speak2me: 12:54pm On Dec 15, 2007
WELL IF I MIGHT ADD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE NIM EXAMS FOR THE PRESENT SET OF BATCH A 2007/2008 CORPS MEMBERS ARE GOING ON AND WOULD BE CONCLUDUDE BY THE 15TH AND 16TH DECEMBER 2007.

SO IF U MISSED OUT ALL U BATCH A CORPERS

SORRRRRRRY

BUT FOR THE NEW BATCH B CORPS MEMBERS PLSSS MEET WITH UR BATCH A COUNTERPARTS WITHIN UR LGA TO FIND OUTWHEN THE FORMS FOR YOUR BATCH WOULD BE OUT ANYTTIME NEXT YEAR,

THE ONLY EXCUSE YOU MAY HAVE NOT TO DO IT IS IF YOUR PLANNING TO SIT FOR YOUR MBA OR ICAN EXAMS WICH ARE DEFINATELY PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS THAT ''MAY'' SURPASS NIM,

THINK WISELY
KUDOS

SPEAKE 2 ME
Re: Nysc/nim Programme? by windy: 6:35pm On Dec 16, 2007
when are the new batch b corp members starting registration for nim?
Re: Nysc/nim Programme? by oloksman1(m): 8:45am On Dec 17, 2007
hi guys,
It's obvious that no knowledge is a waste.
Is it the corporate laws, commmunication skill polished,the small business enterprise,case studies,financial mgt., business ethics or marketing that will not be relevant to virtually everyone of us especially those of us that read non management course interested in business or our own establishments?
the progromme ,beside adding management/business value to our CVs,it orients, expose & alerts graduates about establishing and self employment(see small medium enterprise 104) it's really valuable.
Talking financial mgt,the various financial ,invested and dividend decisions helps us one way or the other in our lives.ETC
WE ALL NEED IT,it's good.

as for the results (perhaps,2007 results are out)and more information,see the link

http://managementnigeria.org/

and other valuables will be enjoyed.
Re: Nysc/nim Programme? by ikhideman(m): 5:30pm On Dec 17, 2007
I'm a Batch A Corper; i wrote the examz which were concluded yesterday. My question is: after I've passed this (its called Proficiency Certificate) stage, what next? Will i have only a stage to write b4 i become a full member of NIM?

Pls, if anyone knows, i'd be grateful for ur reply!
Re: Nysc/nim Programme? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 17, 2007
pls check www.managementnigeria.org for further information concerning the conversion the proficiency certificate to the membership certificate
good luck
Re: Nysc/nim Programme? by kado(m): 7:01pm On Dec 17, 2007
pls, how do i navigate the site to check the result
Re: Nysc/nim Programme? by pewekac: 1:08pm On Dec 18, 2007
you guys that just wrote the exams, congrats. but we 2006 Batch B corps members who wrote in july and have since passed out are still awaiting our own results.

haba, these guys should release them now, abi we do bad write the exam add am for CV?
Re: Nysc/nim Programme? by Pratchlink: 1:16pm On Mar 16, 2010
Hello guys,

Would someone please tell me if the NIM/NYSC certificate carries the courses / subjects written on it or they issue a transcript separately.

I'm yet to receive my NIM certificate but I wanna know if the 8 courses taken are written on the certificate or I have to request statement of result or transcript separately.

Waiting for your replies especially from those who have received their certificates.

Thankx
Re: Nysc/nim Programme? by jimohb(m): 6:15pm On Mar 16, 2010
pls i wrote the NIM Exam while i was a corper  (BATCH A 2007)and passed.
but i was unable to collect my result cos as i am always engage anytime they call for induction.
the problem is that i dont remember my exam detail anymore. But atleast i know my exam centre.
Can someone advise me how to go about it. I really want to have the certificate.
Re: Nysc/nim Programme? by jimohb(m): 6:16pm On Mar 16, 2010
pls i wrote the NIM Exam while i was a corper  (BATCH A 2007)and passed.
but i was unable to collect my result cos as i am always engage anytime they call for induction.
the problem is that i dont remember my exam detail anymore. But atleast i know my exam centre.
Can someone advise me how to go about it. I really want to have the certificate.
Re: Nysc/nim Programme? by Pratchlink: 7:35am On Mar 17, 2010
Hello Jimohb,

Fortunately, I have been speaking with them lately about similar situation. You may have to visit this page http://www.managementnigeria.org/contact.html to retrieve phone number of the centre.

Beter still, call the Lagos office, NYSC Partnership Programme Mobile: 08023520948 Land Telephone: 01-2705939

They will give you your number once you (remember?) your names.

2ndly, you may not be able to receive your certificate except you go for induction. Alternatively, you may have to send someone to pick up for you at the induction. I was told certificates are given at induction.

You did not state if you have paid the 9K induction fee. If you've paid, your certificate may have been printed already "hanging" somewhere in their office. call dt number and confirm.

However, if you have not paid, confirm the next NEAREST induction venue @ http://www.managementnigeria.org/nysconline.html , go there or find someone to represent you.

Try to get it because the next time you'd need it, you might not even have an inch of the time you have now.

Enjoy.

So would someone who already got his/her certificate advice me on my question.

Hello guys,

Would someone please tell me if the NIM/NYSC certificate carries the courses / subjects written on it or they issue a transcript separately.

I'm yet to receive my NIM certificate but I wanna know if the 8 courses taken are written on the certificate or I have to request statement of result or transcript separately.

Waiting for your replies especially from those who have received their certificates.

Thankx
Re: Nysc/nim Programme? by believeme1(m): 11:17am On Jun 08, 2010
Thanks Pratchlink, you answered my question months before I asked it. Hope you've found the info you need. If you haven't, why not try calling their office/enquiries numbers for info?
Enjoy everyone.

(1) (Reply)

An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day / Urgent Vacancy In Usa, Canada, Germany, Japan And France. / Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.