Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,097 members, 7,814,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff (12917 Views)

2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. / Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer / REVEALED: Anambra Plans Conversion Of N-teach Volunteers To Permanent Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Stoicful(m): 9:21pm On Aug 18, 2022
Which is better, a contract Job in a multinational company or permanent staff in a one man's business. But the pay of the one man business is twice of the multinational contract Job + the job role of the multinational has more value.

Multinational (Laboratory Technician)
One man's business (Production Supervisor but it's just material management and coordinating factory workers).

Multinational - 80k
Permanent - 155k

Which should I go for ?

6 Likes

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Lawalabiodun(m): 9:35pm On Aug 18, 2022
Stoicful:
Which is better, a contract Job in a multinational company or permanent staff in a one man's business. But the pay of the one man business is twice of the multinational contract Job + the job role of the multinational has more value.

One man's business (Production Supervisor but it's just material management and coordinating factory workers).

Multinational - 80k
Permanent - 155k

Which should I go for ?

I would suggest the one of permanent staff in as much the job role is not toxic and also location friendly.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by EyeTaspirant(m): 9:58pm On Aug 18, 2022
The multinational job will give you more professional exposure, there will be SOPs guiding almost every thing compared to a one man's business that may not have structure.

Plus, if the multinational is well known with great brands out there, it will give your CV value for your next job

27 Likes

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Stoicful(m): 8:52am On Aug 19, 2022
EyeTaspirant:
The multinational job will give you more professional exposure, there will be SOPs guiding almost every thing compared to a one man's business that may not have structure.

Plus, if the multinational is well known with great brands out there, it will give your CV value for your next job
It's a great brand. It's the best food production and processing brand in Nigeria and one of the well known outside Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by slawomir: 1:57pm On Aug 19, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright....

Grab my weed to read comments and learn

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by IboHausaYoruba: 1:58pm On Aug 19, 2022
Hmm! This is very difficult to decide o but try and itemise what you really want. Your short and your long term dream. If it is to work for a certain time, safe and plan better e.g opening your own Laboratory or japa, I will advise you stay with the one man business but if your focus is to grow with the company with better payment as you're promoted, then go for the multinational's. One thing with one man business is that he's the sole decider and can ask you to go at any time. Think deep and choose.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 19, 2022
there is nothing to argue here, the permanent staff option is better. A multi-national that will pay you 80k doesn't look promising. Forget the experience part, you can learn on your own and even get to invest in stuffs that could lead you out of poverty. For instance, someone that bought solana with just $100 last two years will have over $50,000 during the last bull run. I am not saying that you should go into crypto but there are businesses or investments you can be doing monthly with the extra 70k that can change your life. You can also write certs with it and find better job

15 Likes

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by onunwa21(m): 1:59pm On Aug 19, 2022
Go look for money abeg!!
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by lomprico(m): 1:59pm On Aug 19, 2022
Stoicful:

Multinational - 80k
Permanent - 155k

Which should I go for ?
Look for a 20k job and dump theses two. undecided

8 Likes

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by damble: 1:59pm On Aug 19, 2022
Why are you still asking?

Go for the permanent job my friend

4 Likes

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Manson1(m): 1:59pm On Aug 19, 2022
Go for the permanent job...

BTW...

This is a four bedroom residential accommodation designed by asomarchitectng..

It's has an ante room, living room, dinning area with bar ,laundry and all rooms ensuite. Contact us for the complete architectural drawings/construction..

See my signature for contact details/portfolio...

1 Like

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by abobote: 2:00pm On Aug 19, 2022
Any one man business that pays 155k for a start is a good business. Go for it, the difference is much

6 Likes

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by tishbite42: 2:00pm On Aug 19, 2022
Talk to God
Be sensitive to your spirit

3 Likes

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by ashewoboy(m): 2:00pm On Aug 19, 2022
Na money be fine bobocheesy.

If you don't get it, forget about it.

1 Like

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by kowema(f): 2:00pm On Aug 19, 2022
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright....

Grab my weed to read comments and learn

Never has anything meaningful to contribute as always.

@op, Depending on your location, please take the job that would pay you more for now.
You will still gather experience.
The idea is to factor in the following reasons

1). Things are expensive now, would 88k sustain you?, While you pay rent, feed and transport?.
2). Experience comes from exposure to work.
The one man business would count too, cus judging from the pay, it has to be a structured one man business.

2 Likes

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Paxziano: 2:00pm On Aug 19, 2022
Stoicful:

Multinational - 80k
Permanent - 155k

Which should I go for ?

One man business? Very risky brethren... Go for the multinational... It's temporary but if you put your eye down, you may find a way to get in

3 Likes

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by lolu2019: 2:01pm On Aug 19, 2022
Go for a permanent job.contract will finish. and u will be back to square one.

3 Likes

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Eagle360(m): 2:01pm On Aug 19, 2022
Where una dey see these job?

Buy data from me
Check my signature

2 Likes

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Swimcsh: 2:02pm On Aug 19, 2022
One man business can be really toxic and very unstructured. Is there potential growth in the multi-national?

3 Likes

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by KarlEast: 2:02pm On Aug 19, 2022
I came here to mark attendance.

Bye!
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by frankblinkz(m): 2:03pm On Aug 19, 2022
Don't be confused dear friend....
Grab your permanent job,and there's nothing like limited opportunities anymore.
Get busy and look for other sources of additional income through your mobile phone.
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Chris2863(m): 2:03pm On Aug 19, 2022
kowema:

Never has anything meaningful to contribute
he is a smoker. They are always out of ideas grin
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by JoshTim: 2:03pm On Aug 19, 2022
Go for the contract. If you play your cards well, you will be retained. The contract has a specific time, so you can plan. The permanent is a one man business which is not guaranteed and you may even be sacked before 6 months period.

You have to understand the concepts of timing and placement. I will rather be amongst the right people that will push me to the next phase than a sumptuous meal that won't last.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by moscobabs(m): 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2022
Do u not take any risk whatsoever, you can be sacked in any of the companies, go for the permanent job plan ur life with if by have a good savings.

1 Like

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Polchiz(m): 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2022
Go for the multinational.
And watch out for their advert for permanent staff. In the near future, you will picked ahead of candidates who never worked with them.

2 Likes

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Technology14: 2:05pm On Aug 19, 2022
Pray about it. Check my profile for your affordable 4G solar ptz cctv camera, solar flood light and precise resistivity meter for geophysical survey.
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Stoicful(m): 2:05pm On Aug 19, 2022
Paxziano:

One man business? Very risky brethren... Go for the multinational... It's temporary but if you put your eye down, you may find a way to get in
Thanks boss.
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by KristaPretty(f): 2:07pm On Aug 19, 2022
I work for the money.

Permanent it is.

Experience counts, forget the multinational thing.

I go where the money and comfort is.

Who says you cannot grow with the permanent one?

Next post then.
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by rusher14: 2:08pm On Aug 19, 2022
Stoicful:

Multinational - 80k
Permanent - 155k

Which should I go for ?

It is not JUST management and supervision.

Every role has its importance and you are what you say you are.
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Throwback: 2:09pm On Aug 19, 2022
Contract job in multinational.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stanbic IBTC Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2013 / Nysc/nim Programme? / Federal Teachers Scheme | Federal Government Teachers Recruitment 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.