Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 (102479 Views)

Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants / Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants / Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by emrino(m): 3:32pm On Apr 13, 2012
Wow, it's yet another 1. The forms are out for recruitment as officers, as usual the army is the only corps with 2commissioning types. The old folks (last set) just went in2 camp though and they're alrdy selling forms. Well for all interested grab ur copy NOW!
http://www.nigerianarmyms.org
They 're a bit lenient wit their terms for enlistment, 22-35 yrs of age, 2nd class lower & all dat.
Feel free to drop comments, opinions, encounters, experiences and all of that to help a fello nairalander out. Succex to all.
Pls feel free seek clarification here.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by 9izguy(m): 5:58pm On Apr 13, 2012
I love this...Anybody in the house with useful information on how to succeed in this DSSC recruitment should please let me know. I will so much appreciate it. One love.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by abioz(m): 6:05pm On Apr 13, 2012
Ermino, pls wats d diff btw d 2 commissionin class?
Whch is better & y?
Y do navy & NAF hav only DSSC?
WHEN NAVY GO SELL THEIRS?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by emrino(m): 6:48pm On Apr 13, 2012
abioz: Ermino, pls wats d diff btw d 2 commissionin class?
Whch is better & y?
Y do navy & NAF hav only DSSC?
WHEN NAVY GO SELL THEIRS?
I'll tk it bottom to top.
1)I don't knw when Navy wil sell
2)Army normally has more man power (about 100,000 as to Naf 15,000 & Navy 10,000).
It's jst a means of having enuf combat ready hands, while d Dssc is for professionals, thus the Naf and Navy require pilots and sailors whom u & i know r professionals the Ssc is "usually" (notis d usually on quote cos its nt always d case) for combat ready officers (not soldiers) that's y ur course doesn't mata jst be a graduate to enlist for Ssc(thats y it used2b only for men too but i can now c this yr dey'v added women)
3) Dssc is perceived better because after university u wan2 sit in an office n mk bread not at a war front (if one were to occur) and be able to "sorta" practice what u studied.
4) Dssc is "usually" (on quote again) for professionals (Accountants, Human Resource Administrators, doctors, lawyers, musicians, caterers e.t.c) and u get 2Stars after 6months training. Ssc is for ANY male/female graduate and u get 1Star after 9months training.
I hope that helps.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by abioz(m): 8:57pm On Apr 13, 2012
tnx bro
very very grateful
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by emrino(m): 9:05pm On Apr 13, 2012
abioz: tnx bro
very very grateful
smiley Anytime bro.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by tchaik(m): 11:43pm On Apr 13, 2012
@emrino how far? Nice one as usual. All the best next wk. Guess you will tackle this one as well. Safe
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by emrino(m): 9:12am On Apr 14, 2012
tchaik: @emrino how far? Nice one as usual. All the best next wk. Guess you will tackle this one as well. Safe
Greetings my brother. I will do my best.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by haykay2005: 11:08am On Apr 14, 2012
Good.am going for dis
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by emrino(m): 11:42pm On Apr 18, 2012
For the army u have to pay N2,500 at Ecobank before u even think of going to the site cos u can't achieve anything without payment first. U r not hvn 3phases but 2. 15 automatically shortlisted from each state. They will be accomodated at NDA(4 SSC) and Enugu(4 DSSC) 2 go thru proper medicals and document screening. They also face the int'vw board immediately within all that 2weeks. Succx to all applicant.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by 9izguy(m): 7:42am On Apr 19, 2012
Goodmorning great Nigerians. Please can someone tell me the difference between ''Certificate of state of origin and Identification certificate obtained from one's local government''
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by emrino(m): 8:48am On Apr 19, 2012
9izguy: Goodmorning great Nigerians. Please can someone tell me the difference between ''Certificate of state of origin and Identification certificate obtained from one's local government''
If it partains 2 army recruitment (and paraventure by all standards) they should serve same purpose. I think wld b same.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by felixiodegus: 6:51pm On Apr 20, 2012
Pls great people can someone tell me if possible in detail all that is done during the army selection board interview. I can imagine what the six mnths training will look like,but for interview process I need enlightenment. I will be very grateful for a timely response. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by greyfish: 7:07pm On Apr 20, 2012
They are just using you guys to make money. Have you seen anyone that entered normally? :PThey are just using you guys to make money. Have you seen anyone that entered normally?
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by afrokid(m): 12:33am On Apr 21, 2012
why is it that the NA selects some fields and neglects others. i studied chem. eng. and when i tried to register, my field wasnt on their list.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by unikazzy(m): 6:39am On Apr 21, 2012
can a personwith Bsc in banking/finance apply?
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by tchaik(m): 7:56am On Apr 21, 2012
9izguy: Goodmorning great Nigerians. Please can someone tell me the difference between ''Certificate of state of origin and Identification certificate obtained from one's local government''
emrino:
If it partains 2 army recruitment (and paraventure by all standards) they're thesame.

@emrino how far? Hope say unna kill them for the exam? wink wink wink
On the questions above, I think there is a difference btw the 2. Although both can be issued by either the state headquarter / your L.G. Of origin /the L.G of residence (eg: maybe u are from warri, but u stay in Asaba); Identification Certificate can be obtained from any Police station/division, court, JP, etc. (UNLESS U WERE SPECIFICALLY ASKED TO BRING THE ONE ISSUED BY UR LG)
But in nigeria, where nothing works, they might even refer you to Aso Rock for Identification! cry cry
@ 9izguy, abeg try bring the ones u were told, these guyz no dey smile! grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by Jamo90: 10:50am On Apr 21, 2012
Pls house, what steps do i need to take if I want to be at the Intelligence Unit of the NA. Since someone here said the DSSC is only for professionals then how can a graduate whose course is not on the list found on their website be recruited and posted to the Intelligence unit?
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by PalmTree(m): 1:58pm On Apr 21, 2012
Jamo90: Pls house, what steps do i need to take if I want to be at the Intelligence Unit of the NA. Since someone here said the DSSC is only for professionals then how can a graduate whose course is not on the list found on their website be recruited and posted to the Intelligence unit?

I think that sud b after u av bin commissioned. U will den b grouped into corps e.g education, infantry, amoured, artillery, intelligence e.t.c.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by emrino(m): 3:00pm On Apr 21, 2012
greyfish: They are just using you guys to make money. Have you seen anyone that entered normally? :PThey are just using you guys to make money. Have you seen anyone that entered normally?
U sound as intelligent as ur name (@least d 2nd half of it). By the way, the ans to ur question is yes.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by emrino(m): 3:05pm On Apr 21, 2012
tchaik:

@emrino how far? Hope say unna kill them for the exam? wink wink wink
On the questions above, I think there is a difference btw the 2. Although both can be issued by either the state headquarter / your L.G. Of origin /the L.G of residence (eg: maybe u are from warri, but u stay in Asaba); Identification Certificate can be obtained from any Police station/division, court, JP, etc. (UNLESS U WERE SPECIFICALLY ASKED TO BRING THE ONE ISSUED BY UR LG)
But in nigeria, where nothing works, they might even refer you to Aso Rock for Identification! cry cry
@ 9izguy, abeg try bring the ones u were told, these guyz no dey smile! grin grin grin
haha, it was bloody, hw was urs? Tnx for d enlightenment, u know most of my ans are usually besed on my past experience and i used d local govt. Obtained, but i guess in dis case he shld go for the state of origin thing, succx!
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by emrino(m): 3:09pm On Apr 21, 2012
Jamo90: Pls house, what steps do i need to take if I want to be at the Intelligence Unit of the NA. Since someone here said the DSSC is only for professionals then how can a graduate whose course is not on the list found on their website be recruited and posted to the Intelligence unit?
U start with applying for SSC and as our Elder sed wait till after being commissioned den d intelligence thing can b bothered abt.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by emrino(m): 3:10pm On Apr 21, 2012
uni-kazzy:
can a personwith Bsc in banking/finance apply?
Yes, for SSC.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by emrino(m): 3:14pm On Apr 21, 2012
afrokid: why is it that the NA selects some fields and neglects others. i studied chem. eng. and when i tried to register, my field wasnt on their list.
Hi friend, DSSC is usually called for based on ''availability''. That is, the departments dey need more hands. If they are fully staffed in their engineering dept. they can't advertise for it. But u'r stil in luck, unlike Navy & Air4s that advertise for only DSSC, Army stil has SSC for ANY graduate no matter the course even if u studied fishery or theatre arts u can join under SSC.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by emrino(m): 3:18pm On Apr 21, 2012
felixiodegus: Pls great people can someone tell me if possible in detail all that is done during the army selection board interview. I can imagine what the six mnths training will look like,but for interview process I need enlightenment. I will be very grateful for a timely response. Thanks
It usually depends on their mood when u walk in thru d door.. Some are asked to sit, som remain standing, some 2 questions others 8 questions...rangin from tell us about urself to whyy are u wearing white?? The final question usually is, ''why do u want to join the Nigerian Army''. I hope u get the picture.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by felixiodegus: 3:48pm On Apr 21, 2012
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by emrino(m): 5:59pm On Apr 21, 2012
felixiodegus: Thanks
Anytym bro.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by 9izguy(m): 10:18pm On Apr 21, 2012
Great Nigerians,i appreciate alot of the informations i had gained through your various experiences but i still need clarifications in some issues.
1. Is Recommendations of the applicant among the documents to be uploaded during the online application?
2. What are the considerations or qualifications for the first shortlisting?
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by greyfish: 10:44pm On Apr 21, 2012
emrino:
U sound as intelligent as ur name (@least d 2nd half of it). By the way, the ans to ur question is yes.
ok keep wasting your time.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by emrino(m): 9:59am On Apr 22, 2012
9izguy: Great Nigerians,i appreciate alot of the informations i had gained through your various experiences but i still need clarifications in some issues.
1. Is Recommendations of the applicant among the documents to be uploaded during the online application?
2. What are the considerations or qualifications for the first shortlisting?
1). No.
2). On d surface, all dat r needed r ur qualifications n 4u 2b eligible(height, age e.t.c). Bt d truth is no 1 can rily tel hw dey get dia 20frm each state, its sooo automatic. Jst b prayerful.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by felixiodegus: 1:10pm On Apr 22, 2012
Pls does anyone hve an idea on hw medical doctors fare in the army? Must they live in the barracks? Are they usually transfered as othrs? What's their allowances like? Also are pharmacist and optometrist also at par with their mbbs colleage in the army? Thanks always
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by emrino(m): 4:56pm On Apr 22, 2012
felixiodegus: Pls does anyone hve an idea on hw medical doctors fare in the army? Must they live in the barracks? Are they usually transfered as othrs? What's their allowances like? Also are pharmacist and optometrist also at par with their mbbs colleage in the army? Thanks always
They farewell, mustn't live in d barracks, dey get trnsfrd & juicy allowances. Yes, dey r at par wt d mbbs colleagues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Monthly Salary Of A Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Officer? / First Bank Interview? / Ernst And Young (EY) 2019 Graduate Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.