Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY (102206 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship / Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by DMainMan: 8:46am On Aug 17, 2015
APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY

http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/scholarships-developing-cw/

Deadline: November 19, 2015.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by DMainMan: 8:49am On Aug 17, 2015
You can apply for a Commonwealth Scholarship for the following levels of study:

Master’s (one-year courses only)
PhD

All subject areas are eligible, although the CSC’s selection criteria give priority to applications that
demonstrate the strongest relevance to development.
You should apply to study at a UK university with which the CSC has a part funding agreement. Click here
for a list of UK universities which have part funding agreements with the CSC

Eligibility

To apply for these scholarships, you must:

Be a Commonwealth citizen, refugee, or British protected person
Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in
September/October 2016
By October 2016, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a
second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
The CSC promotes equal opportunity, gender equity, and cultural exchange.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by DMainMan: 8:50am On Aug 17, 2015
gud luck
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by lantessy(m): 8:54am On Aug 17, 2015
Thanks DMainMan
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by DMainMan: 8:56am On Aug 17, 2015
lantessy:
Thanks DMainMan
u r welkom my oga

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by mercythrone(m): 9:49am On Aug 17, 2015
Please, have you applied. I went through their site and application is to be done through their offices in various nominating countries. But the Nigerian official site isn't opening.

If anyone has applied, please do share the procedure. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Mopolchi: 9:51am On Aug 17, 2015
Ok I dey come.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by radiantochi: 11:26am On Aug 17, 2015
Please is it important for one to have gained admission into a UK University before applying
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Donglitzie: 12:04pm On Aug 17, 2015
You may raise your profile by apply to win this trip to Manila, the Philippines. If you're a young filmmaker between ages 18 to 30 you may participate in the open position from Asia Development Bank...

Here's the link: http://www.livebeyondschool.com/ADB-Video-Competition-Whos-Growing-Tomorrows-Food.html

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by busdebbie(f): 12:37pm On Aug 17, 2015
another thing is that they are specific courses for each country
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by hardbody: 1:05pm On Aug 17, 2015
Stress is Loading.....
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by mikaj(m): 1:13pm On Aug 17, 2015
To apply na war. It just keeps reloading the pages

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by jamanuka: 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2015
Part funding? Did I read well?
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by busdebbie(f): 1:30pm On Aug 17, 2015
commen wealth is full funding
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by jamanuka: 1:38pm On Aug 17, 2015
busdebbie:
commen wealth is full funding
Thanks
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by baba11(m): 1:54pm On Aug 17, 2015
Following

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Dongreat(m): 2:21pm On Aug 17, 2015
I graduated from a UK university. Please how can I b nominated for this scholarship. Help needed
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by jazinogold(m): 2:50pm On Aug 17, 2015
hmmmm
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 17, 2015
guys pls whats ur nominating agency im confused

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by karkinase(m): 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2015
Frm wat I culd deduce me tinks nominating agencies are like the link between You and the commonwealth board funding the scholarship. Its specific and differs frm each country, guess they are also the ones vested with the powers of nominating candidates fitted for the scholarship through ur course, proposal n the developmental impact of the course chosen. Hope that helps...... By d way who don apply sef...
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by mizskyhigh: 2:47pm On Aug 19, 2015
karkinase:
Frm wat I culd deduce me tinks nominating agencies are like the link between You and the commonwealth board funding the scholarship. Its specific and differs frm each country, guess they are also the ones vested with the powers of nominating candidates fitted for the scholarship through ur course, proposal n the developmental impact of the course chosen. Hope that helps...... By d way who don apply sef...
I applied last year,wasn't offered tho,but I was given admission. Deferred my admission to next year so I can give it a try again. I hope to be considered.

@Mercythrone,radiantochi,jamanuka,busdebbie,dongreat,chaymastic....,there are different forms of CommonWealth scholarship(partly funded,fully funded etc),first you have to know which one you want to apply for,then you check the list of schools participating in the scholarship and the eligible courses(note that not all courses are eligible for scholarship).

A nominating agency is just an organization that serves as an intermediary between you and the CommonWealth scholarship board e.g ministry of Education,a Uk organization,the school you are applying to etc...applicants are not allowed to forward their application directly to the scholarship board hence the need for a nominating agency,and as the name implies"nominating" they are the ones who nominate you for the said scholarship.

Just download the guidelines and you'll be fine.

In case of any question(which I doubt if there will be any after downloading and reading the applicant's guide) I'll be here to answer to the best of my knowledge.

CommonWealth scholarship is a very prestigious one and competitive,brace up,have 24hrs internet access and have faith.

I wish us all,goodluck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by karkinase(m): 2:52pm On Aug 19, 2015
@ Miskyhigh thnks for d thorough clarification...
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by mizskyhigh: 3:00pm On Aug 19, 2015
karkinase:
@ Miskyhigh thnks for d thorough clarification...
You are welcome.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by stanley102(m): 3:12pm On Aug 19, 2015
mizskyhigh:

I applied last year,wasn't offered tho,but I was given admission. Deferred my admission to next year so I can give it a try again. I hope to be considered.

@Mercythrone,radiantochi,jamanuka,busdebbie,dongreat,chaymastic....,there are different forms of CommonWealth scholarship(partly funded,fully funded etc),first you have to know which one you want to apply for,then you check the list of schools participating in the scholarship and the eligible courses(note that not all courses are eligible for scholarship).

A nominating agency is just an organization that serves as an intermediary between you and the CommonWealth scholarship board e.g ministry of Education,a Uk organization,the school you are applying to etc...applicants are not allowed to forward their application directly to the scholarship board hence the need for a nominating agency,and as the name implies"nominating" they are the ones who nominate you for the said scholarship.

In case of any question(which I doubt if there will be any after downloading and reading the applicant's guide) I'll be here to answer to the best of my knowledge.

CommonWealth scholarship is a very prestigious one and competitive,brace up,have 24hrs internet access and have faith.

I wish us all,goodluck.

Hello, how do I download the applicants guidelines?
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by mizskyhigh: 3:21pm On Aug 19, 2015
stanley102:

Hello, how do I download the applicants guidelines?
Click on op's link,the prospectus(guide) is under terms and conditions.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Ishaq96: 3:27pm On Aug 19, 2015
@Mizskyhigh pls what is the format for applying
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
mizskyhigh:

I wish us all,goodluck.

so i cant apply directly....den its nt a free and fair scholarship.
what if my university being my nominating agency dont nominate me...am nt the best graduating student
wt do i do?
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by mizskyhigh: 3:43pm On Aug 19, 2015
Ishaq96:
@Mizskyhigh pls what is the format for applying
Depends on the school you are applying to...but generally,you'll be required to submit stuffs like

Statement of purpose(SOP):this is a detailed write-up on why you want to further your studies in uk,why you chose the sch you did and how your course can help in developing your nation's economy

Transcript

Statement of result/certificate

O'level result etc

The 1st step to you application still remains downloading and reading that prospectus carefully. From there you'll be able to check your course and the school you should apply to.

This year is quite different considering they all have the same closing date.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by mizskyhigh: 3:45pm On Aug 19, 2015
chayomastic:
so i cant apply directly....den its nt a free and fair scholarship.
what if my university being my nominating agency dont nominate me...am nt the best graduating student
wt do i do?

I think they are trying to avoid a situation where you'll be given scholarship without admission.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 / Monthly Salary Of A Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Officer? / Ernst And Young (EY) 2019 Graduate Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.