Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,370 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget (2515 Views)

Gov Polls: EFCC Arrests INEC Chiefs For Taking N675m In Bribes / Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples / Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by jaybee(f): 5:49pm On Apr 13, 2012
Jonathan may sack MDAs’ chiefs for distorting 2012 budget
By Agency Reporter

President Goodluck Jonathan said on Friday that he would sack all Heads of Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) who lobbied the National Assembly to distort the 2012 budget.

The President stated this in his remarks shortly after signing the 2012 appropriation bill at the State House, Abuja.

Jonathan said the attitude of MDAs lobbying for increase of their budget by the National Assembly had been responsible for the difficulties in budget implementation.

He said that he already had security information on some heads of parastatal agencies who lobbied the National Assembly to increase the 2012 budget, adding that he would make scapegoats of them.

“One of the greatest problems I have noticed from the day I assumed office as a vice president in 2007 till date is that Federal Government budgets have not been based on proper planning. `

`In most cases, when the budget comes out from the Planning Ministry and Finance along the line, people distort the budget, especially some heads of MDAs go to lobby the National Assembly to put figures that are not based on planning.

“And that is why it has been very difficult for federal government to achieve targets.

``This year, we clearly frowned at it and I am going to use some heads of parastatals to show people our new direction. I got security reports – that some heads of MDAs came to lobby for their budgets to be increased; I will use some people as an example. I will ask them to leave because we cannot run a country without planning.

“We cannot run a budget that is not based on planning because these figures don't just come from the blues, people sat down and compute figures and see how it fits into fiscal responsibility and other issues.

``So we will not allow a situation where one person, because of personal interest will distort the budget of a nation,’’ the News Agency of Nigeria quoted the president as saying on Friday.

He pleaded with the National Assembly to always resist overtures from heads of MDAs to increase their budgets
[quote]Jonathan may sack MDAs’ chiefs for distorting 2012 budget
By Agency Reporter

President Goodluck Jonathan said on Friday that he would sack all Heads of Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) who lobbied the National Assembly to distort the 2012 budget.

The President stated this in his remarks shortly after signing the 2012 appropriation bill at the State House, Abuja.

Jonathan said the attitude of MDAs lobbying for increase of their budget by the National Assembly had been responsible for the difficulties in budget implementation.

He said that he already had security information on some heads of parastatal agencies who lobbied the National Assembly to increase the 2012 budget, adding that he would make scapegoats of them.

“One of the greatest problems I have noticed from the day I assumed office as a vice president in 2007 till date is that Federal Government budgets have not been based on proper planning. `

`In most cases, when the budget comes out from the Planning Ministry and Finance along the line, people distort the budget, especially some heads of MDAs go to lobby the National Assembly to put figures that are not based on planning.

“And that is why it has been very difficult for federal government to achieve targets.

``This year, we clearly frowned at it and I am going to use some heads of parastatals to show people our new direction. I got security reports – that some heads of MDAs came to lobby for their budgets to be increased; I will use some people as an example. I will ask them to leave because we cannot run a country without planning.

“We cannot run a budget that is not based on planning because these figures don't just come from the blues, people sat down and compute figures and see how it fits into fiscal responsibility and other issues.

``So we will not allow a situation where one person, because of personal interest will distort the budget of a nation,’’ the News Agency of Nigeria quoted the president as saying on Friday.

He pleaded with the National Assembly to always resist overtures from heads of MDAs to increase their budgets

ALL TALK AND NO ACTION!

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by jamace(m): 5:52pm On Apr 13, 2012
Oya let heads roll, abeg sir.
Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by Sijo01(f): 6:46pm On Apr 13, 2012
Wishing he will match words wit actions!
Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by Standing5(m): 10:40am On Mar 15, 2016
And some people try to pin Budget padding on Buhari. Wailers, God know all una address. I will love to see this as a throwback thread. Jaybee common help get this on Politic section first page. Lalasticlala, FP material in here. Lol

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 15, 2016
@modath: guess Bubu was right, after all.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by MabraO: 11:03am On Mar 15, 2016
Pity wailer eyes re filled with scales dey can't see
Nd dey got no brain dey can't think

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by modath(f): 11:34am On Mar 15, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
@mo: guess Bubu was right, after all.

Saraki thought making an hullabaloo about the budget would cast aspersion on PMB..

The NASS knew exactly what transpired because it's a long standing tradition that MDAs kickback "something" to the committees in charge oversight of their function & the only way to get this done is by "creative manipulation" of the figures...

Herein though is the difference between the IB & Bubu, IB treated it as one of those things but Bubu just ain't having it.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/199953-breaking-budget-padding-buhari-removes-22-top-directors-budget-office.html

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by modath(f): 11:53am On Mar 15, 2016
Cc..Progressive01 , obiagelli , ngeneukwenu, aresa, seunmsg , shamecurls , passingshot, mynd44 ...

Wailers are also welcome to do that which they do best...

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by crownwealth: 1:58pm On Mar 15, 2016
This stupid government is so stupid to dig out past stupidity. embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 15, 2016
Where these wailers them?
Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 15, 2016
jamace:
Oya let heads roll, abeg sir.
Did the ineffectual buffon eventually fire anyone?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by jamace(m): 2:42pm On Mar 15, 2016
Obiagelli:

PMB mantra is fighting corruption. Therefore, we expect him to fight corruption effectively.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 15, 2016
jamace:
PMB mantra is fighting corruption. Therefore, we expect him to fight corruption effectively.
And the buffon's was entrenching corruption. Thanks for the quick reply

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by EgusiSoup: 2:46pm On Mar 15, 2016
Obiagelli:

No. The burukutu burantashi goro chewing kunu drunk pampers wearing senile pedophile ajala Igbo killing dull no certificate nomadic dumbo has north yet fire undecided
Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by theV0ice: 2:46pm On Mar 15, 2016
modath:

Saraki thought making an hullabaloo about the budget would cast aspersion on PMB..

The NASS knew exactly what transpired because it's a long standing tradition that MDAs kickback "something" to the committees in charge oversight of their function & the only way to get this done is by "creative manipulation" of the figures...

Herein though is the difference between the IB & Bubu, IB treated it as one of those things but Bubu just ain't having it.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/199953-breaking-budget-padding-buhari-removes-22-top-directors-budget-office.html

Sis mi, so this practice of budget padding has been the norm?

Walahi the internet is a 'baskard' that never forgets...

If GEJ had gotten 2nd term, he would have sacked them but alas enemies of 'progress' like you prevented it angry

That's the gist I heard at an ogogoro joint near otueke yesterday.

Where are the programmed hate filled wailing robots?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by coolitempa(f): 2:50pm On Mar 15, 2016
Thanking my stars for voting out the ineffective one.... cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by modath(f): 2:58pm On Mar 15, 2016
theV0ice:

Sis mi, so this practice of budget padding has been the norm?

Walahi the internet is a 'baskard' that never forgets...

cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

The internet is a marafaka for real bloda mil! cheesy cheesy

If GEJ had gotten 2nd term, he would have sacked them but alas enemies of 'progress' like you prevented it angry

That's the gist I heard at an ogogoro joint near otueke yesterday.

Where are the programmed hate filled wailing robots?

The IB got nine lives but he misused all..

As for the programmed Robots they will soon congregate to deploy menu 2 & 3 of their wailing operating procedure.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by anonimi: 2:58pm On Mar 15, 2016
Obiagelli:

Thanks for letting us know that with the incorruptible incorrigible man of integrity it is more of the same old same old CORRUPTION.
Thanks for letting us know there NO change.
Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by modath(f): 3:06pm On Mar 15, 2016
anonimi:

Thanks for letting us know that with the incorruptible incorrigible man of integrity it is more of the same old same old CORRUPTION.
Thanks for letting us know there NO change.

Anon, no pinsho? You slacking niyen cheesy

On Topic...

The civil servants at the budget office didn't change, it's the same people that have been there since time immemorial & already know the workings of the government...

CHANGE has now been effected!!!

Ita Enang is one of the old order & can't even be totally trusted as far as I'm concerned..

I agree that PMB was caught napping, but rest assured, NEVER AGAIN..

Lalasticlala, can you show the world the difference between a Leader that takes responsibility & the one who differentiates between stealing & corruption... thx. wink

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by anonimi: 3:09pm On Mar 15, 2016
modath:
On Topic...

The civil servants at the budget office didn't change, it's the same people that have been there since time immemorial & already know the workings of the government...

CHANGE has now been effected!!!

Ita Enang is one of the old order & can't even be totally trusted as far as I'm concerned..

I agree that PMB was caught napping, but rest assured, NEVER AGAIN..

Do you know why Superman Buubuu stopped only at removal aka reassign to other juicy ministry positions instead of asking EFCC to hound them into jail?
Sorry, I forgot that EFCC is only meant for his "enemies".

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3282215_3280258cdatausersdefappsappdatainternetexplorertempsavedimages3272111buhariagainjpgd15e66c9f33a4e30f8dacde4242c9e82jpeg213df7cbc5d7d66c97955a204c81c40c_bin_jpegd6b4c7abfdda7ad93570e2ba4c44b4a8

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by modath(f): 3:13pm On Mar 15, 2016
anonimi:

Do you know why Superman Buubuu stopped only at removal aka reassign to other juicy ministry positions instead of asking EFCC to hound them into jail?
Sorry, I forgot that EFCC is only meant for his "enemies".

"Thanks for the foto".. smiley

Would have enlightened you if you really were interested in knowing how the civil/public service works but scratch that, won't stop the pre programmed wailing...

I no dey use spoon put water for bucket, na work wey nor get end... grin

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by anonimi: 3:19pm On Mar 15, 2016
modath:
Would have enlightened you if you really were interested in knowing how the civil/public service works but scratch that, won't stop the pre programmed wailing...

I thought there were 1.5m users on this forum who can benefit from your enlightenment, assuming you really have any.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by Progressive01(m): 3:20pm On Mar 15, 2016
crownwealth:
This stupid government is so stupid to dig out past stupidity. embarassed
Your level of mumuness is legendary!! Na wa oo!! Someone, a nairaland member points in a direction that reveals what hypocritical idiots pdp supporters/ipod miscreants could be and you say accuse the government of doing so. Shooo!! Do you people earn something from being so silly??

Let us see how the iPod Tadpoles would spin this one.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by theV0ice: 3:21pm On Mar 15, 2016
modath:

"Thanks for the foto".. smiley

cheesy cheesy

Walahi you're wrong at the bold my dear sister. Their problem wouldn't have been so hopeless if the problem was the bucket. Na Basket the obtuse species want make you use fork dey fill. cheesy

Even Jesus no go get that much inclination to indulge them with that miracle cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by theV0ice: 3:23pm On Mar 15, 2016
anonimi:

I thought there were 1.5m users on this forum who can benefit from your enlightenment, assuming you really have any.

Hehehehe....

Crayon boy finding it difficult to understand modath because of lack of teaching aids cheesy

Mo, abeg put it in a picture format..... NL special needs children's class monitor needs assistance to understand cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by anonimi: 3:24pm On Mar 15, 2016
Standing5:
And some people try to pin Budget padding on Buhari. Wailers, God know all una address. I will love to see this as a throwback thread. Jaybee common help get this on Politic section first page. Lalasticlala, FP material in here. Lol

Is Buhari no longer the Superman you voted for? The messiah and saviour who knows all and can do all on your behalf?
What changed grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829596_img6325197050325_jpeg_jpeg61db8b350e65ada0da8fdf4018fb03e4

1 Like

Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by modath(f): 3:25pm On Mar 15, 2016
anonimi:

See below & I gree witchu, I don't have any, satisfied now?? ....

theV0ice:

cheesy cheesy
Walahi you're wrong at the bold my dear sister. Their problem wouldn't have been so hopeless if the problem was the bucket. Na Basket the obtuse species want make you use fork dey fill. cheesy
Even Jesus no go get that much inclination to indulge them with that miracle cheesy

P.S... You couldn't give any reason for Hero's inefficiency, rather you sort to derail the thread in your usual M.O!!!

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by BekeeBuAgbara: 3:46pm On Mar 15, 2016
Old news.
Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by jamace(m): 4:06pm On Mar 15, 2016
Obiagelli:

If your president is a buffoon, then you the led must be an imbe-cile.
Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by Standing5(m): 4:10pm On Mar 15, 2016
Progressive01:
Your level of mumuness is legendary!! Na wa oo!! Someone, a nairaland member points in a direction that reveals what hypocritical idiots pdp supporters/ipod miscreants could be and you say accuse the government of doing so. Shooo!! Do you people earn something from being so silly??

Let us see how the iPod Tadpoles would spin this one.
Na me dat guy dey call stùpid govermental so oh. On top say i dig out the unfathomable hyprocrisy of Gej confessing of being in the know of such practices of budget padding since 2007 at feederal level.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by Standing5(m): 4:20pm On Mar 15, 2016
anonimi:

Is Buhari no longer the Superman you voted for? The messiah and saviour who knows all and can do all on your behalf?
What changed grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829596_img6325197050325_jpeg_jpeg61db8b350e65ada0da8fdf4018fb03e4
You are Beaf-like. See the argument put forth to you and see your answer.
If GEJ could acknowledge knowing about this practice since 2007. Why are you and 40 man crew hell bent on pinning this budget padding thing on Buhari? HYPROCRISY!!!

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by Standing5(m): 4:26pm On Mar 15, 2016
Obiagelli:

ha ha ha . . .
The IB indeed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Nigerians Who Stole Much More Than Ibori / The Film That Caused The Arab Autumn Riot. Video / OIL BLOCS Substantially Falls Inside Anambra State’s Territory-FADAHUNSI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.