Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,118 members, 7,814,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

How Do I Register My New Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Register My New Car (1004 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Buy Used Car Rather Than Buying A New Car? / How Do I Register (Plate Number) My Car? / Samuel Eto'o Shows Off His New Car Worth Millions Of Dollars - Bugatti Veyron (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Register My New Car by ngorluv: 6:47pm On Apr 13, 2012
Am expecting a car frm USA and after clearing it at the port,I don't kno what to do next.Pls I need assistance on the procedures to be taken in order to register a new car(plate number and other necessary papers),where to do it,amount it wud cost me to do everything...thanks as I await ur contributions
Re: How Do I Register My New Car by femmy2010(m): 10:31pm On Apr 13, 2012
ngorluv: Am expecting a car frm USA and after clearing it at the port,I don't kno what to do next.Pls I need assistance on the procedures to be taken in order to register a new car(plate number and other necessary papers),where to do it,amount it wud cost me to do everything...thanks as I await ur contributions

After clearing from the port,take custom papers and a photocopy of your driving license to the nearest Licensing office to get your plate number done.
Insist on seeing the licensing officers and not touts who loiter around.

What to get is as listed below.

Plate Number
Plate number Tag
Treasury Receipt
Allocation form
Proof of ownership
CMR (issued by the police)
Information required(Issued by the police)
MOT or Road worthiness paper.
Insurance paper(the 3rd party one would do)

Cost of registration would be in the N40 - N45k range depending on the type of car or jeep to be registered.

Best of luck.

(1) (Reply)

93 Toyota Camry For Sale, Ice Cold Air Conditoning System, Zero Emission / I Need Advice On Purchasing This Second Hand Car / Gurus In The House, Kindly Help With These Codes...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.