Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Can Nigerians Ever Leave Scam? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Can Nigerians Ever Leave Scam? (4110 Views)

if These 3 Monikers Leave Romance Section Today Thousands Will Follow Them!!!! / Will Nigerians Ever Change ? / Will You Ever Leave Or Delete Your Social Network Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Nigerians Ever Leave Scam? by jerryben12: 10:00pm On Apr 13, 2012
Can the bad eggs in Nigeria and bad Nigerians overseas ever leave scamming? These scammers are now adopting the use of google voice numbers to deceive their victims. They send text messages using google voice numbers (mostly US numbers) pretending as if they live in the States or Canada. I ran a quick test with a blackberry advert. On this advert, I listed a blackberry 9810 for a rediculous price of $600 knowing that no one in the States will respond. As someone from Nigeria did respond. This crazy scammer told me that he lives in San Diego, CA and that he was travelling to London the next day. He wanted me to ship this blackberry to his son in Nigeria and that he would pay me $600 plus $100 shipping through paypal.

Below are some items I got from craigslist on peoples thought about Nigerians.

Re: Can Nigerians Ever Leave Scam? by jerryben12: 9:05pm On Jun 30, 2012
What do you guys ink?
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Leave Scam? by jazrina: 2:57am On Jul 04, 2012
Is it true, there is a School for African to learn how to scam people?
I asked few efriend from Nigeria, they denying it. But almost all Malaysian
say that it was true. I did not watch news much so I didnt follow up on this
kind of issue. I never had Nigerian friend before but because of curiosity
I try to get to know them.

Until now, I dont believe those who i know are bad.
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Leave Scam? by jerryben12: 1:42am On Jul 11, 2012
Another one....

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - $350 (Bolingbrook, IL)

Date: 2012-07-10, 6:06PM CDT
Reply to: tdfhx-3120955649@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Galaxy Tab Wifi 16gb version in excellent like new mint condition. Comes with original box and documents. Also includes a case cover and USB adapter.
Tablet is in excellent working condition. No scratches or scuffs. I will reset the tab once purchased.

Selling for $350 slightly negotiable. No low ballers. No paypal, No checks, No mailing, [b]No shipping to Nigeria [/b]or anywhere else.
Go to Samsung.com and view details on this tab.

Must meet and see within my area only.

Contact me via email asap.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Leave Scam? by jerryben12: 1:46am On Jul 11, 2012
More.....

Wedding Rings and Bands - $3000 (Plano)

Date: 2012-07-09, 11:24AM CDT
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

$3,000.00 CASH ONLY ! Must meet in person to make the deal. NO EXCEPTIONS. Scammers, don't waste your time!!!!!!
14K White Gold 1 Carat Diamond Solitaire
Shape: Round
Cut: Ideal
Color: H
Clarity: I1
Carat: 1
Size: 5
A stunning one carat round diamond is the focus of this elegant engagement ring. The near-colorless diamond is securely prong-set in a band of 14K white gold.
1ct round brilliant engagement ring, white gold, has two identical wedding bands solder to it (easy to undo). http://www.jared.com/product1%7C10451%7C10001%7C-1%7C150870602%7C19061%7C19061.20804.20832
Egagment ring purchased for $2,699.99 (WITHOUT TAX), NOW RETAILING FOR $3,199.99

14K White Gold 1/4 Carat t.w. Diamond Anniversary Band
Twelve round diamonds have been specially chosen to complement one another in a setting of 14K white gold. One-quarter carat of near-colorless diamonds is the perfect way to tell her, "I forever do."
Each band purchased for: $479.99, total: $959.9 (WITHOUT TAX), NOW RETAILING FOR $499.99
Shape: Round
Color: HIJ
Clarity: I1-i2
Carat: 1/4 EACH
Size: 5
TOTAL FOR ENTIRE WEDDING RING: OVER $4,000
Triton Tungsten Carbide Band for Him
For a simple look, opt for this band for him. The 8mm band is crafted of tungsten carbide for modern style. This piece is created by Triton, where art meets engineering. $299.00
ASKING: $3,000 FOR ALL
ONLY SERIOUS INQUIRIED. Email me at jeninrobinson@gmail.com NO SCAMS, ESPECIALLY FROM NIGERIA. I KNOW A SCAM WHEN I SEE IT.
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Leave Scam? by Revolva(m): 2:45pm On Jul 11, 2012
@poster till thy kingdom come as thay are fighting to curb online scam the more the game get tougher and sweeter haha

For naija dem say if one door close anoda door go open and now ask yourself why did this google people invented google number and skype and magik jack call software and all other softwares now who gonna sign up to use dem scam will continue and maga must san wo
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Leave Scam? by jerryben12: 12:51pm On Jul 12, 2012
Revolva: @poster till thy kingdom come as thay are fighting to curb online scam the more the game get tougher and sweeter haha

For naija dem say if one door close anoda door go open and now ask yourself why did this google people invented google number and skype and magik jack call software and all other softwares now who gonna sign up to use dem scam will continue and maga must san wo

Well the VoIP apps were invented to make communication easier and affordable to everyone. They were not invented to promote scam. Men and women of integrity all over the world use these VoIP apps to call their friends and families all over. People of no integrity use them to promote scam. Sincerely scam limits humans capability in life. This is because you can only hope for hope to come. Time wastage. No continuity. Come once, chop finish and start hoping again.
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Leave Scam? by Revolva(m): 11:47pm On Jul 12, 2012
jerryben12:

Well the VoIP apps were invented to make communication easier and affordable to everyone. They were not invented to promote scam. Men and women of integrity all over the world use these VoIP apps to call their friends and families all over. People of no integrity use them to promote scam. Sincerely scam limits humans capability in life. This is because you can only hope for hope to come. Time wastage. No continuity. Come once, chop finish and start hoping again.

Truth sha but boiz go survive na who cares integrity and hunger go kill yahoo boiz lol
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Leave Scam? by jerryben12: 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2012
Revolva:

Truth sha but boiz go survive na who cares integrity and hunger go kill yahoo boiz lol

Well hunger go kill yahoo boiz for prison or for hell fire. E no dey last. Easy come easy go!
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Leave Scam? by jerryben12: 1:07pm On Jul 13, 2012
Another one.....

(75) IPHONES 4S 16GB FOR SALE (NEW) - $400 (ANYWHERE)

Date: 2012-07-12, 2:37PM CDT
Reply to: w4x6g-3105384404@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I HAVE 75 BRAND NEW IPHONES 4S 16GB WITH AT&T STILL IN THE BOX I AM A LICENSED DEALER...I WILL SHIP ANYWHERE I WILL NOT TAKE (PAYPAL) ONLY MONEYPAK OR WESTERN UNION PAYMENTS HAS TO BE MADE FIRST FOR ANY SHIPPING HAPPENS AND NO I WILL NOT SHIP TO NIGERIA!
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Leave Scam? by jerryben12: 1:09pm On Jul 13, 2012
And this one......

HP G70 laptop, 2GHz dual-core, 17" LCD, 3GB RAM, 320GB HDD, DVD burner - $350 (Evanston)

Date: 2012-07-12, 10:54AM CDT
Reply to: nhgdc-3120003423@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

NOTE TO SCAMMERS: I WILL NOT SHIP TO ANYWHERE, ESPECIALLY NOT TO NIGERIA. THIS IF FOR LOCAL PICKUP ONLY. IF YOU ATTEMPT TO CONTACT ME, I WILL LOG YOUR IP AND SEND IT STRAIGHT AWAY TO THE POLICE. 

HP G70-250US Notebook laptop computer 
Perfect working condition. Screen flawless. Comes with original power adapter. HDD has been freshly formatted and authentic Windows 7 installed so you can start using right away! 

Specifications:
Intel Pentium T4200 2GHz dual core CPU (based on Core 2 Duo technology) 
17.0" Wide XGA+ LCD (1440 x 900 high resolution great for reading/editing documents!) 
3GB DDR2 RAM Memory (upgradable to 8GB) 
320GB HDD 5400rpm 
Altec Lansing speakers (awesome sound for a laptop!!)
Integrated Webcam (great for video conferencing!) 
Super Multi 8X DVD±R/RW burner with Lightscribe (can create pretty labels on the top side of CDs/DVDs)
Intel GMA 4500M integrated graphics
Windows 7 Home Premium
5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for SD/MMC/MS/MSP/xD
802.11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN (compatible with the latest N wifi technology) 

Pick up in Evanston, cash only.
Posting created using Craigslist WYSIWYG editor extension for Google Chrome and Safari
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Leave Scam? by jerryben12: 1:17pm On Jul 13, 2012
Moderator, please can you post this sensitive topic on the front paPen Ewe need to reach out to those shameless yahoo yahoo, 419s etc. We can all join hands to educate these ignorant fellow country men and women on the need to live an upright and fraud free live. They need to stop painting Nigerian black.

Please stop the so call fraud and let us redeem back the name of our beloved country.
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Leave Scam? by Revolva(m): 5:29pm On Jul 13, 2012
jerryben12:

Well hunger go kill yahoo boiz for prison or for hell fire. Do you know if it exists fairytales and have you been there? Or anybody you know that's been there ? E no dey last. Easy come easy go!
Guy you harsh oo what do you even know about scam do you know nigeria scammers are the poorest let me tell you the greatest scammers live in america stealing bank logs transfering hugh cash then you are here forming GOD passing judgement hell fire to some deprived human being who are trying to survive see I don't blame people who go into crime like dat even in america,the no 1 bank in the world which is bank of america is being founded by italians con artists .even our govt here from. Ibb to ibori to tafa to....nfact you know the list of them that paint us youth into poverty tell me are they not scammers demself only the format is different
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Leave Scam? by tpia5: 1:42pm On Jul 14, 2012
@ topic

imo, no.

Its a way of life for those who are into it, just like others have their own cultures and subcultures so also is scamming.

Now, having said all that, its not only nigerians who do it.
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Leave Scam? by Revolva(m): 7:08pm On Jul 14, 2012
tpia@:
imo, no.

Its a way of life for those who are into it, just like others have their own cultures and subcultures so also is scamming.

Now, having said all that, its not only nigerians who do it.

So you wanna bring tribalism here now and who ever told you only ibos scam , in nigeria yoruba benin deltans also do it. Most ok no body holy pass even our aboki sef dey do people wash wash all na scam
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Leave Scam? by jerryben12: 2:36am On Jul 16, 2012
Well, easy come was go. Scammers should know that what goes around comes around.
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Leave Scam? by tpia5: 3:34am On Dec 25, 2013
doesnt look like they ever will.

(1) (Reply)

Rival Cult Fight At Fedpoly Bida / Mother And Children Died After Eating Pot Of Soup That Wall Gecko Felled Into / Help! Please! Bvn-generated NIN Problems.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.