Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Russia Backs US Nominee Kim For World Bank Presidency - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Russia Backs US Nominee Kim For World Bank Presidency (6910 Views)

African Development Bank Presidency: 5 Serving Ministers, 3 Others Contest / Buhari Endorses Akinwunmi Adesina For African Development Bank Presidency / World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Backs US Nominee Kim For World Bank Presidency by acidtalk: 1:34pm On Apr 14, 2012
[quote author=chucky234]The world lost faith in NOI the moment she became a minister in Nigeria followed by the subsequent subsidy removal tussle between the FEC led by NOI and the masses. [/quot)

GBAM!!!
You have said it all.
No one follow Nigerian Politics and the secrets in there more than the Americans.
These people know NOI has become so neck deep inside corruption that she can auction Nigeria and Nigerians as a whole if she sees a prospective bidder/buyer.
There are so many things we Nigerians are not aware of because we aren't in the inner cacus.

A bait was thrown at Jonathan to improvesrish Nigerians so as to benefit deveoped Nations in serious debt to regain stability, they fell for it on the grounds that, they won't be exposed to foreign media on the numerous corruption caught cases against his government, and NOI thinking that was gonna be an automatic qualification for her at the World Bank job but Vola! They played GEJ and NOI out big time.

Won't wanna go detailed. But NOI knows she can't get that position 'cus there are uncountable facts of her corruption, she just want to put up "a lame fight" so it won't appear she chickened out too early.
Re: Russia Backs US Nominee Kim For World Bank Presidency by Dede1(m): 2:01pm On Apr 14, 2012
If Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is representing Biafra in her bid as World Bank president, USA would not have nominated a candidate.
Re: Russia Backs US Nominee Kim For World Bank Presidency by Dede1(m): 2:15pm On Apr 14, 2012
Callotti:

Yes, you misunderstood me.
I was only intimating with a tongue in the cheek response about the hype of the World Bank Assignment.
If it were up to Nigeria to make the decision. . .for a post in Nigeria. . .Igbos will not unite to support her.
Just like Ojukwu failed to get a senate seat in his own homestead. You never support yourselves. Forget all these online bragadacio.

Yes, Igbos shoot down their own rising stars because THEY ONLY UNITE when it has to do with a foreign assignment like the World Bank.
Can she run for any office in the East and be supported by the SE-XIST Okongwus there? Heck no!
Look at Dora Akunyili. How far did she go? Did the Ngige Mafioso not shoot her down? Charles Soludo nko?
The list is endless. That is my point.

You have shown your inherent ignorance in public once again. Did you ask your silly self if what is good for Nigeria is equally good for Ndigbo with respect to your drivel? When Nigeria nominates a candidate for international assignment, Ndigbo wil support such person regardless of ethnicity. However, when it comes to who will represent Ndigbo in any constitutes body in Nigeria, Ndigbo will paradoxically state who represents them.

1 Like

Re: Russia Backs US Nominee Kim For World Bank Presidency by ebamma(m): 2:24pm On Apr 14, 2012
them dey afraid of am becos of subsidy grin
Re: Russia Backs US Nominee Kim For World Bank Presidency by ADint(m): 2:39pm On Apr 14, 2012
This was always a no brainer! There was no way Okonjo was going to win the world bank presidency. Btw the US, Europe and Japan they already had 54% of the votes and everyone knew where those votes were going - the US candidate! Russia did what was politically prudent in the circumstances, why support a candidate that had no chance of winning? Why she allowed herself to fall for this with the outcome glaringly obvious beats me.

This is similar to someone expecting an ACN member to become Senate President in a senate with an overwhelming majority of PDP senators!
Re: Russia Backs US Nominee Kim For World Bank Presidency by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 14, 2012
MRS NGOZI OKONJO IWEALA all the way. who be kim yong pooo
Re: Russia Backs US Nominee Kim For World Bank Presidency by Demdem(m): 9:02pm On Apr 14, 2012
Farouk lawan : What is the balance in the subsidy accounts?
Diezieni: Its a virtual account
NNPC: There is no account in existence as the lay man will look at it
PPPRA: The account is a technical one
CBN: There is no account with us for subsidy
OKONJO: The account exists but not with a bank

The day she opened up her puff-puff mouth to declare that its not in Nigerian interest to build refineries was the dayshe lost her respect from me.
Once again, good decision from russia.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Backs US Nominee Kim For World Bank Presidency by member479760: 9:07pm On Apr 14, 2012
Okay - USA, RUSSIA, CANADA, JAPAN, CHINA, EU, ARABS, GHANA and
Re: Russia Backs US Nominee Kim For World Bank Presidency by Afam4eva(m): 9:15pm On Apr 14, 2012
ADint: This was always a no brainer! There was no way Okonjo was going to win the world bank presidency. Btw the US, Europe and Japan they already had 54% of the votes and everyone knew where those votes were going - the US candidate! Russia did what was politically prudent in the circumstances, why support a candidate that had no chance of winning? Why she allowed herself to fall for this with the outcome glaringly obvious beats me.

This is similar to someone expecting an ACN member to become Senate President in a senate with an overwhelming majority of PDP senators!

You have made the most intelligent contribution thus far. The votes that developing countries have is not enough to put NOI in the world bank. Except if she's supported by some developed nations. Russia seemed to me as one of the developed countries that will rally round NOI but uninformatively they chose to support the US candidate. I also see most asian countries supporting the US candidate considering the fact that he's originally from Asia. Anyways, let's seen how things turn out.
Re: Russia Backs US Nominee Kim For World Bank Presidency by begwong: 9:26pm On Apr 14, 2012
afam4eva: Russia will have to review it's foreign policy. How can they rally behind a US nominee. they should be doing the direct opposite of the US.
i tire o! and both countries have diff opinion on Iran's nuclear possesion.SMH!
Re: Russia Backs US Nominee Kim For World Bank Presidency by Kalizbeat(m): 9:48pm On Apr 14, 2012
Abeg no b ngozi b d finance minista? She no fit account 4 how Nigeria cari spend moni 4 fuel subsidy in d past 4yrs,na d same person wey dem want come cari do worldbank president bdat? ERROR, i trust d world would nt make dat kind of error... 4 d record NIGERIA IS AN UNDERDEVELOPING NATION it use 2 b a developing nation...
Re: Russia Backs US Nominee Kim For World Bank Presidency by Nobody: 12:43am On Apr 15, 2012
kutchs: @Calloti, dont seem to understand what you are on about. Whats ur grouse with Ndigbo? Tell u wot win or lose NOI has gained the recognition and attention of the world in a way u and generations of ur pple can never. If u were relevant and important you would have been nominated in her place. Russia‘s support of Kim is not enof reason to insult Ndigbo who have received serious mention all accross the globe. Both Nzeogwu and Ojukwu lived and died great men even in death their names still ring bells but am not sure that can be said about a nonentity like you.
u said it so well.
Re: Russia Backs US Nominee Kim For World Bank Presidency by Callotti: 1:06am On Apr 15, 2012
Dede1:

You have shown your inherent ignorance in public once again. Did you ask your silly self if what is good for Nigeria is equally good for Ndigbo with respect to your drivel? When Nigeria nominates a candidate for international assignment, Ndigbo wil support such person regardless of ethnicity. However, when it comes to who will represent Ndigbo in any constitutes body in Nigeria, Ndigbo will paradoxically state who represents them.

I am not interested in local politics. . . IGBOTIC OR OTHERWISE, sugar.
If you cannot put across your points like a civilized human. . .don't bother to address my posts. kiss
All I want to know is who gets the World Bank position.
So, phock you and your nonsensical IGBO stuff. kiss
Next thread please.
Re: Russia Backs US Nominee Kim For World Bank Presidency by zalatan(m): 10:36am On Apr 15, 2012
na white getam o,e go hard 4 black
Re: Russia Backs US Nominee Kim For World Bank Presidency by lacasa: 12:33pm On Apr 15, 2012
iykay4455:

The problem with nairaland is that there so many people with low IQ.I will love to read your thesis

Blabbing..abi na lie ..

Fresh aiiiiiiiiiiiirr
Re: Russia Backs US Nominee Kim For World Bank Presidency by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 16, 2012
Callotti: The name Nigeria alone is enough deterrent.
No one wants to be associated with Boko Haram that remains uncontained.
Furthermore, yahoo-yahoo boyz from you know where might hack into the World Bank and steal all the money in there through NOI.
I think her being a Nigerian does not go well with other Western countries.
Then she is BLACK. . .AFRICAN AND FEMALE?
3 strikes make a GONNER!

At least Obama Mama na white woman.
But to have 100% Igbo woman at the World Bank? cheesy

Lai lai!!!!

STU.PID Yoruba old f00l. Not even in your next 20 generation will a Yoruba woman smell such nomination, IDI0T
Re: Russia Backs US Nominee Kim For World Bank Presidency by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 16, 2012
Callotti:

I am not interested in local politics. . . IGBOTIC OR OTHERWISE, sugar.
If you cannot put across your points like a civilized human. . .don't bother to address my posts. kiss
All I want to know is who gets the World Bank position.
So, phock you and your nonsensical IGBO stuff. kiss
Next thread please.

Even with AWOs free Education,yet no yoruba could reach the position where these IBOS attained, Emeka Anyaoku, NOI , OBY ezekwesili, Dora etc. a very big shame yet non-entities are here making the most noise
Re: Russia Backs US Nominee Kim For World Bank Presidency by Olaolufred(m): 2:34pm On Apr 16, 2012
afam4eva: Russia will have to review it's foreign policy. How can they rally behind a US nominee. they should be doing the direct opposite of the US.

Not at all time.
Though they've got grudges against US for some reasons,
This time, they share same interest.
They ca not throw away their present interest just because US has same.
If they do, they are foolish. Probably that is the black's mentality. No, some bad belle people's mentality.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dialogue With Boko Haram Amount To “abysmal Appeasement.” – Soyinka / Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? / Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.